TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


One question: Would you love money more than me? by Uchiha_Kima

[Reviews - 4]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
“One Question: Would you love money more than me?” – a KakuzuXOC story – Chapter 1

Ah, yes. My love for Kuzu-kun will finally be emulated in a story! Yes, my fellow Akatsuki fangirls and guys, I am in love with the Scrooge-y Akatsuki member and I'm not changing my mind. Anywho, my first oneshot for Kakuzu. I hope you like it as much as I do! Also, it's really long. Feel free to take a break every now and again.

Also, this story was posted up on Fanfiction.net, Mediaminer, and Quizilla on MY accounts, so the story is still ALL MINE in plot, writing, and idea.

Disclaimer: I do NOT own ANY of the Naruto characters. Mitsura Kima is, was, and forever will be MINE because she is me. Got it?

-
- - -
-

"Let's see here...one, two, three, four, five, six...I'm about four short..." I muttered counting off the gifts I had in for tomorrow. It was Easter soon and I wanted my gifts to be ready. See, I got the idea when I was talking to Tobi the other day: hand out specific easter eggs to everyone in Akatsuki with a riddle inside each one; the riddle would have one answer and the Akatsuki I gave the riddle to would have to find the place, the answer, to where a special gift was hidden. 'Easter Hide and Seek' I dubbed it.

I'm sorry! You're all probably wondering who I am! Well, my name is Mitsura Kima and I've been a subordinate of Kakuzu for about six years, since I was thirteen. I'm about five foot one, I have blond-brown hair that goes about half-way down my back, gold-brown eyes, and I do not have much of a tan. I don't care to tell you my measurements, but my shoes are a size six in women's. Tiny feet, I know. Let's see, what else...? Oh! Uhm...I've only told Tobi and my diary, but...I have a big crush on Kakuzu. However, he likes his money more than people, so my crush seems to be dangling by itself for now...for now. Maybe his Easter gift will change his mind. Anyway, back to what I was saying before.

"I still need a present for Ita-kun (Itachi), Hi-san (Hidan), Konan-sama, and Kuzu-kun, but what to get?" I asked myself, returning the bag to hang at my side. I looked to my left and right, finding several useless shops in the small village. I paused in front of a dark little shop: candles, silver jewelry, and all sorts of macabre items stood in the display window. "Looks promising..." I muttered hopefully as I entered the shop, the bell on the door jingled happily. Here I could (most likely) find stuff for Hidan, Konan and Itachi. Wandering the isles my eyes paused on a rack of silver jewelry and several fancy knives. After a moment, a saleslady came up to me; she wore all black and looked somewhat like a witch (not an old one, a young, pretty one).

"May I help you find something?" the woman asked kindly. Her voice was airy and misty...like a ghost.

"Well, I'm looking for presents for some friends. One of them is a masochist, another loves paper and books, and the other likes...dark things." I said sheepishly. The lady just smiled and turned me toward the knives and blades.

"Would your masochist friend like something like this or this?" the lady asked as she pointed, first to a silver kunai and second to a pitch black katana with a silver hilt.

"I think he'd like the katana. He's a Jashinist, so..." I trailed off, thinking of function rather than fashion for the ever-complaining Hidan.

"Really? I've heard of Jashinists! I agree, the katana is better." The woman said, taking the blade off of its stand and sheathing it in a black and silver case. She suddenly turned to me with a sly smile and asked, "Is he handsome?"

"Well, he's nice to look at...but not my type." I answered simply, scratching my cheek in thought.

"Now about your next friend, do they like reading or anything in particular about books?"

"That's the thing, I don't know too much about what she likes in particular...but maybe a nice necklace or maybe a scroll..." I trailed off as the woman in black vanished unnoticed and returned a moment later with a wall scroll in her hands. When it was unrolled, it revealed a gorgeous picture of an oriental dragon guarding a palace in the skies. 'I CAN'T say no to that!' I thought quickly nodding thankfully at the saleslady.

"So that is the ebony katana and the guardian dragon wall scroll. What would your third friend like?" The lady asked as she gently laid the scroll on top of the katana.

"He might like a pendant or a weapon...I really don't know what Ita-kun would like..."

"Let me see then..." the lady nodded as she headed off towards a rack of jewelry and all sorts of other trinkets. I followed curiously as the woman scrutinized everything on the shelf with a careful eye. She shook her head at some and paused at others before changing her mind and moving on. The lady then smiled and grabbed a dragon pendant: it was made of a dark, almost black, metal and the red gem the dragon was wound about reminded me of Itachi's sharingan eyes.

"That'd be perfect!" I said happily as the lady nodded and returned to the front desk, adding the necklace to the pile.

"Now then, is there anything else I can help you with?" the ghostly lady asked with a smile. I thought for a moment before glancing outside: it was nearing sundown and my curfew didn't permit me to be out after dark.

"It's getting late...I can't visit another store..." I muttered, biting my lower lip and scratching my cheek again. After a moment I turned to the lady with a faint blush on my face. "Well...there's this guy I like...but I don't know what he'd like. All he ever seems to like is his money."

