stars, crescent moons, and shooting stars by KibaxHinaluvr
Summary: my five OCs find they have the ability to transform into supernatural creatures, such as elven warriors, ninjas, fairy healers, genies, and even one of them can change into a ghost, who has the history of the world shoved into her brain. Along with these newly developed powers, they find themselves thrust into a new world, which has the stink of war everywhere you turn. Will these five teenaged girls be able to help this massacred existence? will they even have to claim lives to lengthen their own?

You can't have a triumph without tragedy.
Categories: Non-Naruto Fiction Characters: None
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Mystery, Romance, Supernatural, Tragedy
Warnings: AU, Dark, Death, OOC
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 4762 Read: 5283 Published: 10/07/07 Updated: 25/07/07

1. OC introductions by KibaxHinaluvr

2. the transformation by KibaxHinaluvr

3. We didn't choose this by KibaxHinaluvr

4. The aquiring of knowledge by KibaxHinaluvr

OC introductions by KibaxHinaluvr
Author's Notes:
I own my OCs

I didn't think of last names for these characters, so bear with me.
Chrys--- Chrys is a feisty 17 year old. She is possibly the most childish of the group, but can get very serious when the situation calls for it. Her best friend, was and always will be, Sean. After a strange sleepover at her friend Celest's home, Chrys finds herself in strange black, baggy clothing. And knows martial arts. Chrys becomes a ninja, and is looked towards, in their group, as the leader. Chrys loves all her friends, and would sacrifice anything in the world for them. But does she have the strength to pull them through this war?

Celest--- Celest, like Chrys, is also 17 years old, but a few months older. Celest is smart, but like Chrys can act childish, even though she is the most mature. Celest is the one who carpools everyone to her own home, school, and other activities. She drives a white, beat-up mini van with enough room for twelve people. Her best friend is Sabbi. After the strange happenings at her sleepover, Celest finds herself in a misshapen body. She has large bat-like wings and ears. Her hair is spiked up from the back, was wearing a metal skirt, and all her teeth had become extremely sharp. Celest had become the elfen warrior, and was the most powerful and fierce of the transformed group. Her job, was the group protector. She was the main fighter, and had been given the body for the job. Could Celest find her old self again, after it had been shoved aside by this new horrible existence?

Sabbi--- Sabbi had always had a knack for cleaing cuts and always knew the right medicine. She had golden blonde hair, and always knows exactly how to excessorise. Her best friend is Celest. After her best friends sleepover, Sabbi found herself in a beautiful body, and in medival princess-type dress. Sabbi had become the fairy healer, and her job in the group was not to fight, but to be the answer after a battle, and heal everyone with her magical healing powers. Can Sabbi master her powers, before someone in the group gets serverely injured, even to the point of death?

Lory--- Lory was the shy one in the group. She always wore her hooded shirt, and long, baggy jeans. She could have easily been the most beautiful of the group, but was too afraid to crack out of her shell. Lory was the newest to the group, but graviated towards Chrys and Sean as her best friends. After the sleepover, Lory found herself in skimpy clothes. She wore extremely short shorts, and had a solid bra, with see-through cloth attached to it. She wore a cap on her head, with a hole in the back, where her hair spilled out into a ponytail. Lory was the genie, and her job was to get information from enemies through a spell of seduction. Will Lory ever be able to master the spell that helps draw the enemy in, or will her shyness bring out the worst, and destroy the group?

Sean--- Sean is a girl. She hates her name, thinking it is only for boys. Sean got teased constantly, until she met Celest, Sabbi, and Lory. Her only friend for a little while was Chrys, and that had created an unbreakable bond between the two of them. And it went without saying that Chrys was her best friend. Before the sleepover, Sean was normal. Then, she found herself in a tree-covered world, and she had the power to turn into a ghost. Her brain was bursting with the knowledge of everything in the world. She had so much brain power, the mystical ability to read minds came naturally to her. Her role in the group was to learn of the enemies tactics, and supply them with the knowledge they needed, and to sneak into enemy camps. Will the knowledge that helps the group so much be Seans downfall?
the transformation by KibaxHinaluvr
Author's Notes:
i only own my five OCs, and the new world.

enjoy the beginning. R&R PLEASE!!!
Chrys ran down the hallway of their soon to be deserted school. She spotted her target, and pounced. Her target was her friend, Celest, who in moments would be finding herself toppling towards the sneaker-scuffed floor.
"Celest! It summer vacation!" Chrys yelled into Celest's ear after se had jumped onto her victim, sending Celest into Sabbi, and knocking her over too.
"Yes," Celest started while she pushed the new-comer off of herself," I'm quite aware that it is summer, Chrys."

