TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Trouble with Popsicles by KitsuneFun

[Reviews - 8]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: I was in the middle of writing the newest chapter of ‘A Dog‘s Life,’ and I was in the mood to try a one shot and wanted to see what you guys thought about it since I don‘t normally post one-shots. Unfortunately it’s unedited, but I am trying to make my writing better so I hope you won‘t hold that against me and enjoy the story for what it is. Thanks for your time and I hope you comment.

The Trouble with Popsicles’ by KitsuneFun

Summary: The Newest sensation hits Konoha “Popsicles” what happens when Naruto gets a hold of one… it means trouble for his fellow Shinobi, Sasuke.

Disclaimer: I don’t own Naruto that honor is held by Masashi Kishimoto; I am just a fan fiction writer doing this for fun.

It was Naruto’s day off and he found himself wandering the streets of Konoha while on his way to the practice grounds where he was planning to meet up with Sasuke, ‘Damn its hot…’ he thought wiping at his forehead that had started to trickle sweat. He unzipped his orange jacket and tied it around his tiny waist. With the jacket on nobody new that Naruto was as small as he was, it was an embarrassment to the blond that he looked so much like a girl in height and width, while the rest of his classmates resembled their adult counterparts more, so he tended to dress up in ways that made him appear bulkier than he was.

Though Naruto’s shirt was a dark blue you could still see the sweat accumulated at the underarm area, it was the Kyuubi’s fault that he tended to react more to the heat than normal kids his age. It was while he was grumbling about the stupid fox and its overheated obnoxiousness that he spotted a store from out of the corner of his eye that he’d never seen before ‘Pero’s Popsicle Parlor’.

‘What the hell is a popsicle he thought’, always more curious than his own good, Naruto entered the shop and gasped in pleasure as the cold air inside hit his overheated body, surrounding his body in a cocoon of chilled bliss. Naruto sighed deeply while closing his eyes in pleasure, ‘Just what I needed he thought’.

His bliss was interrupted by a very loud and seemingly perverted whistle, opening his blue eyes he spotted the proprietor of the shop leaning over the counter slightly and waving at him with a huge smile on his pale face. He didn’t know why the idea popped in his head, but the guy looked like Jiraya if he had been in his twenties. The older boy had white spiky hair and wicked dark green eyes that eyed him up and down like a prime piece of meat. That’s where the similarities ended because Jiraya was obviously hetero whereas this boy was obviously gay.

“Well hello there cutie…” he gave a slow wink, “Is their anything I can do for you?” he gave a slow smirk after the anything making Naruto pale in shock and decide that maybe it wasn’t a good idea after all entering the shop.

“Ah no…” Naruto waived his hands in the air excitedly, “I was just curious about your shop… er nothing more…heh…” and he tried to walk out the way he came all the while looking at the other man eye him thoughtfully.

“Aren’t you hot?” Naruto squeaked in surprise as the other boy talked again.

“Nn…No…Not really…” Naruto laughed uncomfortable with the way the other boy continued to eye him.

The other boy moved quickly from behind the counter to face him, he had a thoughtful look on his face as he stood rather too closely before Naruto, “You seem to be sweating rather profusely… here” he pointed with his finger to Naruto’s arm pits, “and here…” and he smiled rather naughtily as he pointed at Naruto’s cloth covered crotch, “And most likely there too…”

Naruto blushed a bright red knowing it was true not that he would give the perverted man the satisfaction of knowing it was, “It’s none of your business…” he muttered crossing his arms.

The other boy continued smiling, “Oh but it is mine… I’m Pero and I sell popsicles…” he moved a hand from behind his back that held a rather long and slender yet almost cone shaped object from behind his back that was a colored a bright red.

Naruto eyed it oddly, “What’s a popsicle?”

Pero laughed, “It’s only the best stuff on earth… a ice-cold confection from the land of ice brought to give you flavor filled enjoyment on this hot day…” again that smile that made Naruto shiver in dread.
“I don’t know…” Naruto eyed it thinking their must be some trick to it he hadn’t figured out yet.

Pero pouted slightly, “Ah please no one has come in since I opened yesterday… except you…” the older boy looked sad which made Naruto’s heart feel for him, knowing how hard it was being an outsider even though he had lived here his whole life.

