Wolf Summons by Deyna
Summary: Tala and her wolf summon, Uru, return from a six year long mission to find that everything has changed. KibaXOC
Categories: OC-centric Characters:
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 14 Completed: Yes Word count: 15450 Read: 17825 Published: 28/07/06 Updated: 10/09/06

1. The Girl by Deyna

2. Kiba dear by Deyna

3. The Mission by Deyna

4. Tala's Team by Deyna

5. Yukio-sensei by Deyna

6. The Team by Deyna

7. The Road Back To Konoha by Deyna

8. The Locket by Deyna

9. Hokage's Birthday by Deyna

10. Uchiha by Deyna

11. Tala's Ability by Deyna

12. The Fight by Deyna

13. Someday by Deyna

14. Epilogue by Deyna

The Girl by Deyna
Author's Notes:
This is set six years after the start of the series.
Uru= the short version of the japanese word for wolf.
Tala= Native American name for wolf.
I know the name Tala isn't Japanese. I will adress that fact in the story.

Please Review! Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto
Deep in the mountains, near the western border of wind country, snow whipped a young traveler's fur-lined hood back. She quickly shielded her face from the cold. The wind tossed her long dark hair around. Her companion, a large female tundra wolf, nudged the hood back into place.
"Thanks Uru" The girl said.
They continued on for several hours to their destination, a temple at the mountain's peak. They walk through the worn down old doors and up to a plain wooden chest. It's locked. She makes several hand signs and the chest opens. Inside the chest is a single huge scroll.
"I've finally found it." She says as she picks it up.
"All those years for a simple scroll" Uru scoffed at her.
"It's not just a scroll. It's THE scroll" The girl replied.
"Whatever"
The girl walked out of the temple and began to descend the mountain.
"Wait! What now?" Uru yelled behind her.
"Now we deliver our package."
"But, I've never left the mountains before!"
"There's a first time for everything. Come on!"
The girl walks down the mountain followed by the wolf.
"So Tala, where exactly are we going?"
"The village hidden in the leaves." Tala answered.


They walked with the scroll on Tala's back. When they reached fire country, Tala whistled for one of the messenge birds that she knew would be nearby. She placed a messenge of her return with the scroll to the Sandaime Hokage.
"I wonder how things have changed in the six years I've been gone." She thought to herself.
Her thoughts were suddenly interupted by the cry of an animal.
"What's that, Uru?"
"A dog. It's in trouble. Come on!"
Uru ran southeast to the source of the sound. She found a large white dog being attacked by a group of sound nins. Uru growled at them.
"What's that? A little puppy come to help?" One of them said.
"You'll regret that!" Uru growled.
Tala finally caught up. She jumped up in the air and used two sets of hand signs. The second one was a transformation jutsu to transform into a wolf. The first one was a delayed fire jutsu. She charged at the sound nins and sent fire flying out of her mouth. The sound nin retreated when they realized they were out matched. Tala transformed back into herself.
"That's odd. I don't recognize the symbol on their forehead protectors."
"Tala, this beast is hurt."
The dog had several gashes in its side and back. It whimpered as it licked itself off.
"Uru, go get help. I'll take care of him."
Uru dashed off to find help. Tala took off her pack and approached the dog. It growled in fear.
"It's alright little one. I don't want to hurt you. Look I'll untie my weapins pouch"
She took off her weapons. The dog calmed down a little.
"There now. It's okay." She said as she cleaned and bandaged his wounds.
"These don't look so deep. You just need a good rest."
She hummed a soft lulluby to help him sleep. Unfortunately it made her tired too. She drifted off to sleep with her head on his soft, furry, stomach.



Kiba was furious.
"I can't believe they lured Akumaru away in the middle of the night."
"I'm sure we'll find him Kiba-kun." Hinata said.
A bug landed on Shino's finger.
"There's a big animal coming this way." Shino said.
"Maybe it's Akumaru!" Kiba yelled.
As he was running to meet Akumaru the animal came of of he shrubbery and collided with him.
"What the..." Kiba said.
"Watch it, I'm in a hurry." The animal said.
Kiba looed at it, surprised.
"You can talk."
"All summonning wolves can talk, baka."
"Excuse me..." Hinata stopped speaking as the wolf glared at her.
"What??!!!"
"Have you seen a big white dog around here?"
"You're looking for it? Why?"
"Where's Akumaru? Tell me???!!!!!"
"Relax and follow me."
She ran off in the direction of Tala. Kiba follow close behind, followed by Hinata and Shino.
They arrived at the scene to find Tala and Akumaru, both asleep.
"Akumaru!" Kiba yelled when he saw all the bandages.
Tala opened her eyes.
"Ssshhhhhhh, don't wake him up. He's fine. I was able to treat the wounds, but he should see a medical nin for healing."
"Kiba-kun, she's right. I used my Byukagan. Akumaru-kun will be alright." Hinata said.
That calmed Kiba down.
"So he's fine?"
"Yes." Tala replied.
"So, Who are you?" Shino asked.
"My name's Tala, and this is my wolf summon, Uru."
"Tala, that's an odd name." Hinata said.
"I'm not exactly from around here."
"But you have a Konoha forehead protector on."
"It's complicated."
"Okay, my name's Hinata, and these are my teammates Kiba-kun and Shino-kun."
"Hello." Shino said.
Kiba ignored her and continued to frown over Akumaru.
"Kiba-kun, don't you want to say hello?" Hinata said.
"Nice to meet you, Tala-chan." Kiba growled.
Akumaru opens his eyes and yawns.
"Akumaru!!" Kiba explains.
Akumaru barks his greeting.
"Where are you headed, Tala-chan?" Hinata asked.
"To Konoha."
"We'd be happy to escort you there."
"Thank you. I have already sent news of my arrival to Sandaime Hokage."
"Sandaime Hokage?" Shino asked.
Kiba looks up.
"You must have been gone a really long time." He said.
"What do you mean?"
"Sandaime Hokage died five years ago." Hinata said.
"I see. My mission is still important though. I must get this scroll to the Hokage."
Tala hold up the scroll attached to her pack.
"What's so inportant about that?" Kiba asked.
"It contains ancient jutsus, locked away by the first Hokage."
"Then I guess we'd better get it to Konoha, right Akumaru?"
Akumaru barked.
The start walking to Konoha.
"Tala-chan, if you don't mind me asking, why are you wearing that heavy fur-lined coat?"
"Oh, I guess I just got so used to it. After living in the mountains for six years it just seems natural."
Tala takes off the coat to reveal a white dress underneath. Kiba stares at her.
"Man, She's pretty." He thinks.
Of course, while he's staring at her he forgets to look where he's going and runs straight into a tree.
"Are you alright, Kiba-kun?" Tala asks him.
"Yeah, Just fine." He replies.
"Man, I'm such a clutz!" He thinks to himself.
Kiba dear by Deyna
At Hokage tower, Tsunade is talking to Iruka.
"So, what do you know about this scroll?" Tsunade asked.
"It contains ancient jutsus."
"That's all you know?"
"Most people don't even think it exists. The only reason the third sent Tala on the mission was because she requested it."
"Why on earth would someone request a mission to find something that might not exist?"
"Because she had nothing left to stay for."
"What do you mean?"
"Fifteen years ago a three year old child was found wondering around in the forest. She had no recollection of how she got there, all she knew was that her name was Tala and she had come across the ocean in a boat. We tried to fnd her parents, but there was no one who wasn't from around here who even resembled her dark hair and skin. The village took her in, alot like Naruto, except she wasn't hated. In fact, no one even seemed to notice her. Her jutsus were mediocre, but she was great at gathering information. That's what let her graduate from the academy an entire year early. She got placed on a pretty good team and competed in the chuunin exam before the one where the sound attacked. Soon after becoming a chuunin, her team was anbushed and she was the only one who survived. She took it really badly."
" I see. No friends or family." Tsunade pondered.
"Hokage-sama." Shizune interuppted.
"Yes?"
"There is a Tala-chan here to see you. She is accompanied by Hyuuga-chan, Aburame-kun, and Inuzuka-kun."
"Send them in."
Shizune leaves.
"Thank you Iruka-san. You may go."
Iruka poofs away. Tala and Kiba's team enters, along with, to Tsunade's surprise, a white wolf.
"Hokage-sama, I have brought th forbidden scroll from the mountains at the western border of Wind Country." Tala says as she takes the scroll off her back.
"Good job, Tala-chan. I'll have it locked away." She said, staring at the wolf.
Tala noticed her staring.
"This is Uru, my wolf summon."
"Don't animal summons usually only come around to fight?"
"Yes, but she likes it better here."
"Very well, you're a chuunin correct?"
"Yes."
"Good. One of our chunnin teams' members is off on an ANBU mission for the next few weeks. You will join that team temporarily. You are dismissed."
They all walk out of Hokage tower.
"So, what about this team that I'm temporarily joining?"
"My cousin Neji-san is on an ANBU mission. The other team member are Tenten-chan and Rock Lee-kun." Hinata said.
"Tenten-chan and Lee-kun?" Tala looked sick.
"Whats wrong Tala?" Uru asked.
"We were in the same class at the academy. We weren't exactly friends."
"Hey, that's why we didn't recognize you. You were in the class ahead of us." Said Kiba, completely unaware of Tala's dread.
Hinata looked at Tala worriedly. She knew how tough her cousin could be on people.
"You'll meet them tomorrow. You should go home and get some sleep."
"Actually..... I kind of don't have anywhere to go. I have been gone for six years."
"It's time for dinner." Shino said.
"You're right, man, I'm starving." Kiba said.
"I suppose I could get some food. " Tala said.
"I suggest we let Tala-chan pick where we go for dinner." Hinata said.
"Whatever, lets just eat." Kiba retorted.
Akumara barked in agreement.
"I do like ramen." Tala siad.
"Ramen it is. Come on, lets go!"
Kiba and Akumaru took off to the ramen shop with the others trying to catch up.
When they arrived they saw a commotion at one of the tables.
Hinata turned to a pink haired girl standing nearby, looking annoyed.
"Sakura-chan, what's going on?"
"Those idiots, Naruto and Lee, are having an eating contest."
She stopped using kun when talking about those two a long time ago.
"Ummm, why don't we sit over there?" Tala pointed to a booth on the other side of the restaurant.
Sakura looked over at Tala.
"Hi, I'm Sakura."
"My name is Tala."
"Guys, come on, I'm starving." Kiba whined.
"Shut up, dog boy." Uru retorted.
Akumaru growled ar Uru. They all sat down.
Ayame came over and took their orders.
While they were waiting for their food, Kiba's mother walked by.
"Oh, hello Kiba dear. Who is your new friend?" She asked.
"Hi, mom." Kiba growled, "This is Tala-chan."
"It's nice to meet you Tala-chan. Is this your wolf summon."
"Yes, this is Uru." Tala said.
"It's nice to meet you." Uru said with a deep bow.
"What a polite young wolf. Do you twolive nearby."
"Actually we just got back from a rather long mission and have no apartment." Tala said.
"Then, you two should stay with us. I'm sure Uru would love to have the dogs as company."
"But, Mom!" Kiba interjected.
"Kiba dear, be polite."
"Thank you, I would be honored to stay with you."
"Great, I'll go set up the guest bedroom for you. Kiba dear, show her where we live once you all get finished with your dinner."
"Yes, Mom." Kiba scowled.
She left to go prepare a guest room.
"What was that for???!!!!!" Kiba yelled at Tala.
"What?"
"You know what!!"
"I don't think I do."
"Never mind." Kiba mumbled
They ate the rest of their meal in silence. When they finished Hinata and Shino payed their bills and left. Tala set her money on the table.
"One good thing about a six year mission. The pay is great."
"Whatever." Kiba mumbled.
Kiba payed his bill and walked out of the restaurant, past the sleeping Naruto and Rock Lee, who had eaten entirely too much. Tala followed him out.
"Kiba-kun?"
"What?!!"
"Do you hate me?"
"Huh?" Kiba answered softly.
"You've been angry ever since your mother invited me to stay with you."
"No, I don't hate you."
"Hey, Tala want me to kill this dog boy for you?" Uru growled.
"No, Uru. Just relax."
"Fine."
"Come on. My house is this way." Kiba said.
Tala followed him.
"So, why were you angry?"
"I don't want to talk about it."
"Why?"
"I just don't okay!!!"
"Okay, Okay, calm down."
"Sorry."
They walked the rest of the way, completely silent and lost in thought. Tala was thinking about why Kiba was angry and Kiba was thinking why on earth his mother would invite Tala to stay with them.
"We're here." Kiba announced.
Tala looked at the big building that is the Inuzuka compound.
"Not bad."
Kiba's mom rushed out to greet them.
"Oh good, you're here. Come in and out of the cold."
They walk inside. Kiba's father is sitting in a big chair.
"Thank you for allowing me to stay here, Inuzuka-sama." Tala says as she bows.
Kiba's father is surprised and flattered by her formality.
"It's nice to meet such a fine young ninja." He says.
"Right this way Tala-chan." Kiba's mom says as she shows the girl to her room.
"Here you go. Right next to Kiba's."
"Thank you."
"What?!! Right next to mine???!!!!"
"Kiba dear, be quiet."
"Yes, mom."
"Now Tala, if you need anything just ask Kiba."
"Okay."
Tala and Kiba walked into their respective rooms. Tala set her things down onto her bed and thought.
"I wonder why she gave me this room."
Meanwhile, Kiba's mother was talking to his father.
"That was an devious thing you did there." Kiba's father said.
"I don't know what you're talking about. And even if I did, I was just giving Kiba a nudge in the right direction."
"Whatever you say dear."
The Mission by Deyna
Author's Notes:
This one took a while to write, major writers' block. Tell me what you think of it.
Tala awoke to the sound of dogs barking. She sat up and looked out the window. It was dawn.
"So that's why this room doesn't have an alarm clock. The dogs wake the whole neighborhood up. Since there's no snooze button I'd better get up."
Tala got out of bed, took a shower in the nearby bathroom, and put her practice cloths on, a white tank top and white pants. She put on her white fingerless gloves.
"I guess wearing white doesn't make me blend in so much any more. Oh well, I still like the clothes, even if they don't make me blend in."
She began to brush out her thick, dark brown hair when there was a knock at the door.
"Come in."
Kiba entered.
"Hey, ummm...." He stopped when he saw her.
"Yes?"
"Ummmm..."
"Are you going to just stand there all day?"
"I'll walk you to the training grounds if you want." He finally managed to spit out.
Tala puled her hair into a long braid.
"Thanks, it's been a while since I trained around here. I would probably be lost in an instant."
Uru and Akumaru met them outside. Akumaru had been introduing Uru to the Inuzuka dogs.
"Tala, I don't like this place."
"Uru, the Inuzuka's are being nice enough to let us stay here. You should be grateful. Besides you and Akumaru seem to be getting along great."
The four of them walked to the training grounds. When they arrived, TenTen and Rock Lee were already there. Tala took one look at them and wanted to run.
"See ya, Tala-chan." Kiba said, completely oblivious to her dread, as he left her there with them. Tala took a deep breath and approach them.
"Hi, Lee-kun."
"Tala-chan! I see that youth is alive within you. Who is your youthful companion?"
"Ummm... Thanks. This is Uru."
Tala looked over at TenTen. She had a big scowl on her face.
"It's good to see you again." Tala said to TenTen.
Another scowl. Tala winced. Lee spoke to the two of them.
"You two are to spar while I recieve a mission fom Hokage-sama."
"What???!!!!!!!" TenTen and Tala said at once.
"Gai-sensei's ordsers. I shall see you when I am more youthful than ever."
Lee left to run.
"Well, I guess we......."
Tala was cut off by TenTen's weapons being thrown at her.
"Tala, what does this girl have against you?" Uru asked.
"Her friends on my team. You'd better stay out of this Uru. The two of us have some issues to rresolve."
Tala jumped into a tree and Uru sat back and watched. Tala pulled a dagger from her boot to deflect the weapons. She pulled a second dagger from her other boot and flung it at TenTen. They continued to fight as they day went on.


