TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Leaf High: Freshman Year by aviator nova

[Reviews - 6]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
She brushed her hair as she sat in front of her vanity mirror. The first day of high school was a big step for a girl to undertake, it was like a leap into womanhood. It wouldn’t be long before she’d be driving, then she’d get a job, then partying, then she’d be attending college, and then she’d be her mother. Scrunching her nose up at the idea, she continued brushing her bubblegum pink hair until all the knots and tangles were undone. Grabbing a tube of her favorite lipgloss, she lightly dabbed it on.

“Sakura! You’re going to be late!” her mother yelled from the kitchen. The fourteen year old sighed and rolled her green eyes as she stood up from her vanity mirror and ran over to her closet. “Did you hear me, Sakura?”

“Yes mom!” Sakura shouted as she grabbed uniform and quickly slipped it on over her slender body. Fixing the pleats of her skirt and the collar of her blouse, Sakura tied the blue tie into a nice neat knot. She grabbed her knee high snow-white socks and pulled them on. Nodding to herself Sakura, turned and grabbed her beige courier bag and left her room. This was it, she was only thirty minutes away from taking one of the most important steps of her social life. Sakura didn’t know what it would be like, but she was thinking it would be amazing. All the magazines and books she had read over the summer told her high school was the greatest moment of your life.

When she came into the kitchen, her mom put her plate on the breakfast bar and poured her some orange juice. Thanking her mother, she quickly scarfed down her toast with strawberry jam. Shoveling the scrambled eggs into her mouth, Sakura picked up her glass of orange juice and chugged it. Her mother gave her a look of disapproval and shook her head in annoyance. Mumbling an apology before letting out a small burp, Sakura rushed to the front door to slip on her shoes and head out to the bus stop. Sitting down by the front door, Sakura slipped on her shoes and stood up taking on last look in the small mirror they had up front. Clean uniform, polished shoes, nicely combed hair, white smile, and her school supplies that was about as good at the bubblegum haired girl was going to get.

“Have a good day Sakura, make good choices!” her mother called as Sakura opened the door.

“Okay, I will! See you this afternoon,” she shouted back just before closing the door. The morning sun warmed her skin and the dew on the grass gave the air a crisp feeling. Taking in a deep breath, Sakura started walking down to the end of her street where the bus stop was conveniently located. As she was walking she saw a few other students gathered at the end of the street. “Just smile and be friendly.” Sakura had been giving herself countless pep talks the last two weeks of summer and still none of them seemed to be helping much.

The roar of the bus engine sounded and Sakura gasped as it pulled up beside the few students. Yelping, Sakura waved her hands in the air in hopes to get the bus drivers attention. She started running and made it by the time the last student had climbed on. As she climbed up the steps of the yellow limousine, Sakura freaked out for a moment at the number of students. She almost couldn’t find a seat from all the students leaning about and flailing their arms while telling stories about their summers.

“Um, may I sit here?” Sakura asked politely to a girl with two buns in her hair. The brunette looked up at Sakura for a moment and scooted over to make room. Thanking the girl, Sakura took a seat and the bus started rolling down the street. In the next ten minutes she would be an official high school student.

“You’re new aren’t you?” the brunette beside her asked.

“Yeah, I’m a freshman.” Sakura nodded.

“I can tell, you look nervous,” she chuckled with a roll of her brown eyes. This girl seemed friendly enough and was very beautiful on top of that. She probably had a boyfriend and lots of friends, she was probably a popular girl. “You shouldn’t be though, it’s just school.”

“Are you new? I mean that’s a dumb question, but you seem like you got it all figured out.” Sakura had laughed a bit at her own words, but the girl beside her just stared at her with a raised brow.

“I’m a sophomore and I was just like you, high school isn’t what you think it is,” she explained. “It’s actually much worst.”

“What do you mean?” Sakura asked completely confused by the girl’s insinuation.

“I mean boys are trouble, girls are backstabbers, classes are hard, and school lunch food is disgusting,” the brunette looked like she was imagining her first day at high school, she would probably be a good friend to have. Someone who knew the ropes, knew where everything was, and she probably even knew who was who. “You’ll see what I mean, by the way I’m Tenten.”

“Thanks for the advice, Tenten,” I said with a weak smile. “I’m Sakura, so any tips on how to avoid any dangerous first day mistakes?”

Tenten laughed and looked out the window as we pulled up into the school’s bus drop off area. She stood up and slung one backpack strap onto her back, and Sakura did the same. “Yeah stay out of everyone’s way.”

They began filing off the bus and when Sakura stepped onto the sidewalk and looked up at the school, her heart started beating uncontrollably. Up ahead in the courtyard, she heard hundreds of student chattering about their summers and classes. Swallowing hard, Sakura slowly began staggering up towards the courtyard. This was very terrifying, she didn’t know anyone and there were so many people. Surely there had to be someone she knew of from middle school or from her neighborhood.