Lory had been walking towards them when Chrys had set off the falling, and hurried forwards to help the dazed Sabbi up.
"Oh no. Its a Popular." Celest said, with menace in her voice.

The said 'popular', walked by them, slowing when she got near and sneered at the four girls. When she was gone, they looked at each other. They were all dirty from the floor, except for Lory. They headed towards the school parking lot, cracking up.
"Crap." Chrys said, pointing towards Celest's van.

Leaning against the side of the white van, was Sean, who looked mad.
"Where. Have. You. Been." Sean muttered through her clenched teeth.
Lory started to explain, when Celest saw another Popular coming. She herded them all quickly into the scuffed-up van, and rushed to the drivers side door, got in, and started the old car. Thankfully, they got out of the parking lot before they had another encounter with a Popular.

Sabbi was sitting in the passengers seat, like always, and Chrys, Sean, and Lory were laughing in the middle row of the old twelve-seater. They went through a stop light right before it turned red, and Celest kissed her fingers then pressed them to the ceiling of the van. She had the weird knack of doing that. The old thing had transported the five throughout their high school lives. Weather it be sports practices, rides home, school functions, whatever it was, the van was where they were half of the time. And so it wasn't unfair to Celest, they split the gas money, even though the van had great gas mileage.

They made it to Celest's house, and piled out of the car, each racing towards the front door, whooping and chanting "Summer time is here!"

They ran, giggling like seventh graders, into the house, and grabbed the sleeping bags from the closet and threw them down onto Celests bedroom floor. As soon as that was done, everyone except for Celest, ran and jumped onto her bedspread.
"I LOOOOVE your comforter Celest!" Lory stated, while snuggling into one of the pillows Celest didn't use.
"Agreed." Chrys said.
"Agreed." Sabbi said.
"And agreed." Sean finished.

They did that every time they went over to their friends' home, and were able to go onto her bed. There was always a compitition on who would start the chain. Celest rolled her eyes, and jumped onto the bed, too, just missing Sabbi's hand.
"Oops." Celest said, noticing her folly.

This just grew until a pillow fight emerged and throughout the rest of the night they did sleepover stuff. The important stuff would be saved for last, after the pillow fights, the ooey, gooey snack foods, and the fights that broke out regularly but never lasted more than five minutes. And that all important thing was, of course, gossiping and rating boys from the previous school year from one to ten. Most of the boys said were usually gross ones that got somewhere around negative ten. Sometimes ten thosand.

But then, after they exhausted the things to talk about, and had gone through last years yearbook, labeling people as, 'popular and annoying', 'popular, but nice', 'hot jocks', and anything from 'geek' to 'goddess'; came the winding down. An awkward silence would ensue, and someone would be brave enough to voice the dreaded thought that had entered each of their minds by then: going to sleep.

Going to sleep meaning the end of the best part of the sleepover. The non-sleeping bit. When you go to sleep, you have maybe one hour, possibly two after waking up, before the parents come to pick their kid up, and the group is narrowed down slowly, but surely, by the parents who seek to ruin their lives.

"Why don't we go to bed now?" Sean asked sadly.
A murmured collectiong of 'okays' and grumbled responses filled the room like dead weight, bringing the sleep into each of their eyes.

They wandered towards their sleeping bags, except for Sabbi, who was drawn to the window.
"Guys, come look at this." Sabbi said, then yawned.

They all scrambled up and walked over to the window. The image that met their eyes, was a beautiful cresent moon, with a insanely bright star right by the upper part of it.
"No way! Look over there!" Chrys whispered, stunned, pointing towards the night sky above them.