Kiba arrived at his meeting spot with Shino waiting for him. Walking Tala to her training spot made him a half an hour late.
"You're late." Shino said.
"Yeah yeah, I know. Where's Hinata?"
"With her clan."
"Oh, I remember. The Hyuga's celebrate their clan this weekend. Yours was last weekend right?"
"Yeah."
"I understand that all the ninja shouldn't be unavailible at one time, but this is a pain."
"I believe that's my line," said a voice above them.
Shikamaru was standing in the tree.
"Hey Shikamaru, what's up?"
"Its mission time. The three of us are to work with another team to take the scoll that wolf girl brought to the village hidden in the sand. Two teams of chuunin are required because of the odds that we will be attacked. Plus, all the jonin are out on an important mission already, and this can't wait.""
"Her name's Tala."
"Whatever, all I know is she created tons of problems for the rest of us. This scroll is apparently so powerful that our enemies would do anything to get it. How troublesome."
"Kiba!" a voice interjected.
Kiba looked down the road and saw Naruto running towards them.
"Guess what? I have this great idea for this..... Hey what are you guys doing?" Naruto said.
"Going on a mission." Shikamaru smirked.
"Cool. Can I come? The rest of my team is busy with some clan thing."
"Why not. This whole thing is already incredibly uncool. You would just be the icing on the cake." Shikamaru sulked.
'Whoo hoo. Mission time. Believe it!............. Wait a minute, was that an insult?!!"
"With the power of my youth I have arrived first!!!" Lee yelled from a distance.
Tala and TenTen followed far behind, each one looking grim. Lee had interupted their fight with some comment about enjoying their youth.
"Just when I thought I was done with this thing, I have to tote it back to wind country where I found it." Tala grumbled as she adjusted the scroll on her back.
TenTen shot her another dirty look.
"And with miss sunshine over there none the less." Tala thought as she glanced at TenTen.
Uru walked between the hoping to stop any more fighting.
"I love a good brawl, but they are really annoying. Who talks while they fight any ways? ?........... That blond boy smells like fox. He could be trouble." Uru thought.
"Tala-chan!" Kiba exclaimed.
He blushed when he saw everyone but Tala staring at him. It wasn't like him to care about who was there. He'd usually just make some smart ass comment to Akumaru. Naruto looked slyly at Kiba.
"What's the matter? Do you like .........."
Naruto was cut off Kiba wrestling him to the ground.
"After six years he figure out that Hinata likes him, but he has to figure that one out." Kiba thought.
"How troublesome," Shikamaru thought.
Tala had not heard what Naruto said and looked at the two of them in confusion.
"We should go." Shino said, partly trying to get them moving, but mostly tring to stop Naruto from repeating himself where Tala could hear.
The seven person group left with Kiba whispering death threats to Naruto in the front and Tala trying to avoid TenTen's glares in the back. Everyone else was trying to avoid the tension.



*****************For those of you who may be confused, here is a list of those on the mission:
Naruto
Kiba
Shikamaru
Shino
Rock Lee
Tala
TenTen
Tala's Team by Deyna
Author's Notes:
Okay so this chapter has a few names in it you haven't heard. The names are in the japanese form, so their sur names come first. This is Tala's team:
Sen Tala- earth
Shu Teiji- air
Roka Toshiro-water
Their sensei is:
Hakan Yukio-fire


You may have noticed eack person has an element attached to their name. That is the meaning of their sur name and describes them.
Here's the meanings of the first names:
Tala: Wolf
Toshiro: Talented
Teiji: Well governed
Yukio: Gets what he wants

These describe them as well.

