TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Forgotten Thunder by Kamisori

[Reviews - 52]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: *Wearing party hat* WHOO! I'm back and with the sequel that I promised! If you haven't read Thunder and Swirls then I'm telling you now...

GO READ 'THUNDER AND SWIRLS' BEFORE READING THIS STORY!!
Doing so will save you a lot of questions and confusion!

So, I'm going to try and post once a week like I usually do, but I'm writing another Naruto story so there may be times when my updates are behind schuedule! But I shall try my best and write Forgotten Thunder to the best of my ability! Thank you!

I do not, in any way, own Naruto as a character and as a whole. I own Kaminari Hiyori, the entire Hiyori clan, and Kamichi. Jessica Kamiya, and her son, are owned by kuramasgurl018.

"Quotation marks are..." = Speech
Italics are = Thoughts (mostly)

Read on!
Hello, my name is Kaminari Hiyori. My story starts with two people madly in love and man’s jealousy. The two in love are my parents. Suzume, my mother, and Riyu, my father. The jealous man’s name was Mushi Hiyori, a member of my mother’s clan who was in love with her. Mushi told the leader of the clan that Riyu was abusing my mother. That was far from the truth. This news made the head of the clan forbid Riyu and Suzume’s marriage.

Angered by the lies, Suzume, Riyu, along with Suzume’s little sister Kasumi, left the hidden cloud village. They made they’re way to the hidden leaf village, or Konoha, where Suzume had a good friend living there. Konoha welcomed the trio and allowed them to stay. A couple years later, I was born.

As a child, I had only two friends; Jessica Kamiya, whose mother was good friends with my own, and Naruto Uzumaki, a blond haired prankster. Jessica, Naruto, and I were enrolled in the Ninja Academy; a school for ninjas. There we met some interesting classmates. Naruto got a crush on a girl named, Sakura Haruno and I myself found a crush in the form of Shino Abruame.

Here’s where the fairytale ends.

Around this time, Mushi Hiyori had found out my parents were in the leaf village and got permission from his brother, who was the new head of the clan, to go to Konoha. On the day he arrived in the village, he murdered my parents. He then fled, but was caught and executed.

Aunt Kasumi and I were devastated. Kasumi adopted me, but by that time, I had closed off to everyone but Naruto. What about Jessica, you ask? Being an honorary member of my clan, she, and her family, were sent to the cloud village to have her psychic abilities trained, and to learn how to fully harness the angel that was sealed inside of her.

Time passed and I eventually grew out of my emo state and learned how to laugh again. I also learned wield a scythe my father made that was named, Kamisori. It became my favorite weapon to use in battle.

Naruto’s crush on Sakura never faded and neither did my own crush on Shino. However, I HATED Sakura. She saw no one but Sasuke Uchiha, a stuck up emo kid, and treated Naruto like he was less than the dirt he walked on. How Naruto fell for such a girl, I’ll never know. I personally wished that Naruto would go for Hinata Hyuga, at least she would return his feelings. Naruto made Sasuke his rival for both Sakura’s attention and power. Oh, did I forget to mention that Sakura’s feelings are one sided? Sasuke cares for no one but himself and his ambition. Another reason why I dislike him, too.

A strange twist of fate changed this--well, slightly changed this. The day after we all graduated from the Ninja Academy, we were put in teams. Any guesses on who I was put with? That’s right, Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura! On top of that, our new sensei turned out to be Kakashi Hatake of the Sharingan Eye! Cool?

If you can excuse his constant tardiness and porn-reading. Our group seemed destined for failure from the start, but somehow, we managed to pull through.

On a mission to the Land of Water to protect Tazuna, a master bridge builder, we were attacked by missing-nin Zabuza Momochi and his (cute) sidekick, Haku. During that mission, not only did both Sasuke and I almost die and awaken our Kekkei Genkai, but we grew somewhat closer as well…in a sibling kind of way. Sakura and I were still at each other’s throats like back in the academy.

When we returned home from that mission, things really turned upside down. First off, Jessica and her family returned to the village. (Her new abilities are amazing; be careful what you’re thinking, she will know.) Then we come across a sand ninja named, Gaara of the Dessert (I still think “of the Dessert” is a stupid last name) and his siblings.

The Chunin Exams begin and all my classmates participate in it. I was in it as well, but I was put in a group with Jessica and a guy named Shimo Hiyori. Shimo blamed me for the death of his parents. If anyone should be angry, it should be me! It was HIS father that killed MY parents!

During the Forest of Death exam, my new squad came to my old squad’s aid. After seeing Sakura fight so hard to protect Naruto, Sasuke, and Lee, (a boy Jessica has a crush on) I couldn’t help but gain a new respect for my pink haired teammate.

