TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


A devil`s Moon by roguefan212000

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: This is my first Nartuo story. This one shot has also been posted on Fanfiction net.
A devil's moon

By Roguefan212000

I do not own Naruto.


Sasukes eyes were as dark and empty, as the starless sky. The youth wiped away the blood from his cheek, with the back of his hand. The blood of his enemy stained Sasukes pale flesh. The boy stood alone on a grassy hill.

The moonlight shone on the fresh spring grass, revealing every single bloody green sprout. A fallen warrior rest at his feet. Killing this man was as easy as snapping a tree branch. He was barely worth the young genins time. The boy lazily slid his hands into his pockets, as he trend through the tall grass.

His eyes focused on the dirt path. The trail led him to an old temple . Its wooden beams were once a brilliant red, which faded with time. The roof was rotting with age. It may have been a grand sight many years ago, but now it was a mere shadow. Sasuke knew it was a sin to slay a man, on such sacred grounds. However, he didn't t care. His list of transgressions were already longer than his arms.

He slowly approached the temples entrance . Sasuke sensed another human presence. Someone was watching him. The wind carried a scent of cherry blossoms . The smell was familiar , but also annoying . It must be Sakura.

Sasuke turned toward a cluster of trees. The young girl emerged from the shadows. Her bright eyes clearly shone with concern . The dim light revealed his blood stained shirt . “ Oh, Sasuke ,” she said with a gasp. She reached out to touch him, but he backed away. “ I'm fine ,” he said coldly.

Sakura was not hurt by his actions. He was just being his “normal” rude self. He didn't care to know, why she was here. Sasukes attention returned to the temple. A blast of wind erupted from the small structure . A spirit stepped out of the whirl wind. He towered over the youths .The phantom approached Sasuke .

The boy discovered that he could not move. A strange enchantment held him in place.

“You have tainted the grounds of my sanctuary ,” the spirit shouted.“ A sacrifice must be made to atone for your transgression .”

Sasuke calmly regarded the ghost. “ What would that be ? “ , he asked.

The phantom sneered at him. “ Your arrogance will be your undoing “.

A beam of light sprang up from his hands. Sakura rushed forward to stand between them. ‘Stop ,” she cried. The fact that she would put her life on the line, for him was shocking.

“ Get out of here , Sakura,” Sasuke growled.

She ignored him and bravely continued. “ Isn't there a ritual that can purify your lands?” , she asked.

The phantom's expression softened. “ No , child,” he answered . “ There must be a sacrifice.”

The spirit gravely regarded Sasuke. He was hardly deserving of Sakuras devotion . “ For her sake, I will lessen your punishment,” he said . “ You will remain here, until you learn the ways of compassion. If you try to escape the forest demons will hunt you down, and kill you.”

Sasuke only glared at the being. His dark eyes were set ablaze by an unbridled hatred. The phantom cast a sympathetic glance, toward Sakura. The ghost knew her thoughts.

“ There is no other way,” the being answered.

The girl's gentle eyes glistened with unshed tears. Sakura bowed her head, letting her rose pink hair shield her face . Sasuke remained silent. He had no choice, but to throw his life into the arms of fate. The phantom struck Sasuke with a beam of light. The boy slowly transformed into a deer. The phantom vanished . They were left alone in the night.

Sakura embraced the deer. Her warm tears wet his pale fur. Although , Sasuke was a gentle beast , his eyes held the same anger. “ Somehow, I will help you break this curse,” Sakura whispered.

Sakura kept his curse a secret. She told her friends, that Sasuke was away on a mission. Sakura would visit him, whenever she was able. For Sakura, Sasukes plight was bitter sweet. He would never allow her to come ,near him under normal circumstances. Only, this time he truly needed her help . He could not shut her out.

She wondered ,how one person could hold so much hate. Did Sasuke think he was the only one, whoever suffered lost? Sakura sat on the old temple steps. She watched him from afar. He trotted to and fro. Her heart ached for him. Sakura was able to release her anger, but Sasuke allowed it to swallow up his very being.

He needed to hate. He needed to lash out at someone or something. Over time, Sasukes eyes grew dull. His defiance was replaced, with a heart breaking frenzy. Sasuke took pride in his strength ,being vulnerable and weak was foreign to him. It was driving him mad. The only thing ,that calmed his rage was Sakuras sea green eyes.

He began to look forward to her visits. Her presence filled his silent lonely nights, with comfort. Sakuras songs and chants, caused his dark dreams to drift away. Despite Sakuras efforts, the curse remained. Sasukes salvation lay in his own hands. She couldn't save someone, who didn't know they were lost.

The days passed in a slow numb pattern. Sakura was as consistent, as the sun. Everyday, she would appear at first light and vanish at dusk. Sasuke stood near the old temple to wait. She would soon appear with the sunlight. His dark eyes scanned the forest ,but he saw no sign of Sakura.

The afternoon sun descended, beyond the hills . She did not come. Darkness claimed the land, but her cheerful voice did not break the silence. Sasuke wandered through the dark forest. Sasuke knew he could not go beyond the forest's edge. Still he continued to search for her.

A strand of pink hair stuck out from , underneath a bush. Sakura lay in the dirt, curled up in a fetal position. Her arms and legs were covered in strange claw marks. A great dark beast crawled over her still form. It was a forest demon. The creature vanished into the night.

Sasuke carefully studied her face. Despite, all her wounds, she was still beautiful. Sakuras breath came in shallow gasps. A foreign emotion swept over him. The warmth spread through his entire being.

Sasuke slowly returned to his human form. He gently caressed her cheek. Sakuras eyes fluttered open. “ Your free,” she whispered. A weak smile lit up her pretty face. Then, she died. Once again, Sasuke Uchiha was alone. He was left with another life to avenge.

( What do you think? )


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to Top