Just thought it would be fun to know. Tell me what you think.
The group had been traveling for quite some time, when they neared the border of fire and wind countries. They decided to stop and rest. Tala pulled the hug scroll of her back and set it down.
"So Tala-chan, what's in the scroll?" Naruto asked.
Uru stepped in front of Tala and began to growl.
"Uru, what's the matter?" Tala asked.
"That THING stinks of fox chakra."
Naruto shrunk back at that remark.
"So maybe he was just around a fox. Relax Uru, sometimes I think your ability to sniff out chakra is too strong. I'm sorry, Naruto-kun. What were you saying?"
"What's in the scroll?" Naruto asked again, more timidly, avoiding the wolf's glare.
"Anceint jutsu from long ago. I don't know what exactly. I was under strict orders not to open it."
"Why?"
"I don't know. I guess it's because of the power it holds. The jutsus in it are even more powerful than the ones in the secret scrolls in the village. The only reason I was sent to retrieve it at all was because the village's enemies were looking for it. Sandaime Hokage couldn't let that kind of power fall into the wrong hands."
"Then why are we taking it to Suna?"
"I don't know."
Shikamaru had been listening to Tala and Naruto's conversation.
"So she doesn't know then." Shikamaru thought.
"Hey Shikamaru! Where exactly are we taking this scroll thing?"
"To the Kazekage. In fact, we should get moving."
"Aawwwwwww....... but we just got here," Naruto whined.
"Don't worry, our youth shall give us the stamina we need!" Lee exclaimed.
Tala wondered if he would still be saying that when he was eighty. She giggled at the thought of the sight of that.
"Is something funny?" TenTen asked Tala.
"No, nothing at all." She replied.
Tala picked up the scroll and stood up.
"Shikamaru-kun is right. We should go if we want to find a good spot to spend the night. There's a nice river a little ways ahead. It's got plenty of cover. If we hurry we'll make it by nightfall."
"That's a good idea. Lets go." Shikamaru said, leading the way.
Everyone else followed him. They got to the spot Tala mentioned right after sundown.
"Nice place." TenTen said.
She was right. There was a clean river running, with trees completely covering it. There were little wild flowers of every color growing all along the rivers edge and a nice flat, grassy area, just perfect for sleeping. Shikamaru yawned. He took off his pack and pulled out his sleeping bag.
"Get some dinner and sleep, but no fire. We're close to the border and need to be on our guard." He said.
Everyone began to settle in for the night. Tala took the scroll and pack off and set them down. She walked down to the river and kneeled to fill up her water bottle. The wind blew her hair down from its already loose braid.
"Well, it is called wind country." She said to herself.
She set her water bottle down and washed her face in the cool water. She walked back to camp and pulled out some ramen she had packed. That, of course, brought Naruto over from his left over, three day old, over cooked ramen.
"Hey Tala-chan, what kind of ramen's that?"
"Shrimp."
"Really?" Naruto started to drool at the smell of it.
"I made it myself, from my own recipe."
Kiba looked away from feeding Akumaru and saw Naruto drooling really close to Tala. He turned red with jelousy.
"Naruto-kun, I think I made too much. You can have some if you want."
"Thank you, Tala chan." Naruto said as he gratefully accepted a cup full of ramen from Tala.
Tala held a bowl full of meatballs to Uru.
"It isn't safe to hunt here."
Uru took the bowl in her mouth and skulked off to the woods to eat in peace. Tala took a rice ball out of her bag and began to eat. Kiba sat down beside her with his dinner.
"You're not the frist person to make the mistake of bringing ramen to a mission with Naruto around." Kiba said.
"I don't mind. I always bring extra. Toshiru always..........." Tala became quiet suddenly.
"Well, lets just say I've learned to pack an extra meal." Tala whispered.
She put up her ramen container and pulled out her black sleeping bag. The group was in a circle with the scroll in the middle. Tala was between Naruto and Lee. Uru lay down between Naruto and Tala, still convinced that Naruto smelt of fox.
"I shall take first watch," Lee announced.
Everyone else drifted off to sleep.

"Tala-chan. It's your turn."
Tala opened her eyes to see Shikamaru nudging her shoulder with his hand.
"Okay, I'm up."
Tala got up and washed her face in the river. She sat down on a boulder next to the river.
"Teiji and Toshiro used to love this place. Always cool and quiet. I wish they were here now."
Tala stiffened as she heard the leaves behind her rustle. She pulled out one of her daggers. A hand touched her shoulder. Tala spun around with her dagger at the ready.
"Tala-chan, I'm sorry for eavesdropping, but I couldn't help it."
"Damn it Kiba-kun, you scared my half to death. Don't sneak around like that."
"Sorry."
"What are you doing awake?"
"Nature calls." Kiba smiled.
"That's a little too much information." Tala frowned.
"I heard what you said about your team. How'd it happen." Kiba half whispered, more seriously.
"We were team 4: Roka Toshiro, Shu Teiji, and Sen Tala. It was a simple C rank mission. We were to deliver a messenge to grass country. We were attacked by a group of sound ninja. Of course it was a week before the attack on the village, so we weren't prepared for an attack. There were eight of them to the three of us, jonon level at least. We never stood a chance. Both me team mates died that day. The only reason I survived was because they thought I was dead. I should have been dead."
"No, you shouldn't have."
Kiba leaned close to Tala and hgged her suddenly.
"Wha......" Tala said startled.
"Shhh...someone's coming. It's someone we don't know. I don't redognize the smell." Kiba whispered into her ear.
"On three. One, two, three...." Tala said and they both spun around.
They were face to face with an older jonin from the leaf.
"Yukio-sensei?" Tala exclamied in surprise.
Yukio-sensei by Deyna
Author's Notes:
Love the reviews! Keep them coming. The more reviews I get the faster I will post.
"Tala-chan!" The older man exclaimed.
"Why are you here Yukio-sensei?"
"What no hello? After six years all you can say is 'why are you here'?" Yukio joked.
"Oh, excuse my manners sensei. It is nice to see you. This is Kiba-kun." She said introducing Kiba.
"Kiba-kun huh? I saw what you two were doing over there. I've got my eye on you young man."
Kiba and Tala both turned bright red.
"But Yukio-san, I was just......." Kiba tried to explain.
"Hey guys whats going on?" A half asleep Naruto asked.
"Naruto-kun, this is my sensei from when I was a genin." Tala said.
"Naruto?" Yukio said outloud, accidentally.
"So, this is the fox vessel." He thought.
"It's nice to meet you Naruto." He said gruffly, without giving Naruto any formality at all.
Naruto shrank back at the sound of the man's voice. He had heard it so many times when he was younger. It wasn't the same man, but it was the same voice. It was cold and hateful, as if he had committed some crime. He knew what that supposed crime was now though.
"Tala-chan, I'm here to take the scroll from you. I've returned from my mission and Hokage-sama thought it best that a jonin take it." The man said.
"Yukio-sensei, is something wrong?"
"No, why would it be?"
"Your chakra seems different, just ever so slightly."
"You always were perceptive. The best at gathering information there ever was. You are right. I'm worried."
"About what?"
"About the scroll. It must be kept safe."
"I understand sensei."
"Good now hand it over."
"What a minute! There's no way we came all the way here for nothing. We get to deliver the scroll. Believe It!" Naruto yelled, now fully awake.
Naruto's outburst woke up the whole group. Shikamaru hurried over.
"What's going on?" Shikamaru yelled.
"Great of all the times for that person to show up, it has to be in the middle of the night. What a drag." Shikamaru thought to himself.
"This guy wants us to hand the scroll over to him!" Naruto half yelled.
"What? Gai-sensei's here?" Lee asked, only hearing half of what Naruto said.
"He's not just some guy, Naruto-kun. He's my sensei." Tala yelled back.
"So, this is our........."
"Shut up. We're not giving him the scroll." Shikamaru said calmly.
"We're not?" Tala and Naruto said at the same time.
"We are under strict circumstances not to give it to any one."
"Why?" Tala asked.
"Because we have a leak."
"I had that once when I had this bad milk. Man, it was...." Naruto said remembering.
"Not that kind of leak!!!!!!" Both Tala and Shikamaru screamed at Naruto.
"Then what?"
"One of the ninja's from our village has turned into a spy. A jonin in particular."
"Why a jonin? I mean, I knew someone tried to steal the scroll, but somone from our own village?" Tala asked.
"Wait! How'd you know that?" Kiba asked.
"Well, I am the best at gathering information."
"Hokage-sama knew a jonin tried to steal the scroll because only jonin from our village knew it even existed. That's why she sent chuninn on the mission to take the scroll to the sand village, where it would be safe. So you see, Hokage-sama would never send a jonin to retrieve the scroll from us." Shikamaru said.
"If Yukio-sensei wasn't sent here to get the scroll, then.........."
Tala turned toward her former sensei, who had been inching closer to the scroll, only to be block by the rest of the team.
"You tried to steal the scroll!!!" Tala exclaimed, pointing an accusing finger at the man.
"You always were the smart one. That's why you survived that most deadly mission. But I have to have that scroll."
"What? Why?" Tala said, bewildered as to why her sensei you so such a thing.
"For power of course. When I sent you three alone on that mission it was supposed to be simple. You were defeated because you were weak. I knew I had to become stronger so I wouldn't share Toshiro and Teiji's fate. I looked for a way to obatin power and found it working a a spy for the hidden mist village. This scroll will finally give me the power I want. I will never be defeated!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Yukio laughed at the look on Tala's face. The rest of the group couldn't believe it either.
"No." She said holding back tears.
"No? No what?"
"No you're not my sensei. My sensei would never betray his village!!!!!"
"Give up already. I could beat you by myself. But I won't. I'll have some help!"
With that ten mist ninjas came out of nowhere. The rest of Tala's team went into their fighting positions arond the scroll. Tala, however, walked into the middle of the circle and picked it up and put it on her back.
"If you want this scroll, you'll have to kill me." She said.
"What Tala no way!" Kiba exclaimed.
"He's right. You'll be a target!" TenTen said, understanding some of Tala went though and being more sympathetic.
But their pleas fell on deaf ears. Tala blocked out the whole world and pulled a scroll from her pack on the ground. She pricked her finger on one of her daggers and wiped blood on the scroll. She pressed the scroll on he ground and proceeded to make a deafening howling sound. An entire pack of tundra wolves emerged from the ground. The biggest one was a red wolf, the rarest kind of tundra wolf. Eachh wolf wore a knoha forehead protecter around it's neck, just like Uru. The entire pack, including Tala and Uru, let out a howl. Tala turned to the red wolf.
"That man and those mist ninjas are our enemies. But leave the traitor to me. No one else fights him. That goes for you guys too, especially you Kiba-kun."
"But he's a jonin." Kiba protested.
"Doesn't matter."
Tala pulled both her blades from her boots and, with her hands upside down on the handles, placed her hands together in front of her, blades facing down.
"Alright if that how you want it. Attack!" Yukio yelled.
The mist ninjas swarmed around them and attacked. Tala hurled her self at her former teacher.
"Dance of twin moons!!!" She yelled, using her blade fighting style.
As she attacked, she remembered her final training day with her team.
The Team by Deyna
Author's Notes:
This chapter begins with a flash back to the day before Tala's team mates were killed. Then it goes back to the middle of the fight between Tala and Yukio.
******************* It's flash back time****************************
"Hey Tala, I forgot my lunch again. Can I have some of yours?" A young boy yelled to a young Tala.
They were in the middle of their favorite training spot.
"Toshiro, you forget your lunch every day. When are you gonna grow up?" Tala giggled.
"I can't help it. There's so much fun to be had. Why make lunch when you could be exploring the world? Besides you're a much better cook than me." Toshiro said.
"You may be talented, but you have no shame." The other boy said.
"Come on Teiji, have some fun." Toshiro said and splashed some mud on Teiji's perfect white outfit.
"Awww man. My pants are all muddy." Teiji whined.
He got over his dismay quickly and used his favorite air jutsu to clean the mud off.
"Why do you wear white anyways?" Tala asked Teiji.
"I like the color."
"So Tala, what about lunch?" Toshiro asked again.
"Maybe." Tala said with a mischievious grin.
Toshiro frowned.
"What do I have to do?"
"Teach me how to delay my jutsus."
"But that's my thing." Toshiro whined.
"And win our sparring match."
"And if I win?" Teiji asked.
"Hmmmmmmm....... If you win, we'll wash all your clothes for a month."
"Okay, lets go." Teiji said, more than enthusiastic to have someone else wash his clothes.
The three of them trained the whole morning. The stopped at noon, with Toshiro being declared the winner.
"Okay, lets eat." He announced.
Tala handed him a bowl of ramen and pulled out a two more bowls.
"Come on Teiji, you know you want some." She said a she waved the bowl in front of his face.
"Damn it Tala, you know no one can refuse food you made." Teiji said as he snatched up the bowl.
Tala and Toshiro laughed as he tried to eat without dripping any ramen on his clothes.
When they were finished Toshiro was some how covered in ramen.
"Seriously Toshiro, you have no shame." Teiji said.
Toshiro stuck his tongue out at Teiji.
"You are so imature." Teji responded.
Teiji finally gave in and stuck his tongue back out at Toshiro.
"Ha! Now we're both imature." Toshiro exclaimed.
All three of them laughed.
"I guess you're right." Teiji said.
"I think that's enough training for today guys. We have a big mission tomorrow." Tala said.
"I'll race you guys to Tala's apartment for dessert." Toshiro said.
He took off running without waiting for a response. Teiji ran off too.
"Hey guys, why do I have to be the one to cook everything?" Tala yelled chasing after them.
"Because everything Toshiro makes tastes gets burnt. Even stuff he doesn't have too cook. And cooking is way too disorganized for me." Teiji yelled back.
The three of them ran off to Tala's apartment for dessert, unaware of what the next day would hold.