“Well I guess I can try it… but,” the blond blushed, “I don’t have any money…”

Pero smiled again, “That’s ok… leave your jacket here as collateral and come back with the money later which is 75 cents… deal?” he held out the Popsicle.

Naruto smiled handing the other boy his jacket, thinking that 75 cents was a deal and he had it at home in his frog wallet so it wouldn’t take long to get it and come right back, he grabbed the popsicle and smile, “Deal…Thanks,” he shook hands with Pero and left completely missing the dangerously perverted glint in the owners eyes as he left.

“No thank you Naruto-kun,” Pero’s grin looked almost feral as he watched the blond walk away.

Walking out of the shop, Naruto eyed his newly acquired treat thoughtfully, ‘It doesn’t look too bad’, he thought giving the Popsicle a hesitant lick. The blond froze in surprise as the taste of cherries and pineapple filled his mouth leaving behind a pleasant chill, “its good…” he found himself saying out loud.

Naruto started licking the confection slowly from base to tip overcome with delight at the pleasantly cold texture and wondrous taste that he didn’t notice when other people stopped what they were doing to eye him in shock The blond continued walking in the direction of the training ground where he had promised to meet up with Sasuke for some training as though he didn’t have a care in the world.

He didn’t realize when one set of dark eyes had fixed on him intently or when that same body followed him in the direction of the training grounds.

Naruto knew that he was early and decided to sit on a stump waiting for Sasuke, he was so fixed on licking his popsicle that he didn’t notice when the his best friend appeared out of nowhere beside him, he was too busy licking at the juice from the popsicle that had fallen on his hands making them sticky and wet.

“Dobe what are you doing?” Sasuke asked eyeing Naruto oddly.

The blond jumped up in surprise almost loosing the Popsicle, “Ah…. Dammit Teme don’t surprise me like that…” he yelled waving his arms this way and that.

Sasuke sighed while rubbing at his temple and tried to control his temper towards his teammates antics, “I was referring to what you had in your hand Urusontachi?”

Naruto stopped in surprise almost forgetting the sweet confection in his hand, since Naruto had started licking it, it had ended up at half it regular size, “It’s a popsicle Sasuke… the greatest thing to hit Konoha…”

Sasuke eyed Naruto then the Popsicle and back again, one eye brow rose mockingly, “And I should care why exactly…”

Naruto’s eyes narrowed in anger at the words, “I forgot a certain someone with a permanent stick up their asses doesn’t like sweet things…” he growled sitting back down and finishing up his treat.
“What makes you think I don‘t…” Sasuke mocked eyeing the boy as he slowly licked the treat, he would be damned if he would ever admit it to the other boy, but he found the sight rather erotic, ‘Not that I will admit what he’s doing is hot… especially since Naruto obviously likes girls and would hate me if I admitted I didn’t…’

Naruto eyed him suspiciously out of the corner of his eye, “The fact that every time a girl presents you with something they have made you say..” he gets ups and does an impersonation of Sasuke looking rather haughtily down at a fan girl, “I don’t like sweet things… take it away you insignificant little worm… you are too lowly to stand in my prescience for I am an Uchiha and Uchiha’s don’t like anything fun…” and with that he sat back down.

Sasuke’s eyebrow twitched in annoyance at the overly dramatic and wrong performance, “I don’t say that?”

Naruto licked at his popsicle, “You do too…”

The raven crossed his arms angrily rather than wrapping them around a certain blond’s adorable neck, “When did I ever say they were insignificant worms or that I was too good for them…” He wouldn’t admit that the sweet part was true, but for entirely different reasons or the fact that he really didn’t like all the fan girls attentions since he always wished it was always Naruto giving him the presents.

Naruto snorted in annoyance while in mid lick, “Well it’s only obvious the way you look at them…I wish I had that problem…” The blond looked sad for a bit before going back to his popsicle, if Sasuke wasn’t as observant as he was of Naruto he might have missed it.

“Here let me try that…” Sasuke held out a hand towards Naruto asking for the Popsicle, ‘Maybe it’s about time I told him the truth’, the raven thought.