Coming across the sky, was a shooting star.
"Make a wish." Lory said quietly.
The five girl closed their eyes, and each made there wish.
'I wish that i can always protect my friends...' Chrys wished sliently.
'I wish that the Populars were gone, and with them gone i can realise my true strength.' Celest whispered, no sound coming out.
'I wish that i will become a doctor or nurse some day, and cure people.' Sabbi urged in her head.
'I wish i wasn't so shy.' Lory thought, longingly.
'I wish i was smarter, and the five of us could stay together.' Sean said in her head.


Umbekownst the to girls the shooting star was pashingright across the bottom of the moon it seemed, right when they were wishing. It stopped for a brief fifteen seconds. Anyone else who might have been watching the shooting star would have just rubbed thir eyes, and blamed it on tiredness since it was one o'clock in the morning.

The girls opened their eyes in unison, and watched the shooting star make its dazaling exit.
"Well, thats that." Chrys said sleepily.
"Lets go to sleep." Sean said, mimicing Sabbi and yawned.

The other girls nodded and the collapsed on their sleeping bags, and all fell asleep immediately.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Chrys felt herself waking up, and the world around her slightly coming into focus. The world she saw was definitly NOT Celest's bedroom. She rubbed her eyes furiously, hoping when she opened them again, Celests room would be back. I'll just tell you one thing.

It wasn't.

The world around her was green. But not the lime green of Celests walls, but a dark green. The ground was abundant with moss, and the clearing they were in, surrounded by an army of huge willow and oak trees. Their sleeping bags were gone.

Chrys started hyperventiling. She was glad that no-one else was awake yet. She held herself, and felt her body fall to the side, and herself curling up into an egg-type shape.

Sean started to stir beside her, and came to her own realisation, and ended up on the ground, not only hyperventilating, but sobbing and saying incoherent words.

Eventually, Chrys got up, a solemn look on her face. She kicked the others in the side, waking them up.

She had gotten her wish. She had to protect her friend now.

Chrys's eyes widened in fear when she thought about how there was something wrong with Celest. Those weren't blanket covering her. They were giant, ugly bat wings.

And those weren't comfort clothes that Lory was wearing. Those were skimpy clothes that Chrys had only seen on men-seducers.

And it wasn't just her eyes. Sean was flickering between a transparent look and her solid form.

Sabbi looked like a princess in her dress, and crown. And the sparkles that seemed just like another part of her skin.

While the other four were becoming aware to their new forms, Chrys looked down, afraid to see what had happened to her. She looked normal, except for the black baggy clothes she wore. A white strap tied around her abdomen and waist. She was what was in her shows. She was a ninja.

And tatooed on the back of her right hand, a symbol of sorts? A cresent moon, with a star near it's upper part. And a shooting star going through the moon on the bottom half. These symbols were somewhere different on each of them.

For Sean, it was on her left ankle, on the outside.

For Sabbi, it was where her usual trendy necklace gem was, right below her neck, on the middle upper part of her chest.

For Lory, it was on her lower back, above the top of her shorts.

And for Celest, who was freaking out because of her large ears, sharpened teeth, and bat-like wings, it was on the back of her left hand. Just the opposite of Chrys.

The only good part of this situation was that their wishes on the shooting star were granted. These oppotunities would present themselves.

Chrys was to lead the group.

Celest was to protect the group with her newly found brute strength.

Sabbi would be their healer.

Lory would get the information.

And Sean had the worlds knowledge and could change into a ghost, to infiltrate the enemy camps.

They each had there own purposes, and would have to fill these purposes, or the group would fall, and they would most certainly die.
We didn't choose this by KibaxHinaluvr
Author's Notes:
i own my five OCs, the Daggers, and Rokumfinia. Please do not steal these or my plot, unless i have given you promission.

Review please!!
Celest felt her body shaking. She tried to run her toungue over her teeth, but her toungue started bleeding. So, exploring these new things, she tried to move her shoulder blades, thinking that might move her wings. She almost dry-retched when the huge wings brushed against her back.

