TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


When in Rome by Kaji

[Reviews - 4]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: I'm really sorry, this chapter went soo slow. I meant to have a bit of shonen-ai at least, but, sigh, just a big, long, stinky intro.
"But why do I have to go?"

"Because he's the damned consul! We've gone through this and you're coming."

"But there's no point! You're the one whe feels the need to be a brown nose, not me."

The man sitting at the table stood up abruptly and let out an irritated sigh as he exited the room. "You're going." Faded as he rounded the corner leaving the small sitting room. The other man (boy) was still reclining on one of the couches, pouting. He blew a few blonde strands away from his eyes, refusing to move his arms from across his chest to do so. This sucks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I hate this damned thing." The boy wriggled around as the silver haired man (dad) tried to get the blonde's new garb to stay up. (It was a little big for him.) "And how the hell am I supposed to keep this thing clean? Hn??" a groan, then an 'ouch' due to the knock on the head he'd received. "Watch your mouth, none of that tonight, Naruto, we need to make a good impression." "No, you need to make a good impression."

...

"If I don't make a good impression, you can go work on your uncle's farm." Kakashi looped a makeshift neuce around his son's neck using the toga he was trying to fit. "And that'll be lucky for you getting off that easy," he laughed good-heartedly. He continued adjusting the toga, and the blonde continued to pout. "And besides, you don't get to go to the capitol much. You kids really don't understand that there is nowhere greater than Rome."

"Fine, fine, stop trying to convince me, let's just get going already." Naruto stepped away from his father, holding up the toga with his left arm, so dignified, so... ehmm, miniscule when wrapped in that many feet of material.

The two left home, passing the elaborate ionic columns that supported their residence in the center of the city. The streets were packed. Merchants lined the roadsways, attempting to make ends meet by pushing their wares unto these important people living on the hill. But, they never bothered Kakashi, or any of the other senators, the empire needed them too much for them to be heckled by salesmen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He was still amazed at how much it awed him. Kakashi was always taken aback every time he stood before the capitol (though, he's there often enough). "Alright, Naruto, what's say you? Shall we go?" A large smile graced the father's face. "Why not."

All the other's who were invited to the inaguration dinner were already seated about the large table, though Kakashi's place at the table was open. (At the left hand side of where the new Consul was to sit.) Only the most influential men in Rome were there, along with those who would take their positions of power when they were gone (their sons).

"Well, lookey who decided to show up." One of the other senators began to laugh merrily as Kakashi and his son took their seats. The silver-haired man looked to see who it was and smiled. "My dear friend, nice to see you!" The brunette at the other end of the table smiled back warmly. "So, is this everyone, Iruka?" He asked as he gestured to everyone sitting at the tablet, who smiled in good humor at their esteemed colleague's geneality.

"I think someone should go and alert the Consul that everything is ready." Iruka spoke over the humbub of the other official conversation. A servant went from the room immediately.

"Damnit, Kakashi" the blonde leaned over to whisper to the man, "this is so silly." "Naruto, just enjoy it and maybe get to know the consul a bit, Fugaku is good friend of mine." "I don't like being about you old people, though." Kakashi was a bit taken aback at being deemed 'old', but he went with it. "Just shut up and smile, damnit."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two men walked through the entryway. Everyone at the table stood and applauded as the older man greeted everyone. The officials were engrossed trying to get in as many words as they could before the two sat down. The consul at the head, his son on his right hand.

Naruto blew a few stray hairs from his face (the beginnings of a bad habit) and deigned to look up. The consul (boring, old) was standing at the head of the table, saying something. "Blah, bla blah." With his son next to him.

Son?

That's odd. The blonde shook his head.

Fugaku took his seat and again issued greetings to everyone there, speaking about how much postive change they could effect within his year as Consul and then introduced his son. "Sasuke will be" wow "insuring the reforms" he's pretty "within the senate, to ensure" What? "that ours remains the great" that's an odd thought "and uncorruptable power in the" he is, though "whole of the empire." (Applause).

The gathered officials stood and went to shake the hand of the man (he's only 16) whose job it was to put an end to their money grubbing and favor pulling. Naruto went up too. Pretty eyes. And soft hands.

It was odd though, Sasuke never did that (smiled). It actually hurt his face. That was Kakashi's (the most powerful senator today) son. Hm... He'd have to get to know this one.

"Oh," he finally let go of the blonde's hand after about a full minute of staring into his eyes. Not odd at all.
Chapter end notes: Hope you enjoyed it! (Even if but a little). Expect much more next chapter! Please review ;)