TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


One kunai, two perspectives by Asterios

[Reviews - 1]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: I don't own Naruto but damn do I wish I did.
Naruto's View

His kunai flew through the air and with a loud thunk, hit a tree trunk. Once again, he was as emotionless as always. As cold as the iron that split the trunk, showering Sakura-chan with what appears to be sawdust. We were training for some mission I had already spent hours training for. Believe me, is was really as Shikamaru would say "troublesome." Normally, I'm not the one to complain, really. I usually just train and train and try to get stronger. The more hours I spend training, the less hours I have till I become Hokage! So after Sasuke nearly impaled Sakura, he sits down and fluffs his hair like he always does and merely breaths loudly. We all clearly understood what he was saying, "My accuracy with ninpo is so good, I don't need to train, how about you two have a try." Of course stupid Sasuke-bastard wouldn't waste words like that. So I did for him.
"Sasuke-stupid, you almost hit Sakura-chan! You think you're so good you would risk your friend's life?" I exaggerated my next breath in a mocking way like him.
"Who said she was my friend?" Sasuke simply stated, "I never mentioned that I had any friends."
Sakura went as red as her name (her pretty name, might I add, dattebayo!) suggests and quietly mouthed for a second before commenting, "Oh-oh Sasuke-kun..." and with a small chuckle, "you don't mean that. You have lots of friends... like me and Naruto!"
I couldn't believe what he did next. He got up, activated his sharingan and stared at us. His red eyes swirled a little and I felt like he could see everything.From the look of those spinning shuriken like dots in his eyes, he was planning to attack, so I reacted. My instinct is what keeps me alive, so I use it. Kyuubi, give me some power! I reached back my fist and swung forward with all my force.
"Trying to hurt Sakura-chan and acting so cool, stupid-Uchiha! When I-" I fell forward and saw my fist fly behind my head. A reversal and I couldn't see it till it happened. What a bad move for a ninja. One day I will be as good as Sasuke. I felt my ears start pounding blood, and I instantly saw my hands glow slightly red. I spun on the ground, caught my footing and launched forward. My feet quickly leaped forward, I was on all fours and then - I stopped and looked behind a tree Sasuke was intently staring at.
There was a small glimmer of black smoke.
"That's why I activated Sharingan. I wanted to see what kind of chakra it was. It's a genjutsu. If we walked any closer to my kunai, it would've caught us in an illusion. We might not have noticed the explosive tags littered around this area." Sasuke was so cold and matter-of-fact. He told us this as though we should've known already and he was wasting his time getting stronger by talking with us. "I should've just not told either of you. Weak ninjas should be caught in childish traps."
Again I was angry. Sasuke seemed to be able to make me very mad very quickly. We both know we're friends, I'm the only friend he has and he is the only one I have, but for a friend he was pretty lousy, you know? Before thinking I blurted out "You're weak for having to rely on the Sharingan to see these 'childish' traps, eh Sasuke-dobe!"
I hit a nerve. With great control he coldly spoke with a slow speed, "let's go see who these ninja's think they are."




Sasuke's View:

My kunai flew through the air and landed with a shattering thunk into the tree. I was so focused on hitting that exact knot, my facial expression probably were pretty tense. I could care less, I missed the knot by a few millimeters. Itachi would never of missed...Itachi. With that thought, I completely ignored the now dusty Sakura and promptly sat down and gave a sigh. The pain of my clan, I will avenge them all. Itachi...with a flicker of my hair and a soft look to the floor I started swimming in memories.
My face probably expressed the hatred in my heart for my nii-san.
"Sasuke-stupid, you almost hit Sakura-chan! You think you're so good you would risk your friend's life?" Sakura looked scared and Naruto was practically screaming at me. The pain was bearable, though. It reminded me of the cursed seal I had on my neck. It twinged a little as Naruto's face contorted with malice. He gave a big breath in what seemed to be a mocking way. Ouch, friend. I retorted back with an emotional angsty line of my own, "Who said she was my friend?" and after a pause, "I never mentioned that I had any friends." It hurt so much to say that. Naruto, you'll never know just how much you matter to me, stupid, If I would just tell you how much I don't hate you. I looked into his blue eyes and told myself to act cold and indifferent. I would be weak to care about friendship and...emotions.
The pink haired bimbo just had to ruin my moment: "Oh-oh Sasuke-kun..." and with a small chuckle, "you don't mean that. You have lots of friends... like me and Naruto!" I acted like I didn't care but the weakling was telling the truth. I just wish that they would say that again, I want to hear that I have friends. Oh boy...my friends...Suddenly I noticed a slight shimmer in the air a few feet in front of me. It was floating in front of the trees. Kakashi-sensei once told me to always check changes in vision, often they are genjutsus. So I stood and activated my sharingan. Just as I thought, The shimmer had intense chakra strings connected to exploding tags placed around the perimeter of our training grounds.
"Trying to hurt Sakura-chan and acting so cool, stupid-Uchiha! When I-" Naruto tried to punch me but I didn't tell him to stop. I wanted him to hit me, wanted to feel more pain. I needed pain instead of love. Hit me, Naruto. I realized this would be pretty stupid since I would get caught in the growing genjutsu. It was now turning darker than just a shimmer. I quickly twisted his wrist and allowed the momentum to carry his now glowing body past me to slam into the ground. I didn't have time to explain before, now I did.
With a slight drone I quickly filled Sakura-san and Naruto: I pointed once Naruto and Sakura noticed the shimmer. "That's why I activated Sharingan. I wanted to see what kind of chakra it was. It's a genjutsu. If we walked any closer to my kunai, it would've caught us in an illusion. We might not have noticed the explosive tags littered around this area." I needed not to continue the explanation. I don't know why I didn't stop myself but I blathered on, "I should've just not told either of you. Weak ninjas should be caught in childish traps." Instantly I regretted saying it...I knew I had hurt Naruto's feelings, I'm not good with social skills.
Naruto was hurt and his sapphire blue eyes told it. He opened his mouth and muttered in anguish and furious rage, "You're weak for having to rely on the Sharingan to see these 'childish' traps, eh Sasuke-dobe!"
Ah, pain. Yes. Give me more Naruto. I need more pain. I like to hurt, that's how I feel alive. I hated seeing him mad at me...but it was attention, and that's all I really wanted. Depressed, I said, "let's go see who these ninja's think they are."