TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Codename: DESPAIR by animehead

[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: An attempt at a SasuNaru ItaNeji fan fiction. This will be a long story, if all goes well. Reviews are more than welcomed. This will be an SasuNaru Itaneji pairing. I do not own Naruto, or any of the characters from the anime/manga. I make no money from this stroy.
Codename:DESPAIR

 

Another story by animehead. No beta'd.

 

 

 

Codename: DESPAIR

 

 

 

They were two people that you definitely did not want to meet.

 

 

For if you saw them, it was quite possible, that they would be the last two people that you would ever see.

 

 

 

A cool September breeze blew down a deserted street. It rustled leaves that lay scattered about the ground and shifted wind chimes causing them to tinkle. The two stoic figures made their way up Leaf Street, walking side by side, their steps were executed so perfectly that they seemed to be gliding, like two ghosts...two ghosts, on a mission.

 

 

The younger (and shorter) of the two took long strides on the concrete of the newly paved sidewalk. He wore an impassive expression as his ebony eyes scanned the houses while he continued towards his destination. Inky hair hung loosely near his face while the back of it brushed up resembling the ruffled feathered behind of a duck. He (along with his companion) dressed in all black, and the color suited him well. His pale skin seemed to glow under the slowly rising moon which seemed to accentuate his every step. If one were to closely examine the brooding male they wouldn't have missed the black semi-automatic tucked in the waistband of his jeans.

 

 

He was an assassin.

 

 

His name...Uchiha Sasuke.

 

 

Codename:DEATH

 

 

Though, most people would have felt uncomfortable walking next to a quiet male dressed in all black while carrying a semi-automatic, the person next to him didn't even spare him a glance, for he was much more stoic than any person could ever imagine. Unlike Sasuke, he didn't scan the area with his eyes, they looked straight ahead. His arms hung down loosely at his sides, swinging to and fro as the breeze blew the front of his long raven hair, the back was pulled into a loose ponytail. His skin was the same color as his companion's, and his nails were freshly painted...black of course. He was the elder of the two by four years and his face held maturity, wisdom, and if one looked close enough, a hidden arrogance. Due to a birth defect, his eyes, which would probably had more than likely been black, were redder than the flames of hell. Similar to the younger, a gun sat tucked away at his hip, but he carried a double action revolver. The reason why...You didn't want to know.

 

 

He was also an assassin.

 

 

His name...Uchiha Itachi.

 

 

Codename: THE DEVIL

 

 

Walking through a large glass door the pair finally reached their destination. After a few more steps, Sasuke waited as Itachi unlocked the door to a two bedroom apartment. He followed Itachi inside, and kicked the door shut. It wasn't their home. Hell, the apartment wasn't even rented out in their name. It simply added to their cover. No one would ever suspect them. That's the way it's always been...that's the way it would always be. Itachi made his way to the slightly worn sofa and sat down quietly. Sasuke stood next to him waiting somewhat anxiously for Itachi to pull out their new "assignments."

 

 

"Can't you move faster than that, aniki?" I have stuff to do you lazy, jerk.

 

 

"Calm yourself, otouto." Forever impatient. That is why you always screw up.

 

 

They were brothers, together...

 

 

...Codename: DESPAIR

 

 

They're both beautiful, indeed

A pair to be admired

 

Cross them if you dare

The consequences will be dire

 

For the last thing you'll see

Will be eyes, black and red

 

That will stare into your soul

While a bullet meets your head

 

 

 

There were two folders lying on the table in front of them that contained information on two different people...targets. Itachi took the first folder and read through the stacks of paper. The folder contained all the information that he would need to pull of this hit, this final hit. He didn't care to read about the target's age, family status or personal identification number, that stuff was a waste of time, he would only look to that if he ran out of options. What he found much more interesting, was reading about the actual person, their likes, dislikes, favorite restaurant, current job, previous jobs, favorite hangouts, this was the information that would help him track the target down. Usually, they had an address to go by, but this guy (and the other target as well) was smart. There was no listed addresses, and that is part of the reason why his boss hired he, and his little brother, to do this particular job. For during the past year, the "boss" had sent six men to assassinate these two guys, and he never heard from the six men again. He slipped out the photo of the target, looked it over, and handed it to his brother who was reading over the other folder. Itachi closed his eyes and rested his head against the high back of the sofa.

