TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Last of the Gekido by creepygothbunny

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The ninja academy of Konoha had always been a place where young children would go to learn important ninja techniques. Throughout time, the academy had produced many powerful shinobi, including the Fourth Hokage. Today, however, a new teacher was being introduced to the facility.

~*~


A tall man was walking down the hallway of the ninja academy. He had brown hair, which was tied up on the top, and black eyes. Running across the bridge of his nose was a scar. Like many shinobi, he wore his hitai-ate on his forehead. Along with that, he wore a green chuunin vest, under which was a blue shirt that matched his blue sweatpants. In his hand was a clipboard.

Eventually, the man stopped at a door in the hallway. Well, this must be it, the man thought, as he pulled open the door.

Stepping through, he found himself in a large classroom. At the front of the room was a desk, behind which was a blackboard. In front of the desk were several smaller desks, about thirty in number.

The man walked over to the main desk and placed his clipboard on it, then looked around the room. He smiled to himself as he recalled how he had come to be in the room in the first place.

~*~


The Sandaime sat at his desk, taking a short break from paperwork to observe te village of Konohagakure. He heard a knock at the door.

"Enter," he said, turning around. The door opened, revealing Gekkou Hayate.

"Hokage-sama," Gekkou began. "Umino Iruka has arrived, as you requested."

"Excellent," The Hokage replied, smiling. "Send him in."

Gekkou nodded, and vanished back into the hallway. A few seconds later, he returned, Umino Iruka walking behind him.

"You wanted to see me, Hokage-sama?" Iruka asked as Gekkou walked out of the room.

The Hokage nodded. "Yes. Recently, you applied for a teaching position at the shinobi academy. Is that correct?"

"Hai, Hokage-sama," Iruka replied.

The Sandaime smiled. "Well, I am pleased to say that you have recieved the position."

Iruka beamed. He had always wanted to help mold the future shinobi of Konoha.

"However," The Hokage continued, his smile fading. "There are a few things I must discuss with you first."

Iruka's smile faltered.

"First, unlike most academy classes, you will be teaching twenty-eight students, rather than the standard twenty-seven. This is alright with you, I hope?"

Iruka nodded, smiling. Sarutobi continued. "Second, two of your students will be from the Hyuuga household. They will be entering this last year at the academy late, as the were home-schooled by Hiashi up until this point. He has only allowed them to attend this year because they need to experience this year at the academy in order to take the graduation exams in order to become shinobi."

"How is that a problem, Hokage-sama?" Iruka asked curiously.

The Hokage smiled. "Well, they haven't been exposed to culture their entire lives, due to Hiashi's overprotective nature. As a result, it is rather predictable that their people skills will be quite.... poor, for lack of a better term. If they have a hard time working with the others, then don't be too hard on them."

Iruka smiled, and nodded his head to show that he understood. "Is that all, Hokage-sama?"

The Sandaime's smile vanished. "No, that isn't. There is one more matter that I must dicuss with you...... The most important of all. You see, one of your students will be Uzumaki Naruto."

The smile on Iruka's face disappeared as well. This was rather unexpected.

"Please, Iruka, I know what the fox did to your parents, but I beg you, don't take out your hatred on the boy. Although I know I can't stop you from treating the boy however you want in the classroom, please, treat him as you would the other students."


~*~


Iruka frowned as he looked back on that day. Personally, he didn't hold a grudge against Naruto, but it was understandable as to why the Sandaime would get that idea. Uzumaki Naruto was treated like trash by everyone in the village. Obviously, the Hokage assumed that Iruka would behave in a similar manner. With this thought, Iruka chuckled to himself softly.

Iruka's thoughts were halted by the ringing of a bell. And so it begins... Iruka thought to himself, seating himself at the desk.

Soon, the doors into the classroom opened, and several children walked in. They all filed into the room and took a seat at the other, smaller desks. the all watched Iruka carefully, as if sizing him up.

As soon as everyone had sat down, Iruka stood up and glanced around the room.

"Ohayo, students. Welcome to a new year at the shinobi academy. For this year, I shall be teaching. My name is Umino Iruka.