***********************End of Flashback*********************




Back in the present, Tala was continuing her fight with Yukio. She had got some good hits with her blade but she was losing stamina. All around her the fight was raging on. Her team was outnumbered, but her wolves and Naruto's frog evened things out.
"I have to do something fast. I can't keep this pace up. His attacks are so fast that I can barely keep up." Tala thought.
Tala used the end of her daggers to deliver a blow to Yukio strong enough to knock him back. Then she threw the daggers at him and did the hand signs for one of her delayed jutsu and for her transformation jutsu. She transformed into a wolf and charged her opponent.
"Don't you think I know what you're doing? Toshiro used the same technique. Pretty soon water will come out of your mouth and hit me." Yukio said as he easily stepped forward and blocked her attack.
"You may be able to save yourself, but you were never able to save your team mates," Yukio said as he threw his kunai to his side.
The kunai was headed straight for Kiba. Tala used every once of chakra she had left to reach Kiba before the kunai. At the last second she pushed Kiba out of the way and the Kunai hit her instead, directly in the stomach. Tala transformed back into herself.
"I'm sorry it had to happen this way." Yukio said.
"Me too, sensei." Tala replied in a half whisper.
Tala delayed jutsu activated and the ground opened up and swallowed Yukio.
"That is a gift from Toshiro and Teiji. I changed up the jutsu a little. Earth element is more my style." Tala said as she blacked out.
With their leader gone, the mist ninjas fled quickly. Kiba got up from where he fell when Tala pushed him and kneeled down beside her. He took off his coat and wrapped around her stomach to stop the bleeding. The rest of the group gathered around. Lee had a bad cut on his arm, which he had wrapped up, but other than that they weren't seriously hurt.
"It seems that the mist only sent weaker chunin to fight us. They must not have believed in that Yukio guy too much." TenTen said.
"We need to Tala-chan to a doctor right away." Kiba said.
"The sand village is closer. We'll take her there." Shikamaru determined.
Shino took the scroll off Tala's back. Then Kiba picked Tala up carefully, to avoid her wound.
"She's gotten really pale. She needs help now." Uru said, anxious to help her companion, but not sure how.
"Lee-kun, you go ahead and tell the hospital." Shikamaru told Lee.
"Yosh!"
Lee ran to the hospital. Kiba followed, carrying Tala, going slower. The rest of the group brought up the rear with the scroll.
When Uru, Kiba and Tala reached the Lee was waiting for them with a medicl ninja to examine Tala. Kiba placed Tala on the hospital bed. The medical ninja looked at Tala's wound and appeared concerned.
"This doesn't look good. I can tell by the color of the wound that the weapon she was hit with wa poisoned." The ninja said.
"What kind of poison?" Kiba asked.
"I'm not sure. I'll have to run some tests."
"Hurry! She looks worse every moment." Uru exclaimed.
Akumaru barked in agreement.
"I will." The medical ninja said as he drew her blood for tests.
Kiba sat down in a chair beside Tala and Akumaru layed hs head on Kiba's lap and began to whimper.
"Don't worry Akumaru, she's going to be fine." Kiba said to comfort him, but he wasn't sure he even believed himself.
Uru began pacing the room in frustration.
"I must find our friends and bring and bring them here!" Lee announced.
Lee left to find the rest of the group.
"Don't worry Tala-chan, you're gonna be fine." Kiba said, still trying to reassure himself.
The medical ninja came back into the room.
"We're going to heal her wound now. You all need to leave the room. You can come back in a little while." He said.
Kiba, Akumaru, and Uru all sat outside the room, right outside the door. Lee arrived with the team a few minutes later.
"So how is she?" TenTen asked.
"She's been poisoned. They're sealing her wound now. They won't let me in until thy're done."
Naruto's stomach made a grumbling noise.
"Hehe. Guess I'm hungry."
"I think we all are. We didn't stop traveling here for anything. We should get some food." Shikamaru said.
"You guys go. I'll stay here." Kiba said.
"But you must be tired." Shino protested.
"Just go!"
The rest of the group left to get some food. Kiba sat outside Tala's door for the next half hour, when the medical ninja came out of the room.
"We have discovered what the poison inside of your friend is. It's spider venom."
The Road Back To Konoha by Deyna
Author's Notes:
This one took a while. Mostly because I just started my first year of college this week and I have no time to type. I'm still going to try to update soon.
Review!!!!! EDIT: When I typed this I forgot to put the type of flowers that were Tala's favorite. They're pink Hibiscus. Here's a picture of them: http://users3.ev1.net/~kaw1/garden3.htm
"Spider venom?!!!" Kiba exclaimed.
Akumaru barked.
"Yes, but actually that's a good thing." The medical ninja replied.
"How is that a good thing?!!!" Uru growled.
"It's treatable. She should be able to travel tomorrow, she just will be extremely weak for a while." He said taking a step back from Uru.
"Can we see her now?" Kiba asked.
"There are I few things I need to know first."
"Like what?"
"Who's her next of kin?"
"I don't think she has any."
"What about a roommate?"
"I guess that would be me."
"Really?" The medical ninja said with a smile on his face.
"Sort of."
"Does she have any allergies?"
"No." Uru answered for him.
"Any previous injuries?"
"A few broken ribs, a concussion and a fractured ankle." Uru said.
"When?"
"Six years ago."
"Alright, you can see her now. Just be quiet, she'll be asleep for the couple hours."
When Kiba got into the room he saw that she had regained some color. He sat with her for about an hour, until he decided that he needed to visit the little dog boys' room.
"I'll be right back. Akumaru, you stay here with Uru."
Akumaru barked in understanding. Kiba made his way to the bathroom. When he exited the bathroom, he noticed the gift shop. He thought it would be nice to get Tala something, so he went in. He looked around the shop at all the flowers.
"Man, I don't know what kind of flowers girls like." He said to himself.
"She likes pink Hibiscus." A voice from behind him said.
Kiba turned around to see TenTen.
"I guess I'm just gonna have to take your word for it."
Kiba picked up a bouquet of pink Hibiscus and paid for them. He and TenTen walked out of the gift shop.
"How'd you know what'd she likes?" He asked her.
"We were in the same class at the academy. The girls all learned how to arrange flowers. She always used those. Do you want some dinner? We brought you some."
"No thanks, TenTen-chan. I'm not hungry."
The got back to the room to find Tala awake and everyone in her room. Kiba glanced at Uru.
"They were so loud that she woke up." Uru said, crankier than ever.
“It’s okay guys. I don’t mind.” Tala said.
“Here, these are for you.” Kiba said, handing her the....
“Thanks.” Tala said, surprised.
No one had ever given her flowers before. As a matter of fact, no one had ever given her anything. She set them down on the table beside her. She let out a big yawn.
“I guess I’m still a little tired.”
“You guys, we should let her get some rest.” TenTen said, ushering the group out of the room.
“Kiba-kun, could you wait a minute?” Tala asked.
Kiba stopped and everyone else left the room.
“Could you just sit here for a minute?”
“Sure.”
Kiba sat down next to Tala and waited by her beside until she fell asleep. When he was sure she was asleep, he watched her for a minute. Her breathing was slow and even and she didn’t move at all.
“She looks so peaceful. You’ ever think she held all that pain. I wish there was something I could do to help ease her suffering.” He said to himself.
He decided he’d better leave before he woke her and tip-toed out of the room.

