TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Rooming Together by LittleDarkOne

[Reviews - 8]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
“Rooming Together”

‘Chapter One – Odd Morning’

By: LittleDarkOne

Lids slowly fluttered open, revealing the black depths beneath as the sun slowly crept into the room, piercing the sleepy eyes. He blinked a few times, willing sleep to leave him as he turned his head to stare out his window, allowing himself to greet the day. He still felt the arm snugly around his waist, and the boy that had pulled him closer to him during the night. He unconsciously scooted into the kyuubi keeper’s chest, allowing himself to be snuggled further. He grinned slightly, letting himself be lost to this bliss he knew Naruto probably had no clue he was giving him. He merely assumed the boy had latched onto him for warmth during the night, thinking nothing of it otherwise. He felt the heartbeat of the other ninja pulse into his own ribcage from behind, the steady breaths ticking the nape of his neck and causing him to tilt his head, as if wanting that sensation to stay. He shivered unconsciously, his eyes closing a moment as he breathed in the scent of the other.

‘Sasuke no baka.’ He mumbled mentally to himself, hating that he let himself succumb to the illusion of being loved. ‘He doesn’t mean what he’s doing…you should just leave before he wakes up and gets mad at you.’ He finally told himself, though his limbs were reluctant to help him complete his thought, and so he continued to lay still. His fingers continued to glide along to bare arm of the boy that was holding him, still drowning in his own thoughts. ‘I should leave.’ He mentally said again, but found himself in no way moving and he was getting quite annoyed. He knew he was being delusional, the only reason the blonde even wanted to stay in his room was for warmth and his own laziness…there was nothing more, no hidden plots to it. And he really knew he shouldn’t be wishing that there was a hidden motive, but he couldn’t help but wish.

His eyes watched as the sun’s shadow as it began to creep along the blanket folds, heating small portions as it continued to climb into the sky. He knew he was lying there too long, he might be caught awake and in this predicament if he didn’t move soon. Biting back his want to stay there, close to the other, he finally removed the arm as best he could, making sure not to stir him too much. “Wha…?” Came the sleepy voice and he quickly tensed, turning his head to meet the relaxed face of, Naruto.

Slowly still he placed the arm behind him, resting it against the boy’s own chest as he scooted away from him. Apparently he was still sleeping; he had just made the noise out of being moved. “Shhh…” He said softly, and the crease in the other’s brow diminished, his face slowly relaxing again. He swooped his legs over the edge of the bed, resting his feet on the smooth carpet, though his eyes were still glued to the blonde. He perched himself on the bed’s lip, trying to send the signal to his legs to help him kick away from it. However his legs didn’t listen, and he continued to watch the other’s sleeping face, as if drawn into it by some unseen force.

“Sasu…ke…” Came the sleepy mumble as the hand that had held him groped out again, as if begging him to return.

Sasuke watched him still, staying just out of reach of that inviting grip. “Shhh…go to sleep, Naruto.” He said softly, resisting the urge to brush aside a few scattered gold locks. His fingers twitched, but he ignored them as he rose from the bed with mute finality. He had been fighting this obsession with Naruto for a few years now, and he wouldn’t let himself drown in what probably wasn’t real. He was sleeping, and he didn’t mean anything more than to call back his warmth.

“Sasuke…” He mumbled again, his hand grasping a pillow and pulling it close, burying his head into its thickness. Apparently the pillow still held the other’s body heat and scent and was enough to convince his sleepy state that, that was actually Sasuke. He made a contented sound before he drifted off to sleep once more, leaving the other in the silence of the room.

His eyes took in the moment, embedding it in his mind, the smallest of smiles gracing his lips before it disappeared and his feet glided across the carpet to keep his body in motion. His hand grasped the cold handle of the door and he opened it with as much stealth as he could, glancing to the bed occasionally to make sure the other was still in fact, asleep. With satisfaction that he was, he walked out of the room, shutting the door quietly behind him. He lingered a moment, leaning back on the closed door. “Sleep well, Naruto.” He whispered softly to the air around him, knowing full well his voice would not penetrate through the door. With that final word, he walked silently down the hall, leaving the boy behind.