Then a thought occured to Celest. She rapidly moved her shoulder blades, and felt her feet leave the ground. She, she was...
"Ah!!!!!" Sabbi screamed, eyes wide, pointing up to Celest and soon all four of the girls were staring up in shock at Celest.
"I-i'm flying!" Celest yelled down, a scared smile spreading across her open mouth.

She flew across the clearing, feeling so free! The beating of the wings against her back started to feel so natural, and she ever forgot how she was moving her wings. She just needed to think she wanted to fly, and she was.

A devious thought darted through Celest's mind, and her smiled evily. She swooped down towards Sabbi, and picked her up by her shoulders. Of course Sabbi was screaming at first, but when she felt how cool flying was she was yelling "WHEE!" giddily.

Sean, Lory, and Chrys were jumping up and down, yelling "Me next!!"

Celest smiled, and wondered about something. Sabbi hadn't even felt the slightest bit heavy. In fact, it was like she wasn't even holding anything, yet there she was.

Celest flew down, and yelled,"All aboard!"

She had Sean climb onto her back, held Lory in the crook of her right arm, and Chrys by her left crook. She looked at Sabbi, and thought. She told Sabbi to turn around, and almost laughed when she saw a, extra padded spot on the back of her dress. Celest bit down onto it and started to move her wings.

Surprisingly, the load of four other girls was still not too much. Like she was only carring one person. She flew upwards, and smiled at the screaming girls.
"There are too many people! We'll crash!" Lory screamed at the top of her voice.
Sean, Chrys, and Sabbi joined Lory in yelling those things at Celest, who had a bored look on her face.
"Why not pay attention?" Celest mumbled through the cloth in her mouth.

They were flying around easily around the field. Next the screams were of joy. After a few minutes, Celest glided down, and let everyone go. A mixture of 'awws' and grumpy growls filled Celest's ears. But that didn't drown out the sound of something rustling in the bushes surrounding them.
I need a weapon!! Celest thought in a panic.

A piece of wood, with three things grown off of it on different places appeared before Celest. The main growth was a club. She knocked it lightly against one of her thick metal skirt parts. The metal bent. Celest felt her eyes widen.

The one closest to the club was a curved sword. It looked like a scythe. On the same metal part of her skirt, she slid the sword across gently. The metal clinked to the ground.

And the last fixture was a removable dagger. As sharp as the scythe, but not curved. She chose this one, and pulled it out of the wood as a huge jungle cat leapt out of the bushes.

Ignoring her beating heart, Celest yelled over her shoulder for the others to stay behind her. Celest walked forward slowly, a menace in her eyes. The cat and her circled for a second, then the cat pounced. Right when she thought the cat would get her, it bounced off of a red tinted shield-type thing.

Celest looked over at the others, and saw Sabbi holding out her hands, the tattooed moon, star, and shooting star, lit up.
"Did you do that Sabbi?" Celest mouthed to her.
Sabbi nodded, looking very scared.
Celest grinned, and gave her a thumbs up, as if to tell her to lower the shield.

Celest walked up to the semi-conscience cat, and stabbed it where she supposed the heart was. Celest must have been correct, because the cat that was about to strike, lowered its paw, and died.

Celest had a hardened look on her face, and turned to the others. Saw a surprised look on the others faces, and then felt a slash of a blade across her back. She turned slowly around, and looked up at a tall man. She backed away slowly, and held a hand up to the long cut on her back. She brought her hand back, and it had warn, sticky blood on it.

But her back didn't hurt.

She smirked at the man, knelt down, took her dagger out of the dead cat, and got into fighting stance.

The man's eyes widened.
"You have dagger?" The man said in a gruff voice that didn't sound like it was used much.
Celest nodded smugly.
The man smiled.
"Friend." He said dumbly. He lumbered forward, and tried to pick her up.

Celest backed up, scared. She turned and ran back to the other four, and yelled at Sean to get on her back while she grabbed the other three.
"But, the cut!" Sean yelled.
"It doesn't hurt, now get on!" Celest yelled.
"No, I think i can fly too!" Sean countered, and slowly faded away.

