He said "no" by Smurd
Summary: Naruto finally gets the couage to tell Sasuke his true feelings. What would happen if Naruto was rejected?
Categories: Characters: Sasuke Uchiha, Naruto Uzumaki
Genres: Angst, Tragedy
Warnings: Dark, Death
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: Yes Word count: 2515 Read: 9956 Published: 14/02/08 Updated: 28/02/08
Story Notes:
Yea, I know that it starts at chapter four, but that's cause I accidently deleted the previous story that this one is replacing. I'll type the one first chapters later, I just wanted to put this one up now, so my readers could read it, and not think that I had deleted my story for good.

1. No? by Smurd

2. Are you sure? by Smurd

3. I wish you'd change your mind. by Smurd

4. NO! by Smurd

5. I'm Sure! by Smurd

6. I won't change my mind! by Smurd

7. I'll make Things Right. by Smurd

No? by Smurd
Naruto sat on the couch, next to Sasuke. They were watching a movie, Die Hard, to be exact. Well, Sasuke was watching it, Naruto, however was deep in thought.

'Should this be the night?' He asked himself 'Should I tell him?'
r0;...don't you, Naruto?r1;
r0;huh?r1;
r0;I said, I love this movie, don't you, Naruto?r1;
r0;oh...yea...yea, it's great?r1;
r0;Something wrong?r1;
r0;Nah, just thirsty, but I'll get it, if you don't mind.r1;
r0;Nah, I got it.r1; Sasuke hit pause on the remote, and walked to get Naruto a drink.

While Sasuke was in the kitchen, Naruto began to talk to himself.

r0;Maybe I should tell him....he acts like he does...but what if I'm wrong-?r1; Naruto was interrupted before he could think more.

r0;Wrong about what?r1; Sasuke asked when he walked in holding his and Naruto's drinks.
r0;A..About the end of the movie...I have a thought about how it's gonna end..r1;Naruto lied.
r0;I thought you'd seen it before, ya said ya had.r1;
r0;Nope.r1; Naruto lied again.
r0;Oh well, all I had was Dr. Pepper, is that okay?r1;
r0;Yeh, it's fine.r1;

Sasuke handed Naruto his drink and sat down.
r0;Hey Sasuke,r1; Naruto asked before Sasuke resumed the movie.
r0;Yea?r1; Sasuke turned to his friend.

Naruto decided tonight was the night. He leaned forward and pressed his lips against Sasuke's and hoped for the best.

Sasuke pushed Naruto away from him.

r0;Naruto, what the-r1;
r0;I love you.r1;
r0;What?r1;
r0;I love you! I have loved you!r1;
r0;Get out!r1;
r0;Wha-r1;
r0;GET OUT!r1; Sasuke screamed.
r0;But...I thought...r1;
r0;Get OUT, Naruto, I don't want to hurt you. Get out!r1;

Naruto opened his mouth to protest again, but words caught in his throat and tears swelled in his eyes. He stood and walked out of the house.
Are you sure? by Smurd
Naruto walked through the streets of the village with no destination, before ending up in front of the local bar. Against his better judgment, Naruto walked in, and up to the bar.

A pretty young lady walked up to Naruto. Said young lady was Shellie. Shellie was a girl who Naruto had a fling with a few years back. Back when times were simpler.

r0;Hey Naruto.r1;
r0;Hey, Shellie.r1;
r0;What'll it be?r1;
r0;A shot and a brew, Shellie, and keep em coming.r1;
r0;I've never really known you to drink much, are you s-r1;
r0;Yes, I'm sure.r1;
r0;Okay, but take it easy, okay?r1;

Naruto downed one drink after another, not only becoming accustomed to, but enjoying the burn of the alcohol in his throat. It was...soothing.