The next morning the group picked Tala up from the hospital and started to travel back to Konoha. After about an hour, Tala started to feel tired from the medicine the medical ninjas gave her. Shikamaru noticed that she was slowing, even though she didn’t say anything. Shikamaru stopped and jumped down from the tree he was climbing through.
“Kiba-kun, you, Akumaru and Uru stay behind with Tala-chan to make sure she doesn’t over exert herself. The rest of us will go on ahead.”
“But…” Tala protested.
“No buts. You don’t have the energy to travel at our pace.”
The rest of the group traveled on while Kiba and Tala stayed behind and took a break. Tala was angry for not being able to keep going. She sat down on a tree limb to sulk. Uru and Akumaru lay down to take a quick nap. Kiba looked around, unsure of what he should do. After some pondering he decided to sit beside Tala.
“Tala-chan, I……”
”I don’t want to hear it.” She said, cutting him off.
“But…..”
“Not a word.”
“It’s not your fault.”
”I don’t care. I’m holding people back. That’s unacceptable.”
Tala sat there for a couple more minutes, before getting up to continue on the path. Kiba followed her.
“This is going to be a long trip.” Kiba thought to himself.
Tala continued on for another hour before taking a break again. When she did she sat down on another tree limb, this time sulking even more. Kiba, now incredibly tired of Tala’s attitude, was beginning to become angry too.
He began to feel like he couldn’t hold his anger in.
“Okay ‘princess’, I you don’t like holding people back, but this is getting annoying! Your attitude is way worse than being a few hours late back to the village!!!!!!!” Kiba yelled at Tala.
“Well, I’m sorry that I actually show my emotions, instead of not saying what I feel!! I don’t keep pretending that I don’t care about anything!!!!!!!!!” She yelled back.
“Sometimes showing emotions can be a bad thing!!!!!!!! People say they want the truth, but they don’t accept it when they hear it!!!!!!”
Akumaru and Uru both just stood back and watched the fight unfold. Akumaru tried to stop the fighting, but Uru stopped him.
“You don’t want to get in the middle of that. Just let them go.” Uru said to Akumaru.
The argument ceased, but Kiba and Tala wouldn’t even look at each other. They traveled the rest of the way back to Konoha in silence.
The Locket by Deyna
Kiba and Tala arrived in Konoha around dusk and Kiba went to report their safe arrival to the Hokage. Tala just stormed back to her room to sulk some more. When Kiba was walking home from Hokage tower with Akumaru, he decided to stop and pick up some dinner. He knew there wouldn’t be any left-overs at his house. He stopped and the nearest restaurant, which happened to be a ramen shop, and picked up some food. He remembered how Tala shared her ramen with Naruto without a second thought. He began to feel bad about yelling at her. He walked past some of the stores and an item in the window caught his eye.
“That’s it! I know how to make it up to her.” He said as he rushed inside to buy the item.
He rushed home after that to get ready for his clan celebration the next day.

The next day Tala got up for breakfast and saw Kiba’s mother frantically cooking all kinds of food.
“What’s going on?” Tala asked her.
“I’m cooking for the clan celebration.”
“What’s that?”
“It’s a celebration that each family has that happens every five years. We give our family member gifts and have a big party. I’m making food for the feast tonight.”
“I see.”
Tala left the Inuzuka compound and sat down on the roof of an apartment building.
“I don’t belong there for their clan celebration. I don’t really belong in any clan celebration. Especially after the way I acted yesterday. Kiba-kun will probably never want to talk to me again.”
“How’d you act yesterday, Tala-chan?”
Tala looked to see Naruto sitting next to her on the roof. He looked just as sad as her.
“I was angry about slowing the group down and I took it out on Kiba-kun. We had a huge fight. Plus, it’s his clan celebration today.”
“I hate clan celebrations. It just reminds me that I don’t have one.” Naruto said.
“I know what you mean. I couldn’t stay in the Inuzuka compound with all the celebrating. I don’t belong there. I couldn’t face Kiba-kun either. I wonder if he’ll ever talk to me again.”
”Why don’t you apologize?”
“There’s no way he’ll accept an apology. I was way too insulting.”
“You’ll never know unless you try. You can’t feel any worse than you do now.”
“I suppose you’re right. I will apologize. Thanks, you’re a pretty good friend.”
“We’re friends?”
“Of course we are.”
Tala left to find Kiba and apologize. She ran into him coming towards her with a package in his hands.
“Tala-chan, where have you been?”
“I’ve been thinking. I……..”
Kiba cut her off.
“I’m sorry for yelling at you. Here, I got you a present.”
“A present? I thought you are supposed to be giving presents to your family for the clan celebration.”
“I am. But I got you one too.”
“Why?”
“To cheer you up. And in case you don’t accept my apology. Just take it.”
Tala took the small, rectangular box and opened it. Inside was a gold locket.
“Wow.”
“Open it.”
Tala opened the locket and on the inside were pictures of her team mates. Tala started to cry.
“Man, I made things worse.”
“No, it’s not that. It’s just that it’s the nicest thing anyone’s ever done for me. Where did you get the pictures?”
”TenTen-chan gave them to me.”
Tala put the locket around her neck.
“So, you like it then?”
There was a long pause. Kiba was about to think she was just being nice by putting the locket on, but Tala got up onto her tiptoes and gave him a quick kiss on the lips. (She’s a couple inches shorter than him.)
“Yeah, I like it.” Tala said, blushing.
Kiba blushed as well.
“I…Well……I...Ummm……I’m glad you like it.” He said, stumbling over his words.
“Kiba-dear!!!!! I need you to pick up some things for me at the market. Bring Tala-chan with you. You’re going to need an extra pair of hands.”
Kiba’s mother was yelling for him from the Inuzuka compound.
“We’d better go.” Tala said.
“Yeah.”
Kiba and Tala picked up the items Kiba’s mother needed and she went inside to finish the meal. Kiba and Tala stayed outside. The both looked down at the ground, embarrassed.
“I’ve got to go. I don’t know when I’ll be back.” Tala said.
Tala left Kiba standing on the front porch of the Inuzuka compound, wondering where she was going. Tala ended up at the heroes’ memorial.
“Sorry it’s been so long guys. I guess I couldn’t face you in the state I was in when you died. You’re death really screwed me up. I was a mess. I’m starting to deal though. I know six years and I still can’t deal. But the good news is I met someone. His name’s Kiba-kun. He not exactly a total Romeo. But he’s
She sat down beside the stone and began to tell the Toshiro and Teiji all about Kiba.

“Tala-chan, wake up.”
”Huh?”
Tala opened her eyes to see Kakashi shake her awake.
“What time is it?” Tala asked him.
“It’s about midnight.”
“Damn it! I guess I fell asleep talking to Toshiro and Teiji.”
“You should go home.”
“What about you, Kakashi-san. Don’t you normally come here in the mornings?”
“Yes, I do. But I heard the Inuzuka’s talking about you being missing, and I knew you would be here.”
“I guess I haven’t changed that much.”
“I guess not.” Kakashi said, smiling through his mask.
“So, how’s that team you said had so much promise?”
“You’ve already met two of them, Sakura-chan and Naruto-kun.”
“Naruto-kun was your student? Have you ever noticed anything weird about him?”
“Like what?”
“His chakra. It felt strangely strong. He smells like a fox, too.”
“I suggest you ignore that.”
“So it is something. Tell me just one thing. Is he dangerous?”
“Only to his enemies.”
“That’s good enough for me. I’ll be leaving now. See ya, Kakashi-san.”
“Bye, Tala-chan.”
Tala crept into her room and turned on the light. On her pillow was a note from Kiba. She picked it up and read it out loud.
”Dear Tala-chan,.........