"Hmm...a Scrooge case..." the lady looked down at her feet for a moment before her face lit up and she headed back into a door and disappeared for a while. I took the moment to notice that I was the only one in the store.

'Hmmm...I was here for maybe...ten, twenty minutes? I forget. But shouldn't someone have paid a visit?' My thoughts ended and I just stood around for a while, waiting for the lady to come back. After another minute or so, she returned with a black box.

"I believe he will enjoy this. What do you think?" The lady said as she lifted the lid. Inside was a black wallet with dark red stitching and an ornate blood red fire design on both sides of the wallet. It was obviously designed to hold a lot of money without looking like it had much at all.

"It may be the best wallet I've ever seen! I can stitch his name in later and, hopefully, make it even better! I don't know how to thank you…" I said as the woman added up the total and took the amount of money from my hand. She returned my change and gave me a large, black bag with all of my purchases in it, minus the wallet.

"Oh, and about the embroidering..." The woman said as she handed the wallet to me. "Don't mention it." I looked at her confused and walked out of the store, the bell on the door gave a morose jingle as I opened and closed the door.

'Now, what in the world could she-oh my!' I stared at the wallet in my hands and it looked the same as before, only now the inside was markedly different. I whipped around towards the store and found myself face-to-face with a run-down, closed up shop front. It looked like it had closed down about a decade of more ago.

"No way..." I muttered staring at my purchases again and then looking back at the store. My mouth hung open for a second before I closed it and smiled at the old shop. I had a theory, but it'd have to be tested later; right now, I needed to get back to the base and prepare the riddles!

- - - - -

When I got to the base, my room to be specific, I locked my door and laid out my purchases. Hi-san's sword, Konan-sama's wall scroll, Pein-sama's escape scroll (for emergency purposes), and Sasori's repair kit with various joints and parts for puppets; there was also Deidara's hair-care products (because I know the troubles of long hair), Zetsu's hydroponic garden (a small one which I ordered a week ago and it arrived after I got back from shopping), Itachi's necklace and pendant, a new shelf for Kisame's shell collection, and a box of chocolate easter eggs for Tobi. And last, but certainly not least, Kakuzu's personalized wallet. After setting out the eggs to the presents, I set to work on the riddles. When I'd finally finished, I realized I missed dinner; it was now eight-thirty and dinner was at six.

"Tummy needs food..." I muttered, rubbing my loud gut to settle it. I stretched out the kinks in my back and legs before getting up off of the floor and unlocking my door. Once I was out of my room, I locked the door again and sauntered towards the kitchen, hoping at least something was left to eat. When I got to the kitchen, I found only one other person was there, Kuzu-kun. "O-oh! Hello, Kuzu-kun! What're you doing here? Wasn't dinner two and a half hours ago?" I asked. Kakuzu merely glanced up at me and narrowed his eyes slightly.

"That would be my business as to why I'm here...by the way, why weren't you at dinner?" Kakuzu asked as I was staring at the insides of the fridge.

"That...would be my business." I answered smartly. I smiled cheerily at Kakuzu and then turned back to the fridge. "Spaghetti sounds good..." Before I could grab the bowl, though, Kakuzu picked me up by the back of my shirt and turned me to face him.

"Don't get snippy with me, Kima. Where were you?" Kakuzu asked, somewhat angrily. I gulped nervously and scratched my cheek as a blush raided most of the space on my face. I took a moment to think before sighing dejectedly.

"I was out shopping..." I muttered.

"Spending money? Again?" Kakuzu asked, his glare was intensified and I shivered fearfully. Kakuzu was never the person you wanted to mess with in money matters. "How many times have I told you NOT to spend the Akatsuki's funds?!"

"B-but K-Kakuzu! I spent my own money! A-and I wanted to celebrate something with you guys tomorrow!" I said quickly.

"Celebrate?" Kakuzu asked, one of his black eyebrows rising in question.

"Y-yeah...but it's a surprise. I can't tell you anything else..." I muttered as I looked off to the side and blushed again. I was dangling there for a minute or two before Kakuzu set me back on the ground and turned away. He walked off, his Akatsuki cloak billowing behind him, before stopping at the doorway.

"Don't scare me like that. You know how much the Akatsuki needs its funds." Kakuzu said, muttering something incoherent as he walked away towards his room. I stood there a moment and stared sadly at my feet. I shut the refrigerator door without taking anything out and shuffled away, back to my room to sleep. Deidara was walking by as I walked away and he looked curiously at me.

"Oi, Kima, what's up with you? You look seriously depressed, un. And you didn't get your dinner." Deidara asked, also noting that I was not at dinner.

"I'm not hungry, Dei-kun..." I muttered as I dragged my feet towards my room. Maybe things will be better tomorrow...

-
- - -
-

Okay, when I first wrote this, I put it all (I mean ALL) of it on one page and that was unbearably long. This time, the story will be divided up into chapters for ease of reading. Also, you can still enjoy the whole story without your eyes disintegrating from exhaustion! (Mine almost did…) ^_^

I won’t say ja ne, because the next chapter is UP! I don’t need to say goodbye yet!