"Now, before we begin, I want to make you aware of a few ground rules I've set. First, I will not tolerate any trouble caused by any of you. Second, I will treat you all with respect, so I ask that you treat me the same. Finally, I want you all to be polite with each other. You don't all have to get along, but you must at the very least learn to be civil with each other.

"Now, I will take role call. I hope to learn a bit about all of you, so when I call your name, stand up, introduce yourself to the class, and tell us something about yourself.

"First, Nara Shikamaru." Iruka looked up and waited for Shikamaru to stand, but no one stood up. Out of the corner of his eye, Iruka saw a boy whose hair was rather similar to his own lying face-down on his desk.

"You, are you Nara Shikamaru?" Iruka asked, walking over to the boy. The boy gave no response.

"Are you listening to me? I'll repeat, are you Nara Shikamaru?" Iruka asked, starting to get a little irritated.

The boy didn't move, but instead gave a loud snore. Iruka slapped his hand to his forehead. He then placed the hand onto the boy's shoulder and shook him. The boy's eyes opened slowly and he looked up at Iruka, straining his eyes against the light.

"Are you Nara Shikamaru?" Iruka asked, his mouth pulled into a thin line.

The boy blinked, then yawned. "Mendokse.... Yeah, it is. Who are you?"

"I am your new teacher, Shikamaru, and I'm going to warn you now, I don't exactly like it when students fall asleep in class, so I would be more alert if I were you." And with that, Iruka walked back over to his desk.

"Mendokse..." Shikamaru muttered, stretching his arms over his head.

Iruka went on calling out the other students. He tried to remember what he learned about them.

Inuzuka Kiba. Has a very boastful personality.

Yamanaka Ino. Rather agressive, but otherwise easy to get along with.

Uchiha Sasuke. Doesn't speak much, but I wouldn't either if my clan was slaughtered by my older brother.


Iruka continued down the list until he spotted one name he was very familiar with.

"Uzumaki Naruto?" Iruka asked, looking up.

"I'm here..." came the reply. Following the sound of the voice, Iruka saw a boy standing up in the corner. He was wearing a tan shirt with a red spiral on it, along with a pair of light blue shorts. His face didn't show any emotion, but Iruka couldn't help but notice that Naruto's eyes were filled with sadness. He also couldn't help and notice that no one was sitting anywhere near Naruto.

Iruka didn't say anything for a few seconds, staring at Naruto. He then returned to the list. there were only two more names on it.

"Hyuuga Hinata?" Iruka said, looking around the room. No one stood up. Iruka waited another minute, then went on.

"Gekido Yoro?" Iruka continued, looking up again. Once more, no one stood up. Iruka waited a little longer, then set the list down.

"Alright then, that takes care of attendance. Now, I thought I'd start today with a lesson on-"

Iruka was cut off, however, in the form of the classroom door bursting open.

"Shit, looks like we're late. Come on, Imoutosan!" A boy of about eleven burst into the room.

The boy's hair was shoulder length, and black in color. His skin was rather pale, making it seem like he was shining in the light of the room. His eyes were grey. In terms of clothing, the boy was rather heavyily clad in black. He wore black sweatpants that seemed little baggy on him, but that didn't matter much due to the fact that they were held up by a white belt. He also wore a black shirt, with a white crescent moon on the front. The left sleeve of the shirt went down to his wrist, while the other reached his elbow. On the left arm, the boy wore a white armband, with a red crescent moon on it. The boy's right arm had a black wristband, and the revealed part of the arm's skin was covered in fishnets.

The boy was followed by a girl. The girl's skin was pale as well, although perhaps not to the same degree as the boy's. She had black hair as well, only it was much shorter in length. Her eyes were pale rather than grey. She also wore black sweatpants, only they fit her, and she didn't need a belt to hold them up. She also wore a black shirt, unadorned with any type of decoration.

Both walked up to Iruka and bowed before. The boy spoke.

"I apologize for being late, sensei, but our father was busy speaking with us about this year at the academy." The boy raised his head and gestured to himself and the girl. "My name is Gekido Yoro, and this is my sister, Hyuuga Hinata."

