TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Last of the Gekido by creepygothbunny

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: The prologue is the same as it was originally, but I'm planning on adding a second prologue as the next chapter.

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or any of it's characters. They belong to Masashi Kishimoto.
It was the aftermath of the Kyuubi's vicious assualt on Konoha. The ninja of Konoha where working to rebuild their broken village. Little did any of them know that this would be a day that would mark a chain of many important events in the future.

"Man, what a mess." A silver haired ninja was looking at the chaos surrounding him.

"Well, there would have been less of a mess if you had actually showed up early for once, Kakashi." A brown-haired man was staring at him with a frown. Kakashi could deal with the mouth, but the blank eyes really freaked him out.

"Ah, well, you see, I was on my here when this black cat walked acr-"

"Kakashi? Do you take me for a fool?" The man looked at Kakashi with contempt. "I'm the head of the Hyuuga clan, and it is not without reason. I'm not foolish enough to fall for something as pathetic as that?"

"Well, can't blame a guy for trying, eh Hiashi?" Kakashi gave a small shrug, while Hiashi sighed.

"Kakashi, can't you be serious for once? You are always too... careless."

"Listen, Hiashi. I'm not trying to start any problems. How about we just get to work?" The silver-haired Jounin reached down and started picking up peices of wood. Hiashi sighed. Kakashi was always late for everything. However, Hiashi held no grudge against Hatake Kakashi. Although no one could call them friends, they still got along well, and would spar on occasion. The two had a good respect for each other, even if they did irritate each other on occasion.

Kakashi and Hiashi continued to work for what seemed like hours. The sun was starting to head towards the horizon. Hiashi removed his hitai-ate to wipe sweat from his forehead. Then, as if from nowhere, a wolf walked into the clearing. It stared at Hiashi for a moment, as if trying to decide something. Suddenly, with startling speed, it rushed at Hiashi. Hiashi raised his arm to defend himself, but he wasn't the wolf's target. The wolf instead grabbed Hiashi's hitai-ate in it's mouth, and then ran off.

"Hey, get back here!" Hiashi shouted as he ran after the wolf.

"You say something Hiashi?" Kakashi said, emerging from a pile of wood, just in time to see Hiashi chasing after the wolf and sighed. Before returning to work, Kakashi muttered, "Slacker."

Hiashi wasn't paying attention to where he was going. All that seemed to matter was the wolf. It seemed to stop occasionally, as if it was trying to keep Hiashi from losing sight of it.

Finally it was starting to get dark when Hiashi saw the wolf stop. It dropped his hitai-ate in front of a demolished home and run off. Hiashi walked up to the headband and scowled. It was covered in all sorts of scartch marks. Hiashi decided to work really hard to remove the damage when he returned home. Hiashi turned to leave when he heard something. It sounded like a baby crying. Hiashi hesitated, then entered what remained of the house.

Hiashi stared at the room. The floor was covered in splintered wood and shattered glass. Hiashi carefully sidestepped these and continued towards the sound of the crying. He walked on, and found himself in a hallway. The door at the far end was ajar. Cautious, Hiashi walked towards the door. Once he reached it, he entered slowly. The room was empty, save for one thing. Lying in the center of the room was a bundle of blankets, from which the crying was coming from. Hiashi reached down and picked up the blankets and pulled back the topmost one. In the blankets was a baby, crying. Hiashi stroked the child's forehead.

"Sh, its okay. You're going to be okay." The child seemed to stop crying at these words and smiled up at Hiashi. Hiashi couldn't help it: He was smiling so widely that it probably wouldn't allow him to leave the room.

"Wow, Hiashi. I've never seen this side of you." Hiashi nearly jumped through the ceiling. Turning around, he saw Kakashi smiling at him.

"Kakashi, if you do that again, I swear that I will do things so horrible that I dare not speak of them!" This earned a smirk from Kakashi.

"You know, I always knew you were a sucker for children, Hiashi." Kakashi said jokingly. Hiashi only glared at him. "What? A guy can't take a joke?"

