TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Like the Clouds, Like the Wind by _Kamikakushi

[Reviews - 4]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: I do not own Naruto... if I did, I'd put myself in the darn manga ^_^
But I DO own Tori. (:
"Uhh... slow down Naruto, you're going to choke if you keep eating like that." Iruka eyed his favorite student with a worry much like that of a mother's.

"S'okay Iruka-shenshei!!" said the hyperactive blonde through a mouthful of ramen. He swallowed and gave a foxy grin. "I've been through worse."

Iruka sighed. "Naruto, I have to go back to the Academy." He smiled and waved. "See you around!"

Naruto waved back enthusiastically. "Bye Iruka-sensei!!"

"Oi oi Naruto-- move over!"

"Geez, Chouji you just ate thirty minutes ago..."

Naruto turned to see Chouji and Shikamaru. He grinned. "Ohayou!"

Chouji sat down and yanked his best friend down next to him. "Ohayou, Naruto-kun! Three miso, please!" He added to Ayame, who was waiting for him to order.

Shikamaru propped his head on his hands, yawning. "Man, I'm tired--"

"SHIKA!! CHOUJI! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

All three boys cringed as they heard Ino's annoyingly loud voice.

"Eating again Chouji??" She rolled her eyes. Grabbing onto each boy's collar, she walked off, dragging the poor boys behind her. "Come on, Asuma-sensei's waiting."

"B-but, my ramen!!" Chouji whined.

"Troublesome girl..." muttered Shikamaru.

"Don't worry, Chouji!! I'll take care of it!" called Naruto. He turned back to the three freshly made bowls. A greedy look crossed his face and he quickly looked around. He picked up a pair of chopsticks, licking his lips. "ITDADAKIMASU!"

**

"OWWW! Get it off, get it off!!!!!"

Sakura rolled her eyes as Naruto struggled with the poor kitty.

"Ne ne, Sakura-chan, why do I always have to hold the missing cat!"

"Because, dobe, you're the only one stupid enough to volunteer." said Sasuke flatly.

"Ahh, Sasuke-kun's so smart!!" squealed Sakura as Naruto glared at him.

Naruto finally got the cat to settle down and stomped down the path, alternating between oggling Sakura and glowering at Sasuke. Stupid Sasuke-teme... why does he always have to be so cool... I'm going to beat you someday!!

There was a rustle overhead and Kakashi dropped down in front of the three. "There you are, I've been looking all over for you."

"What's up Kakashi-sensei?"

Kakashi pulled out a small scroll from inside his vest. "That missing cat is--" He spotted Naruto with the kitty. "Oh. I see you found it already."

"OF COURSE WE FOUND IT!! BELIEVE IT!"

"Shut up, dobe."

"Why you--"

Sakura slapped her hand over Naruto's mouth. "Sorry Kakashi-sensei."

"Ah, um, well..." Kakashi smiled apologetically, though no one could see it from underneath his mask. "It never did have to be found..."

"NANI!!" Naruto wildly dropped the cat. He pouted. "Mou, we did that mission for nothing?"

"Well at least it was only D-Rank..." Sakura smiled. "We haven't had a mission this easy since forever!!"

Kakashi nodded. "So... you're free for the day."

"YOSHI!" Naruto grinned happily and ran through the trees.

Sasuke "Hn"d and sulked off.

Sakura glanced curiously between the two boys and ran after Sasuke. "Wait for me Sasuke-kun!"

**

Sasuke shifted slightly in his spot on the tree branch. He had very few hobbies, but the thing he often did was sit in this tree and just watch people. It was one of rare things he took a bit of joy in, other than training.

"Oi neechan!" It was Naruto's loud voice.

Sasuke groaned. Now his precious people-watching would be interrupted by Naruto.

"OI OI!! NEECHAN!! Wait up!!"

Curious, the Uchiha heir peered through the leaves to see Naruto chasing after an unfamiliar girl. He frowned. Who is that? Is she from Konoha? He watched as the girl finally slowed down to let Naruto catch up with her.

The kitsune boy doubled over to catch his breath as the girl waited patiently.

"N-neechan... you're not from here are you?"

The girl said something Sasuke couldn't hear. He voice was too quiet.

Naruto suddenly straightened up, a gleeful look on his face. "Me? Uzumaki NARUTO!" He beamed widely, attemping to look heroic.

The girl smiled and asked something. She had long brown hair, pulled back and tied messily, and eyes that were green, but much darker than Sakura's. Her yukata was a pale beige with pinkish silk trim. Around her wasit was wide golden-brown sash bound by a purple cord and her hands were covered with fingerless black gloves. Sasuke squinted to try to see her forehead protector, but she wasn't wearing one. He wondered if she was even a shinobi.

"Eh? Tsunade-obaachan?" Naruto asked quizzically. He grinned. "YOSHI! Let's go!!"

He grabbed onto the girl's hand and sped towards the Hokage tower.

"Wait, Naruto-san!" Sasuke could finally make out her words. She had a soft voice, slightly low but with a hard edge. "You're going too fast!!"