A voice came from above them.
"Come on, aren't you coming?" Sean yelled in smugness.'
Celest flipped her head back, indicating to Sabbi to get on her back. Once she was on safely, Celest shot upward, and yelled at Sean to follow her, and got a okay and a smack upside the head from Sean.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Celest landed in another clearing after at least thirty minutes of flying. Sean, who was becoming visible again, landed beside her while Chrys, Lory, and Sabbi got off of Celest.

Sabbi pushed Celest forward, and before Celest could try to get up, yelled at her to stay down. Sabbi began to tend to Celest's wound.

The other walked the other way and started talking, far enough away where Celest and Sabbi couldn't hear them.
"Celest is a freak now!" Lory said frightened.
"Yeah, she said that wound didn't even hurt!" Sean said.
"But she prtected us, guys." Chrys said reasonably.
"So!? She killed an animal while at it." Lory said, face turning red.
"An animal that would have killed us." Chrys countered.
"Change of subject." Sean said.

They continued to talk about their own powers. When Celest was stiched up, she walked over to her club. She picked it up, and walked over to a willow tree. She flew upwards and cut off the part with all the leaves. she did this to three other willow trees. Then she cut down at least fifteen trees.

The other ignored her, figuring she was just testing her new powers. They held a small meeting, and declared that Chrys was the leader. They finished their meeting after another hour maybe, and turned around to see a little shelter. Celest was putting the finishing touches, the roof of willow tree leaves, on the little shelter.

Shocked, they walked inside, and saw five piles of leaves, and grass for their beds. Celest walked in behind them.
"Not too shabby, huh?" Celest said, collapsing down on the 'bed' nearest to her, and passed out from exhaustion.

The other four followed soon after. They had an exhausting day, and that was no lie.

Before Chrys and Sean went to sleep, Sean whispered to chrys,"We didn't ask for this."

Chrys nodded."I know. I know."
The aquiring of knowledge by KibaxHinaluvr
Author's Notes:
now up is... Sean!

Disclaimer: I Do not own naruto
Chrys awoke on the hard ground. Apparently, Sean who was in the leaf pile, aka 'bed', next to her own, had kicked Chrys off of her own 'bed'. After she had made sure it was vacated, Sean had spread her feet out onto it.

Chrys scrunched her face up into a pout very similar to the pout of a certain 'fox' that Chrys had liked writing about, as well as watching. Not even thinking abot it, she thrust her hand upwards, then threw it downwards.

Sean hadn't woken up before her leaf pile was cut cleanly down middle, causing Sean to fall onto her bottom, onto the same ground that she had subconsciencously kicked Chrys onto.

Sean shot upwards, and automatically looked towards the slumbering Celest. She scratched her head the was slowly going out and into focus. Then a thought must have occured to her. She turned her head slowly, as though the murdering doll in a horror movie, towards the exact place where Chrys was sitting, with an exageratted look of innocence set onto her face. Sean was about to say something, but cringed over where she was sitting, holding her head and let out a loud cry of pain, that awoke Celest, Sabbi, and Lory.

Chrys shot upwards, and ran the few steps to Sean, afraid that it was her fault.
It was when Sean was surrounded, she said something.
"My... Head...!" She managed to squeeze out though her tightly clenched teeth. Then she shot back up, looking fine.
"Friend. Noun. A person whom one knows, likes, and trusts. A person whom one knows; an acquaintance. A person with whom one is allied in a struggle or cause; a comrade. One who supports, sympathizes with, or patronizes a group, cause, or movement: examples: Chrys, Lory, and Sabbi."

While Sean was shooting off more definitions, Celest was scratching her head, wondering why her name was not metioned. She shrugged the thought away, smiling a little.
"Can you give us the definition of beast?" Celest inquired, seriously.
Sean nodded curtly.
"Beast. Noun. Any nonhuman animal, especially a large, four-footed mammal. example: Celest." Sean said, a distant look in her eyes.

Celest's eyes widened, then closed a little.
"Uh, I think im going to pack up the hut. We shouldn't stay in one place for too long. For now how about all of you leave, and go talk or something in the clearing. I won't be too long." Celest said, trying to conceal the hurt behind a smile.

