TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Root: The Kazegan by Gikaru

[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: Welcome to my fanfiction. My name is Greg, you can call me GCokes if you'd like. This fanfiction is based off the universe created by JFalcon in New Blood. I use various characters which he created and I have edited the timeline and events which occured in New Blood a tad bit to fit my story.
(Updated 3/10/09)Background: Basically, the Story takes place after a final battle which occured at the gates of Konoha during the 4th Great Shinobi War in New Blood. The end result was that Konoha and its allies Suna and Kiri(led by Hozuki Suigetsu. They were led to Konoha by Uchiha Sasuke), overcame the Sound Organization led by Kabuto. Kabuto had planned to eliminate all the Hidden Villages and Daimyos and make himself the Supreme Shogun. To help him in his ambitions, he aquired the help of Iwa and later, Kumo(after they betrayed Konoha). He used a combination of Samurai and Shinobi in the thousands to try and overcome the walls of Konoha but they were unsuccessful. Gaara, the Kazekage, and the rest of his shinobi, eliminated the Wind Daimyo who had betrayed his village while Gaara was away. He had left Kankuro in charge and in New Blood, Kankuro's status is unknown(In my story, it will be revelead whether he died or not). With the village overcome by Sound Operatives and Wind Samurai, the remaining residents of Suna took refuge in Konoha. Eventually, Kiri was also forced from its homeland by Kumo during a battle at sea while Sasuke was there attempting to make peace talks with them. He discovered that the Mizukage was his old accomplice, Hozuki Suigetsu, and after suffering major losses, the remaining forces of Kiri made their way back to Konoha also. Together, they overcame the Sound Organazation and the armies of Kumo and Iwa. Kabuto's status is unknown, he is thought to of died but many think he asked during his final showdown with Naruto. His head officers, Okatsu and Hikaru(can both be read about in JFalcon's Character Index), suffered extreme damage and resulted in the death of Hikaru. Okatsu however, embarked on a journey to find true meaning in life. She departed the Land of Fire with her student and family member, Akuma, screaming obscenities in the back of her head.
After all those events is when my story begins!
Then comes my main character Gikaru. As of now, no one knows anything about him nor will they know anything until the actual first chapter. This here is just a prelude to get you ready for the events which are about to unravel in the upcoming chapters. Sooooo, here is, the prelude to Root: The Kazegan.
Disclaimer!: I do not own any of the Naruto characters created by Kishimoto in this story. Nor do I own any of the characters/jutsus created by JFalcon and Dragon6. The only thing I own about this fanfiction are the characters I create and the storyline I am about to unravel.
________________________________________
Konoha had become a land of peace. Much had changed after the final battle. Konoha, Suna and the surprise ally, Kiri, had emerged as the victors. Oto, Iwa, and the treacherous Kumo led by Kabuto’s iron fist, failed to succeed in their attempts to crush Konoha and unite the land under one Shogun.
Every village had suffered a vast amount of losses, agony, and suffering after the war was over. Bonds were strengthened and ties which were once considered inseparable were severed in midst of the angst of war. The once thriving and prosperous Konoha was struggling. It’s walls needed to be repaired, relations between foreign Daimyos and it needed to be straightened out, and most important of all, it needed to replace its most important weapon and it’s most important defense.
Shinobi were nothing but a tool, a weapon, a means of protecting its land’s Daimyo in exchange for money and sometimes, their lives. The people who hired them failed to realize that these “fighting machines” that they hire have their own lives and families which they must tend to on a daily basis and that the death of a ninja is the equivalent of losing one of their own loved ones.
The calm after the storm would not last long. It wouldn’t take much time until the remnants of Oto rebuilt itself. Whether it be under the command of the now missing Kabuto or a new dictator, once they were stabilized they surely would not hesitate to make another attempt at destroying Konoha. Iwa would have less trouble getting back on its feet. The Tsuchikage had managed to survive and they had plenty of ninja left to maintain their standing as one of the five most powerful ninja villages.
