TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Legacy by Kitsune no Rai

[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: This fanfiction takes place shortly after the Sand/Sound Invasion.

Disclaimer: I don’t own Naruto.
It was another sandstorm again. The sky was made invisible by the sand as Temari looked outside the window from inside the Kazekage tower. The building held a somber mood as the fierce presence of Sunagakure’s leader was no more. She glanced once again over out the window sighing deeply. Finding nothing more to look at and turned to her two younger brothers. Kankuro stood several feet away from her slowly removing his puppet from his back and hitting his shoulders in an attempt to generate much needed movement from them. Gaara remained in the far corner of the room away from his siblings standing by the desk that their father once frequently occupied, his face unreadable.

“Well, I guess we can say that mission was a failure,” Kankuro said, breaking the silence.

Temari’s eyes jolted back to Kankuro. “How can you joke at a time like this? The Kazekage- our father… He’s dead, and we don’t know what happened to him.” Temari thought back to a couple hours ago. There, lying on a cold table lay her father’s body, decomposing with several maggots on his skin. She watched as one of the medic-nin in the room removed the maggots one by one.

“It’s not that difficult to joke about this. He went out like a wimp. Besides, we know what happened. He got stabbed in the heart,” Kankuro retorted sitting down where he once stood, mimicking a stabbing motion with his hand. Temari pulled herself back to the present.

“Kankuro, you-”

“Enough,” Gaara spoke up, silencing the two while taking a few steps forward toward his siblings. Their eyes widened as he approached. Gaara stopped for a moment. He stood there with a calculating look on his face before his eyes showed complete understanding of the situation. “I’m not going to kill you.”

Temari was clearly surprised. It was hard for her to believe hearing Gaara say ‘not’ and ‘kill’ to someone in the same sentence. She sensed some sincerity in his voice.

“Maybe him apologizing to us in Konoha was not a joke after all,” she thought.

Kankuro still maintained a weary glare, but it wasn’t enough to make Gaara refrain from approaching them.

“We know who killed the Kazekage!” A ninja male burst opened the door wildly in a fit of anger and excitement, almost tripping over the three stairs that lay in front of the door.

“Who?” Temari asked.

“Orochimaru.”

“How do you know for sure,” Kankuro stood up once again, shifting his attention to the man at the door.

“We did an autopsy on the Kazekage and found saliva surrounding the wound. Orochimaru is infamous for hiding weapons in his mouth. This, coupled with the fact that we have eyewitness reports that Orochimaru masqueraded as the Kazekage and revealed himself once the invasion on Konohagakure began, leads us to believe that Orochimaru is the murderer of the Fourth Kazekage.”

The room went silent upon hearing the feral growl Gaara released from his lips. The man slowly moved out of the office, nearly tripping on the stairs again, and closed the door behind him leaving the threesome alone once again.

“Orochimaru,” Gaara mumbled.

“He betrayed us all,” Kankuro said.

Temari walked over toward the chair behind the desk. She leaned her fan on a nearby wall before sitting down in the chair her father once occupied every day. She had a full view of the medium sized room. Straight acroos from her was the giant window she was looking at earlier. In the middle of the sand-colored carpeted floor was the Sand Village’s emblem of the hourglass. On the right lay three stairs that led to the only door in the room. Right beside the desk was a huge bookshelf that was filled with books neatly stacked. Her father was neat freak. Even the papers on the desk were organized by use and stacked without a hint of disorder to be seen.

“I can’t believe you are sitting in that man’s desk,” Kankuro chided, anger apparent in his voice.

“Shut-up, Kankuro.”

“Look Temari, he wasn’t exactly father-of-the-year material you know,” Kankuro continued. “He put us through a lot of crap.”

Temari slammed her hands fiercely into the desk. “Don’t you think I know that? I’m not a fool, Kankuro! I know full well what he was like!” She looked over to see Gaara standing by the door with an indifferent look. She could feel a giant lump in her throat as she tried to form the words to talk to Gaara.