When the preliminary round of the exam came, I took on Jessica and the angel inside her. To be honest, I should have lost that match, but due to a jutsu of mine called, “Yari no Denkai, Spear of Electricity,” I managed to win, but only by milliseconds.

In the last portion of the Chunin Exams, it was a Hiyori vs. Hiyori battle when I took on Shimo’s ice against my electricity. I honestly don’t remember much of that battle. I only remember fighting hard, using my Element Barrage Jutsu against his, and waking up in the infirmary area of the stadium with Jessica, Kasumi, and fellow genin Neji Hyuga. I got to meet the head of my clan, Samui Hiyori. He told me that Shimo was sent back to the cloud village to get better treatment for his wounds.

It was around this time that the village was attacked by former leaf ninja, Orochimaru and his sound and sand ninja. When the infirmary was attacked, Samui and Kasumi held off the invading ninja while Neji, Jessica, and myself, escaped through an underground passageway. Thanks to Neji, we managed to find the exit, only to be attacked by sand ninja! They proved to be more than what our ragtag group could handle, but, thankfully, we were saved.

Jessica and I went after Naruto when we sensed that he was in trouble. I never made it to Naruto, but saved Shino instead while Jessica continued on to finding Naruto. The threat to the village was eradicated and the third Hokage died fighting Orochimaru.

Immediately after the Hokage’s funeral, the village was infiltrated again by two S-rank criminals; Itachi Uchiha, and Kisame Hoshigaki. Kasumi, Kurenai, Asuma, Kakashi, and I took them on until Gai arrived. (Can’t blame those two for running.) I later fought against them again alongside Jessica, Naruto, Sasuke, and Jiraya. Once again, when Gai arrived, they were long gone. That was the day I achieved the next level of my bloodline limit, Hiyorime.

The village gained a new Hokage, Tsunade. She has more bills to pay then there is people in the village! But still, you can’t help but like her. When Tsunade was at the hospital healing people, I stopped by Lee’s room to see how he was recovering. He must have been doing well by the way he and Jessica were kissing. I left quickly.

While my team left for a bodyguard mission, I was requested for a mission back in the Land of Water with Kasumi, Shikamaru and his dad, and Shino and his dad. It was an odd mission with music, three-way fighting, and air hockey, but the overall mission to protect the Mizukage’s teenage son went well…I think. I was unconscious most of the mission.

A few days after we returned home, I got a surprise in the form of Sakura crying at my door. I still remember her words clearly:

“Sasuke’s left the village! Naruto’s gone after him.”

I never ran so fast to the Hokage’s office before in my life. Turns out that I would lead the backup squad for the Sasuke Retrieval squad. My teammates turned out to be the three sand ninja from the Chunin Exams; Temari, Kankuro, and Gaara.

My fight with Sasuke had been a short one. I was not expecting him to do a stun and flee tactic on me. It just wasn’t Sasuke’s style. Had I been more focused on my surroundings, I would have seen Kabuto before he put a sword through my chest. If I had known those would be my last few moments alive, I wouldn’t have given in to death so easily.

Death at the age of thirteen was not on my, “To Do” list. Meeting Kamichi, my green haired Guardian Angel, and attending my own funeral also wasn’t on my list. So many tears…so much sorrow. Hell, I even remember the last things I said to people when I was alive.

My last words to Sasuke were: “You can thank your brother for beating the shit out of you for this one, Sasuke.” His last words to me was mocking my dream to protect those closest to me. How could I protect my precious people when I couldn’t protect myself?

To Shikamaru and Shino, I was complaining on how I was unconscious for pretty much the entire mission. Although they never reached Kasumi, my last words to her were, “Go away, Aunt Kasumi! I’m not in the mood.”

The last words I heard from Sakura was when she was telling me about Sasuke and Naruto leaving the village. I wish I told her something before I left. If I could go back to that moment, I would tell her, “Be strong, I’ll give it my all to bring them home safely.”

Kakashi-sensei…I was trying to get him to tell me was was going on. “Why were those two after Naruto? Why did Sasuke start screaming when all Itachi did was look at him?! And what was up with those spiffy looking hats?! Where can I get one?!” Kakashi had told me everything he knew about the Akatsuki and where I could find me a hat like they had.

I yelled at the Hokage for putting Naruto in danger on the Sasuke Retrieval mission and the last time I spoke with Naruto, I was wishing him, Sasuke, and Sakura, good luck on a mission. Again, I should have said something more…


“You thinking of your living days again?” Said the green haired angel floating beside the blue haired ghost. Kaminari glanced at him before floating down to her weatherworn gravestone.

“Yeah,” Kaminari said as she traced the letters on the gravestone with her transparent hand. “It’s hard to believe that it’s been almost four years since I died.”