****

The sun continued to glare down through the un-guarded windowpane, it’s angry rays piercing the boy’s lids and causing him to shift in discomfort. His mind was foggy, telling him he was half awake, his dream had disappeared and now he tried his best to find somewhere to hide his head and get rid of the unwanted light. His hand groped out; trying to find the warmth he had latched onto the night before, but fingers were only greeted with a cold bed sheet. He shivered, grasping the blankets around himself as he continued to scoot across the bed frame in hopes of finding the heat. His brows furrowed as he continued to come up fruitless. Growling in frustration the ninja nudged himself one more inch and promptly fell off the bed.

Thud.

He made a strangled cry as his eyes snapped open to greet the rather dark surroundings as he made contact with the cold floor. He grumbled, rubbing his sore back as he untangled himself from the comforter and the sheets. ‘Where the hell is, Sasuke?’ He thought simply, looking around the empty room, but wasn’t greeted with the sight of the missing boy.

He had thought maybe the night had all been a dream, but noticing the clothes on him and the drab room, he knew it hadn’t been a dream. He breathed in deeply, taking in the scent of the elusive boy before rising to his feet. He tied the drawstring on the pajama bottoms so they wouldn’t fall and then began his sleepy walk, nearly stumbling over a shirt. He steadied himself, opened the door, and peered drowsily down the hallway with half-lidded eyes. He frowned, the boy was still nowhere in sight and he knew he would have to go on a giant goose hunt around his humungous home to find him. He sighed, shutting the door behind him and casually walking down the hall and carefully stepping down the stairs to the lower level. ‘Maybe I’ll get some food first…then look for ‘im…’ He thought, his stomach growling in favor of his thought and he decided the best thing to do was to raid Sasuke’s fridge first. After all, the boy did leave him all alone upstairs where it had been cold, and he was hungry anyway.

With that final thought, descended the stairs, letting his feet grasp the cool tiles as he reached the base. Lazily still he walked further into the home, pushing aside another door in hopes of finding the kitchen he so longed for. His eyes darted around the new room, but were met with a simple table and a few scattered pillows, seeming a traditional Japanese eating room. He sighed, his stomach attempting to eat itself as he paced through this new room, seeking out a door. He stumbled upon one, his eyes catching sight of the door that was attempting to blend into the wall. He grinned, mentally victorious as he found the elusive door, reaching out a hand to grasp the handle when something unexpected happened. The door promptly swung open before he could even fathom what was happening, the thick wood slamming against his skull and sending him backwards on his tail. He winced, rubbing the sore mark on his forehead that was already healing; he glared up with sleepy eyes at the blob of color that was the home’s owner. “Sasuke…” He all but whined, unable to get up now that he fell, his tired limbs not helping one bit.

He blinked, looking down to the whining youth, quirking a brow and setting his impassive mask in place. “You should have watched where you were going.” He muttered, stepping clear over him and taking a place at the table, resting on a violet colored pillow.

He continued his glare, but the moment he figured out the other boy wasn’t paying any attention to him he quit. He sighed softly, crawling over to the low table as well and flopping noisily down on a ruby colored pillow. “What’s that?” He asked, only now noticing the tray that Sasuke placed on the ebon tabletop.

“Food.” He said simply, noticing as Naruto’s nose scrunched as he sniffed the air as if to confirm his statement. Wordlessly he began to set the table, taking everything off the tray and soon setting the empty thing aside. He sorted the food equally, then raised a hand to the other ninja, a pair of chopsticks being offered to him.

“You made some for me too?” His grin widened and he quickly accepted the eating implements, and perching himself now on his pillow seat, looking to the steaming food with hungry eyes.

