TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Valley Heart by SamaSurreal

[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +




Valentines Day was a Western holiday, celebrated in America. In Japan such a silly holiday was rarely celebrated… but today was different. Today, a group of youngsters, barely in Kindergarten would be celebrating the day of love. Iruka-sensei would see to it because he wanted his students, whom he loved like they were his own, to see things outside their own traditions. He also thought it would be quite fun to see how the children would behave. Iruka sat at his desk with a warm smile as he told the class about his plans for them to make Valentine's for whomever they chose. He barely had time to breathe as he explained the concept of the holiday, and answered the millions of questions that followed his explanation. Iruka's speech on love and happiness soon left some of the kids feeling disgusted while others blushed, but had no choice except to participate.


The kids sat around the room making heart-shaped cards from folded white, red, and pink construction paper. As time passed finished cards were passed out and new cards were made. The giggling and chatter buzzed uninterrupted until…


"Gaara-kun!" The brooding, green-eyed, red-head was broken from his moody depression only to meet the smaller, shyer, pales eyes of Hinata Hyuuga. Hinata tugged at one of her braided pig-tails and looked at Gaara shyly, before pressing her fingers together meekly and shifting her feet nervously. Gaara noticed the pink tinting of her cheeks as his eyes traveled to the back of the pink, heart-shaped card she was holding, but she was shyly keeping the front hidden from his view.


Gaara regarded her coolly, looking adorably cute with his little face twisted into a frown. What could the girl possibly want? Couldn't she see he was keeping himself as far away as possible from the others?
'Obviously, not.' He thought darkly, his mood souring even more so since no one had even given him a card....not that the five year old would admit that he cared.


"What do you want?" He asked a little harsher then intended, causing the girl's eyes to widen slightly before they darted away from his.


She blushed, glanced at him, then away, and then back again to meet his jade-colored orbs. Hinata lips thinned into a perfect frown as determination set in to not have this "cootie boy", or so he was often called, scare her off. With a deep breath Hinata bestowed Gaara with her card. The card was covered in glitter, slightly messy from her inability to handle the glue bottle; the words were clear though cutely misspelled. The card read, 'Hapy Valanties Day', in bold, pasted on letters.


Gaara raised a nonexistent brow, surprised that Hinata-chan would make a card for him. Why would she do such a thing? The gesture was sweet and Gaara couldn't help the little tears from pooling at the corner of his eyes.


"Hinata-chan..." Gaara whispered as he hesitantly extended his arm.


No one had ever given him or done something this nice to him. Hinata only smiled and offered the card to his reaching hand. When Gaara took it a voice from behind interrupted the union.


"Hinata-sama! What are you doing?!" The normally calm and protective Neji bellowed, running over to them.


Hinata jumped and flushed as she turned to look up at her older cousin whose eyes spit fire at Gaara; Gaara glared back at him.


"Neji-si-nisan! I..." she didn't get any further before her cousin interrupted, again.


"What are you doing Hinata-chan?" Neji questioned, his eyes narrowed at the girl he vowed to protect.


"Um..." She mumbled, peeking out shyly at the two boys she was currently wedged between before answering, "Giving Gaara-chan a card...?"


"Your not suppose to," Neji replied.


"Why not?" she asked as she questioningly blinked at him.


"Because you're not!" he spewed, clenching his fists.


Neji's response made the glare on Gaara's face turn into a knowing smirk.


"Jealous? Hyuuga? I got a card from Hinata-chan and you didn't! Nahnahnah!" he taunted and teased, waving the card in Neji's face.


Neji's face lit with rage before he shoved Hinata out of the way and lunged at Gaara.


"Neji! Gaara! Stop it!!" Hinata's frightful scream caused the other children in the class to look over towards the commotion as Iruka rushed over to them.


After a bit of a struggle, Iruka got the fist throwing boys to separate, looking down disapprovingly at the both of them. Gaara and Neji had the courtesy to look guilty at Iruka before looking away at the ground. Gaara quietly pick up his wrinkled card, which was luckily not totally damaged. After Iruka helped Hinata to her feet he turned his attention back to the guilty boys.


"I don't know how or who started this and..." he shush them when they protested, his voice firm and final, "And I don't care. No one is allowed to fight in this class and you both know this!"


The two boys flinched slightly but Iruka continued on. After a moment, the older man sighed quietly.


"You both could have not only hurt each other, but someone else too. Gaara, Neji, apologize to Hinata and then to each other." Gaara and Neji shared a glare before looking apologetically to Hinata.


"Sorry Hinata-chan."


"Sorry Hinata-sama."


She smiled at them both, showing them that they were forgiven.


"Now to each other," Iruka said as he waited patiently for the two boys to make up.


Gaara and Neji looked away from each other, both mumbling a gruff apology. Iruka sighed but accepted it.


"I will inform your parents about what happened today." He warned, watching them both nod sadly.


"Good, now kiss and make up."


A chorus of "yucks" and "ewws" broke out in the classoom.


"But, sensei!"


The two boys protested, completely repulsed at the mere thought of kissing each other.


"Do it..." Iruka said in a sing-song voice.


Iruka smirked inwardly, this was one way to ensure no more fighting…


…for the time being.


Gaara and Neji looked disgustingly at each other before leaning in and giving the other a slight peck on the lips. Iruka smiled while the rest of the children broke into gales of laughter.


Iruka was trying to get the giggling children under control when a little boy on the forth aisle stood up abruptly. His sniffled teary-eyed at Neji, Hinata, and Gaara


"Such youthful flames!" he shouted causing everyone to sweat drop.


And every year it burned brighter. ^^

Happy Valentines Day!

Chapter end notes: Requested by,



DeathJunkE



Hey guys! Long time no see huh? It’s been awhile I know and I’m a little late on the postage too…gah…My internet connection just suck yesterday and geez…But anyway! I wanted to say thank you guys for all your reviews and support! I JUST LOVE THEM! I never would have thought I get so many hits or reviews you know? I’m not the best writer in the world but I try my best and your love is all that matters. ^^



My biggest love, shout out to? Animehead! I LOVE YOU GIRLY! Thank you for doing this quickie one-shot for me, you have no idea how much I appreciate this! Thank you girly! You rock!



Another thing besides this being a Valentines Day one-shot, I wanted to delicate it to Lee-lee! HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLY!!!



I hope you guys enjoy this PG-13 of Gaara/Neji/Hinata! Ttul!