TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11987
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Hdidh
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Hold On Hinata by HyuugaAmane

[Reviews - 51]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Hold On Hinata
By: HyuugaAmane
Chapter Two
His Song

Disclaimer: I don’t own the Naruto series or any of the characters, but I wish I did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“What’s the matter Hinata-chan?” Naruto was sitting on an orange and black motorcycle and offering a helmet to Hinata.

“Nothing.... It’s just I’ve never rode a motorcycle before.”

“Never rode a motorcycle! Nande?”

“My father wouldn’t allow it.”

“We’re gonna have to fix that, now won’t we? Come on. Get on. I won’t tell.” He winked at her. Gingerly, Hinata reached up and took the lavender colored helmet from his hands. Carefully, she placed it on her head. Naruto offered her a hand to get on to the motorcycle and she took it.

“You better hold on tight.” Hinata nodded and wrapped her hands tightly around his waist. She was glad Naruto couldn’t see her face because she was sure she was blushing. “Where’s your stuff?”

“A-at Ino’s.”

“OKAY! FIRST STOP, INO’S!” Naruto slammed on the gas and they took off into the night. They were going so fast it was all Hinata could do to just hold on. “Whooo-hoo! This is awesome! You alright back there Hinata-chan?”

“Yeah.”

“So where is Ino’s anyways?”

‘He doesn’t know where Ino lives? Oh God this going to be a long night.’

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hope you don’t mind that it’s little messy. I didn’t really have time to clean up.” Naruto fumbled with his keys.

“I don’t mind.”

“Come in then.” He opened the door and led Hinata inside. Hinata looked at her surroundings. Naruto’s apartment was huge. He had a spacious living room, with a couch, love seat, lazy boy, big screen tv, surround sound, a coffee table, a desk, DVD player, and a laptop. Hinata followed Naruto into the kitchen. It was also huge, but messy. It had a long counter, a stove, a dish washer, a sink, several cabinets, a microwave, and a large table which was covered in used ramen cups.

‘This must be the mess he was talking about. It’s not that bad... I mean I have seen worse. A lot worse. If he thinks this is messy he should see Neji’s apartment.’ Hinata chuckled a bit when she thought of her 18 year old cousin’s apartment. It was so bad you couldn’t even walk in it. It was nothing like Naruto’s.

Naruto led Hinata down a long hallway, which had pictures of Naruto and all his friends all over the walls on either side. Most of them were either of him and Iruka, Sasuke, Kiba, Lee, Gaara, Neji, or Kakashi. Hinata noticed there were also a few pictures of his band and a few of their class pictures. To her surprise there was a picture of her and Naruto. It was a picture Ino had taken only a month ago. Naruto had forgotten his lunch that day, so Hinata had gladly offered to share with him. Naruto had been so happy that he had hugged her. That’s when Ino had snapped the picture. Hinata silently wondered how he had gotten that picture. She’d have to ask Ino later.

“Ne. Hinata-chan. I have two extra bed rooms.” Naruto opened a door on their left to reveal a nice sized bedroom with a closet, a bed, a night stand, a dresser, and a desk. “That’s the first one.” Naruto moved down the hallway a bit and opened a door on their right. This one was a bit bigger, but it contained everything the other one had. “And that’s the second one. Which one do you want?”

“Anou... I think I’d prefer the smaller one.”

“The small one it is then!” Naruto walked into Hinata’s new bedroom and set her things down on the bed. “You can unpack after I show you the rest of the apartment.” Hinata nodded. Naruto led her out of the room and across the hallway. He opened the door. “This is my room. If you ever need me for anything, I’ll probably be here or in the music room.” His bed room was the biggest of the three in the apartment. Inside he had a bed, a closet, a desk, another laptop, another tv, a dresser, a bookshelf, a night stand, and several other odd things. It was surprisingly very clean. Hinata had expected it to be really messy, but then again the only boy’s room she ever seen before this had been Neji’s. That really wasn’t much to go on.

Hinata followed Naruto back out of his room and down to the end of the hallway. He opened the door and an incredible sight met Hinata’s eyes. The room contained a real stage! Now exactly how many people had a stage in their apartment? Not very many that’s for sure. There were also several different guitars in the room. Naruto went over and picked up one of them. It was orange and black.

“Do you know how to play?”

“No. My father wouldn’t let me learn guitar. He told me I should concentrate on being a shinobi not a guitarist.”

“Man your father never let ya do anything, huh? That must have sucked.” Naruto smirked. “Do you want to learn?”

“Huh?”

“Want to learn how to play guitar?”