“No. I just wanted you to sit while I ate.” He rolled his eyes. “I was going to wake you up for it, but you seemed to have done it yourself.” He said simply, grasping a bowl and sticking his wooden chopsticks in to grasp a large sphere of ivory rice.

His eyes took in the table, and he picked up a bowl of soup, peering into the dark depths and watching his reflection sway. “You don’t have any ramen, do you?” He asked after a long pause, lifting his eyes from the familiar yet foreign soup perched in his palm.

“I don’t like ramen. And, I didn’t know you were coming over.” He stated simply, continuing to eat his rice soon after.

Naruto continued to watch his soup bowl as if it would magically transform into ramen. With a sigh, he swished the liquid around, altering his reflection. “Can we go buy some?” He asked, his nose twitching as he sniffed the dark liquid, confirming it to be miso.

“The store’s aren’t open yet. And, I wouldn’t go out just to buy you ramen when you will probably be going home today anyway.” He said simply, lifting his eyes to look to the blonde before he turned his attention back to his breakfast.

“Why aren’t they open yet?” He tilted his head, his blue eyes questioning as he watched Sasuke eat.

“Because it’s nine in the morning. They don’t open ‘till ten, and the noodle bar doesn’t open until noon.” He stated matter-of-factly, picking at his rice now, seeing how Naruto wouldn’t cease in his questions and he didn’t want to appear rude by eating while speaking.

“Nine in the morning?!” He yelped, setting his bowl roughly on the tabletop and ignoring it as drops of hot liquid spilled every which way. “Why am I up so early?!”

He quirked a brow to him before he shook his head at his question, “You do seem like the type to sleep all day.”

“What is that supposed to mean?” He grumbled, crossing his arms, the chopsticks jabbing his side.

“Nine isn’t all that early.” He said simply, taking a bite of rice, swallowing, then began speaking again. “I would assume late for you in around, six?” He taunted.

“Hmph.” He snorted, “It’s your fault I woke up early anyway.”

“How is it my fault?” He questioned.

“Because, I was all comfortable up there, and then you left. And then I got cold because you weren’t my human heater anymore, therefore I woke up. And it’s your fault.” He accused, mentally going over his statement, making sure it made sense. Though, in his sleepy mind anything made sense so he quickly shrugged the revision aside.

Sasuke blinked a moment, taking in his words and promptly looking down to his bowl. He willed the bit of heat to leave his cheeks before his friend saw, and he angrily ripped apart his mountain of rice. ‘Naruto knew that he latched onto me? And…he didn’t mind?’ He mumbled mentally, wondering if in fact the blonde knew what he was saying.

“Sasuke…?” He blinked, narrowing his eyes to study the boy better. “You’re blushing!” He grinned, pointing an accusing finger in his direction and laughing at his misfortune.

He slammed his bowl down on the table, his chopsticks clattering elsewhere. “I am not.” He stated hotly, glaring down at his bowl, his blush slowly leaving as he replaced embarrassment with anger.

“Sure, sure.” He waved him off. “It’s too early to fight anyway. I’ll just remember and tease you later.” He said simply, flashing another vulpine grin.

“Just eat something.” He grumbled.

“But…you’re food’s weird.” He said, making a face at the soup and vegetables that were assorted on the tabletop.

“The soup would be fine for you. You eat miso ramen, it’s the same, just without the noodles.” He said simply. “And rice is plain, you can add whatever you want to it. They’re normal dishes, Naruto, you just think they’re weird because you’ll only eat, ramen.”

He poked the bowl of miso, making the liquid quake under his touch. “It’s not the same. It’s all just juice and chunks of stuff. There’s no noodles.” He mumbled, still skeptical over the food.

“Just eat it, Naruto.” He said, keeping his anger in check as he picked up his bowl of rice and began to eat again. He wasn’t really sure why, but he was annoyed, and even more so with the fact that Naruto was conscious of what he did to him the night before. Though, he was fairly certain the boy didn’t know of his feelings. However, if he did he might just be messing with him, a prank as he would do, and this one he wouldn’t stand for.