Sasuke narrowed his eyes as he watched Naruto and the strange girl disappear into the building.

**

Tsunade smirked as she poured a cup of sake behind her desk. She brought the cup to her lips, intending to take a sip...

"Tsunade-sama! Tsunade-sama!!" Shizune threw open the door, surprising the Hokage.

Quickly hiding the sake bottle, Tsunade glared at the Jounin specialist. "Yeah, whaddya want?"

"Kotetsu-san said that he saw a girl pass through the North gates without giving her name--"

SLAM. The door flew open again, courtesy of Naruto, squashing poor Shizune between the wall and the door.

"TSUNADE-OBAACHAN!!" proclaimed the boy loudly, dragging a girl behind him. "Eh?" He pulled the door slightly, revealing a very flattened out Shizune. "Shizune-san... what are you doing behind the door??"

A vein twitched in Tsunade's forehead. "What is it, Naruto?" She demanded impatiently.

Naruto turned around, shaking the girl's wrist. "Eto... neechan said she wanted to talk to you."

The girl smiled and shook herself free of the blonde's grip. "Hokage-sama, I wanted to ask if I could stay here, in Konoha."

"It depends on why you came here. What's your name?"

"Oh! Uh, Tori. Sorano Tori."

Tsunade furrowed her eyebrows, studying her. Sorano... I think I've heard that clan name somewhere. Aren't they that family who specializes in unusual jutsus and summoning techniques?

The Hokage locked her fingers together and set her chin upon them. "Tori... did you give your name to the guard when you came in?

"Huh?" Tori looked confused. "I didn't see a guard. I was running."

So that explains it. "Where's your home village?"

"Kumogakure no Sato."

"Hidden Cloud?" Tsunade was surprised. "That's pretty far."

"It is," admitted Tori. She unfastened the blade at her side, and unsheathed it. "Look," she said pointing at the engraving underneath the hilt. It was Kumo's symbol.

Tsunade took the katana and ran her finger down the length. She gave it back to the girl. "So why did you come to Konoha?"

Tori looked down at her sandals. "To become stronger. Raikage-sama told me to come here. He said that Konoha was a strong village with skilled shinobi, so I came." *

"I'll have to talk to some of the Jounin first. But in the meantime, make yourself comfortable." Tsunade told her.

Tori's face lit up. "Arigatou!"

When the girl left, Tsunade groaned. Thank goodness, I thought she'd never leave. She banged her head against her desk. "I hate being Hokage." She grumbled.

**

Tori walked down the street, observing the houses. "What a nice village," she commented.

"NE TORI-CHAN!!"

She turned around to see Naruto running after her again. "Hi, Naruto-san!"

Naruto grinned. "Tori-chan, d'you wanna come to Ichiraku with me? My treat, of course!!"

Tori smiled. "Sorry, Naruto, but I don't eat ramen that much."

The boy's jaw dropped. "WHAT?! How could you not!! It's sweet and delicious and--" Naruto cut himself short, staring behind Tori. "Sasuke-teme? What are you doing in the tree?"

Sasuke swore. He hadn't expected anyone to notice him, much less for Naruto to spot him. He dropped down to the ground. "Just observing." He said coolly.

Naruto clenched his teeth, throwing the boy a dirty look. "Baka," he muttered. He grabbed Tori's hand again. "Come on I'll show you Konoha!"

Tori started to follow Naruto, when something whizzed past her cheek. She put her hand to her face, and when she took it away, she saw blood.

Turning around, Tori saw Sasuke standing there, his hand still outstretched in a throwing position. She growled, feeling her instincts coming back to her. How dare he attack her with her back turned! What a blow to her pride!

Sasuke smirked and took out another kunai, waiting for her to fight back.

Tori raised her eyebrows. Just who does this kid think he is? She pulled out a small paper fan and opened it in front of her to signal that she would not attack him.

"Che," he said after seeing the flimsy thing and charged at her. He ran quickly, keeping the kunai focused on the girl, who stood completely still.

"Tori-chan, move!!" screamed Naruto.

Tori ignored Naruto and as the kunai pierced through the paper of the fan, she quickly closed it and yanked the knife out of Sasuke's hand.

Surprised, Sasuke tried to snatch it back but she batted his hand out of the way and slammed him against the tree with amazing strength.

Damn she's strong... He jumped out of her reach, landing on a branch. He peered down at the ground, but she wasn't there.

Tori appeared behind Sasuke and and pulled him to her, sticking his kunai next to his neck.

He whirled his head around, shocked that she could move so quickly. "How did you...?"

Tori scowled at him and shook her head. "Next time, ask if you want to fight." She wiped the blood off her cheek and smeared it on his face before jumping down, taking his kunai for keeping.

Naruto stared at her, wide-eyed and dumbstruck. "T-Tori-chan, why did you tell Tsunade-obaachan that you wanted to become stronger? If you can hold your own to Sasuke-teme, you're already pretty good!"

Tori shrugged and wandered off. The fight had put her in a bad mood.