TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


I need you more than you need you. by AphoriditeRose

[Reviews - 7]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
hello! if you like, you might want to listen to this song while you read it. It was my inspiration song! lol ^^
Meg and Dia - Nineteen Stars.
Disclaimer: Don't own Naruto. Sasuke does. ^^ lol x

starts off in Sasuke's POV, and then ends in normal point of veiw. =]

---x
$


I scowled, knotting my eyebrows together as I half ran to escape the massacre of the market.


Mothers day.


The smell of flowers, mostly daffodils, was overwhelming. I felt sick, my eyes stinging with unshed tears and the skin stretched white over my knuckles as I clutched the air by my side. Why was everybody so happy? Didn't they know that some people don't have a mother to give flowers to? Are they so ignorant that they can't see the pain their buoyant mood is causing me?


Speaking of buoyant and parentless, my mind wanders to thoughts of a certain blonde dobe. No doubt he's feeling the same as I am right now. Well, not quite. I don't have time to dwell on the absence of a mother. My greif is now anger, where-as the dobe has nobody to blame. Just sheer anguish...


As if my mind suddenly had selective hearing to its own thoughts, the line "The dobe has nobody" swam round my head like a broken record. I grimaced. I closed my eyes, trying to stop myself from thinking up ideas I might regret later, and felt something run into the back of my knees.


My legs buckled beneith me, and I landed on the floor with an unsatisfied thump. I turned round, demanding to know what idiot just knocked me down infrount of godknows how many people. I glared furiously at the curious people watching, then returned my gaze to the small figure who'd caused my undignified fall.


A small girl, no older than seven, was loading a paper bag with it's spilt contence, mumble something incoherent and tucking her long dark hair behind her ears. I sat watching her, trying to penetrate the brat with my famous Uchiha glare. She carried on her mumbling, and when she'd finished loading everything, she turned to me, her face solemn, and bowed her hair.


"Gomen-sai. I didn't mean to knock you down, I was just in a hurry. Here." She held out one of the bouquets of flowers she was holding. It was a contrast of bluebells, white jasmines, daffodils, and 3 bright orange flowers which I didn't know the name of. They where tied neatly by a dark blue ribbon, and I noticed I was staring blankly at said flowes when the girl placed them in my lap, bowed her head again, and skipped off with her large, heavy looking bag.


I held the flowers into the sunlight. The words 'conspiracy' ran through my mind. Why does everything remind me of that damn dobe?


Hn. Feeling slightly put out by the thought, I rose to my feet and dusted my trousers down.



---



I found myself infrount of Naruto's apartment. It was just gone 12, and the sun was warm on my back, while the air was cold and bitter.


I rose my fist to knock, then paused. What would the dobe think? His rival arriving on his doorstep with a bunch of flowers?


Hold up, what did I care what the dobe thought? Heck, does the idiot even think?


Maybe that was a little too harsh.. the dobe had grown on me, and I could easily say I liked him.. Where was this coming from?! I turned to walk away, feeling stupid, then turned round to face the door again. I grumbled, feeling like a coward.


I raised my hand to knock, but the door had already opened. A mass of blonde and orange, presumably Naruto, ran through the doorframe and almost knocked me over as his arms wrapped around my waist, and his head burrying into my shoulder.


Shocked, I looked down at him, his body was trembling, and his tears where soaking through my shirt, his fingers clutching at me as if I where his lifeline.


I felt my heart beat faster, thrumming as my blood ran races through my veins. I felt Naruto's pain. It was there, in my chest, it was painful. It was.. heartbreaking...


I pulled the blonde closer, resting my head on his and stoking his hair comfortingly. I didn't know what was wrong, and I couldn't understand why it was me he was seeking comfort in. Nor did I understand why I was letting him soak my shirt through. Actually, I didn't care.


At the moment, I was just glad to be here when I was. And to be here when he truley needed me.


----


Naruto burried his head in Sasuke's chest, sobbing unwantonly into his best friends shirt. He needed this right now more than he ever had. Every part of his being screamed for what Sasuke was giving him now; affection.


With Iruka on a mission in the Sand, Naruto had stayed inside, knowing that going out would only deepen the hole in his heart. Watching children with their parents, taking everything for granted. Everything that he would die for.


Naruto pulled away, fixing his eyes on the floor. "I.. I'm sorry, Sasuke. It's just.. I.." He cut himself short when a fresh flow of tears threatened to cascade over the red rims of his already puffy eyes, and he bit his lip. Sasuke pulled the boys chin upwards, and held the azure eyes gaze.


"I understand."


Sasuke pulled Naruto back into his arms, and stood there for a while, cooing the boy into a somewhat more stable state than before.


Sasuke realised just how much he loved and needed the buoyant and happy mask of Naruto's. Maybe even more than Naruto himself needed it.


Naruto stood back, and held his frount door open for Sasuke, a genuin smile gracing his lips and red eyes as he sniffed back more tears with obvious effort.


Sasuke stepped through the door, taking Naruto's hand as he did.


'Although you never noticed, you where always there. The one who kept me going. So this time, I'll be your rock. And I'll prove to you, Naruto, that you mean much more to me than I let on.'


Naruto squeezed the ravens hand and walked into the, suprisingly clean, kitchen. Last time Sasuke remembered it, it was littered with.. well, just about everything with the exeption of a stray noodle. No, Naruto would never, ever let a noodle go to waste!


Sasuke was the first to speak. "Impressive.. Who are you and what have you done with my Naruto?"


