TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The tale of the great Uzumaki Kushina. by Lonski

[Reviews - 2]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: This chapter is about answering some hanging questions I left in the first chapter. How Kushina got to Konoha and why.

Please review and pleas enjoy!

.
Thank you to all of you who have reviewed. Means a lot.
This may clear up some things for you about Kushina’s past.
Reviews are the things that keep me writing this, if I don't get any form of appreciation for this, good or bad, this can’t go on.


If I owned Naruto, would I be sitting here writing a fic about it. Would I have time to? oO

------------------------------------------------------------------------


A dark past.

II

The sound of scraping metal, cries of pain and anguish swept the village, broken by ear-bursting explosions that shook the very foundations of the buildings.

She lay stiffly on her bed as she listened to her surroundings; it sounded to her that every explosion blasted away another part of her whole village. That everything was crumbling around her. Disappearing impossibly… into nothingness. She hadn’t even curled up she simply lay there frozen with fear.

Suddenly, her bedroom door opened and a woman with blazing red hair and glassy hazel eyes rushed in and scooped the girl in her arms and held her close as if that small girl was her only anchor to the world.

Suddenly the woman let go, the explosions seemed to be coming closer and closer to them as the blasts became ever powerful. “Quickly my darling, we must leave!” The woman’s voice shook with unconcealed fear.

The little girl simply stood on her feet, where her mother had left her, not even aware that she was trembling violently. Her mother however began to open up draws and closets in the girls room as the young girl simply stood and watched in fearful silence.

Her mother had dressed her hastily from her silken nightdress into travel gear. Boots were donned along with pants made from a durable material and a woolen jumper.

“Come on my darling, we must leave!” Her mother repeated fearfully as she grasped the immobile child’s hand and began to lead her towards the door that led out of her lavishly decorated room.

The girl suddenly frowned and snapped out of her daze. “What’s going on? Where’s father?” She asked in a voice of heart breaking innocence only a child of capable of using.

“He’s fighting outside.” Her mother murmured in sober grief. The woman stood there for a moment as if she was lost in her thoughts. Until a brilliant flash exploded just before the window and sent a nearby building to its knees. Her mother hastily jerked her daughter’s hand once again and they darted into a dark and ominously silent hallway.

“Wait!” The girl suddenly protested and forced her hand free from her mother’s grip. And she ran back into her room. She hurriedly opened her bedside draw and pulled out her closest treasure, a pair of green goggles her father had given her for her birthday. One’s just like his.

Suddenly, the moment of peace passed and another explosion grew and this time it was so close, that this time it tore off the face from their home.

“KUSHINA!” Her mother suddenly cried out in horror as she watched her little girl fall through the air as the floor beneath her feet disappeared in a matter of seconds.

She screamed as she fell but she luckily managed to land on a flat piece of tiled flooring and she slid down the rest of the drop.

“MOTHER!?” She screamed back up to the place where her room once was and her only reply was a blood curdling scream and a slash of metal followed by a sickening a splatter.

Tears welled up in Kushina’s eyes as she stood there rooted to the spot amongst the rubble of her home. The sound of footsteps of the remaining Shinobi grew as they ran down the street closer to Kushina. She turned fearfully expecting them to be enemy Nin but she instantly recognized the swirl pattern of their village symbol.

“Kushina-sama! We have been sent for you, your father has been searching for you.”

Kushina nodded at this as she understood but as one of the two ninja offered to carry the small girl, she protested and pointed back at her home. “M-my Mother, she was there! I can’t leave her!”

The two shinobi paused momentarily. One placed a comforting hand on her shoulder and said. “Find her Kenji.” Kenji, obviously his deputy straightened and saluted him by raising his right arm and crossing it against his chest. “Hai! Understood Hiroshi-sempi!”

“Kushina-sama we must leave.” The Captain said as they both watched the other shinobi disappear in a blur back to the building.

Kushina bit her lip and nodded as his sentence echoed her mothers and an immense wave of dread swept over her. Kushina watched as the second Shinobi disappeared back to her home. And before she knew it, the streets became a blur as she was swept away on the back of the Shinobi.

Everywhere her wide eyes looked, there was death and destruction. Buildings seemed to have been clawed by some demon from the depths of hell, leaving charred torn buildings in its wake. People lay in pools of… No she couldn’t bear to wonder what had happened to them. Kushina closed her eyes and clung onto the Hiroshi for dear life.

They eventually reached some sort of main square after passing through luckily without finding any of the enemy. A man stood in solitude, as if he was immune to all of the terror and devastation around him. Hiroshi placed Kushina back down onto the ground and they walked up towards the man.

“Father?” She asked the man worriedly, he had not turned around.

But then, she met a horrific sight with her eyes. A curved sword stained with her father’s blood stuck out from out of his back. But as soon as her eyes saw it, the sword was retracted, leaving the man to fall to his knees. The destruction, the explosions, the fear all melted away. There was nothing.

“FATHER!” Kushina screamed tears ran freely down her cheeks as she made to dart towards her father, but the Shinobi beside her pulled a hand out and grabbed her arm, preventing her from coming any closer to him.