“It’s icky.” He stuck his tongue out for emphasis.

“Stop acting like your two. Eat the damn food.” He chewed harshly on another small rice blob.

“Why are you so cranky? I’m just saying I don’t want to eat it, and that we should just go get some ramen.” He said in a mouthful, poking the bowl of cooling soup again.

“I’m cranky because I made all this, and you don’t want any of it. And, I already told you, nothing’s open so there’s no way you can get ramen right now.” He tried to explain again, hoping he might just shut up and eat something.

“It’s not like you made this just for me, so don’t get all angry about it.” He huffed, not understanding why the other boy could be so hot-tempered.

“Fine.” He mumbled for lack of anything better to say to him.

“I’ll just wait.” He folded his arms, looking to the side as he disobeyed Sasuke in his plea for making him eat.

He looked up, watching his profile a moment before he shook his head. “Whatever. Starve; I don’t really care at the moment. At noon, when we get your key, you’ll go back to your house…and you can stuff yourself with ramen.”

“Fine.” He said hotly, though his stomach soon protested to him, growling loudly in the silence that once engulfed the room.

Sasuke promptly ignored his stomach’s growl, and continued to eat in normal fashion. “You’re just going to sit there?” He questioned, quirking a slender brow.

“Yup.” He stated simply, still looking away from the table.

“You’re so stubborn, baka.” He commented simply, taking another bite of rice.

“I am not a baka.” He mumbled, still pouting.

Sasuke resisted the urge to smile at his pout and instead continued to finish up his bowl of rice. As he finished he set the empty dish on the glossy tabletop, absently moving over to grasp the tray and he began to clean up the scattered food. “Why don’t you go upstairs and get ready for the day. We have to leave soon to get your key.” He said simply, rising from the floor, the tray perched in his arms.

“We’re not leaving for a long time.” He grumbled, casting his eyes to the dark-haired boy.

He regarded him, “You may as well get ready now. Maybe we could go somewhere first or something.”

“It took forever to get down here, I don’t want to go all the way back upstairs!” He whined.

He rolled his eyes, wondering how he could still act like such a child. “Naruto.” He said calmly, regarding the pouting face of the blonde. “Just go up there and get ready, while I clean up breakfast.”

“I don’t want to move all the way up there.” He repeated again, though in a slower fashion as if regarding a slow child.

“Do you want me to carry you then?” He asked smoothly, cool obsidian eyes watching his face as it tinted pink. ‘Why is he blushing?’ He thought absently, quirking a brow to the blonde who immediately lowered his gaze.

“I can walk!” He spat, trying to shove his blush aside. ‘Damn, Sasuke.’ He growled mentally, staring at the floor, not daring enough to look back at those taunting eyes.

“Then walk upstairs.” He repeated again.

“I will…” He muttered, still not too keen on moving.

“If you go get dressed, I’ll buy you ramen when we get to the noodle bar.” He said finally, hoping to motivate the blonde.

He blinked, raising his eyes in mute surprise to the stoic ninja. A grin spread across his face, his blush easily dying down now. “Promise?” He asked, tilting his head in a curious way.

“I said it didn’t I?” He said simply, taking a few steps towards the door to the kitchen. “Go get ready.” He mumbled again before he slipped into the kitchen, the door clicking shut behind him.

Naruto kept his grin; imaging the ramen he would have, wondering which flavor he would have today. ‘Maybe Sasuke will buy me a lot…’ He thought wistfully, walking out of the dining area and retreating into the entryway. He pushed aside the door, stepping back upon the tiles and making his way to the stair. He couldn’t wait to leave now, and bounded up the stairs three at a time as if the faster he got ready the faster they would leave. The thought of ramen was inviting enough, but spending lunch with the one you liked, was even better…