TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Just Some Simple Observations by Sand_Sibling_Sushi

[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Romance is ugh. Romance is bleh. I am so disgustingly immature when it comes to romance that I have to cover up my eyes when a kissing scene in a movie comes up, while the rest of my friends roll their eyes. But since Gaara awesome-fies everything he is in, a romance fic with Gaara can't be too bad. So enjoy! With chips!
If there was ever a need to write a book on the subtle art of stalking, Hyuuga Hinata would be the perfect person for the job. She was as quiet as a mouse, light as a dandelion puff, and her shoes didn’t squeak. She also mastered the very difficult skill of not making a sound when a sneeze comes up.

She also practices said subtle art every day on a particular blonde ninja we all know for a minimum of 5 hours after training. In addition to that, her graciously polite and introverted demeanor immediately could fool you into thinking she is way too innocent and shy to do anything evil and sneaky, like for example follow a non-suspecting blonde ninja for 2 hours across Kohona watching him trip over his own shoelaces, which was what she was doing right now. In an evil, sneaky manner.

All clear? She quickly threw a glance to her left, then her right. Nobody was watching her.

All right! She took a deep breath, then darted pell-mell into a set of very large bushes nestled on the roadside. Peeking out from the disarray of leaves, she clumsily tried to brush her bangs into her face, so in case somebody looked her way, they wouldn’t recognize her. Not that anybody would bother looking for her in a bush anyways, but Hinata was an extremely cautious and paranoid girl. Actually, just paranoid. In her nervousness, she finally gave up on trying to cover her face, her hair too long and tame to use for a disguise.

Trembling, she raked her eyes over clots of moving and laughing people, searching for a familiar whiskered face…she let out a soft gasp; she could not help herself. Just strolling out of the ice cream parlor was Naruto, sporting a wide grin that split the lower half of his face into a disarray of foxy teeth, his face was alight with uncontained pleasure as he took in the beautiful sight of his ice cream cone. Hinata blushed furiously as she thought, ‘No, Naruto…it’s you who is beautiful’. Ever since he had came back with that old, disturbing Senin, he had matured in a way that he sometimes was entirely unlike the blubbering young ninja from before, and yet other times he behaved so exactly like young Naruto that you just had to smile. He had an even mix of both personalities.

Shyly eyeing him as he bounced off, she noticed how his hair was still styled in a messy disarray of blonde spikes, but now it was swept everywhere in a casual, almost sophisticated style, like even without the aid of a brush his hair managed to sustain a chic, smart look that shouted to the world, “Hey, I’m both professional and laid back! Come discuss politics with me as we eat ramen together!” Hinata rubbed her already sore bottom as she silently wished she worked up the nerve already to ask Naruto to ramen.

Ice cream already gone, with only slightly noticeable chocolate smears on his mouth, he nonchalantly slid his large hands into his pockets and began walking off to his apartment at a comfortable pace, getting close to Hinata’s bush. Panicking, Hinata got up to start trailing him again from a more secluded area when thankfully Sakura-san popped up spontaneously from out of thin air, and stopped Naruto to engage him in what looked like a particularly interesting conversation on her part.

Hinata realized this would be a good time to maybe try to catch a bit of what the two might be discussing that made Sakura look so excited and eager. Using a special concentration skill acquired only from listening to Kiba talk about canine urinary tracks for several hours on end, she blocked out all the background noise and focused on Sakura and Naruto’s voices…

“So, Naruto...,” Sakura trailed off playfully at the end of his name, smiling. She had swept up her pretty pink hair in a neat pony tail, and had discarded her normal ninja garb for a short polka-dotted skirt that attractively displayed off her long legs.

She looked very fresh and upbeat, as if she were going somewhere fun with her girlfriends. Hinata felt a little nauseating stir of jealousy at how hip and cute Sakura-san was, and how excruciatingly plain/drab/ boring/ average/ unexciting /dull she was. Hinata could never get any part of her body to look remotely as flattering or gorgeous, hence the stuffing of said body into large loose jackets and ugly wooly sweaters.

“What are you up to, Naruto?” Adorable tilt of the head, coy smile.
“Ah? Uh-nothing, Sakura-chan, just walking back to my apartment.”
He unintentionally gave her one of his charming little fox-teeth grins that sent Hinata into a temporary coma and obviously had an effect on Sakura too.
“Cool, cool…hey, did you hear about Kakashi-sensei and how he…”

Peeking forlornly from the bush, Hinata almost swooned as she carefully studied the honey-lustered face of Naruto. (Yes, his face is has a luster akin to honey. Give Hinata a break; there are not enough real words to describe his beauty!)

The features were almost exactly alike to the features two years ago. Maybe his face was a bit longer and had a slight chiseled look to them, but otherwise he looked exactly like a thirteen-year old Uzumaki Naruto. What had changed drastically was the way he held his face together. Before, he always had an entirely open look; his shocking blue eyes always widened to the limit in wonder, and his smile easily distributed to whomever or whatever earned his easy approval.

Now, he did not lose any of the enthusiastic gist from his expression, but his shocking blue eyes were widened to the limit in knowing awe and admiring respect, and his beatific smile came less but was warmer in quality and maintained a more mature casualness about it. Hinata blushed madly, a hot, dull flush quickly running up her neck as she realized how cheesy and weird she sounded when she described all these things about Naruto to herself in her head. Hell, she was creeping even herself out just by recounting all these uncanny observations.

“Hinata, you need to stop being so obsessive about Naruto-kun,” she quietly but sternly commanded out loud, and was just considering whether to slap herself or not when she heard Sakura say,

“So Naruto, are you going to ask me out to ramen?”

“Uh-EHHHH?”

His extreme shock that temporarily brought out the old Naruto in him matched up with Hinata’s, whose was backed up with terrifying horror and instantaneous paralysis.

Quickly regaining his composure, Naruto grinned an extra-huge foxy grin and shouted, “Yataaa! Yes! Sakura-chan finally asked me out!” He leapt into the air like he was being electrocuted and ecstatically dragged a startled Sakura along, singing/screaming at the top of his lungs all the way to the ramen stand, and leaving Hinata sitting quite alone and quietly mortified in a solitary bush on the side of the dirt road.