“I-I’d love to.” He picked up a lavender colored guitar and handed it to Hinata.

“Try playing something. Anything.”

“Ah.. Okay.” Hinata strummed her fingers across the strings. The amp blasted out a deafening shriek. Naruto laughed at her performance. Hinata blushed.

“Here let me help you.” He walked over to her and gently began to place her fingers in the right places. “Put your fingers here and then here. Then strum the second and third strings.” He was so close. Hinata could feel his warm, soft breath on her neck. She could feel his gentle fingers brushing against her. She wanted to stay like this. She wanted to be close to him. But he urged her to play those simple notes, and she did. She couldn’t resist. A soft melodious sound issued from her finger tips. It was so simple yet so beautiful.

“I didn’t know you started giving out lessons Naruto.” Sasuke, Neji, Shikamaru, Gaara, and Kiba were standing in the room’s doorway.

“Shut up Uchiha.”

“Guys don’t start this. Let’s just practice. God knows we need to.” Neji said irritated. “By the way; why are you here Hinata-sama?” Hinata never got a chance to answer.

“She’s staying with me. Got a problem with that Hyuuga?”

“No. No problem at all.”

“Good.”

“Let’s practice already.” Said an annoyed Kiba. Quickly and quietly, the boys picked up their instruments and took their places on the stage. Gaara sat down at the drums and played a few quick warm ups. Both Kiba and Shikamaru picked up base guitars and took their places. Naruto, Sasuke, and Neji all picked up their guitars and stood by the microphones. Naruto was in the center with Neji on his left and Sasuke on his right. Naruto said two words “Presently Untitled” and they started to play. It started out as hard fast paced metal, but slowed into a quiet melody as Naruto began singing.

She’s always been watching me.
I can’t believe I never realized it.
She’s been there all along.
But I’ve never noticed.

All my life I’ve been searching for her.
But I couldn’t find her.
I can’t believe she’s been right in front of me.
I can’t believe I’ve never noticed.

I spend my days chasing others.
Never knowing she was right there.
Some people tried to tell me.
But I never listened.

I kept chasing them.
I never stopped to think.
I never stopped to look.
Never stopped to look right infront of me.

She’s always been watching me.
I can’t believe I never realized it.
She’s been there all along.
But I’ve never noticed.

Once I realized it.
I knew she was the one.
The one I’d been looking for.
She was right there all along.

I wanna tell her how I feel.
I’ve tried so many times.
I’ve had so many chances.
But I don’t have the courage.

Now she’s standing right infront of me.
She’s taking my breath away.
I’m getting weak in the knees.
And it’s getting hard to speak.

She’s always been watching me.
I can’t believe I never realized it.
She’s been there all along.
But I’ve never noticed.

I’m not gonna fight it anymore.
I gotta tell her.
I can’t just stand by and watch.
I gotta tell her.

I just hope it’s not too late.
Cause I gotta tell her.
Gotta tell her I love her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An alarm clock buzzed in the early morning silence. Reluctantly, its owner reached out a pale delicate hand to switch it off. Morning had come too soon. She didn’t want to drag herself out of the comfortable, warm bed. She just wanted to lay there and sleep. The thought of school dragged against her mind, forcing her out from under the soft covers. Her bare feet touched the cool, wooden floor, sending shivers down her spine. Stretching, she grabbed a set of clean clothes and slipped them on. She ran her fingers through her short dark locks before tackling them with a brush. Sighing, she picked up her school bag and headed to the kitchen. The smell of something burning met her long before she got there.

There he stood, the boy she had a crush since the first time she had seen him, attempting to make breakfast. She giggled at the sight of him in an apron. He paid her no mind and continued to struggle with his task. The girl walked over to him, inspecting his work. She wanted to laugh, but she didn’t. He had been trying to make pancakes or at least that’s what she thought. She couldn’t make much out of the charred lumps he was attempting to salvage. Silently, she wondered if the boisterous blonde had ever cooked anything besides cup ramen. Finally, he looked up at her. His expression was formed into a begging pout, showing he was on the verge of giving up his hopeless cause.

“Ohayo, Hinata-chan!” His expression changed instantly to a smile.

“Ohayo, Naruto-kun.”

“Ne. Ne. Hinata-chan, do you know how to cook?” She couldn’t help but to smile at him.

“Of course, Naruto-kun.”

“Well, would you... Would you help me with this?” Hinata could tell it pained him to ask. She nodded to tell him she would help.

“Arigatou, Hinata-chan!!”