The blond eyed Sasuke’s outstretched hand thoughtfully, “Why should I?”

Sasuke smirked, “Are you afraid to give me your cooties Dobe?”

Naruto glared angrily at the other, “I do not have cooties… god who talks like that anymore… we aren’t kids…” he blushed a bright red but handed Sasuke the Popsicle anyways.

“No we aren’t… are we…” Sasuke said giving a slight smile as he grabbed the Popsicle and licked it in the same manner as Naruto had, “I don’t feel I should try pretending anymore… do you…”

It was an odd response that made Naruto eye the other boy thoughtfully, ever since returning from Orochimaru, Sasuke seemed a lot more open if only towards Naruto, “So?” he waited for the raven’s response as he continued liking the popsicle.

Sasuke caught Naruto eyeing him and he sighed dramatically (which was uncharacteristic for Sasuke), “It’s not enough…” he looked over at Naruto’s confused face and noticed some of the sticky syrup around his mouth and without thinking about it leaned in and licked off the syrup slowly, “This tastes better…”

Naruto turned a bright red at the action and pushed Sasuke away, “Teme… stop joking around…”

Sasuke suddenly looked serious as he looked down at the popsicle in his hands, “I’m not joking Dobe…” he suddenly looked up and stared deeply in Naruto’s eyes, “I’ve thought this ever since that fight with Haku and Zabuza though I denied it… ever since that fight when I almost killed you hoping to extinguish it… ever since I returned…” he gave a sad smile something that Naruto had never once saw before on his best friends face and hoped never to see again if he could help it, “It’s you Naruto… I can never say no to”
The word sent a current of surprise and realization down the blond’s spine, ‘All those time…’ he remembered seeing Sasuke turn all those girls down saying it wasn’t what he wanted, that he didn’t like sweets and that he wasn’t interested… it was because, “You like me…” Naruto stated wide-eyed, “Wait… does that mean you’re gay?”

Sasuke gave a strained laugh, “Well I guess if it makes you fell any better… I don’t care if you were a guy or a girl Naruto… I love you because you’re you…”

Naruto found himself staring into Sasuke’s deep black eyes and felt his heart constrict painfully at the words, ‘Haven’t I always thought he same, but never admitted it…’ he bit his lip and ducked his head while he wondered if what he did next was the wisest course, “Sasuke… can I uhm… can I kiss you?”

The raven’s eyes widened in surprise at the request, he never thought Naruto would ever want to and he wondered if the blond meant it, “This isn’t a joke Dobe… if you’re doing this to appease me…”

Naruto looked up quickly, “No… I want to…I,” he blushed and scratched at his cheek, “But if you don’t I understand…”

“You shouldn’t ask stupid questions Urusontachi…” the raven leaned in and kissed Naruto fully on the lips this time, he noticed that the blond’s lips were as soft as they appeared, but it wasn’t enough he needed to taste more, “Open you mouth for me…” he muttered while pulling away briefly.

“Wha…” Naruto attempted to ask, but Sasuke took advantage of the situation by kissing him thoroughly delving his tongue inside to taste his love’s mouth, ‘This is Naruto…’ Sasuke thought while enjoying the taste of the other, ‘Better than any popsicle…’

As hands clasped and bodies joined, neither noticed when the forgotten Popsicle fell to the ground and eventually melted into obscurity.

Pero sat by the cash register while looking into the mirror thoughtfully at the two new lovers, “Ah its always the simplest things that bring out the most fun,” the chime above his door rang and he looked up to great his newest costumer who looked oddly out of place with the hot season wearing that mask that covered his lower face and Konoha headband covering one eye, the older man seemed intent on reading his little orange book and hadn’t realized he’d entered the store by accident.

“That’s odd…” Kakashi thought looking around in curiosity; he usually didn’t walk into places by accident.

Pero gave a huge smile, “It’s not odd it’s Konoha’s newest sensation… Popsicles,” he held up a blue colored one this time, “I know your going to love it…”

Well that’s it for the one-shot again… I hope you liked it and look forward to my other stories which they should be updated soon and I in fact still working on the next chapter of my regular story now. So please comment, I love to hear what everyone thinks it helps me with my stories. Thanks for your time. Ja Ne XD.