Hiashi sighed. "Well, we might as well find this child's family, right Kakashi?"

"Yeah, your right Hiashi." Kakashi moved from the doorway, allowing Hiashi to pass through. The two then proceeded towards the Hokage's office.

-----------------------------------------------------------

It was proving a very hard task indeed. Konoha was in ruin, and the Sandaime had agreed to take up position of Hokage once more. With the Yondaime's death, the people of Konoha needed a strong leader. The Sandaime sat down and began to go through the stack of paperwork he had set in front of him. He was interupted, however, by the opening of his office door.

Sarutobi looked up. "What is it, Hayate?"

Hayate looked somewhat nervous. "Um, Lord Hokage. Hatake Kakashi and Hyuuga Hiashi have arrived and wish to speak with you. Shall I permit them?"

Sarutobi smiled. "Yes, I'm sure I can spare some time for whatever they may want." Hayate nodded, and left the room. A few minutes later, Kakashi and Hiashi both entered the room.

"You two wished to see me, is that correct?" The Sandiame looked at Haishi and Kakashi with interest.

"Well, Lord Hokage," Hiashi began. "While doing our cleaning duties, we came across a baby. We thought that perhaps we could ask for your help in finding this child's parents."

Sarutobi sighed. "Do you think that the child is the only lost child we have found? Several children have already been brought here."

Hiashi looked nervous, then spoke up again. "But Lord Hokage, there is something you should know. There was a wolf that led me to this child."

Sarutobi seemed to perk up at this. "Wolf, did you say?"

Hiashi stared at the Hokage. "You know the identity of the child?"

"Indeed." Sarutobi stood up and looked out the window. "Tell me, have you ever heard of the Gekido clan?"

Hiashi frowned. "I can't say I have."

"I have, Lord Hokage." Kakashi stepped forward. "The Gekido clan kept many of their techniques a secret, although they were heavily affiliated with wolves."

Sarutobi smiled. "Yes. I believe that this child may be the last member of his clan."

Hiashi looked shocked. "What do you mean, the last member of his clan?"

Sarutobi sighed. "Among the bodies found after the Kyuubi's rampage, we found those of Gekido Kaji and his wife, Hikari."

"So, you mean that this child's parents are dead?" Hiashi looked down at the baby sleeping in his arms.

"Sadly yes. We will try to find a suitable family to raise the child, of course, so you-"

"I don't think you need to search, Lord Hokage." Hiashi cut off the Sandaime. "I'll care for the child."

Sarutobi stared at Hiashi. "Are you sure you wish to take this responsibility?"

Hiashi nodded. "Yes."

Sarutobi smiled. "Very well. I put the child in your care, Hiashi."

"Thank you, Lord Hokage." Hiashi bowed and left the room with Kakashi.

Once out of earshot, Kakashi clamped an arm on Hiashi's shoulder. "You big softie!"

"Stop it, Hatake!" Hiashi almost shouted. Kakashi grinned. Hiashi only refered to him as Hatake when he was ina particularly good mood.

"So, why did you do it?" Kakashi asked, raising an eyebrow.

Hiashi smiled and looked up at the night sky. "Do you believe in fate, Kakashi?" Kakashi looked thoughtful for a moment, then shook his head.

"I think that the wolf led me to this child for a reason. I think that I was meant to take care of this child. This probably sounds odd, doesn't it?"

"More like fortune telling to me. But hey, whatever floats your boat." Kakashi was quite for a moment, then asked Hiashi, "So, what will you name him?"

Hiashi looked thoughtful for a minute, then said, "I'll name him Gekido Yoro."

Kakashi smiled. "Yoro, huh? I think this kid will grow up to be pretty strong, don't you?"

Hiashi smiled. "Oh, you needn't worry about that. I'll make sure he does."

Hiashi bid Kakashi farewell, and headed toward his home with the child he was now in charge of. "Yes, Gekido Yoro, The last of his clan. You will be strong one day, I know it."