TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Evil Striving Toward Love by Pinkie111

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: This story does have some gore in it as well as some romance. Nothing too bad but be concious of this. Also the story has two perspectives: Nika's side as she tells it in her journal and also the narrative side where we see Nika in action
Chapter notes: Narrarating as you see Nika as a child. This was many years ago- Nika is actually a young adult
Evil Striving Toward Love



Prologue:


"Mommy! I'm home!" Nika ran inside slamming the screen door shut behind her. She immediatly went into the kitchen to find her mother cooking something in a large skillet.

"Hello sweetie! How was your day at the academy?" Her mother Julianna said flipping over the bacon with a spatula.

"It was fine but its so boring!" Nika pulled out a chair from the table and sat down on it. This was an easy task since the kitchen and dining room were connected. See, the cottage they were living in was quite small because they didn't earn much money.
“Why do you say that?” Julianna asked.

“Well, all we are doing is going over safety rules. Like how to hold a kunai.” Nika sighed and swung her feet beneath her chair.
“Those rules are very important, Nika.” Her mother reminded her.
“I know but I already know how to use a kunai! When do we actually get to practice with it?” Nika asked demandingly.
“Honey, it will probably be another year before you use it.” Julianna flipped over the bacon again. It hissed in the grease it was soaking in.
Nika folded her arms criss cross. “Mom!”

“Nika don’t complain- at least I let you go to that academy. If I had it my way you would be here at home with me. Ninjas are nothing but trouble and fill the world with pain. They are good for nothing..” Julianna bit her tongue knowing that she should be more careful with her words to her daughter. Julianna gripped the spatula tighter. “If your father wasn’t a ninja- we’d have him here more often. And I wouldn’t have to worry about him all the time.”
“…Mom, I have a question about Daddy.” Nika looked at her mothers back. An apron tied around her waist and long black hair. It was very straight unlike her own wavy hair.
Her mother sighed. She was tired of those questions about her husband. But decided that her daughter deserved answers. “Yes?”
“Well.. I was talking to the Kerkage..” Nika began.

“Nika! What have I told you about talking to that man?!” Julianna turned around towards her daughter. The Kerkage was the Kage of their village, Village Hidden in the Ice. Unfortunatly the Kerkage was never polite to the children and would tell them things that they didn’t need to know until they got older and could comprehend it.
“He said that Daddy isn’t a real ninja.” Nika looked down at her feet.

Julianna bit her lip. The child was right of coarse. Osono, her husband: Nika’s father, wasn’t a ninja but if Nika knew the truth she wouldn’t understand. She was too young to understand. “Sweetie,” She paused figuring out what to say. “Your father works hard every day, doing a job that no one else would want to do. That makes him a hero. He may not be a full ninja but he is a hero and that’s what counts.”
Nika was confused, “What is his job?”

“He.. well he..” Julianna heard the bacon pop. She quickly turned around to the skillet nd saw her bacon was burning. “Oh no!” She took the bacon out of the pan and put it unto a plate.
“Haha! Mom you burned them! They don’t smell good anymore!”

“Nika-“ Julianna rolled her eyes as she put the plate of burned bacon on the table, “How many times have I told you not to say that?”
“But mom, I know I have a sense of smell! I can smell the bacon!” She argued.
“No, you can’t. No no one in this village has a sense of smell.” Julianna said this casually because it was true. The Hidden Ice Village was cold all year long. Their bodies are so used to the cold temperatures that it doesn’t bother them. But there was a few disadvantages to being used to the cold. One, you had the palest skin! Clouds never gave way in this village- the sun wouldn’t ever come out and most citizens had never seen the sun before. Two, there was no sense of smell. Their noses had no nerves in them- they could breathe through their noses but not smell anything. Three, tears had a nasty habit of freezing on your face.
“But, Mom! I can to!” Nika again repeated.

Her mother smiled, kids will be kids. “Okay- if that’s what you say.” Julianna ripped a piece of bacon and ate it. It was not unusual to eat bacon during every meal. Since, there was an abondant amount of ice pig in the area. “About your father, his job is to.. to..to” Julianna thought hard about this.
“Well his job is to help the village by protecting it from evil.” She lied yet again to her mischivious daughter, “Now eat your food and no more questions .”
“Okay..” Her daughter sighed. And she picked up a piece of black bacon.