Iruka was about to lecture the two for their lateness, but recalled the Hokage's words. So, instead, he smiled softly, and nodded. "Alright, you two may take you seats. However, I would like to ask that you two try not to be late again."

The two bowed once more, and went among the other students. Hinata didn't recieve as much attention as Yoro, however. As he walked past the other students, Iruka could very audibly hear them muttering.

"So that's the guy adopted by the Hyuuga, huh?"

"He doesn't look so tough."

"I bet he thinks he's special or something."

"Probably just another rich, spoiled kid Sasuke."

"Actually, I think he's kind of cute."

"Looks aren't everything, remember. He's probably a real jerk."

Yoro didn't seem to notice the chatter of the students, and he walked to the very back of the room. He grabbed a chair and sat down. Everyone's faces became blank of emotion.

Gekido Yoro had just sat down next to the least popular person in all of Konoha. Yoro had sat down next to Uzumaki Naruto.

~*~


Uzumaki Naruto had entered the classroom that day witht he same attitude as normal. He had woken up, eaten a bowl of ramen, then went out the door to go to the academy.

As usual, he had walked to the building, with several people giving him cruel looks. He didn't know why, but no one in the village seemed to like him. More than that, everyone seemed to hate him. Naruto never did understand why. He had grown used to the treatment over the past few years. Of course, that still didn't mean that it didn't hurt.

People also seemed to fear the fact of Naruto becoming a shinobi. It was not uncommon for people to try and slow him down whenever he was traveling to the academy. One time, someone went as far as to break his right leg. He had gone to the hospital to see if he could get it fixed, but the workers there refused to heal him. Distraught, Naruto had missed about a month of the academy, and, as a result, had fallen far behind the rest of the class.

That morning had been as bad as usual. People trying to trip him, "accidently" knocking him to the ground, and "dropping" sharp objects over top of him from windows.

However, years of torment had not only made Naruto resilient to pain, but also agile. Therefore, he had been able to reach the academy that morning without too much damage done to his body.

As per usual, he had sat outside the academy, taking his usual perch in a swing underneath a large oak tree. Naruto had sighed. It was going to be his third year at the academy. This would also be his last year, provided he could pass the exams. Of course, he had failed once before, so his hopes weren't high.

When the bell rang, Naruto had entered the building along with everyone else, traversing the halls until he had reached his classroom. Once he had entered, he had taken a seat in the very back of the classroom. He was not surprised when no one sat with him, but it was still painful when he realized that he would be going through yet another year without anyone to talk to.

As the teacher, Iruka, took role call, Naruto looked around at the people in his class. There were a few new faces, and a few old faces. He recognized Nara Shikamaru, Akamichi Chouji, and Uchiha Sasuke, but other than those three, he didn't have a clue as to who else was in the class.

Not that it matters, of course, Naruto thought bitterly. It's not like anyone is ever going to talk to me.

When Iruka called Naruto's name, Naruto noticed that the man looked at him longer than he did anyone else. It was long enough to get a good look at the man's face as well. His face didn't show any emotion, but.... Was that possibly sadness in his eyes?

There was then a distraction in the form of the door slamming open.

A boy with dark hair came running into the room, followed by a rather pale girl with slightly lighter hair. Naruto raised his head slightly. He had never seen either of them before.

"Shit, looks like we're late! Come on, Imoutosan!" The boy shouted, rushing to Iruka's desk. After excusing himself with Iruka, the boy and his sister both turned to join the class.

Naruto put his head back down on his desk. Then, he heard the sound of a chair scraping the floor next to him. He looked up to see the boy, sitting down. The boy glanced at Naruto.

"Oh, I'm sorry. You don't mind if I sit here, do you?" He asked Naruto, cocking his head to the side.

Naruto shook his head, trying to contain his excitement. Never had anyone decided to sit anywhere near him. And yet, this boy had chosen to sit next to Naruto. Maybe, just maybe....

Suddenly, Naruto had noticed that the room had gone very quiet. He looked out towards the room and noticed that everyone was staring at him and the boy.

"What!?" The boy asked. "Did I do something"

The class turned their attention away from the two, although this action seemed rather forced. Naruto was about to put his head back down on his desk again when he felt a tapping on his shoulder. He turned to see the boy looking at him.