“What, Temari?” Gaara spoke up.

Temari’s eyes widened a little as she tried to regain her thoughts. “W-What do you think about this, Gaara?” The words came out slow and clearly lingered with fear.

Gaara raised an eyebrow before pushing himself off the wall he was propped onto and turning to face the door. “I really don’t care. You two can do whatever you want. I’m leaving.”

Temari and Kankuro stared at the door blankly as it closed behind Gaara.

Temari refocused on Kankuro. “Kankuro, why don’t you go after him?”

“I’m not crazy about dying just yet.”

Temari chuckled a little before sitting back down in the seat.

“Why don’t you go after him, Temari?”

“I doubt Gaara would want anything to do with either of us right now.”

“He’s such a pain.”

The room went quiet. The only exception was the sand hitting the outside of the windows. Kankuro let out a sigh as he walked over to his puppet. He gave it a quick overview before picking it up and setting it on his back once again.

“Kankuro?”

“What now?”

“What do you think about what Gaara said when we were leaving the Leaf Village?”

Kankuro looked up at the ceiling for a moment. “You mean that apology?” Temari nodded. “I’m not buying it.”

Kankuro continued upon seeing his sister’s surprised reaction. She was clearly taken aback. “I can’t believe you find it so easy to forgive him, Temari. He’s a monster. One wrong move, and you’re dead. Do you honestly expect me to forgive him because he said ‘I’m sorry’ after getting his butt handed to him by that Uzumaki kid? No. Brother or not, I know who what he really is. It’s time for you to wake up and see that too. I’m leaving.” Kankuro marched towards the door.

Temari rose once again from her seat. “Kankuro, he’s our brother. He’s all we have left.”

Kankuro grabbed the doorknob. “No Temari . You’re all I have left.”

Her response escaped Kankuro’s ears as he closed the door quickly behind him leaving her alone in the Kazekage’s office.

Temari grit her teeth in anger. “I can’t deny that there is some truth to what he says.” Temari’s features softened once more as she turned to the bookshelf that stood on the right side of the room facing the desk. It was indeed a monstrous bookshelf. Made of a strong oak, the bookshelf had a regal finish to it that made it look as if it would hold up for generations while still looking impressive. The sheer amount of books on the shelf was further proof of that. Upon closer inspection, Temari realized that it was also in alphabetical order. She let her eyes wonder through the numerous books before she laid eyes on a book in the bottom right-hand corner that went unlabeled. Her curiosity peaked; she walked over the shelf and reached down for the book. As she sat down, she noticed that the binding was coming apart slightly. The cover was a deep red and lacked a title. She opened the book and saw a photo of her parents. Shocked, she turned the page only to see another one of them at some sort of festival. Her mother wore a pink kimono while her father a black one with a red sash. Her mother looked incredibly happy, with a grin that Temari missed from her early childhood.

“How long has this photo album been here?” she thought aloud.

Feeling emotional cords being pulled that she did not want revealed in public, she picked up the book and her fan and walked out. She opened the book once more. This time see saw a picture that almost broke down her tough exterior. The picture was one of her and Gaara. Gaara had a big smile on his face as he pulled at Temari’s hair lightly. Temari had her left eye closed; holding her brother tight was a small smirk on her face. She pulled the picture out of its wrapping and looked on the back.

"Gaara: age 2 Temari: age 5"

She placed the picture back into the album and closed it again once.

“Kankuro, you’re wrong. It’s the three of us.”

Temari took one more look at the desolate office before closing the door.
Chapter end notes: A/N: Well, this is the end of the first chapter of Legacy. I’ve wanted to do this fanfiction for a while now, but it wasn’t until recently that I finally had a reaction for each of them that I felt comfortable with. While I’m still deciding which one of the three goes first (each sibling gets their own chapter). Please review and let me know what you think. Until next time.