Julianna washed her hands from the grease and put her apron on the counter of the kitchen, “Nika, I’m going to go into the bedroom for awhile, don’t choke okay?”
“I’m five years old already! I don’t choke anymore!” Nika called out.

Her mother smiled and patted her on the head. Then she headed to her bedroom. She closed the door behind her and was immediately confronted by the messy bed. She hadn’t had time to make it but seeing as though it was almost night- she didn’t bother. She sat down on it and picked up a picture on the dresser.
It was of her, Nika, and her husband. Her husband had on his cloak but in this rare occasion, he took off his hood. He was so handsome. His wavy blonde hair… that’s what she liked most about him. Black hair was so dull to her, since everyone in the village had black hair (to absorb the little sun light rays that were in the air). But blonde hair was a unique and beautiful hair color.
Then she looked at herself in the picture. She was happy. And her eyes seemed to gleam with sparkles. Lastly she looked at the baby that was in her arms. Nikasuma Kiga. She had her father’s last name and her father’s wavy hair. But she had black hair like her mother. Julianna put the picture back unto the dresser and laid her back to the bed. She closed her eyes.
She wished she didn’t have to deal with her husband’s secrets. She wished that her husband was a normal man with a normal job.. but no. He had to do the one job that no one on eart would want to do. Well unless they were insane and evil.
Her husband Osono Kiga had the job assigned to him by the Paths of Pain. The Paths of Pain who created the ninja nations and gave out powers to the humans.

See, a long time ago, after the six paths had made the ninja nations they saw that there was no evil in the world for the humans to fight against. The six paths are very wise and say that there has to be an equal amount of evil and good in the world- otherwise things would be unbalanced. So what they did was make evil in three main forms. Despair- the feeling of physical pain and loss of hope, Fear- the feeling of fear and helplessness, and Death- the loosing of life. One human would be assigned to do one job.
Tasaka was chosen to do the job of Despair. Having special powers and lots of chakra to cause physical pain to shinobi. Dain was chosen to have the job of Death. Kill shinobi at the right time, because all shinobi have their deaths planned by the six paths. And lastly Fear. The man chosen for that was Ichiga.
These three shinobi were instantly turned immortal and went down to earth for the sole purpose of causing death and destruction. But all the while these three immortals did their best to create evil in the world- the humans always prevailed.
So, the six paths decided to create the nine tailed demons. This created chaos in the human world and everything was balanced once again. The humans were so smart though, that they figured out how to transfer the demons into the humans bodies. Those humans were called Jyncheriki.
Again, the world was unbalanced. The six paths were angry at the three immortals for not doing their job correctly. The six paths let the immortals become human again and roam the nations freely without any powers. They decided to hire three new immortals but this time- they would give the immortals a cold personality and almost no compassion. The new three were Verne as despair, Hakuren as Death and lastly, Osono as Fear.
Osono had been an immortal for two hundred years. That’s when he came down to the ninja nations one day as usual and he met Julianna. A strong female ninja. She was not scared of him and did what no one else seemed to do. Love him.
Yes, she fell in love with the man who caused so much pain to others. She didn’t care though because she was a hormonal teenager at the time, so she had a child with him. Osono was powerless against her love, and couldn’t get himself to harm her.
When the six paths saw what had happened they were angry at Osono and said that he could no longer be Fear. That his child whom he loved, would have to take his place as soon as she was ready. But until that time came- he would have to do his job as normal and scare the shinobi, including his wife and daughter…
For Julianna, she regretted all that she had done. She wished she had never met Osono and cause so much pain to her daughter and herself. For the ice village, it is disgraced upon marrying someone not from the village. Because of this- Julianna had to stop being a ninja for she was no longer accepted. She had to get a cooking job on the outskirts of town and she got low pay.
Most of the village looked down upon her and her husband who they had never seen his face any way. But Julianna was most sad for her daughter. Her daughter would grow up some day and become a terrible thing, against her will.
Julianna had a tear fall down her cheek. She was saddened by her life and didn’t know what to do. She didn’t want her child to become like her father. Her terrible father. The one who she no longer had love for.
That’s when the cottage door opened.