Kumo was on the fence. After the death of the true Raikage, Hattori Tetsuo reclaimed his position as Raikage. His clan had suffered many losses at the hands of Konoha. His little sister had defected from his village and joined the ranks of Oto to later be slaughtered by Leaf shinobi. His father made an attempt at the now Rokudaime Hokage, Naruto, but failed miserably and fell to his death. No one knew whether or not the Village Hidden in the Clouds would side with or against the Leaf.
As for Konoha’s allies, they were no better off than any other village. Suna was on the brink of ceasing to exist. There was an ongoing political battle going on in the Land of Wind for the position of Daimyo. There were barely any missions being sent to the village and they were depending on foreign feudal lords to send them requests which paid less than half what their own land once paid. Konoha had been trying to offer them any extra missions they could but the Leaf needed as many missions as they could get. The only time they would pass anything on to Suna is if it were more convenient to them or if they had a shortage of shinobi.
Kiri made the trip back to its homeland after the battle. Kumo had forcefully pushed them from their home and now they were back to continue on with business as usual. When they had arrived, rogue ninja were attempting to take control of the village but were easily overpowered by the full force of their army. The current Mizukage, Hozuki Suigetsu, began the process of rebuilding the Kiri no Shinobigatana Nananin Shu. They notified their new partners, Suna and Konoha, of the revitalization of their program and let them know that the methods they will use will be very similar to those used in the past. Whether or not Suna and Konoha condone their methods is unknown but neither village is in a position to attempt to dictate another village’s actions.
________________________________________
Konoha had a long, hard road ahead. Naruto realized that it would not be easy and he would need to cooperate with his allies if he hoped to restore his village’s former glory. Rebuilding the village would be no easy task. The East, South, and West walls had been damaged during the final battle, several homes were destroyed, and even its natural barrier, the trees, needed to be replanted and kept.
He had not seen such devastation to his village since the last time it had been infiltrated nearly 15 years ago by Nagato. He would not let the village go in to the dark time it had gone in to before again. In an attempt to gain the advice of his fellow shinobi, he called a meeting of the leaders of Konoha’s most well known clans.
During this meeting Naruto would reveal a program Tsunade and he had kept behind closed doors for the last year or so. In preparation for the aftermath of the then upcoming war, Tsunade consulted Naruto about rebuilding Root. Both of them had experienced firsthand the devastation of the once hidden branch of Anbu so she knew there was no better person to consult. She knew that whether Konoha faced victory or defeat, the village would be in a state of weakness.
After the last invasion of Konoha, Danzo, the former leader of the now defunct Root and past candidate for Sandaime Hokage along Sarutobi Hiruzen, attempted a coup d’état against her in her fragile state but her star pupil, Sakura, came to her rescue alongside Gamakichi and several other Konoha shinobi, including Sai. To finally end the threat of Root, Tsunade made sure that any remnants of the program were destroyed and any shinobi who didn’t agree to join the ranks of Anbu or the other Konoha shinobi as an alternate punishment for their betrayal would face death.
However, many would criticize the Godaime and him for their secrecy but they would thank him because if it were not for their reconstruction of Root, the village would have no other choice but to sell some of its own land back to the Daimyo to be able to pay for the reconstruction of Konoha. He would consult Shikamaru, his head advisor, on the matter before the meeting for how he would present this to the clan leaders. Naruto knew that Shikamaru would have the best plan of action for the situation than anyone else in Konoha.
The shinobi in Root were going to surprise even Naruto, let alone the rest of the village, with their skill, intelligence, and performance. It would take time, talking, and patience to have Konoha accept their new residents, but it would all pay off in the end.
________________________________________
Glossary:
Kiri no Shinobigatana Nananin Shu- The Seven Ninja Swordsmen of the Mist
________________________________________
A/N: Hope you liked it, I'm working really hard to make this story as popular and successful as possible. However, I can not do this alone. I need the help of you guys, my readers to review and suggest characters, plot, and fix any irregularities you see in my story. I am open to suggesstions and maybe if your suggestion is good, you'll see it here in my story(with credit to you of course). I'll either post the 1st chapter later tonight after work or tomorrow morning. Have fun everyone