Twenty minutes later, Shellie cut him off.

r0;Naruto, it's not healthy, you'll get poisoned, you've had enough.r1;
r0;Shellie, I don't even feel anything!r1; Naruto protested. And that was the truth, he wasn't feeling anything, he was hurt so much that the alcohol had seemingly no effect.

r0;I don't care, Naru-kun, I don't want you to get hurt.r1;
r0;I couldn't be any more hurt than I am right now.r1;
With that, Naruto turned and walked out of the bar.

He decided to head home. But took a detour that led him right by the local convenience store. He walked in and out with two bottles of brown liquor, maybe it would be enough to suffice.

By morning, both bottles were empty and laying in the floor, next to the bed, on which Naruto was laying, half-asleep, half in a drunken coma.

The sun poured through the window, (which, in Naruto's drunken state, he'd neglected to cover.) and onto his face.

He awoke with a groan and sat up. He grabbed his head, all night long, he'd had the same dream over and over.

But the thing was, it wasn't a dream, exactly, it was more less the VCR in his mind replaying the events of the night before over and over and over.

Play, stop, rewind, play, stop, rewind. Over. And. Over. Again.
All he could hear was Sasuke's voice, screaming at him to leave, to get out, to remove himself from his sight.

When Naruto awoke with this thought, a tear began to roll down his face, but he wiped it away before it had a chance.

He needed a shower, his skin greasy from the rough night.
He stood from his bed and realized that he'd fallen asleep with all his clothes on. Just as well, sometime in the night, he'd kicked off his blanket, and probably would have gotten cold.
Naruto walked to his bathroom, stripped down, and stepped in the shower. The water fell over his body. It was hot, too hot, actually, but he didn't care, he enjoyed the pain, it got rid of the pain in his heart, at least.

He stepped out of the shower, dripping wet, and pulled on his clothes, not caring to dry himself. He walked back outside and back to the store form last night.

He walked up to the counter with four bottle of liquor.
r0;Party tonight, Bud?r1; The store clerk asked.
r0;Somethin like that...r1;
r0;Can I see some ID?r1;
r0;Do you need tor1;
r0;Well, yea, you look sorta young.r1;
r0;Yea, here ya go.r1; Naruto reached in his pocket and pulled out his ID.
r0;Ok, and here you gor1; The clerk handed Naruto his ID and the four bottles of alcohol.

Naruto carried the bottles back to his house and popped one open. He'd slept late, it was 4 in the evening, it was late enough.
I wish you'd change your mind. by Smurd
It was seven now. And he was emptying his third bottle. He couldn't stop himself, no matter how much he drank, his thoughts kept rolling back to him. NO matter how much he drank, he felt nothing, nothing but a dull, stinging hurt.

Naruto stood and let his bottle fall to the floor, he needed something harder, something heavier, something...stronger. He walked down to the bar where Shellie worked again. He hoped she wasn't there. He loved her, but she stopped him, before he was ready to stop, control him before he was ready to be controlled.

But luck wasn't on his side, when he opened the door, there she stood, pretty as ever, carrying two other souls their poisons of choice for the evening.

r0;Naruto!r1; Shellie yelled when she saw him. She ran over and gave him a hug.
His face and hair were greasy again, he looked awful.

r0;What have you been doing today?r1;
r0;Nothin, can ya get me the heaviest drink in here?r1;
r0;Well, sure, but...be careful, hon.r1;

Naruto sat at the bar, and Shellie handed him his drink. It was small, so he downed it in one hit.

r0;Can I get another one of those, only, a little bigger?r1;
r0;Well, I think you've already been drinking, you wanna talk about it?r1;
r0;We'll talk over a drink.r1;
r0;Fine!r1;

Shellie left for a few minutes, and came back with another drink, generously larger than the previous one. She drug Naruto to a booth in the corner.