"Hey, you have any idea what that was about?" The boy asked, jerking his head towards the rest of the class. Naruto looked at his desk.

"It's probably because you sat next to me," Naruto said sadly, avoiding Yoro's gaze.

The boy gave a small laugh. "What, you got a disease or something? I doubt sitting next to you will kill me."

Naruto looked up to see the boy smiling at him. Naruto gave a weak smile of his own.

"Oh, I'm being rather rude. I haven't introduced myself yet!" Yoro said, frowning, as though the idea of such an act was punishable.

"My name is Gekido Yoro," the boy said, extending his hand.

Naruto stared at the hand. He glanced at Yoro's face to see that the boy was still smilng.

Does he really want to be friends with me? Naruto thought to himself. Naruto began to reach out for Yoro's hand, then hesitated. It had to be some kind of trick. No one would ever be so friendly towards him.

"Hey, is something wrong?" Yoro asked, his smile faltering.

Naruto sighed. "Well, it's just that no one has ever been so polite with me before," Naruto said, staring intently at the floor.

Yoro was quiet for a minute. Then, he said, "Well, maybe the people you know are just pricks."

Naruto looked up to see Yoro smiling again. He then glanced at the extended hand again.

"Oh, what? It's not going to jump up and bite you," Yoro said, raising an eyebrow.

Naruto hesitated again, but only for a second. He then grasped Yoro's hand and shook it. "I'm Uzumaki Naruto," The boy stated, smiling.

Yoro smiled, then looked towards the front of the class as the teacher began his introduction to the lesson.

"Now, I know that you have already worked with the Transformation Technique and the Basic Cloning Technique," Iruka said, standing up. "But today, I figured we'd do something more practical. If you all will line up, we'll be heading outside."

Everyone stood up, muttering. Naruto glanced at Yoro who was groaning.

"Man, thig had better not be what I think it is...." Yoro muttered, frowning.

~*~


Outside, the students stood in a line against the southern wall of the academy. Yoro stood next to Naruto, muttering darkly.

"Man, if this is what I think it is, then I'm leaving," Yoro stated to himself, frowning. "I've already done this loads of times, I don't see why I'll have to do it again."

Yoro continued on in this vein for a while when he felt a tap on his shoulder. Glancing around, Yoro saw Naruto staring at him.

"Um, what are you so pissed off about?" Naruto asked, frowning.

Yoro shook his head. "Sorry, It's just that-"

Yoro was interuppted by another, slightly stronger tap on his shoulder. He turned to see a raven haired boy standing in fornt of him, with black eyes and a blue shirt on. He wore a pair of tan shorts, and his feet were adoorned with sandals.

"Why are you talking to this loser?" The boy asked, smirking. "You shouldn't be wasting your time on him."

Yoro glanced at Naruto to see him staring at the ground. His face wasn't visible, but Yoro was sure that the boy was close to crying.

"If you want to get to know the really important people, I can be of some help there. I'm Uchiha Sasuke. And here I am offering my hand in friendship." Sasuke thust his hand out, waiting for Yoro to take it.

"And here I am, rejecting it," Yoro growled, glaring at the boy. Sasuke's face became blank.

"You remind me way too much of someone I know, Uchiha. Some one I hate," Yoro said, glaring at Sasuke. "Perhaps you don't think he matters, but I do. So how about you shut the hell up and get out of here?"

Sasuke glared at Yoro. "In time, you'll come to regret that choice," He said scathingly.

Yoro snorted. "Hey, guess what? I don't regret it now!"

"Whatever," Sasuke muttered, turning around and walking towards the other end of the line. "I'll be seeing you around, loser."

Yoro glared at Sasuke's back as it became more distant. Yoro whistled.

"Man, what an ass! I'll be shocked if he has any friends! I mean, I haven't seen anyone with his foot shoved so far up his ass since my cousin Neji!" Yoro ranted. His mood lightened when he heard a chuckling behind him. He turned to see Naruto with his hands at his mouth, trying to stifle his laughter.

Yoro grinned. "I see that we seem to have similar ideas about Sasuke-teme," Yoro said, jerking his head towards the Uchiha.

