TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Valentine Gems by TemariSandyFan

[Reviews - 9]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: Okay, just an F.Y.I., even though this is Valentine's Day-based, I can't guarentee that this'll be finished by season's end. In fact, I can guarentee the opposite! So read if you're okay with slow updates!
Chapter notes:
TSF: Yo!!! TSF here with a sparkly new fanfic!
Temari: As if. You've had this since November.
TSF: -Goes into momentary slump- Okay, slump over! Anyway, if you didn't read the story notes, even though this is Valentine's-based, it'll probably -cough will cough- be continued past the season. Oh, and I'm not stopping MTAST either.
Temari: Alright, disclaimers!
TSF: Quite duh-ish-ly, I don't own "Naruto".
Temari: Because heaven knows what would happen to it if she did.
TSF: -goes into another slump-
Temari: NO infringement or money making at ALL.
TSF: -returns from slump- Alright, hope you enjoy!

This story is post-timeskip, but in this setting, Sasuke never went Orochimaru-ass, so he is still in Konoha, and neither Sai nor Yamato interfered with the rest of the group. Also, anyone who might have died during Shippuden didn't in this story.

A new day dawned in Konoha, or more specifically, a new month. Today was the start of February, the month of love.

The ninja of the all the Hidden Villages between the ages of 10 and 18 were called to gather around the Hokage’s mansion at precisely 3:00 of that day. There was tension and anger between the ninja since they were worried that maybe a new war was starting and they must fight each other right there, right then, or anger because some of the gathered were having a perfectly perfect lunch when they were called, or most likely, many rivals were squished together in one spot, most of which were about to kill each other at any given time.

Finally, after five minutes of waiting, the Hokage stepped out to greet the crowd.

“Attention,” Tsunade called, “attention everyone! You are all probably wondering why you were called out here. Well, since it’s now a new month and Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, the kages of the Hidden Villages have all agreed that they wanted to cause some ruckus among you kids. We all agreed on a new rule or competition if you will, relating to the upcoming holiday. Now, to explain this, I will give the rest of the speech over to the Jounin of Konoha because my throat is really sore right now.” With that, Tsunade walked back into the mansion, Shizune following loyally behind.

For a while, there was a small debate among the Jounin to see who would give the speech. Looking very annoyed, Kurenai volunteered and stepped up to the awaiting ninja.

“Okay, so as Godaime said, there is a new sort of competition involving Valentine’s Day. The competition is that when a boy becomes interested in a girl, he is to present her with a mood charm such as this,” she held up a gem, the kind that changed color with mood, that was carved into the shape of a flower overlapping a music note, “that will be carved into something that resembled their relationship. For example, for this particular amulet, this might be from a boy who used music genjutsu who liked a girl whose name meant ‘flower’, or vise versa. There is a catch, however. One boy can only give one charm, no more than that. If he doesn’t like anyone, though, he could just not give a mood amulet at all. Boys can get charms custom-made at various jewelry stores that will be open starting 4:00 today. You might want to engrave your name onto the back, too.

“As you might have noticed, any one girl could get as many or as few talismans as possible, considering on how many boys like her. There might be a small competition between the girls on who will get the most charms. Another rule is that a girl can only wear one charm at any given time, and it has to be strung on a chain around her neck. The amulet she wears will have to be from the boy she chose to be hers and she must wear the charm starting Valentine’s Day. That is also the deadline for any charms to be given. I don’t think the number of charms you might get should be a major part of the competition. This is simply to help get some of you who might like another get together.”

“Also,” Kakashi surprisingly spoke up, “only boys may give charms. Any charms the kunoichi might receive that she won’t wear are to be put in a bag like this.” He held up a small pouch, resembling the weapon pouch they all carried. “Now, you may need a bigger pouch, considering your *ahem* popularity. Girls can pick these up at any participating restaurant or store. There should be a sign out in front of them starting tomorrow. This is only something between your age group, and we adults will not be participating.”

“One last rule,” Asuma announced, “the boy must give his amulet to the girl directly. For example, you can’t leave it by her doorstep or hide it somewhere she is supposed to find it. If you do, she won’t know who you are, she won’t wear it, and you might be feeling a little down when you see her wearing someone else’s charm when she might have been waiting for yours. If you do plan to do that, which I do not suggest, remember to engrave your name.”

Gai jumped up onto the banister and flashed his famous “good-guy” pose. “Now go, youthful ninja! Run toward the sunset and find a charm for your beloved!”

Tenten and Neji did an anime sweat-drop and fall while Lee had tears streaming from his face.

“Yes Gai-sensei,” he called.

Chapter end notes:
Yes, I know, it is uber-short. Don't worry, the next are longer. R&R because you know you want to!