----------------------------------------
You'll just have to wait to hear the note.
Hehehe.
Hokage's Birthday by Deyna
“Dear Tala-chan, Hokage-sama’s birthday celebration is tomorrow night. It’s a big event and all the important people from the whole ninja world will be there. It’s a total bore and the dress is formal, but it’s kind of mandatory. Anyways, I was wondering if you wanted to go with me. You know, since we have to go anyways.
-Kiba”
Tala blushed.
“Well, I guess since we have to go. But, I don’t own anything formal. Oh well, I figure something out.”
Tala went to sleep. Later, in the morning, she went to some of the shops in Konoha.
“This is hopeless. I have no idea where to look.”
“Need some help” TenTen said behind her.
Tala jumped back, startled and afraid TenTen would attack her again.
“Don’t worry, I’m actually sorry. I jumped to conclusions. I wasn’t your fault. Friends?”
“Friends.”
“So, what are you looking for?”
“A dress for the party tonight.”
“I see. I can’t believe they made that mandatory for all the chuunins and jonins. I guess Hokage-sama wants to show off the ninjas of the village.”
“So, can you help me?”
“Of course, but what shop we go into depends on what kind of dress you need.”
“What do you mean?”
“Do you have a date?”
“Well…….I……..”
“I’ll take that as a yes. It’s no big deal I do too.”
”Who?”
“Neji.”
“Does that mean you two are finally a couple?”
“Yep. What about you? Who’d your date?”
”Kiba-kun.”
“Really?” TenTen said surprised.
“Yeah, he asked me in a note.”
“A note? Let me see.”
Tala handed TenTen the note. TenTen read it and laughed.
“Not exactly the most suave note in the world. But this might need reinforcements. I’ll be right back.”
TenTen was gone in a poof of smoke. She was back a minute later with Sakura, Ino, and Hinata.
“You’re really going to the party with Kiba-kun?” Hinata asked.
“Yeah. Who are you going with?”
“Shino.”
“Yeah, that jerk Naruto didn’t ask her.” Sakura interjected.
“Okay girls, let’s concentrate. We need to find Tala-chan a dress that’ll make Kiba-kun pass out cold.” TenTen said.
The girls went into a shop with tons of giggling and gossiping. Unknown to them there was a group of boys watching their every move.
“I don’t think my Sakura-chan would like me spying on her.” Lee said, peaking around the corner.
“Then make sure she doesn’t find out.” Naruto said, looking around too.
“What do you think they’re talking about?” Kiba asked.
“Us.” Neji said.
“Why am I here? Spying is so uncool.” Shikamaru asked bored.
“Don’t you want to know what Ino says about you?” Naruto said.
“Then why are you here? You don’t even have a date.” Neji asked, knowing how Hinata felt about Naruto.
“To see if Sakura finally likes me.”
“No way, she’s my date!!!” Lee protested.
“Would you quiet down? They’ll hear you.” Shikamaru said.
The group quieted down to hear the girls’ conversation. They couldn’t tell who was speaking from where they were or hear the whole conversation.
“Here try this on.” A voice said.
“No way, that slit goes all the way up.” A second voice replied.
“You want to get Kiba-kun’s attention don’t you?”
“Not like that.”
“Here, try this on instead.” A third voice said.
“Okay Okay.” The second voice answered.
“So TenTen, is Neji-kun a good kisser?”
“Let’s just say they don’t call him a genius for nothing.”
“I know what you mean. Shikamaru is the same.”
The boys heard a flourish of giggles.
“That one looks great on you.”
“I don’t really like red. I think I’m going to try on the blue one.”
“Are you ever going to tell Naruto how you feel?”
“Sakura-chan, you know I can’t. What if he doesn’t fell the same?”
“You should at least try. Then maybe he’ll leave me alone.”
Naruto jumped in shock.
“I told you so.”
“Didn’t you listen? Whoever said that was talking to Sakura-chan. It couldn’t have been her.” Shikamaru said.
“Then who was it?”
More giggles were heard as the girls exited the story.
“That note is definitely not smooth. He could have at least asked you in person.”
“He’s not that ‘cool’ in person either.”
More giggles. The boys decided they had enough and pretending to just be walking over.
“Hi Neji! What are you guys doing here?” TenTen exclaimed.
“You girls need to get ready for the Hokage’s birthday celebration tonight.”
The girls split up and went with their dates, except for Hinata and Naruto who left alone. Kiba and Tala went back to the Inuzuka compound to change for the party.
“You got my note?”
“Yeah.”
“And?”
“And what?”
“Do you wanna go with me?”
“Of course I do.”
They arrive at the compound and go to their rooms. Kiba was finished getting ready a long time before Tala so he waited outside. When Tala walked out the door, his jaw dropped. She was wearing a long, navy blue dress with her hair pulled into an updo.
“What? She asked him.
“Nothing.”
“Okay then, let’s go.”
The two of them arrived at the party as the other guests were.
They met Hinata and Shino at the door. Hinata was wearing a very expensive, yet modest dress. The four of them walked in together. The place was fixed up nicely. There were long tables for the dinner that would come later and a dance floor. Of course, there were only slow dances. There were all kinds of important people there, feudal lords, high ranking ninjas from other villages, business men, and heirs to estates. Tala leaned over and whispered to Hinata.
“Now I see why we have to be here. Every target our enemies have ever had is here.”
Hinata nodded in agreement.
“Would you like some punch?” Shino asked Hinata.
“Yes please.”
Shino nudged Kiba.
“What?”
Shino glared at Kiba.
“Oh right. Tala-chan, want some punch?”
“That would be nice.”
The boys went to the punch bowl. They were joined by Neji, Shikamaru, Naruto and Lee.
“Naruto-kun, did you ever figure out which girl likes you?” Lee asked.
“No and it’s driving me crazy, believe it!”
“Well, we know who likes Kiba.” Shikamaru said with a smirk.
Kiba blushed. The boy took punch to their dates. Naruto left to scan the room for some one he may have forgotten about. He knew better than to just ask Sakura because she would kill him if she found out he was spying on her. The group stood around for a while talking about missions and such. Once all the guests had arrived, Tsunade clinked her glass with a spoon and made a welcome speech. Then she asked that everyone find their seat for dinner. The group took their seats.
Uchiha by Deyna
After dinner people began dancing and talking. Tala was talking to Sakura.
“Have you noticed Naruto acting weird lately?” Sakura asked.
“What would be weird is Naruto-kun acting normal.” Tala replied.
The girls giggled.
“Excuse me youthful beauties, but would my Sakura-chan like to dance?” Lee said, after joining them.
“Okay.”
Tala looked for Kiba expecting to see him talking to Shino or some other boy. Instead she saw him talking to some blond girl from the hidden grass village. The girl was leaning close to Kiba and touching his arm. Tala turned bright red. She was just about to drag him away from her, when she had an idea. She looked for Naruto in the crowd.
“Hey Naruto-kun, I need a favor.”
She whispered something in Naruto’s ear.
“And if you do this for me, I’ll make you ramen for lunch for the rest of the week.”
”Oh yeah, ramen!”
A new slow dance started and the two of them waked to the dance floor and began slow dancing, very close together. Tala made sure they were in Kiba’s line of sight. Kiba looked up from his conversation with the girl to see Naruto and Tala. Her stormed off onto the dance floor and tapped Naruto on the shoulder.
“I’m cutting in.” He growled.
Naruto smiled and walked off the floor, thinking of all he great ramen he was going to get. Tala stopped him as he was walking away.
“Why don’t you ask Hinata to dance?”
Naruto thought about it and saw her standing by Shino, looking bored.
“Okay.”
Naruto asked Hinata to dance and she almost feinted. Kiba and Tala began to dance.
“Why were you dancing with him?” Kiba asked.
“You seemed so busy with your new friend.”
“We were just talking.”
“Naruto-kun and I were just dancing.”
The song ended.
“I asked you here to dance with me not him.”
”Why did you?”
“Lets talk out in the garden”
They walked out into the huge garden behind the party.
“Tala-chan, I really like you.” Kiba said, blushing.
“I like you too.” She blushed too.
Kiba put his arms around her waist and pulled her close to him. He leaned down and kissed her. He broke off their kiss when he heard a commotion inside. It sounded like someone did something hilarious.
“We should get inside.” Kiba said.
“Yeah.”
Kiba walked back inside, but Tala stayed behind to think.
“”Help me!!!” Cried a child’s voice from behind a bush.
Tala followed the voice. When she looked behind the bush, she saw there was no one there.
“Help me!!!!”
Tala followed the voice out of the garden and into the woods.
“Where are you little one?” Tala called out.
“Over here!!!!!!”
Tala continued on, following on and on. She finally reached a cliff and the voice stopped. Tala heard footsteps behind her and turned around.
“Little one?”
She was looking straight into two sharingan red eyes.
“What’s inside the scroll?” The stranger asked.
”I don’t know so go away.”
”Don’t tell me that the best information gatherer to ever graduate the academy doesn’t know. Have you told anyone how you gather your information?”
Tala tried to run away, but she couldn’t move.
“I’ll take that as a no. Do you think they would call you the best if they knew?”
“It doesn’t matter if they know. I don’t seek power.”
“You don’t care if that boy knows? I bet he would be disappointed if he knew.” The man said coldly.
“What do you want?”
”Tell me what’s in the scroll.”
”No.”
“Very well. I’ll make you tell me.”
The sharingan began to swirl. Tala felt herself being pulled into a genjutsu. She was in a dungeon in front of some bars. She looked behind the bars to see Kiba.
“Kiba-kun!!!!!!!!”
Kiba was tied to the wall and bleeding heavily.
“Tala-chan, help me!!!!”
Tala tried to break the bars but they wouldn’t budge.
“Tell me or the boy dies.” The cold voice said.
Tala quickly did some hand signs.
“Pain replacement jutsu!!!!!”
Tala fell to her knees in pain.
“You can’t hurt him. All his pain will be transferred to me.”
“Then I’ll just hurt you.”
The man inflicted more pain on her. Tala screamed in pain.
“Tala, wake up!!!!!” A voice yelled.
Tala snapped out of her trance.
“Uru!!” She yelled when she saw her companion.
‘I’ve got your back.” Uru snarled.
“No!!!! You’ll be killed! Just go get Kiba!”
“Hai!”
Uru ran away to get help.
“That was foolish. The only way to help yourself is to give up.” The man said.
“I don’t think so.”
Tala had pulled her forehead protector off of her leg and tied it around her eyes.
“You don’t seem so worried for someone who knows how I gather information.”
They began to battle, Tala using her special ability to fight blind.
Uru burst into the party and yelled to Kiba.
“Tala’s in trouble. Some guy used a genjutsu to try to get her to tell him what was in the scroll.”
“Did he have red swirling eyes?” The Hokage asked Uru.
“Yes.”
”Uchiha.”
Tala's Ability by Deyna
Author's Notes:
This fight scene may be kind of confusing. The conversation is meant to be going on as they're fighting.
Kiba arrived on the scene with Uru as the cloaked man had Tala back into a corner.
“Tala!” Kiba yelled.
“Kiba stay back!!! He’s a sharingan user. You have to cover your eyes with your forehead protector.”
“But I can’t fight blind!”
“You can’t get caught in his genjutsu, so just do it!”
Kiba pulled his forehead protector down and covered his eyes with it. It was too late for Uru, she was rendered unconscious by the genjutsu. He sniffed the air to try to get the man’s scent. When he finally caught it, it was too late. He was behind him. Kiba prepared to defend himself but no attack came. Tala was blocking the attack. Kiba smelled the orange shampoo she used.
“Kiba, where are the rest of the ninja?” Tala asked, trying to hold off the attacks.
“They should be right behind me.”
But they weren’t right behind him. They had met trouble on the way. Some unknown ninjas attacked them.
“This could get bad. This guy could seriously hurt us; or worse.” Tala thought.
The man used Tala’s distractive state to attempt to kick her in the side, but she reached over and caught it.
“Tala, how are you fighting him?” Kiba asked.
Tala pushed on his foot and sent him flying backwards.
“She didn’t tell you, did she?” The man said.
“Tell me what?”
Tala threw a punch at the man’s face but he stepped to the side. She in turn swept kicked him, knocking him to the ground. She pulled out her twin daggers and charged him.
“Tell you about her abilities. Didn’t you ever wonder how she can gather information so well?”
”Well, yeah.”
“She has quite incredible hearing. That’s how she can fight me blind. She can hear every move I make. In fact, she can hear any conversation in the whole village. I wonder how many conversations of yours she’s listened to.”
”She what?”
The man had picked himself up and threw some shuriken at Tala. She pulled Kiba out of the way but couldn’t dodge the punch that followed.
“I can’t protect both of us like this.” Tala thought.
“Listen Kiba, I didn’t tell you because I didn’t listen to your conversations. I only use my ability for information gathering, not for gossip.” She said.
Tala proceeded to go into a series of kicks and punched in order to end the fight faster.
“Do you really believe her, boy? She lied to you.” The man said.
After a thought Kiba answered him.
“Yes, I do.”
“Too bad. I’ll have to fix that.”
The cold stranger spun around Tala and grabbed Kiba. He knocked the boy out and held knife up to his throat.
“Come with me or he dies.”
Tala dropped her daggers.
“Fine. You win.”
The man walked over to Tala and took off her forehead protector. He dropped it onto the ground. He looked into Tala’s eyes and put her under a genjutsu. Then he dropped Kiba and led Tala off into the darkness. He was met by a few of his subordinates, who had been busying the other ninja. They left to go to their hideout.
Tsunade and the other ninjas arrived on the scene to find an unconscious Uru and Kiba. All that was left of Tala was her forehead protector. The medical ninjas got to work waking up Uru and Kiba.
“What would they do with Tala-chan? Which Uchiha was that?” Countless questions were going through Tsunade’s head.
She sighed to herself.
“I guess we’ll just have to wait until Kiba wakes up to find out.” She said out loud.