Naruto returned the grinned. "I never thought I'd see someone who disliked Sasuke as much as I do."

Yoro frowned. "Why not? The guys an ass! There should be loads of people who hate him!"

Naruto shrugged. "Hey, you can't control other people's opinions of each other."

Their conversation was interuppted by Iruka clearing his throat. The class turned to face him.

"Alright class, today, I'm going to teach you about chakra control."

The class began to mutter amongst themselves excitedly. All of them, that is, save for Yoro.

"God damn it! I knew it," Yoro sputtered angrily.

"Now, what I want you to do is try and use your chakra to climb these trees," Iruka said, indicating the forest behind him.

"Now, with the techniques you have learned in the past, you had to distibute chakra evenyl throughout your body to the best of your ability. With this exercise, you need to focus your chakra into your feet. Then, push your feet against the tree and climb up it, without using your hands, as far as you can go.

"Now, the idea of this exercise is meant to help you control your chakra more efficiently. Of course, I don't expect any of you to pull this off right away, but I will admit that I won't be surprised if one or two of you can pull ot off as well.

"Now, how about you all get started?" Iruka, said, indicating the trees. The students walked towards the forest, each boasting about how quickly they would be able to pull off the exercise. Yoro walked up to one tree in the forest. Naruto stood next to him, muttering to himself.

"Hey, Naruto, you gonna need any help?" Yoro asked, glancing at him.

Naruto shook his head. "Nah, I'll do this on my own. I won't become a strong ninja if I don't do anything on my own."

Yoro shrugged. "Fair enough. I'll see you later, then."

Naruto nodded and walked off to another tree. Yoro glanced at his tree. You've gotta be kidding me, he thought to himself. Hiashi no Danna said that this place would probably be challenging, but I already know how to climb trees using my chakra.

Yoro gave a sigh and walked towards the tree. He raised his leg and placed his foot against the trunk. He then raised his other leg, bringing his other foot to rest on the trunk. He then, very calmly, very slowly, walked up the tree, not pausing for even a second. As soon as he reached the top, he turned around and surveyed his classmates. Many of them were looking at him with envious looks on their faces. Yoro noticed that Sasuke Uchiha was glaring at him, as if he thought that Yoro had cheated somehow.

Yoro walked back down the tree and stared at Iruka. "Got anything harder?"

Iruka smiled. "Well, I'm afraid not. How about you just sit out the rest of the class? Or, if you want, you can help out everyone else."

Yoro glanced at the rest of the class and saw, with a wmall jolt of pleasure, that Uchiha Sasuke was struggling with the exercise. Naruto, on the other hand, wasn't doing too badly: he was able to make it up the tree a couple of paces, but that was as far as he could go.

"No thanks, Iruka-sensei," Yoro said, smiling. "Im sure that they can figure it out without me."

Iruka smiled. "Alright, you can go ahead and sit over there. Haruno Sakura has completed the exercise as well, so you'll at elast have somebody to talk to."

Yoro thanked Iruka and walked over to the bench he had indicated. Sitting on the bench was a pink-haired girl with a red ribbon in her hair. She wore a red dress, adorned with white lining band had a large slit on either side. Visible through the slits, she wore a pair of blue shorts. She looked up as Yoro approached.

"Oh, hi," She said, smiling slightly. "You finish too?"

Yoro nodded. "Yep. You don't mind if I sit down, do you?" Yoro asked, indicating the seat next to Sakura. She shook her head.

Yoro sat down. Well, it would be polite to talk about something... Yoro poked around for a subject, and finally settled on one.

"So, have you worked with chakra control before?" Yoro asked, looking at Sakura.

Sakura nodded. "Yeah. I'm the first person in my family to become a shinobi, so I decided to do a bit of studying to help me better prepare for the academy. I also trained my chakra control so that I could better handle the techniques we would learn, so that's why I'm done with this exercise already."

Yoro smiled. "Well, I'm sure you haven't had any trouble mastering any of those techniques, then."

"Oh, not too much, although I was stuck on the Clone Technique for a while. But, I got the handle of it eventually. So, what about you? Where did you learn chakra control?" Sakura asked curiously.

