TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Slumbers Tight Embrace by shakeitup_01

[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: All Naruto characters owned (unfortunately, then again, nothing would ever happen because of my lack of skills) by Masashi Kishimoto. All other characters that might further develop are my babies. Thanks for reading!
Chapter notes: Eh, all (most) things owned by Masashi Kishimoto. Enjoy.
With one last slash of his kunai, his foe fell before him. Blood spatter fell like rain. The crimson mess ran down his face in a mock display of tears. A malicious grin adorned his face as cold azure eyes swept over the carnage. Absentmindedly his tongue snaked out, catching a rouge drop of the sanguine fluid. The feverish gleam in his eyes began to fade as the adrenaline high from the fight, for it could not be called a battle, began to wear off.

This clan of thirty was wiped out in a matter of minutes. What would have once brought a sweat to his tan face now only brought a maniacal smirk of unadulterated delight.

These days nothing and no one posed as a challenge for him.

From the corner of his cerulean eye, there was a movement. A petite body began to drag itself towards a small door that led to a dark empty hallway.

If only they had waited, he thought. The mad gleam returned to his eyes. The gleeful smile never falling from his face.

With purposeful strides, he quietly walked to the fallen girl. She caught his movements as he gracefully stalked up to her, much as a predator would its prey.

He stopped before her, grinning from ear to ear. In the dim light, it was hard to make out her age or appearance. With only a flick of the wrist, three shuriken seamlessly appeared in his hand. Another flick sent them flying towards the opposite wall where they ripped through the thin paper allowing the daylight to filter through.

Terrified cocoa eyes met empty cobalt ones.

He took in her fallen form. She was a pretty girl, around eight he would have guessed. She had not yet lost her baby fat, which left her cheeks rounded and gave her an even more childlike appearance. Her long onyx hair was matted with gore. A deep cut ran from her right shoulder to her chest. The blood flowed freely from it. The once colorless kimono she wore was now the color of rust and saturated in blood, both hers and her clans.

He did not even remember striking her in his berserker fight mode.

He lifted his still bloodied kunai prepared to strike. A whimper of pain, and fear, escaped her lips as she flinched back from his abrupt gesture.

A once familiar pang of sympathy made him hesitate from delivering the killing blow. The cruel smile finally leaving his face. The last time he felt this uncertain was three years prior. The sole reason for him being this hardened killer.

“What’s your name girl?” he spoke in a surprisingly soft voice. The girl opened her mouth to reply when a wracking cough overtook her small frame. A trickle of blood came from her still open mouth. She was dying.

“Kaiko, it means child of forgiveness,” came her wispy voice. Another cough consumed her lithe body. More blood came from her lips.

How perfect, he thought. “Kaiko, I see, a fitting name indeed. I am in need of a new underling; I killed my last one in an unfortunate act of rage. Seeing, as you no longer have any family or clan, I shall train you to be my assistant. Close your eyes now, this will hurt you more than it will me.”

The child closed her chocolate colored eyes, lying limp. Most of her energy had been taken by the slash across her shoulder and chest. Her remaining strength was spent when she told him her name.

His hands hovered above her body sea foam green current circled his hands. The chakra writhed as he used concentrated chakra control to begin healing the injuries he caused. Kaiko’s cries of agony sent a shiver of sadistic pleasure up his spine. He easily could have put her in an unconscious state, but he wanted her to pay for the guilt she made him feel.

Hours seemed to pass as he worked on Kaiko’s body. He never broke a sweat. That tends to happen when you have an endless supply of chakra at your disposal, he thought to himself.

Finally, her limp body was healed. Probably better than before the massacre had occurred.

Kaiko opened her tired eyes. When they looked into his ultramarine eyes there was a battle raging inside them. The hate for murdering her clan clashed with the gratitude of allowing her to live, and of course, a flicker of forgiveness that was her namesake.

Kaiko tried to move but the corpses surrounding her made most movement difficult. Her body was already overcome with a to-the-bone weariness.

Before she could sub come to sleep, Kaiko asked him a question in her delicate voice, “What is your name?”

He stared at her in stoic silence, his face void of all emotion. Kaiko’s eyes began to droop. She was seconds away from sleep. Right before slumber took her into its tight embrace, she heard his commanding voice reply.

“Naruto. My name is Naruto.”
Chapter end notes: I hope you all liked it. R/R if you so wish.