Chrys picked up Sean, who was spitting out other 'b' words that come after Beast in the dictionary. Sabbi looked like she was going to stay, and talk to Celest, but Chrys just tugged on her arm and shook her head. Someone classified as 'friend' trying to cheer her up wouldn't make Celest feel any better. Lory was already out of the hut, sitting on the grass like twenty feet away, thinking.

Chrys led the blabbing Sean outside by the arm, Sabbi following a few steps behind.

They reached Lory, and Chrys slapped Sean across the mouth, like they did in western movies to shut someone up. Sean turned her head, as though waking up, and looked around, confused.
"What happened? One moment my head hurts, then I blacked out." Sean said, slowing down when she saw the looks of confusion on the other three faces.
"Why did you say that?" Sabbi said, who looked like she was on the verge of crying.

"What did I say? Where is Celest? What the hell happened!?" Sean say getting more impatient with every word she said.

Sabbi looked up from the ground where she had fixated her eyes. They looked coldly confused, like she couldn't decide to be mad, or sympathetic for the lost memory.

Chrys couldn't take the looks Sabbi was giving her best friend anymore.
"Stop looking at her as though she is the devil!" Chrys said, looking with her dagger eyes at Sabbi.
"Well, she just called my best friend a beast! How else am I supposed to look at her. Like an angel!?" Sabbi said, her face flushing in anger.

But after Sabbi said that, Sean just turned to look at her with the most horrified face.
"I said that outloud...?" She said, eyes wide, mouth hanging open, and looked horrible.
"W-what, else... did i say??" Sean said, desperation in her voice. She got up and grabbed the collar of Chrys's robes, and asked again, practically yelling.
"What Else Did I Say!?!"
"You put out the definition of 'friend' and listed all of us...." Chrys didn't have the courage to finish the sentence.
"...Except for Celest." Lory finished for Chrys, speaking for the first time that day.

Sean turned towards the hut that was being taken down. Celest was flying around it, being able to discard the leaves that made up the roof, onto the ground. Sean turned back to the group.
"At least i didn't say anything else, huh?" She whispered to Chrys, regret filling her voice. Chrys nodded solemnly.

A weird shadow appeared over their heads, and they looked up they saw Celest. She smiled weakly in the direction of Chrys. Then she landed onto the ground, and spoke to Sabbi and Sean.
"Sabbi, Sean. I was wondering, do you think we should keep the wood from the hut? Or just cut down more trees when we come to the next clearing?" Celest said, obviously asking Sean because of the newly aquired knowledge that she had.

Sean thought for maybe a couple of seconds.
"We should probably save these, so those people who tried to take you, Celest, won't know where we were. We might even be able to return here." Sean said matter-of-factly.

Celest nodded, gave a quick smile, and flew back into the air, disembling the hut.

Sean watched Celest for a few more moments, and turned to the others. Sabbi was already gone, off the help Celest. Lory had fallen backwards, humming "It's not Over" by Daughtry quietly. Chrys was playing with a stick she found on the ground, teasing an ant. She looked back to Celest and Sabbi, and saw Sabbi throwing mud playfully at Celest, who picked Sabbi up and threw her into a leaf pile, laughing hard.

I'm sorry, Celest. I didn't mean those things I said. Sean thought, very hard and hoping very much that the thought would reach Celest.

To Sean's large surprise, Celest looked up, and tilted her head to the side, looking at Sean. She looked as though she were hard in thought, and suddenly a thought that wasn't her own entered Sean's head.
I want to forgive you Sean, but I know what you said, you held true. I can't just forgive you on a whim.

And Sean was surprised. Usually Celest was so understanding. Sean started to finger her lip in anticipation. She really and truly was sorry, but no matter how hard she tried to believe she had changed, she still saw Celest as a Beast. Then she resolved in her head, that she would try to she Celest as a friend again, and nodded, smiling at the person she was trying to see as a friend. She waved lightly, and turned, running towards Chrys, picking up a stick in the process, challenging her to a fake sword fight.

Sean really and truly believed everything would be alright now.

__________________________________________________________
just out of sheer whim, I would like to know who your favorite character is. If you do decide to review just throw in a name or something. Thanks!
~oto-chan
This story archived at http://www.narutofic.org/viewstory.php?sid=5635