"My father," Yoro stated, rolling his eyes. "He's totally obsessed with making sure the clan is full of powerful shinobi, so he started training my sister and I since we were six. Mind you, he wasn't always so strict."

"Well, what happened?" Sakura asked.

"It's.... A long story, one that I don't want to delve too much into right now." Yoro stated.

Sakura nodded. "Hey, if your sister has as much experience as you do in chakra control, why isn't she done yet?"

Yoro frowned. "Well, she has a problem in front of large groups of people. Hinata can do pretty well with her training on her own or with a couple of other people, but she has trouble when it comes to large groups of people."

Sakura nodded. She looked out at the rest of the class. "So, what's the deal with you and Naruto?"

Yoro shrugged. "I mainly sat down next to him due to the fact that he was the only person in the class I could see who wasn't muttering about me."

Sakura laughed. "Well, he's not always so quiet, really. Normally, you can't get him to shut up. I'm not sure what's with him today."

Yoro shrugged. "Well, I'm sure it's his business. It wouldn't be polite to intrude."

"That's true...." Sakura said. The two sat there for a while, chatting with each other.

Apparently, Sakura was the most intelligent person in the class. Unfortunatly, she was always too focused on studying to get any work done on physical training.

Yoro also learned that her parents weren't often home, as they both were often busy. As a result, they were often very protective of Sakura.

Soon, the bell rang again, signaling lunch. Iruka called everyone over to him.

"Alright class, today went better than I thought. Know, I'm sure you're all tired, so go ahead and get some lunch in you. We'll meet back in the classroom in an hour." And with that, Iruka dismissed the class with a wave of his hand.

Naruto walked up to Yoro, grinning. "Well, I didn't make it all the way up, but I think I did pretty well," Naruto boasted, grinning.

"You seem to be in a better mood," Yoro said, smiling.

Naruto's grin widened. "Yeah, training usually help distract me."

Yoro shrugged. "Hey, let's go find something to eat, shall we?"

Naruto grinned. "Alright! I'm feeling like getting some ramen!"

Yoro frowned. "I've never had that. Is it any good?"

Naruto gaped at Yoro. "You've enver had ramen!? What do they feed you at your place?"

Yoro put his hand to his chin in thought. "Well, I usually drink tea, but we often eat several types of cooked meats, breads, and other such things."

Naruto continued to stare at Yoro. "Alright, we have to get you some ramen. I'm just glad I packed an extra container!"

And with that, Naruto pulled a container out of the bag on his back and handed it to Yoro. "It won't be as good cold, but it's still good."

Yoro eyed the container. "This thing is past it's experation date, Naruto."

"Yeah, well, the taste tends to become stronger if you age it." Naruto said, grinning.

Yoro eyed the container suspiciously. "Alright, I'll give it a shot, but I won't guaruntee that I'll like."

"As long as you at least try it!" Naruto exclaimed.

"Alright, well, let's go find a place to sit." Yoro turned and motioned for Naruto to follow him. The two walked off when Yoro spotted Sakura.

"Hey, Sakura-san!" Yoro shouted. Sakura turned towards him. "You wanna come eat with us?"

Sakura smiled, and shouted back, "Sorry, but I promised I'd eat with Ino. Maybe some other time."

"Alright, see you later then!" Yoro shouted back as Sakura walked up to a blonde haired girl.

Naruto stared at Yoro. "How do you know Sakura-chan?" He asked.

"Oh, yeah, I'll tell you about it while we walk." And with that, Yoro walked towards the front wall of the academy, talking to Naruto.

~*~


"So, you two just talked?" Naruto asked as the two took their seats in the classroom.

"For the umpteenth time, yes, Naruto," Yoro said, his eye starting to twitch.

"You two didn't make out or anything?" Naruto asked.

Yoro's eye twitched. "Naruto, please stop asking such questions."

Naruto shrugged. "I'm only curious."

"Well, nothing happened, aside from a conversation, okay?" Yoro said, staring intently at Naruto.

"Alright, don't get snappy." Naruto said, raising his arms up in defense.

The door at the front of the class opened, signaling the arrival of Iruka. He strode over to his desk, and faced the class.