Despite himself, Naruto chuckled, and quirked a blonde eyebrow at his friend.


"Your Naruto?"


Sasuke rolled his eyes, although he knew full well that he ment it. "Dobe."


"I guess I just had time on my hands. I had nothing else to do..." Naruto shrugged.


"Nothing else to do? Dobe, you missed training." Sasuke pointed out, hoping to squeeze something more out of him.


Naruto sighed. His breath was misted in the cold air, and Sasuke raised an eyebrow. Guess he can't afford heating. If I ask now, we'll never get back on this subject..


The blonde turned to his best-friend/rival/team-mate, staring thoughtfully at the ground by Sasuke's feet.


"You must know how it feels, Sasuke. To see children running up and down the market with their fathers hunting down mothers day presents. Not to have a mother who you'd make breakfast in bed for, nor a father to teach you how to throw your first shuriken. Even if all my parents did was ground me all the time, I just wish they where here."


Naruto looked up from the floor to meet the Uchiha's understanding gaze, and Naruto suddenly remembered - He had all that once.


"Do you miss them?" He asked, his voice not sympathetic, but compassionate. They wheren't so diffrent. They both suffered the same thing everyday, but handled it in diffrent ways.


"Yeah, I do. My father was never one for bed-time storys and cuddles though. He was too wrapped up in training Itachi." His voice cracked when he said his name, but carried on none-the-less. "My mother was, though. I still remember how she used to smell. Like cinnamon and figs.." He cut himself off. He promised himself he wouldn't get caught up in his past again, and if it was, it was only to renew his anger enough to kill Itachi.


Or to feel something which would remind him he was alive.


Naruto smiled, "You know, you've always smelt a bit cinnamon-ish to me. Must be where you get it from!"


Naruto grinned, in defience of his mood, and unlike the other surreal grins, the small, genuin smile that curved his lips at that moment was almost beautiful to Sasuke.


Naruto sat on the worktop of his small kitchen, his fingers still entwined in Sasuke's. Comfortable silence surrounded them, light and content.


The blonde piped up, diverting Sasuke's gaze at the far wall. (If you can call 5 meters far).


"So, what brings you to this lovely, ecstatic neighbourhood?" his voice with thick with sarcasm, and Sasuke chewed his lip bashfully.


"I figured you could use some company." 'And everything in this damned village seems to be reminding me of you, at the moment.' "And, well, I thought you might.. like these flowers. They reminded me of you. Orange and Blue, like your hideous jumpsuit, yellow like your," 'very sweet smelling,' "blond hair," Sasuke lifted an arm and ruffled Naruto's hair playfully.


His hand rested on the back of Naruto's neck, and the next words came out in an almost unaudiable whisper. "And the jasmines, just because they're beautiful... like you."

Naruto's cheeks where dusted a dark crimson, and he toyed with Sasuke's fingers, which where entwined with his, nervously. He was lost for word, where had that come from? He'd always loved Sasuke, but he put it down to a hopeless case and persued Sakura in an attempt to put him out of his mind.


Now that was a hopeless case! He could never get Sasuke out of his mind, however many hemerages Sakura may give him in a day, his soft velvet voice, his pale, marble like skin, his dark, obsidian eyes haunted his consiousness.


Did Sasuke feel the same way about him? Doubts and What-ifs ran through his mind, but Uzumaki Naruto laughed in the face of danger. He would not be a subject to cowerdice, it was now or never. He'd probably be murdered afterwards, but Sasuke was worth it.


Naruto parted his legs, wrapping them around Sasuke's waist and lent down the capture his lips in his own. Sasuke stood on his toes, and pulled Naruto closer, while his arms wrapped securely around his waist.


Sasuke felt Naruto's lips part, and he took the opportunity to enter his mouth, his tongue dancing over the blondes and tracing every line and nook of Naruto's mouth.


He felt something wet trickle down his cheek, was he crying? No, it wasn't him.


He pulled away, and Naruto was in tears again, his cerulean eyes swimming with unshed moisture, releif, contentment, but he saw the plea beneith all the other emotions. the urgency. And cupped the tan cheeks in his cold hands, gently brushing the tears away with his thumbs pressing his nose to the others.


"I'm not going anywhere, dobe. As much as it's against my nature to admit it, I think I need you and that stupid grin more than you need it yourself."


Naruto scowled playfully, denying what the Uchiha had just claimed he needed. "Bastard, if all you wanted was my sexy smile then I'm not going to give it to you." Naruto hyped, struggling to stop the sides of his mouth from curling upwards into a mischeivious grin.


Sasuke chuckled at the blondes contorted face. His cheeks face, especially round his eyes, was red with the effort, his eyebrows knotted so tightly together you might almost mean that literally.


"Dobe, your so dense. I never said I wanted that sexy smile, did I?"


Naruto was thoughtful for a moment, before his legs, which where still wrapped around Sasuke, pulled the raven closer, and he hugged him tightly, and Sasuke could hear the pulsing thump of his dobes heart.


'hm.. my dobe. I like the sound of that...


"I guess it's going to take time to get used to the fact that somebody actually needs me." He whispered.


"I love you, teme."


"I know, dobe. I love you, too."





- - - x

Alo. I just have a thing for angsty storys, don't I? XD
Pls rate and reveiw. And, tbh, i'm quite happy to keep this story going if you feel your into it? =]
please say yes or no. no 'maybe's lol :P


Song; nineteen starts - meg and dia.
FILL IN THE BOX BELOW.
thankyou.
XD
~Aphoridite. x