They sat down, and Naruto took a long drink of his beverage, cherishing the burn in his throat.
r0;Okay, Naruto, what's wrong?r1;
r0;Nothin..r1;
r0;Don't GIVE me that Naruto, I know you, I-r1;
r0;Know one knows anyone, EVER!r1;
r0;But-r1;
r0;I thought I knew someone once, but apparently not, and it's too late now, I'm already out of his life...I...I..r1; Naruto began to cry without finishing his sentence.
r0;Oh, Naru, who?r1;
r0;Him..r1;
r0;Who?r1;
r0;Sas..r1;
r0;Sasuke?r1;
r0;Don't say his name!r1; Naruto downed the rest of his drink and stood to leave.
r0;Here, Naruto, let me walk you home.r1;
r0;No, there's no need for that.r1;
r0;I'm walking you home, whether you like it or not.r1;
r0;Whatever...r1;

Shellie stood up and caught Naruto's arm and walked him out the door.
Shellie held Naruto close as they walked toward his house.
She still cared deeply for Naruto, she didn't want anything to happen to him, so she continued to hold him, sobbing, all the way home.

When they reached his home, she hugged him one last time, kissed him on the cheek, and said good night. Naruto walked into his house, to his last full bottle of alcohol.

The burn in his throat didn't quell him any longer, it didn't do anything for him.

Naruto put down his half-empty bottle and walked over to a table with pencil and paper.
With the note in hand, he walked into his bedroom.
Naruto grabbed a knife and put it to the underside of his arm.

r0;I love you Sasuke...r1; with those words, he sliced his arm over and over.
Tears escaped his eyes, and he lie on his bed, note in hand.

r0;Good-bye, Sasuke....r1;

Naruto was gone.
NO! by Smurd
Morning came all to early for Shellie, who had slept well despite her worry for Naruto.

'I hope he's okay.' Shellie thought as she walked out the door and started to check on the blond.

*Knock Knock*
Shellie knocked on Naruto's door and waited, but with no answer.

She knocked again, no answer
Shellie was worried so she twisted the knob, Naruto had left it unlocked, so she walked opened the door and walked in. She looked all over the first floor and started up the stairs.

"Naru? Naruto, where are you?"
Still no answer...

She saw his bedroom door half open and figured he'd walked in and passed out the night before, but she thought she should check on him anyway. Shel pushed Naruto's door the rest of the way open.

"OH DEAR GOD!! NARUTO!!" Shellie saw Naruto's bloody sheets and sliced wrist.

She ran to his side and grabbed his unharmed arm, he was cold, he had no pulse.

Shellie ran to Naruto's phone and called 911.

"911, what's your emergency?"
My friend, I'm...I'm in his house...he's...he's dead!" Shellie screamed.

"Ma'am, I didn't cath that, what happened?"
"I don't know, my friend, he's dead!"
"Police are on the way."

Shellie let the phone drop to the floor, and walked over to Naruto.

"Oh..Naruto...why?"

She noticed a wrinkled peice of paper in Naruto's right hand.

Shellie reached for the peice of paper and unfolded it.
That paper had six simple words that explained it all.

"I'll love him til I die...." Shellie repeated over and over.
I'm Sure! by Smurd
Sasuke walked down his steps, it had been merely hours since Shellie had found Naruto, and Sasuke hadn't found out yet.

Sasuke heard his phone ring from inside his house behind him, he ran to pick it up.

"Hello?"
"Sasuke Uchiha?"
"That's me."
"I'm sorry Mr. Uchiha, but I have some bad news."
"O..okay."
"Do you know a one, Naruto Uzumaki?"
"I did once upon a time."
"This is Konoha's coroner."
"Wh..what...happened?"
"Well, it seems that Mr. Uzumaki was found dead in his home this morning."
"What happened?"
"Suicide, I do believe."
"What....?"
"I'm sorry, Mr. Uchiha."

Sasuke dropped the phone and ran from his house, he didn't know where to run to, but he ran and ran and ran.

His sorrow brought him to the most ironic of places. Sasuke found himself standing outside of Naruto's favorite Ramen stand. He couldn't believe it, he couldn't believ that Naruto was....gone.....

A voice rang out through the night air, almost bringing tears to Sasuke's eyes. AT first he thought it was an angel. But he placed the voice quickly. And he wasn't to far away with his first guess.