 

 

Our last hit...well, our last two hits, and we will finally be done with this.

 

 

Itachi didn't have anything against killing, but then again, all the men he had ever killed were trying to kill him as well. He was just fortunate, and skilled, enough to get to them first. The same went for his younger brother. However, these two targets were not trying to kill anyone. They just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time, and worst of all, they saw the wrong person, for Orochimaru didn't have a single forgiving bone in his body. He wanted those two dead, and he always got what he wanted.

 

 

Sasuke didn't even bother to look at the stacks of paper in his folder. He didn't want to know their names or anything else about them. All he needed was to see their face. He would memorize their face, and when he saw them he would kill them. It was just...easier that way. Sometimes he would give them other names, like mouse or worm, to make communication with his brother easier. Itachi knew that Sasuke didn't want to use their real names, and he agreed to giving their targets codenames as well. He held out the two photos of their targets. Itachi's target was a pale male with eyes as white as winter snow. His long brunette hair hung around him like a dark curtain. The expression on his face was truly unreadable, but there was something about the man. Something that made Sasuke think that he was not a target to be taken over easily. He looked clever, and he looked dangerous. Sasuke let the image of the rare eyed man sink into his mind. He lost a battle within himself and leaned over Itachi to find the name of the target. Sasuke looked at the photo one last time before switching to the next.

 

 

Itachi's target's name was Hyuuga Neji.

 

 

Codename: MOON

 

 

Sasuke's eyes widened slightly at the wild, spiky, messy blonde hair and piercing blue eyes of the second target. There were three whisker-like marks on each of his cheeks, though Sasuke was sure that even if he hadn't had the distiguishing marks, he would still be able to recognize this guy the moment he saw him. For a second he wondered what the two guys had done to make Orochimaru want them wiped off the face of the planet. He continued to stare at the picture of the blonde man. He felt drawn to it. Almost like the blonde was calling out to him, but that...was just plain stupid. Just like with the other, he read through his folder to find the name of the blue eyed man. He nodded his head slowly, letting the information sink in. He would assassinate this male, and Itachi would the other, and then they would be done.

 

 

Done with it all.

 

 

He put both photos in his folder and tossed the folder on the table. The photo of the blonde slid out. Sasuke glared at the picture for a moment before bending down to shove it back in the folder. He walked over to the bathroom door and began to undress, but not before pulling out his gun and holding it in his right hand. It went everywhere with him, that included the bathroom. With a bit of maneuvering he was completely stripped of his clothes, they lay at the foot of the bathroom door waiting to be neatly folded after his return from the much needed shower he was about to enjoy. He glanced over at Itachi and that damned blonde's photo caught his eye again. Sasuke scowled at the photo. How the hell does it keep coming out?

 

 

Sasuke's target's name was Uzumaki Naruto.

 

 

Codename: SUN

 

 

"Shower."

 

 

Eyes still closed, Itachi nodded. It was getting late, and they had to be up early in the morning to track down the two targets. Just like the first, the second target had no know address. According to information from Orochimaru's right hand man Kabuto, the brunette and the blonde were best friends, and that explained a lot. He sighed softly when he heard the bathroom door close. For the first time ever, Itachi had a bad feeling about their "assignment." But, he was an Uchiha, and Uchiha's got the job done.

 

 

By any means necessary.

 

So close your eyes and it'll be quick

Though, quite harsh and unfair

 

Moon and Sun...

...Meet Death and The Devil

 

Codename: (simply) DESPAIR

***

 

A man who looked to be in his twenties (twenty-one, actually) lay on a black leather sofa. His long brunette locks cascaded down his back as a black laptop sat open on his lap. White eyes read the screen of the portable computer, while pale ears tried to tune out the sound of his best friend gobbling down piles of instant ramen. The man appeared to be relaxed, but looks can be deceiving, because this man was anything but relaxed. He was tense, but who wouldn't be when in the course of a year you had six different men trying to blow your head off? No one would be relaxed at that. No one, that is, but his best friend. Not a care in the world.

