TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Duchess Raiu by Seven Invisible Wounds

[Reviews - 2]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Hey everyone! Hope you enjoy this story! If you do, then please review!!! Oh, and be sure to read my author's notes at the end of chapters! Thanks!
Sasuke was not the kind of man who liked to show emotions. Everything he felt, he hid behind black glassy eyes and a pronounced smirk. He was an Uchiha; therefore he should be in control – of himself, of others, of the world.

But that was not how he felt now.

~~~

The rain poured from the sky in a steady torrent, pitter-patter against the cement sidewalk where Sasuke stood. There were very few other people out today, seeing as the weather was horrible, but Sasuke had been determined.

Grabbing a large, black umbrella, he braved Mother Nature’s wrath and headed out onto the streets. Thanks to his long legs, he reached his destination fairly quickly: one of many tall, nondescript, grey sky-scrapers.

He raised a sleek silver phone to his mouth, smirk already in place. “I’m here, dobe. Where are you? In case you haven’t noticed it’s *raining* out here.”

His heart warmed at the answering chuckle he received. “Yeah whatever, teme. You know you just hate the rain because it melts you prefect hair! Haha!”

The Uchiha smirk slid off Sasuke’s face, replaced by clouded annoyance.

“Just get out here!”

>Click<

Snapping his phone shut, Sasuke waited for his lover to join him, forcing his annoyance away.

The real reason Sasuke had bothered Naruto at his job was, ridiculously enough, because of a dream. Sasuke was not spiritual, and didn’t believe in dream-divination or any nonsense like that, but seeing Naruto’s sprawled, bloody body laid out before him, had haunted him.

A few moments later, automatic doors slid open to reveal a disheveled-looking Naruto, dressed in a black suit and crooked blue tie. The tie Sasuke had bought him last Christmas. A smile tugged at Sasuke’s lips. He fought it until a blonde bullet knocked into his chest, then he let a rare grin emerge.

Naruto was in his arms, holding him close, eyes shut tight. “S’uke,” he whispered adoringly, causing Sasuke’s heart to clench with love. The much-needed relief filled Sasuke to the core.

Sasuke would have been happy to hold the blonde all day, but Naruto sighed reluctantly, pulling away slowly from Sasuke’s vice-like grip.

“Naru,” he purred in a tan ear, “Don’t go… Get ‘sick’ today and let me play doctor…”

Blushing and grinning, Naruto took another step back, shaking his head. “I can’t S’uke. I’m sorry!”

Because he was backing up, Naruto didn’t see the chunk of missing concrete in the sidewalk. He had no idea what was going on when his foot twisted, throwing him off balance, and found himself fallen in the middle of the busy street.

Sasuke, eyes wide and horror on his face, lunged toward his blonde…

The truck slammed into Naruto’s frozen body, sending blood everywhere.

All Sasuke could hear was Naruto’s last ragged breath, ripped from his chest as he was hit. All he could taste was the sickening bile of heartbreak and guilt. All he could feel was the wind stealing away the last traces of warmth Naruto’s body had left behind. All he could smell was the metallic scent of blood; so much blood. And all he could see were a pair of blue eyes looking back at him, wide with shock and terror.

Sasuke’s red hands gripped his hair as he screamed to the rain.

“NO!!! WHY DID YOU TAKE MY NARUTO AWAY FROM ME?! WHY?!”

~~~

Sasuke was not the kind of man who liked to show emotions. Everything he felt, he hid behind black glassy eyes and a pronounced smirk. He was an Uchiha; therefore he should be in control – of himself, of others, of the world.

But that was not how he felt now.

……………….

Sasuke felt like spitting. Loudly, and letting it dangle from his mouth before letting it hit the ground with a wet *smack!*

He didn’t, of course, as it wasn’t appropriate conduct for a funeral.

He sat stiffly in the first pew, as close to Naruto’s casket as he could get. Naruto had no family, but the other seats were filled with weeping friends and solemn coworkers.

Sasuke was filled with disgust for every human in the room. Who were they to cry over Naruto? They had no idea about the man’s true self: his fears, doubts, what made him angry and what made him sad. They had never bothered to look beyond the sunny, smiling exterior that Naruto hid behind.

When it came time for eulogies, the priest called Sasuke’s name last. He rose stiffly, and walked slowly to the podium. He looked down on the upturned faces; all were red with grief. He opened his mouth to spit out some profanity – unleash his inner turmoil on these unsuspecting victims – when he felt a light caress against his cheek.

A transparent Naruto stood before him, humor swimming in his cerulean eyes as he shook his head. “S’uke,” he breathed, almost silently, “be kind to them. It’s not their fault they’re not you.” Naruto pressed a chaste kiss against Sasuke’s cheek, but Sasuke was unable to feel it.

Sasuke bowed his head, hands gripping the podium tightly. His face was hidden by his dark halo of hair, but when he looked up, the audience was shocked. The degree of torture on his face was inhuman, and tears were leaking from his dark eyes.

“Naruto,” he rasped, “was the most beautiful person in this world, and it will never be the same without him. I don’t know how I’ll get through every day without being able to see his smile, his eyes, or hold him. Most of you here today didn’t know him the way I did, but I know you’re hurting, too. I hope we can all remember him fondly. Thank you.”

Unable to look at the shocked pity in everyone’s eyes, Sasuke fled the stage, placing a single white rose on Naruto’s cherry wood coffin. Without looking back, he left the church, walking through the doors and out into the rain.

~~~

Tears mixed with raindrops on Sasuke’s face as he stumbled through the wilderness that surrounded the church. The sky was almost black with clouds and rain, although it was still afternoon. The wind whipped his face and hair and made the trees around him shake.

Sasuke, nearly blind, dropped to the ground, leaning back against a tall gnarled tree stump and allowed himself to cry for the first time in eight years. His roars of pain were lost in the rolling thunder. He raised his eyes to the sky, watching the lightning dance.

“Please,” he whispered, unsure to whom he spoke, “please, give me back my Naruto.”

He closed his eyes, and bowed his head onto his knees. One particularly huge bolt of lightning made the entire sky flash white before it shot down to the earth. It struck the tree stump with enough force to move a train, and that raw energy raced into Sasuke’s crumpled body.

Although the pain was beyond imagining, Sasuke smiled, reaching out to the beautiful tan face that floated in front of him.

=+=+=+=+=
A/N: Hey everyone, hope you like the epilogue, although it was a little short. I know the story might seem random right now, but I promise there’s much more in store! That was no ordinary lightning! Lol. Anyways, please keep reading and review! Thanks!