Kiba awoke with a jolt.
“Tala!!!!”
“She’s gone.” Tsunade said, sitting near him.
“Damn it! It’s all my fault!”
“What happened?”
“We were attacked by a sharingan user and had to cover our eyes with our forehead protectors.”
“Which Uchiha?”
“I don’t know. I never saw his face. She had to protect me.”
”How? She couldn’t see either.”
“She didn’t need to. Apparently she had been hiding her ability to hear anything in the entire village from everyone.”
“Anything? That means she knows what’s inside the scroll. That’s why he took her. There’s no way he could figure out where it is, so he got the next best thing.”
“What’s inside the scroll?”
“Something that could mean the end of us all. We have to get her back. I’ll get an ANBU team on it right away.”
”Wait! Don’t hurt her. She didn’t go by choice. Well, not really. He snuck up on me. I think he threatened to hurt me unless she helped him.”
“I see. I’ll order them not to hurt her. Don’t worry they’ll bring her back.”
Tsunade left to give the ANBU their orders.
“I have to find her myself. Akumaru can you follow her scent?”
Akumaru barked in affirmation.
“Alright let’s go!”
“I’m coming to.” Uru said from behind them.
The three of them snuck away to find Tala.
“Hold it right there.”
”Damn it! Don’t try to stop me. I’m going.”
Kiba turned around to face Kakashi.
“I’m not going to stop you. But if you want to defeat the sharingan, you’ll need me.”
“Understood.”
Akumaru led the way, following Tala’s scent.
Tala awoke in a cave. She was tied to a rock. Her dress was torn. There was a slit up to her thigh and a tear on her side now. Her hair had fallen down. She wasn’t sure where her shoes were and one of the dress’s straps was broken.
“Tell me what I want to know. What’s in the scroll?”
Those red eyes stared into her eyes. Tala couldn’t resist the sharingan.
“It contains an ancient jutsu used to control the minds of demons.”
”How do you do the jutsu?”
“No one knows. Nobody ever read the scroll. Not even Hokage-sama.”
”Why is it?”
“Suna.”
The man turned to his subordinates.
“We leave for Suna.”

Kiba was close on their trail. Stopping at the cave slowed their enemy down quite a bit. Pretty soon after that, Kakashi realized where they were headed.
“This is bad. They’re after the scroll. We’ll have to hurry.” He said to no one in particular.
“Tala, I’ll bring you back.” Kiba thought.
The Fight by Deyna
Author's Notes:
There's only a few chapters left to go. I'm now taking suggestions for a cute ending.
Kiba could tell they were approaching Tala. Her footprints were fresh. Kakashi noticed too.
“We shouldn’t be catching up this quick. Something’s slowing them down.”
Something was slowing them down.
“Don’t touch her. She is too easily startled out of the genjutsu.” The Uchiha said to a subordinate who was trying to get Tala to walk faster.
Tala had cut her foot on a stick a while ago and had been walking slowly ever since. What her captors didn’t know was getting her foot cut knocked her out of the genjutsu. She knew she couldn’t fight all those men at the same time, so she pretended to still be under the man’s control and walk slowly. She could hear Kiba, Akumaru, Kakashi and Uru approaching. She figured they would catch up in another ten minutes. The ANBU, on the other hand, got thrown off by a false trail. They were a full half hour behind. The only reason her friends were on her trail was because of Akumaru and Uru. Tala pretended to trip and fall. She got back up and limped even more. She continued like that for as long as she could. One of the subordinates was whispering to the other.
“She doesn’t seem so easily awakened to me.”
Normally the Uchiha would have put his subordinate in his place, but he had a point. She should have woken up. He watched her through his sharingan. Her movements were too purposeful.
“Damn it!” He cursed himself.
His team looked at him. He grabbed the girl and looked her in the eyes, but it was too late. A piece of her dress tied around her eyes.
“Always one step ahead.” She said.
Tala kicked him in the arm and he let go of her.
“Earth style; Earth Rising Wall!”
Mud exploded from Tala mouth and formed a huge wall between Tala and the man. The man began using a fire jutsu to break through the wall.
“It’ won’t last long.” Tala thought.
Tala pricked her finger with a kunai and cut her finger. She pulled out her scroll and wiped the blood on it. She slammed the scroll on the ground and let out a howl. She put all of her chakra into the scroll. A wolf, about the size of a house, poofed in.
“Old one, I need your help.” Tala said to the wolf.
“Where is my daughter?” The wolf asked her.
“Uru’s on her way.”
“Very well.”
The man broke though the wall.
“If only you could summon wolves six years ago, maybe your precious team mates wouldn’t be dead right now.” The man said.
Kiba, Akumaru, Uru, and Kakashi arrived.
“Father.” Uru said, looking at the big wolf.
“Stop them!” The man ordered his subordinates.
The two teams clashed as Tala and the old wolf fought the Uchiha. The wolf charged the man as Tala gathered chakra.
“Tala!” Kiba yelled, trying to get to her.
“Don’t worry about me. I’ll be fine.” She said calmly.
The old wolf maneuvered around, pushing the man right in front of the remnant of the wall.
“Now!!” The wolf yelled.
Tala formed some quick hand signs.
“Earth Style; Earth dragon missile!”
The mud formed into a giant dragon which spit missiles behind the man. The man in front of them poofed away, having been a shadow clone. The missiles hit the real man who was hiding in a tree. He was knocked forward onto the ground.
“Did you honestly think I wouldn’t hear you?” Tala said.
The man jumped up suddenly and ripped off Tala’s blind fold. He tried to look her in he eyes, but she turned away quickly.
“Tala here!” Kiba said, tossing her forehead protector and daggers to her.
Tala jumped up and grabbed them. She tied the forehead protector over her eyes. She prepared to fight with her daggers. The man pulled his hood off his head to reveal his face.
“Itachi!” Kakashi said.
Standing before them was Uchiha Itachi.
“You rely too much on the sharingan, Itachi-kun. You’ll never win against me.” Tala said.
“Ha! I will always win. I have the most power.” Itachi replied.
Just then the ANBU showed up. Itachi looked at his opponents’ numbers and knew he couldn’t win.
“Withdraw!” He yelled to his subordinates.
The enemy left in a flash. The ANBU members gave chase. Tala collapsed onto her knees.
“It’s about time. It can’t believe he bought that.” She said.
Kiba rushed over to her.
“What’s wrong?” He asked.
“She’s out of chakra. She couldn’t do another attack.” Kakashi said.
“Looks like the battle’s over. Uru come home sometime. Your mother misses you. See ya.” The old wolf said, poofing away.
Tala stood up, slowly.
“Let me help you.” Kiba said, trying to help her.
Tala brushed his hand off.
“I’m fine. I’m just glad he bought my bluff.”
She pulled her forehead protector off of her eyes and tied it back around her leg. She sheathed her daggers. She looked at her tattered dress.
“Damn, I’m a mess.”
“Let’s just go home. Itachi’s probably a million miles away by now.” Kiba said.
Akumaru barked in agreement.
“That sounds good to me.” Kakashi agreed.
“I think I’d better go back for a while.” Uru said.
“Okay.” Tala nodded, too tired to care.
Uru poofed away to her family. The rest of the group went back to the village.
Someday by Deyna
Author's Notes:
There is one chapter left after this one. It's an epilogue that takes place one year after the end of the story. Tell me how you like my ending.
Kiba convinced Tala to get checked out at the hospital. She didn’t want to go, but he made the cutest puppy face ever. Tala groaned as Sakura checked all her bruises.
“Did that hurt?” Sakura asked her.
“No, I just think this is ridiculous. “
“There’s nothing ridiculous about fighting Uchiha Itachi. He’s an S-class criminal. You’re lucky to be alive. How’d you do it anyways?”
“Let’s just say that the sharingan doesn’t work of me, sort of.”
”Sharingan doesn’t work?” Sakura exclaimed.
“Well, it does, when my eyes are uncovered.”
”How do you fight with your eyes covered?”
“I hear my opponent.”
”Hear?”
“I can hear the movements of my opponent, like echo-location that bats and dolphins use. I hear anything anyone in the village says as well.”
”Isn’t that overwhelming?”
”No, it’s more selective. It’s kind of like the Byukagan. I choose what I hear.”
“Wow.”
“Just keep this between us, okay. It’s kind of a secret. Not even Hokage-sama knows yet.”
”Are you going to tell her?”
“I’m sure she’ll ask, and I won’t lie.”
Sakura wrapped a bandage around Tala’s arm.
“All done.” Sakura said.
“Great. Now I can figure out a way to beat Kiba’s puppy dog face.”
”Kiba? You stopped using ‘kun’?”
Tala blushed.
“Ohhhhhh……..” Sakura said, smiling menacingly.
“Shhhhhhh……. Don’t tell.”
There was a knock at the door.
“Tala, can I come in?”
“One second.” Tala said, pulling the shirt that Kiba brought form her room over the new bandages. She put her locket back on as well.
Sakura smiled. She noticed Kiba had stopped calling her Tala-chan.
“Okay, you can come in now.” Tala said.
Kiba came into the room.
“I’ll leave you kids alone.” Sakura said, smiling and leaving the room.
“Tala, I’m glad you’re okay. I was terrified that something would happen to you.”
Tala blushed.
“Really?”
“You’re very special to me.”
Akumaru barked in agreement, and then hid his eyes under his paws as Kiba kissed Tala. Unfortunately, Naruto didn’t feel like leaving them alone. He burst through the door of the room.
“Hey Tala-chan, do I still get my ramen?”
He realized what was going on and backed out of the room.
”Sorry, Sorry.”
Kiba raised an eyebrow.
“Ramen?”
“Hehehe……It’s nothing.”
“Doesn’t sound like nothing.”
”It’s just a favor Naruto-kun’s did for me. I promised him ramen as payment.”
”Okay…” Kiba said, thinking that he would ask Naruto about it later.
“How about we get out of here? I’m exhausted.” Tala said.
Kiba moved to help Tala up.
“I’m fine.” She said.
“You said yourself you’re exhausted.”
”It’s nothing.”
”It’s never nothing. Come on, I was worried. Humor me.”
Kiba made his cute puppy face.
”Fine. But only this once.”
Kiba picked up Tala piggy-back style. Tala put her arms around his neck.
“This is so embarrassing.” Tala said.
“I can’t let you get more hurt.”
“Sometimes I think you’re too loyal.”
Kiba laughed at her remark.
“Come on Akumaru, Let’s go home.”
They walked out of the hospital. Tala hid her face from all the weird looks people gave her.
“So much for not telling anyone.” Sakura said, laughing.
When they reached the Inuzuka compound, Kiba set Tala down in the room she was using.
“Get some rest.” He said.
“Okay, I will.”
Kiba went to his room to think. After a couple of minutes, he decided that thinking would be a lot easier in the morning. He lay down to take a nap and drifted off peacefully to sleep.
Kiba looked around to figure out where he was.
“You’re dreaming.” A voice said.
“Who’s there? Show yourself.”
Two figures appeared. One had silver hair and was dressed in all white, while the other had blue hair and was wearing a sea green outfit.
“Toshiro, what was with that voice from above thing?” The one in white said to the other.
“Come on Teiji, it was cool.” Said the blue haired boy.
“Toshiro-kun and Teiji-kun?”
“That’s right.” Toshiro said.
“You’re……..”
”Tala’s team mates.” Teiji said.
“Dead.”
Teiji sighed.
“That too.”
“Why are you here?”
”To haunt you.” Toshiro said, trying to be spooky.
“Shut up.” Teiji said to the blue haired boy.
“What?” Toshiro whined.
“We’re here to warn you.” Teiji said.
“Of what? Is Tala in danger?”
”No, she’s fine. But, you could be.”
”What? Why?” Kiba exclaimed.
“Because if you ever hurt her, we’ll kill you.” Toshiro said, serious now.
“It won’t just be a short death either. We’ll make sure you suffer. She’s like a sister to us. Sea and Air are nothing without Land. We won’t let anything happen to her.” Teiji said. (Teiji is referring to their elements)
“I won’t hurt her.” Kiba said.
“Do you love her?” Toshiro blurted out.
Kiba blushed.
“Shut up, Toshiro. You don’t have to answer that.” Teiji said.
“Remember what we said.” Toshiro said.
The two of them disappeared into thin air.
“See how cool that is?” Toshiro’s voice could be heard.
“I suppose so.” Teiji said.
Kiba drifted off to a nice dream. Toshiro and Teiji visited Tala next.
“Tala.” They said together.
“Toshiro, Teiji. How?”
”We’re super cool ninjas. We can do anything.” Toshiro said.
Tala reached out and hugged them both.
“I’ve missed you guys so much.”
“We want to talk to you about this boy.” Teiji said.
“What about Kiba?”
“We like him.” Toshiro said, smiling.
“Really?”
“He’s alright. Just don’t rush into things.” Teiji said.
“Guys…….”
“Trust in your own heart.” Toshiro said.
“We’ll be watching.” Teiji said, as they left.
“Can I trust in my own heart?” Tala asked herself when she woke up.
She put on her favorite white dress. It was her day off, so she decided to do some shopping. She snuck out of the room, avoiding Kiba, and picked up supplies for making ramen. As she was walking, she could hear the whispers of the villagers.
“Did you hear? The Inuzuka boy carried her through town.”
“I heard she’s living with him.”
“Shouldn’t she be with her own family?”
“I heard that she doesn’t have one.”
“Anyhow, she doesn’t belong there.”
Tala winced when she heard them. On her way home she noticed an apartment for rent. She looked at the price and noticed it was just within her price range. When she got back to thee Inuzuka compound, she began to pack her things. Kiba knocked on the door.
“Come in.”
”What’s going on?”
“I’m leaving. I’ve found an apartment.”
“What?!!!” Kiba exclaimed.
“This was only temporary. I have enough money now to get my own place.”
“You can’t do that!!!!!!!”
“Why not?” Tala asked, surprised.
“Because………”
“Kiba, it’s not a big deal. I need a place of my own. I don’t belong here.”
Kiba frowned.
“What did I expect that she would stay here forever with me?” He thought to himself.
Akumaru tried to cheer him up by rubbing his nose on Kiba’s hand.
“I guess I kind of hoped she would.” He thought.
Tala began to carry her bag out of the room. When she tried to walk past him, he grabbed it from her.
“Tala, don’t leave!”
“What?”
“I don’t want you to leave!”
“But I have to. This isn’t my home. I’m not part of this family.”
”Well……Maybe you could be.” Kiba said, looking down at the floor.
“What?”
“I mean, maybe someday you could be part of the family.”
”I could?”
Kiba nodded. Tala turned bright red when she realized what he was saying.
“I mean, someday.” Kiba said, turning just as red as her.
“I’m sorry.” Tala said, walking away with her bag.
Tala walked down the street. She felt her locket get suddenly cold and took it off. She looked at the pictures inside; Toshiro, smiling, and Teiji, sulking about something. She remembered what they said in her dream.
“Can I trust in my own heart?” She asked herself.