 

 

"Oi. Neji is it still there?"

 

 

"Yes, it is still there. Unmoved. Unaltered. Perhaps that is a good sign."

 

 

"Yeah. That's a good sign. I hope it stays that way with Kakashi out of town for the week. It's been a few months now, maybe he can't find us."

 

 

"One can never be to sure, Naruto."

 

 

A blonde haired, blue eyed man, twenty years of age, tossed his empty ramen bowl in the trash. He stood up with a yawn. It was getting late and he and Neji had work to go to work in the morning. They had to behave the same way they normally would, regardless of the 32 million dollars they came in to...stole.

 

 

No, they didn't out right still it. They happened upon files and codes that were not supposed to be on a computer at work, within the files, were accounts labeled simply under the name "Snake." Naruto wasn't going to bother the files, but Neji wanted to investigate them. Neji was a lot of things, but more than anything he was a genius who knew his way around any computer, any file, any code, anything. He spent a week researching the information, gaining passwords, and pin numbers. Naruto didn't have a clue of what Neji was doing. His job was to keep the office happy and laughing and he did his job well, distracting everyone from Neji. A week later Neji had all the information he needed, he saved the files to his own laptop and deleted them from their previous spot so not a trace of information would show up on any of the work computers. One night about a year ago, Neji and Naruto were about to get off of work when they heard and argument in a nearby ally. They couldn't hear the entire argument, but a few choice words rang out through the darkness, words such as, steal, theif, money, spy, and snake. Neji had ushered Naruto to stand behind him as he listened. It was something about a "snake" having a spy steal money from their job. When the spy went to retrieve the stolen money, the file (and all its information) was gone. Neji and Naruto didn't expect the two gun shots that were fired nor did they expect to hear from their dead boss's body hitting the ground. A pair of snake-like eyes met white and blue before the two dashed off, running for their lives.

 

 

Which is what they were still doing.

 

 

The "snake" had sent people to kill them on several different occassions, but thanks to Naruto's friend Kakashi, these assassians met their own death, before they could lay a hand on either of them. Neji and Naruto had moved several times, trying to confuse the snake and so far it seemed to be working. At least that is what they hoped. It seemed that their deceased boss, and the snake were both up to no good, and the money was drug money. Neji wanted to report it to the authorities, but Naruto and Kakashi talked him out of it. It would just land them into a world of trouble. So, their plan was to take the money and flee, but they had to wait for the perfect time, and with Kakashi away, now was anything but the perfect time.

 

 

"I'm going to bed, Neji." Naruto yawned. He gave a two finger salute to his quiet friend before padding across the living room floor into his bedroom, cursing loudly when he stubbed his toe on whatever random item that was littering his floor.

 

 

Neji smirked. Serves him right for not cleaning that filthy room of his. With a sigh, he shut off his laptop and stood up, making his way to his own bedroom. He had a strange feeling. A feeling that he couldn't shake. He should have been used to it, but this feeling was different from the others. He and Naruto were in trouble. I can sense it. He lay in his bed waiting for sleep to take him. It took hours for that to happen, and when he finally did sleep...

 

 

...he kept one eye open.

 

 

They're both beautiful, indeed

A pair to be admired

 

Cross them if you dare

The consequences will be dire

 

For the last thing you'll see

Will be eyes, black and red

 

That will stare into your soul

While a bullet meets your head

 

So close your eyes and it'll be quick

Though, quite harsh and unfair

 

Moon and Sun...

...Meet Death and The Devil

 

Codename: (simply) DESPAIR

 

 

As you can see Neji won! I hope you liked the first chapter. Please Review. This will be a long story (I think). In case you are wondering what inspired me, it was the above poem, which I made up while waiting for my son to get off of his school bus! LOL!

Pairings will be Sasu/Naru and Ita/Neji.