"Hello, Shellie."
"Have you heard?"
"I have."
"I'm so sorry."

This did bring tears to his eyes. He ran to Shellie. She pulled him close into a hug.

"Sasuke..." Shellie had to tell him, "I...I found this...in his hand."

Sasuke read the note, and fell to his knees.

"Oh God! I did it." He screamed.
"Sasuke, no, you didn't!"
"It was my fault!"
"No, it wasn't!"

Sasuke stood and embraced Shellie once more.

"Shellie..."
"Sasuke..."
"The..."
"Yes?"
"The..last thing..I said to him...I screamed...at him... to get out! That's the last thing I said!"
"Sasuke, I'm so sorry."

Sasuke broke the hug, and turned to walk away.

"Take care of yourself, Sasuke."
"You too....Shellie."

Sasuke found himself standing in front of a bar, and walked in.
I won't change my mind! by Smurd
"what'll it be.?" The bartender asked Sasuke.
"The most numbingest thing on the menu."
"Got a case of the heart-aches there Bud?"
"I guess you could say that."

The bartender came back with a tall glass of alcohol.

"On the house Bud, hope ya get to feelin' better."

Sasuke took his drink to a corner table and downed it in a couple drinks.

"Christ, Uchiha, take it slow." An all-too-familiar voice came from a booth two down from Sasuke's.

"Shut it, Hyugga, not now!"
"Whatsa matter, Uchiha, got a little problem?" Neji said mockingly.

"No, Naruto-"
"What, did you and that faggot break up?"
"That's it, Hyugga, outside, now."
"Gladly."

Sasuke stood and walked outside. Neji followed.
As soon as that Hyugga bastard stepped outside, Sasuke busted a dicarded beer bottle across his face.

Blood, glass, and the body of Neji Hyugga now littered the ground in front of the bar.

Neji rolled on thje ground screaming in pain, and holding hs face.

"What the FUCK, UCHIHA!!??"

Sasuke kicked Neji in thestomachwith all his might. Blood spewed from the battered Hyugga's mouth.

"Naruto killed himself last night, fuck face. He killed himself because of me."

Sasuke's hands formed signs in front of him.

*snake* *dragon* *horse* *ram* *bird* *dog*
*ox* *rabbit* *monkey*

Lightning -like chakra formed around Sasuke's hand.

"Chidori!"

Sasuke thrust his hand down towards the Hyugga's chest with blind rage.
I'll make Things Right. by Smurd
Something slammed into Sasuke's side, knocking him to the ground seconds before he struck the fatal blow on Neji.

"Sasuke! What are you doing?" the oh-ho-familiar voice sounded again.

"You should've stayed out of it, Shellie, he deserved it."
"WHY?"

Sasuke didn't justify her with an answer. He stood, brushed himself off, turned on his heels with tears in his eyes, and ran, ran without stopping.

Sasuke ran around the village, and back to his home. The runing had cleared his head, but made him feel worse. He'd gotten the buzz of the alcohol out of his system. He thought clearly and realized that it was all his fault. He made Naruto kill himself. It was him.

Sasuke walked into his house and to his room. He pulled a picture of him and Naruto out of an album, and a utility knife out of his bedside table.

The picture was from happier times.It was a swimming day that him and Naruto had. In the picture, they were both shirtleass, Sasuke with his dark blue swim trunks, and Naruto with his bright orange ones. They had their arms around each other, and both wee grinning from ear to ear.

A tear rolled down Sasuke's cheek when he realized that it would never happen again, and it was because of him.

He raised the knife to hs arm and sliced.
Long and deep.
Down a vein pertruding from his arm.

Blood poured, with no end.

Sasuke layed back in his bed, with his picture in hand.

He couldn't live with the thought that he'd killed the only person who gave a damn about him.

He stared at the picture until the blackness overtook his vision and he drifted into a deep nerve-ending slumber.

He hoped he'd see Naruto again soon.
This story archived at http://www.narutofic.org/viewstory.php?sid=7589