“Hey Sakura,” Tenten called, walking up beside her. “Just breathe, that’s the first step to surviving high school. Welcome to Leaf High.” Tenten patted her on the shoulder and walked off, leaving Sakura all alone in a sea of high school students. She was about to protest, but Tenten had disappeared so quickly within the crowd. Not knowing what to do, Sakura pulled out a piece of paper from her bag. She had wrote down her first class and the room number. Figuring she should head inside the massive building, Sakura ventured inside the school’s hallways.

“Just breathe, okay,” Sakura muttered to herself as she tried to find her English class, room number 124. Obviously it was a first floor class, now she just had to find the twenty-four part. As she walked down the hall, she saw the numbers going higher and higher with every room she passed. Finally she came to the last room before she’d have to go around a corner. Entering the classroom, Sakura saw only a few students scattered around the room. She took in a deep breath and walked to the first aisle of desk third seat from the front and three seats from the back.

“Don’t look so nervous,” a soft voice came from two rows over. Sakura looked over and started laughing upon seeing her elementary school friend, Hinata Hyuga. The pink haired girl instantly felt ten times better than before. “Isn’t that what you used to tell me?” Sakura was surprised by Hinata. Before she was the shy, stuttering, sheltered girl, but now she seemed more confident and eloquent. Her hair was still short like it used to be, her eyes had a vague hint of a warm lavender hue, and her skin was like a porcelain doll’s.

“Wow, you look so different,” Sakura laughed lightly, brushing her pink hair behind her ears. It was good to see Hinata so happy and confident, she was really shining. “I didn’t even recognize you.”

“Well it’s been three years or so,” Hinata said with a soft smile. “You look the same, just older.” It was a compliment, Hinata always thought Sakura was a pretty girl and her hair made her so unique, but it was her torment for the longest time. Hinata told her that having pink hair was the coolest thing cause everyone would always know who she was, but Sakura thought that was a bad thing.

“I can’t even believe we’re freshman,” Sakura commented, twiddling her thumbs. “Can you?”

“No way, I’m excited, but scared and I don’t know,” Hinata smiled and stood up, walking around the desk to sit in front of Sakura. “I want to join some good clubs and makes lots of friends, you know?”

“You bet I do, I feel the same way,” Sakura agreed with a laugh. While they were talking about being high schoolers, the bell rang and all of the seats in the classroom were filled. Not even a minute later a woman with warm red eyes and long wavy black hair came inside. All the students quieted down as she put her stuff on her desk and looked amongst the students.

“I’m Kurenai Yuhi, I’m your homeroom teach were you will spend fifteen minutes every morning,” she explained while pulling a stack of papers out of her bag. “I have here your schedules, lockers, and your club signup sheets that you will turn in during your lunch period.” She showed the students the large stack of papers.

“Hopefully we’ll have lunch or a class together,” Hinata whispered to Sakura, who nodded in agreement and crossed her fingers, wishing the same. Kurenai was calling out students names and finally got to the H’s.

“Haruno?” Kurenai called, causing Sakura to lift up her hand and reach for the papers. She opened the small folder that was filled with a dozen sheets of papers along with her locker and it’s combination. Her green eyes landed on a yellow colored paper and saw it was her classes she would have for the year.

“I have fourth period lunch,” Sakura said, looking up at Hinata.

“Hyuga,” Kurenai called out and Hinata held up her hand, taking the folder of papers. Hinata quickly opened hers and dug for the yellow paper and smiled, seeing she and Sakura had the same lunch period. Both girls were excited and gave each other quiet high-fives. It didn’t take much longer for Kurenai to finish handing out the folders. Once she had finished, she told everyone to go over the paper work and to make sure everything was correct and once they had finished that they could wait for the bell and go onto their next class.

“Any classes together?” Sakura asked, placing her schedule next to Hinata’s.

“No, just homeroom and lunch,” Hinata said sadly. “We have the same teachers though.” She pointed at some of the teachers names and Sakura nodded in agreement.

“We can help each other at least,” Sakura said with a smile. The bell rang a few seconds after she spoke and everyone quickly started exiting the room. The two girls stood up and walked out into the hallway, both of their classes were on the second floor, so they started walking towards the stairs together.

“Well I’ll see you at lunch, wanna meet by the cafeteria doors?” Hinata asked once they got to the top of the stairs. They both stepped off to the side to avoid being in the way and being shoved by rushing students.

“Sure thing, I’ll see you then,” Sakura waved to her and Hinata nodded before walking off to find her next class. Once again Sakura was alone and had to go it alone, but she felt better knowing Hinata would be there for her at lunch. Out of everything, sitting alone at lunch is what scared Sakura the most.

Looks like things were going to be a little easier than she was excepting and that was something she was really grateful for. Turning on her heels, Sakura started going down the hall in the opposite direction to her Literature class.