You'd think being brought up by his mother instead of as an outcast would make Naruto's life a little easier, but nothing comes that easily for a guy with a demon trapped in his belly, even if he's genetically predisposed to handling it.. Eventual Mokuton!Naruto No pairings.
Category: TONFA Award Category, General Fiction > Character-Centric, General Fiction > Pre-Series, General Fiction > Naruto
Characters: Jiraiya, Naruto Uzumaki, Tsunade, Minato Namikaze (Yondaime Hokage)
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, General, Humor
Chapter: 24 Completed: No
Words: 103806 Read: 83047
Published: 01/05/08 Updated: 14/08/08
Story notes: Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
All your ninja are belong to Kishimoto.
Spoilers for everything up to, and including the newest manga chapter.
A/N: This is NOT a pairing oriented fic. 1. Prologue: Life Altering Events by Baal of Yarns [Reviews - 18] (2822 words)
Now with title art.
Currently, I have no beta, and I'm kind of more of an artist than a writer. It's been a long time since I tried to write fiction so er, this chapter is a little rougher than the other 10 I've got written. It gets more polished after this! ;)
2. Chapter 1: Dealing with It by Baal of Yarns [Reviews - 0] (4313 words)
3. Chapter 2: A Little Over a Year Later by Baal of Yarns [Reviews - 1] (3332 words)
4. Chapter 3: Terrible Twos by Baal of Yarns [Reviews - 2] (3227 words)
5. Chapter 4: Not as Useful as it Might Seem by Baal of Yarns [Reviews - 3] (2750 words)
6. Interlude: Training Day by Baal of Yarns [Reviews - 8] (5743 words)
7. Chapter 5: Progress by Baal of Yarns [Reviews - 3] (3152 words)
8. Chapter 6: Into the Deep by Baal of Yarns [Reviews - 2] (3707 words)
9. Chapter 7: Rescue at the Beach by Baal of Yarns [Reviews - 2] (3336 words)
10. Chapter 8: Out of the Deep by Baal of Yarns [Reviews - 1] (3766 words)
11. Interlude: I Wanted a Kitty! by Baal of Yarns [Reviews - 2] (2597 words)
12. Chapter 9: Homecoming by Baal of Yarns [Reviews - 1] (4939 words)
13. Chapter 10: Meeting New People by Baal of Yarns [Reviews - 4] (3379 words)
14. Chapter 11: Tsunade's Wrath by Baal of Yarns [Reviews - 3] (3303 words)
15. Interlude: The ROOT of the Issue by Baal of Yarns [Reviews - 5] (4270 words)
16. Chapter 12: Catching the Wave by Baal of Yarns [Reviews - 1] (3692 words)
This chapter is total crack. It's intended to be kind of a fun filler before the story takes a turn for the serious in the next several chaps. I wanted to send off the majority of the comedy as well as Naruto's childhood with a bang, and I felt like the Wave Arc is so overdone in fanfiction as to be ludicrous, so if I were going to attempt it, might as well go all out. :P
This is as silly/fourth wall breaking as it's going to get guys, so just chill out and go with it for a chapter XD. In my opinion crack is better than a boring rewrite from canon. ;) You're either going to totally love or completely hate this chapter if the reviews I'm getting elsewhere are any indication. XD
17. Chapter 13: Into the Sand by Baal of Yarns [Reviews - 2] (5809 words)
18. Chapter 14: Brotherhood by Baal of Yarns [Reviews - 3] (3255 words)
19. Chapter 15: The Two Sides to Every Coin by Baal of Yarns [Reviews - 2] (5263 words)
20. Chapter 16: Making Headway by Baal of Yarns [Reviews - 1] (7138 words)
21. Chapter 17: Cardboard Heroes by Baal of Yarns [Reviews - 16] (5204 words)
22. Interlude: All Good Things Must Come to an End by Baal of Yarns [Reviews - 12] (5192 words)
23. Chapter 18: The Beginning of the Middle by Baal of Yarns [Reviews - 3] (5863 words)
24. Chapter 19: Unlucky Number Seven by Baal of Yarns [Reviews - 14] (7754 words)