“Daddy!” Nika ran up to her father who just entered the room. Julianna stayed in her bedroom awaiting the man.
There was a chuckle. Osono picked up the little girl. Julianna continued to cry behind the door of their bedroom.
“How’s my angel today?” He asked with his sweetened voice.

“Good!” Nika giggled. She was always more optimistic around her father, for the simple reason she saw her father only once a week. “Are you going to show me more fighting moves tonight?”
Her father smiled from under his hood, “Yes, yes I will. But let me say hi to your mother really fast.”
There were footsteps and then Julianna saw her husband open the bedroom door. He noticed his wife had been crying and went to her.

Osono kissed her quickly and then stroked her hair, “What’s wrong?”
Julianna pushed him away, “You.”

Osono backed up a bit. “What did I do now?” He joked with a augh.
“This isn’t funny.” Julianna growled. “Do you know what you are teaching your daughter out there?!”
He paused a moment, “Mind jutsu?”

“More than that, Osono! You know exactly what you are doing!” Julianna yelled.
Osono took off his hood and showed off his fierce red eyes. He could only do this around his wife who wasn’t scared of him for it. “… ya I know what I’m doing.” He whispered.
“You are teaching your daughter how to become a mindless monster like you!” Julianna hit his shoulder. Osono stared at her and showed his fangs that had been hidden until now.
“I have no other choice!” He growled.

“Yes you do! How can you do this to your daughter?!” Julianna grabbed his arm.
Osono couldn’t help his instincts. He bit her hand until it bled unto the bed sheets. Julianna cried in pain and kicked the man off. “You monster!” She yelled.
Nika cracked open her parent’s door. She saw blood and instantly ran to her room. She didn’t like it when they hurt each other. They did this often and Nika would cry whenever she saw her parents fight.
Julianna wrapped her hand in the bed sheets to stop the bleeding. The man on the floor stood up slowly. She glared at him as he arose, “Osono, you and I are going to do the only thing we can for our daughter to make sure she doesn’t turn out like you!”
Osono hissed. He knew what she was talking about. She wanted him to leave, “No! I’m not leaving her!”
“Yes you are!!” Julianna screamed. She was a user of ice jutsu and quickly made herself a kunai out of ice.
Osono paused, “I’m not leaving her!” He made his claws appear.

Julianna frowned at him, “LOOK AT YOURSELF Osono! You are going to make our daughter end up just like you!”
Osono roared a EAR SHEERING ROAR AND THEN TRASHED THEIR ROOM. Hitting everything except for Julianna. He tossed things and tore things up. He calmed down a few minutes later. He growled and then fell to the floor panting like an animal.
Julianna knew it was safe to approach him now. She got on her hands and knees, “Listen Osono.” She was whispering now and was more calm. “We’re leaving now.” She grabbed his arm and lifted him up on her back. He was too tired to resist.
“No, no.” He whispered out of breath.

“You may be immortal but you are not immune to the one thing that is your weakness, endorphins. And I’ve got plenty of them in bottles in my pocket. One lick of that liquid and you’ll obey anyone. Including me.”
He breathed in and out. “I hate you..” He exhaled

“I hate you too,” She brought out a bottle of the liquid which was his weakness. Love in a bottle. Endorphins that will make all his powers shut down in a heart beat. She added a needle to the bottle and injected him with the liquid love.


Before Julianna left the village, she went by her brother’s house and told him everything that had happened. Her brother was astonished.
“What?!” Azamari exclaimed. “That man on the couch in Fear?!” He gulped.
“Yes,” Julianna whispered. “I need you to take care of Nika.” She said.
“…but does she have any special jutsus?” He asked.

“Because fear is her father she genetically has some of his powers. But only a few. And she’s too young to have them fully developed yet.”
“…” Azamari was silently thinking how this could be to his advantage. But then nodded his head at his older sister, “Ya, I’ll take care of her.”
Chapter end notes: Hope you enjoyed the prolouge. Please leave a review and come back for some real action adventure in chapter one!