Kushina watched with horror as her father fall to the ground. But as he fell, a man came into view. However, it wasn’t a man. Such a thing cannot even be called human. Its lifeless eyes stared at them both; its skin seemed to be artificial, off-white in color. Its jaw was hinged in a perfect line across and it dipped into its neck to be hidden in its collar. Its robes were dark and long tattering at the end. A sword protruded almost impossibly from the palm of its outstretched hand.

Hiroshi beside her hissed, “Get back Kushina-sama! As far away from us as you can!” as he shoved her back. She didn’t need telling twice. She spun around fled to the edge of the square, her shaking legs finally giving out beneath her and she crumpled to the floor and sat slumped against the wall and watched with fear through blurred eyes.

“Where is the real you?” The shinobi asked; his voice betrayed him as it trembled slightly. The puppet tilted its head to one side. Mechanical clicks snapped as it moved, revealing the many number of workings inside.

“Here.”

A young quiet voice spoke from behind the shinobi. In the gloom of night, a shadowed figure stood alone. The anonymous man raised his head, revealing a shock of red hair and gleaming green eyes that harshly contrasted with deathly pale skin.

“Sas… Akasuna no Sasori?” Hiroshi whispered in terror. ‘The missing nin of the sand…’ The Shinobi thought, his feared suddenly became worse then he ever believed they would.

The young man simply stood there without any response. He simply stood there and watched Hiroshi before him stare in fear with his mouth agape.

“From this day on… The Uzumaki nation no longer exists.” Sasori simply said. “My hundred puppet army has taken this place to pieces, your leader is dead. All that remains is you and his daughter.” The shinobi cast a side-ward glance as Kushina who sat there motionless against the wall, sobs shook her small frame.

“Don’t be getting any ideas, you have already lost.” Sasori said calmly in a slightly bored tone as he watched the shinobi’s reaction with little interest. The shinobi stood there and suddenly with cold realization did he notice that a thin needle had pierced the skin at the back of his neck. The puppet behind him had cracked its jaw open and spat the needle into him. “Within the next few moments, your body will become numb and immobile. If you are lucky you will be used as my puppet.”

The shinobi listened with a creased brow; it looked as if he had simply resigned himself to his fate without fighting. But suddenly he reached within his robes and pulled out a scroll.

“Resistance is futile.” Sasori said simply.

“Kenji!” The Captain shouted suddenly, alarmed. He was so confident in his ability that he hadn’t even noticed that the other shinobi was still alive.

“Hiroshi-sempi!” Kenji had appeared suddenly into the square from an entrance opposite Kushina. His face bloodied and looking extremely worse for wear. He nursed several severe wounds all over his body, but rushed forward as if they were nothing. “Forgive me the puppe-“

“I don’t have time, activate this and sent Kushina-sama!” And with that, he flung the scroll into the air and towards Kenji. And as soon as he threw the scroll, Hiroshi fell to the ground, lifeless.

Sasori’s puppet flew in the air towards the scroll but was a second too late. Kenji caught it and ducked down as the puppet went to scathe him with his sword which slashed through the empty air. He used this opportunity to scramble back to his feet and rush across the square as the puppet behind him recovered itself quickly and kicked off the wall of one of the surrounding buildings.

Kenji had nearly reached Kushina but spun around to face the puppet behind him as he heard him approach. He made several hand seals before shouting “Suiton: Suijinheki!”A wall of water formed before Kenji and prevented the puppet from passing through, but that did not stop its weapons from slicing through. Glistening kunai and shuriken shot through and fell like metallic deadly rain down onto Kenji who blocked the worst with his arms.

“No!” Kushina darted forward and she reached the fallen shinobi as he lay on the ground. The wall of water held but its power was weakening as it became thinner and thinner as the puppet thrashed at it.

“Kushina-sama.” Kenji said simply as she knelt over him.

“Wh-why-" She began but Kenji cut over her.

“Listen, you need to take this scroll. It will take you to the fire country. It’s far away from here.” Kenji’s breathing became harsh as blood trailed down his jaw. “Tell them who you are and you will be safe, understand?”

Kenji’s eyes left no room for argument and Kushina simply nodded, fighting against her sobs determinedly. Kenji ripped the scroll open and wiped a small amount of blood from his chin and smudged it across the ornate seal on the scroll. With that done, the scroll began to glow in a bright white light. He thrust it into Kushina’s hands.

The wall around them crashed down around them, water cascaded over them and Sasori and his puppet appeared.

“Run.” Kenji said simply and let go of the scroll.

Kushina’s last sight in the Uzumaki was that of a puppet flying towards her its knife coming down to her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you like it? Tell me so. If you didn't well tell me so as well. And form of criticism will be loved forever.

Next time: A promise of a brighter future...

Lonski.
Chapter end notes: Please review.

Would asking for five reviews be much, I don't think so. The first chapter counts too. The third chapter is already complete, so if you want more, give me reviews. xD

Lonski.