Kiba sat on a couch in his living room. He had his head in his hands, wondering what went wrong.
“Damn it! What’s wrong with me? Why am I going insane over a girl?” He said to no one in particular.
“Because it’s cute.”
“What?” Kiba said as he turned around.
Standing there in front of him was Tala. She decided to trust in her heart.
“Maybe I could stay. And someday…….”
“Really?”
”Yeah.”
Kiba ran up to Tala, put his arms around her waist, and picked her up. He hugged her as tight as he could and kissed her as if they had been apart for years.
“See, I told you it would work.” Kiba’s mother said to his father.
“Yes dear.” Kiba’s father replied, smiling.
Epilogue by Deyna
Author's Notes:
Here's the epilogue. It takes place one year after the end of the story. I still haven't decided whether or not I'm going to write a sequel. If I do it will take place three years later.


I also now have my profile up if anyone wants to know a little bit about me.
Kiba walked through the Inuzuka compound with a very serious look on his face. He walked around looking for Tala and found her in the garden with Naruto. They were playing with the Inuzuka dogs and Uru. They looked like they had just had a race.
“Ha! I’m faster than all of you.” Naruto said to the dogs.
“No fair! No shadow clones!” Tala exclaimed.
Kiba walked over to Naruto.
“Naruto-kun, I need to talk to Tala in private.”
“Okay, I’ll race the dogs again.” Naruto replied.
Naruto and the dogs took off running. Uru stayed with Tala.
“I can’t believe he has so much energy.” Tala remarked.
“He may smell untrustworthy, but he will be Hokage. I can tell.” Uru replied.
Kiba stared down at the ground.
“Tala, I need to talk to you.”
“What is it?”

Naruto beat the dogs back easily and came racing back to the garden. He was just in time to see Tala tackle Kiba to the ground in a huge hug.
“YES!!!!!!” Tala yelled.
“Hey guys, what’s going on?” Naruto asked.
Tala held out her hand to reveal a rather large engagement ring.
“We’re getting married.”
“Congratulations. I’m gonna tell everyone.”
Before Tala and Kiba could stop him, Naruto ran off to tell the whole village.
“Good thing it wasn’t a secret.” Tala said.
It wasn’t long before people began to show up, asking if what Naruto had been saying was true. Tala and Kiba spent the entire day greeting their guests. The last to leave were the Aburame’s. Which Tala thought was odd, since they hardly said a thing. Kiba collapsed on the couch, exhausted from the long day. Tala sat down beside him. He put his arm around her and she put her head on his shoulder. They were just getting comfy when several members of the Hyuuga clan entered the room. Tala stood up, dragging a disgruntled Kiba with her.
“Good afternoon, Hyuuga-sama.” Tala said to Hiashi.
“I am here to speak to Inuzuka-san.” Hiashi said, meaning Kiba’s father.
“I’ll get him.” Kiba mumbled.
Kiba knew anything involving Hyuuga Hiashi couldn’t be good. He was right. Hiashi was up to no good.
“What is it, Hyuuga-san?” Kiba’s father asked.
“I think you know. That girl can’t marry into your family. That ability of hers being passed down is an unfair advantage.” The Hyuuga said.
“Like the Byukagan?”
“That’s different. I demand you stop this engagement.”
”Not gonna happen.”
Tala was listening in on their conversation.
“What are they saying?” Kiba whispered to Tala.
“Apparently everyone knows about my ability and Hyuuga-sama is demanding the engagement be called off.”
“What?!! Why?”
“It seems he’s threatened by the possibility that my ability will be passed down to our children. After all, with the Uchiha tragedy, the Hyuugas are the most powerful clan now.”
Tala listened to hear what else they were saying.
“I heard about the girl’s fight with Itachi. That kind of power’s dangerous.” Hiashi said.
”So you’re feeling threatened. Is that it?”
“If you don’t stop this engagement I’ll petition the Hokage to do it!!!!” Hiashi was getting angry now.
“Get out of my house!!!” Kiba’s father yelled back.
Tala heard a noise outside of the house.
“Hinata’s here.” She said to Kiba.
Hiashi continued to storm about the room.
“Father, what’s going on?” Hinata said when she saw what was happening.
“I am stopping that engagement!!!” Hiashi bellowed.
“Father, don’t.” Hinata said calmly.
“What?”
“I’m heir to the clan and my opinion matters.”
Hiashi was incredibly surprised by Hinata’s initiative. He smiled and nodded.
“It looks like I was right to not pass her up as heir.” He thought to himself.
“I withdraw my objection.” Hiashi said and left with the rest of the Hyuugas, except for Hinata.
Tala walked into the room where Hinata and Hiashi were.
“Wow Hinata-chan, I never knew you had that kind of nerve.” Tala said.
“Thank you, Tala-chan.” Hinata said, back to her usual quiet self.
Kiba came into the room and put his arm around Tala.
“You should change clothes.” Kiba said to Tala.
Tala looked down at her practice tank top and pants.
“Why?” She asked.
“It’s a surprise.” He said, smiling.
“Then how will I know what to wear?” She teased.
“Wear the outfit you wore when we first met, minus the coat.”
Tala went to her room to change. When she came out of her room she saw Kiba holding a blindfold.
“What’s that for?”
“It’s a surprise.”
“I don’t think I like this surprise.”
“You will. Don’t worry.”
Tala followed Kiba to the surprise. She could hear people nearby, but she couldn’t tell where she was.
“Alright, you can take the blindfold off now.”
Tala took off her blindfold and looked around her. She looked around and saw the place where they first met.
“Why are we here?”
“I thought it would be nice to have a picnic and reminisce.”
Kiba pointed to a picnic basket on the ground.
“Did you make that yourself?”
”Course not, that would be torture. My mom made it.”
Tala sat on the ground.
“I suppose I could use a break.” She said.
Kiba sat down beside her. Tala laid her head on his shoulder.
“Yeah, we’ve got the rest of our lives to train and kick ass.” Kiba said.





THE END



Tell me how you like the epilogue.
This story archived at http://www.narutofic.org/viewstory.php?sid=1452