With an air of expertise, Hinata swept away the charred lumps and poured new batter onto the griddle. Her hands guided the spatula. Each one flew gracefully into the air and landed perfectly on griddle. Once they were done, she let Naruto slip them onto the plates, while she found two glasses in the cabinet. They sat down at Naruto’s now clean table and began to eat. Naruto was amazed that something as simple as pancakes could taste so good.

“Wow! This is great!” Naruto smiled. “You’re really an awesome cook Hinata-chan!”

“Arigatou, Naruto-kun.” She blushed at his compliment. After she was finished, Hinata looked over at the clock on the wall. It was 7:55. “N-Naruto-kun, we’re going to be late.”

“Nani?” He turned to see the clock. “Ah shit your right!” He immediately got up and ran to the entryway, Hinata followed him. Both of them donned their shoes and grabbed their bags. Naruto led Hinata out to where his bike was parked. He offered her the lavender helmet, which she gladly accepted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Naruto and Hinata burst into the classroom; they found that, luckily, their Sensei wasn’t there yet. Breathing heavily, Hinata took her seat next to Sakura.

“I heard Ino backed out on you last night Hinata.”

“She did, but it’s alright.”

“You mean you found somewhere to stay?”

“Mmmhmm.”

“Where?”

“Not gonna tell.”

“Tell me. Tell me. Please?”

“Nope.”

“Nande?”

“Cause I don’t wanna.”

“That’s not fair.”

“I know.”

“Gmen I’m late class. I accidently ran over a cute little usagi on my way and I couldn’t ju-“

”Stop lying and start class already Kakashi-sensei!!!” Yelled an extremely annoyed Naruto.

“Alright, alright already. Today we will be learning about the American Civil War. Does anyone know what this war was started over?” Sakura raised her hand instantly. “Sakura.”

“The American Civil War was started over a dispute between non-slave states and slave states.”

“That is correct. Now I want everyone to turn their American History books to page 193. I’d like you to read to page 220.” The class groaned, all they ever did in Kakashi’s class was either read, do homework, or take tests.

Sakura and Hinata quickly began to read the assigned pages, but got bored after the first few pages. Sakura looked over at Hinata, who was now staring at Naruto and blushing.


“Tell me Hinata.”

“No.”

“Tell me now.”

“Just drop it Sakura.”

“Not gonna. What its not like your staying with Naruto.” Hinata didn’t respond, but she was blushing madly. “Come on just tell me already. It’s not like you really are staying with Naruto. That was just a joke you know.” Still no answer. “Wait a second, you aren’t staying with Naruto right?”

“Actually. . .”

“Oh my god! You’re staying with Naruto? If his fangirls find out you are so dead.”

“Hmph. I could take them any day.” Hinata’s gaze wandered back to Naruto. “You know he’s got a stage in his apartment.”

“A stage? Really?”

“Hai, really.”

“That’s cool. Does he use it?”

“Well yeah. Nande would he have it if he didn’t?”

“Good question.”

“Excuse me for interrupting, but what are you two talking about?” Kakashi was crouched on top of Sakura’s desk, with Icha Icha Paradise in hand.

“Nothing important, Kakashi-sensei.” Replied Sakura with the sweetest smile she could muster.

“Oh, okay. Then talk away ladies.” Kakashi poofed away and reappeared on Sasuke’s desk.
Since he was in the middle of yelling at Naruto, he never noticed. Well not until it was too late. “Uchiha. You have detention tonight, you too Uzumaki.”

“Nani? Nande me?” Demanded Naruto.

“Oh never mind Naruto, you don’t have detention. I meant to say Hyuuga Neji.”

“Huh? Nande? I didn’t do anything.”

“You talked in class.”

“When?”

“Just now.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Word Guide

Nani- What

Nande- Why

Ohayo- Good Morning

usagi- bunny or rabbit

Arigatou- Thank You

Gomen- Sorry

Gomen nasai- I’m Sorry

Anou- Umm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HyuugaAmane: Alright!! The second chapter is done!!

Neji: Amane-san?

HyuugaAmane: What Neji?

Neji: Why are you so mean to me?

HyuugaAmane: I don’t know. I’ll be nice next time.

Neji: Arigatou Amane-san!!! (Hugs Amane.)

HyuugaAmane: (animesweatdrop) I’ll update soon so read and review everyone!!

Neji: Yes read and review or I’ll use my Juuyken on you!!! Mwhaahahahaaaaaaa!!!

Hinata: Neji-niisan. . . . (drags him away while he’s still laughing evilly)

Neji: I’ll be back!!! Mwhaahahahaaaaaaaaa!!!!