"Alright, I'm going to give you all a quick review of what you've learned in past years. First, I'll be giving a quick review of the Transformation Technique. Naruto, you can go first."

Naruto shrugged and walked forward. He stood in front of Iruka.

"Alright, Naruto, I want you to take on the appearance of our Hokage."

Naruto formed his hands together into a seal.

"HENGE!" Naruto shouted, vanishing a a puff of smoke. When the smoke cleared, it was plain to see that whoever Naruto had turned into, it was not the Hokage.

Naruto broke the jutsu and placed his hand on the back of his head in embarassment. "Hold on, I was just kidding! I'll do it right this time, I swear!"

And with that, Naruto placed his hands together again.

"HENGE!" Once again, Naruto vanished into a cloud of smoke. And once again, it was plain to see that he was unsuccessful.

"Naruto," Iruka began frowning. "This is your third year at the academy. If you truly want to become a ninja, then I suggest you take your studies seriously."

Suddenly, there was a loud laugh from across the room. Yoro turned to see a boy with red markings on his cheeks and unkempt red hair laughing.

"You mean to tell me that this loser is in his third year at the academy and he still can't do a proper henge? Man, I've never seen anyone so pathetic." The boy continued to laugh, and was soon joined by most everyone else in the room. Naruto glared at the boy.

"Keep laughing, Kiba, because I don't need to pretend! Someday, I'm going to become the real Hokage!" Naruto shouted, a defiant look on his face.

Kiba laughed harder. "Oh man, that is just rich! You, Hokage? I'll tell you something, if you can become Hokage, then it'll be a cinch for me!" Kiba laughed even harder.

"You know," Yoro shouted, standing up. The room quieted. "Everyone has their weak points. It can't be helped. Naruto just sin't that great with henge, so what? It's not like it's that big a deal."

Kiba glared at Yoro. "Hey, who asked your opinion?"

Yoro cracked his neck. "Well, the way I see it, you have no right to mock anyone in this class."

Kiba growled and glared down at his desk.

"Oh, and by the way," Yoro said, causing Kiba to look back up at him. "You should really take a bath. You smell like wet dog."

There was silence in the room. Then, Kiba jumped up. "You bastard! You're gonna wish you hadn't said that!"

"ENOUGH!" Iruka shouted, cauing everyone to jump. "Kiba, Yoro both of you sit down now. I don't want any further disruptions from either of you!"

Kiba glared at Yoro as he sat down. Naruto walked back up to his seat.

"Hey, thanks for that," Naruto said, smiling softly.

"Hey, no problem," Yoro said, smiling back. "What are friends for?"

"Friends....." Naruto said quietly smiling to himself. This year at the academy was going to be better than he thought it would.

~*~


Y: And we are done with this chapter, the official chapter two. Next is chapter three!

N: Here's a look at what's going down next time!


Yoro jumped to his feet, loooking for the source of the blow. There was no one in sight, or so it seemed....

"Naruto, this is genjutsu!" Yoro shouted, running over to him. "Use your chakra to get out of here!"

Naruto, however, was not moving, lying face down on the ground.

"Naruto?" Yoro said hesitantly, rolling Naruto onto his back. He gasped.

Naruto's face wasn't there. Instead, there was a black void, filled only with a single, red eye, which had a slit for a pupil.

"I'm sorry to disappoint you, but the whelp isn't here right now." A deep voice echoed throughout the woods.

"You're not Naruto...." Yoro said, shaking. "Who the hell are you?"

"I am...." The voice began, but it trailed off as the area went hazy. Yoro blinked, and saw that he was back in the field. Naruto and Mizuki were no where in sight. Standing next to Yoro, however, was Iruka.

"Iruka-sensei, where's Naruto!?" Yoro asked, his eyes wide.

Iruka grabbed Yoro's shoulder firmly. "Yoro, you need to get out of here, it's way too dangerous for you."

"No way, not until I know Naruto is okay!" Yoro shouted, running for the trees.

"Yoro, wait!" Iruka shouted after him, but Yoro ignored him. All that mattered was saving Naruto.

Y: Interesting stuff indeed.

N: Please, read and review, dattebayo!

Y: We look forward to your ideas!