TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Incoming by Uchiha_Kima

[Reviews - 17]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
“Incoming” – Chapter 2



Yeee! Chapter 2! I don’t know where this is going, but I enjoy it! Thank you to Noleta for being my very first reviewer! In the spirit of the season, I grant all of my reviewers gingerbread cookies. Cheers! *hands out cookies*



Uhm…yeah, there’s gonna be some ramble and…I don’t know how my story will go (as in: love interest (even though I have a pretty good idea), adventure, events that take place, etc.) but it’s a leap of faith and a load of fun for me! Wish me luck readers!



BTW, I’ll take any suggestions I can get. The story kinda rots away when I run out of fun ideas…



Another thing, I never described how Ava looked…and I never will! I’ll just say she has a decent bit of hair (shoulder length at least), large eyes, and some curves; the rest of Ava is up for you to decide. I’ll only really be giving clothes descriptions and even those will be limited.



Disclaimer: None of the Naruto characters in this story belong to me. I do, however, own Ava.



-

- - -

-



Whoa… this was freaky…I, Ava Woods, least likely student to fail PE and most likely student to get on the Honor Role while blindfolded, standing right next to my biggest crush in the Narutoverse! Shino Aburame…sigh…unbeknownst to me, I was wearing the fangirl “sqweee” face and I was silently congratulating myself ten times over. After all, how often is it you get to meet your imaginary boyfriend in real life? The smile vanished from my face and I looked at the top of a very tall tree.



‘Would this be real life? Or is this still all an anime? Am I an anime character now? Wow, this is confusing…’ I lost myself in thought and I must have made a strange face while thinking, because Shino once again raised an eyebrow and cleared his throat. I jumped, just like before, but instead of landing in a defensive stance, I ended out in a freaky kung fu pose…I think. I soon recovered and scratched the back of my head sheepishly.



“Ah, g-gomen*.” I stuttered. I’m such a fan of the anime, I started learning Japanese from watching the subs over the internet. Too bad I hadn’t reached Shippuuden yet. This must be how Shino-kun looks in the Shippuverse. Cool! “I…kinda space out a lot.”



“…” No answer from Shino, just a raised eyebrow. This was him all right.



“So…I should probably get going then…to uh…meet the Hokage, yeah…” I said nervously. I could feel the giant anime sweat drop on my head. ‘If I can feel that, I MUST be in the anime! Dear God! What time-space vortex am I gonna screw up?!’ I thought, both terrified and thrilled of the possibilities of being in the Narutoverse. I picked up my duffel and did a casual army salute/wave to Shino as I walked off into the forest.



“You’re going the wrong way.” I heard Shino say. I turned to him with a questioning face and he pointed in the way opposite to where I was going. I sweat dropped again and started heading in the “correct” direction.



“…I knew that…” I muttered, walking past my overly-clothed anime crush. I walked a ways before I heard him, once again, tell me I was going the wrong way. I sighed and walked over to the bug king, stopping only when I was right in front of him. “Alright, Aburame. Would you be so kind as to show me where to go? As you can plainly see, I don’t know where your Hokage is.”



“Follow me.” He said. Like the lost fangirl puppy dog I am, I followed the Aburame about two steps behind. Analyzing what I could see, I saw the trees slowly thinning out. The sun was shining brightly, but the trees were already tucking themselves in for winter and the squirrels and berry eating birds were stocking up for the cold months ahead. Then my thoughts drifted to the overly-clothed hottie walking in front of me. I couldn’t see any skin, but I saw a pouch on his back, I assumed for carrying some of his insects, and his coat was a more grey-green color than his previous light green collared coat he wore all through the first part of Naruto.



Then I remembered his sunglasses from before the time-skip; they looked like the glasses my smelly chemistry teacher used to wear only one-way and not decently see through. His glasses were replaced by goggle-glasses and he was still as mysterious as he always was. I sighed quietly and continued to watch where we were headed. Again I felt like something landed on me. I raised my right hand to my face.



“Well, hello there.” I said, looking at the bug perched on my hand.



“A kikaichu.” Shino said absently, “She seems to have taken a liking to you.”



“Kikaichu? A parasitic destruction beetle, eh?” I asked looking at the little beetle. Her head swiveled a bit as she looked at me and I laughed a little. I noticed Shino looking over his shoulder at me before turning back to look ahead of him. I smiled a bit and recalled all the fanfictions I’ve read for Shino. It made me laugh again, realizing how silly many of them sounded and how well done most of them were, as well as all of the lame plots to get a certain character to like or even fall in love with you. When I stopped laughing, Shino turned to me again, his eyebrow now arched higher than it was before. I just shook my head and answered, “Nah, it’s nothing. I’m just remembering some funny moments is all.” Shino stared a moment before shrugging and continuing on his way with me in tow. The little bug flew off my hand and decided to perch on my non-duffel-bag-bearing shoulder.



Once we reached a clearing, I knew exactly where I was. ‘Team 8’s training grounds! Cool!’ I was in fangirl heaven, to be sure, but Shino and I weren’t the only ones there. When he stopped walking, I walked along and stopped right next to him, seeing a familiar, yet much, MUCH larger white dog sitting next to a recognizable fang-faced, brown-haired male and the cutest kunoichi in Konoha, even though her hair was longer than I remembered.



“Oi, Shino. Who’s the lost pup?” the guy said. SO definitely Inuzuka Kiba.



Before Shino could answer, I answered for him, “My name’s Ava…Woods Ava!” I said, stumbling over the order of my name as I waved at the three in front of us. My name sound’s really weird when said last name and then first. Ew. My name was just…ew.



“Heh, aren’t you the hyper one? I’m Inuzuka Kiba, this is my pal, Akamaru,” Kiba said, bringing a greeting bark from the large dog, “and this is Hyuuga Hinata.” Said girl waved a little.



“Pleasure to meet you.” Hinata said softly. Even when she’s older Hina-chan’s still the shy, adorable kunoichi I’ve come to have as my favorite kunoichi, tied with Anko Mitarashi. I nodded and smiled at the two ninjas and the ninken*.



“You already met Shino, I see.”



“Yeah! He found me in the woods and led my sorry little self down here.” I said cutely. Akamaru tilted his head and stood, walking over to me and sniffing my legs, feet, and bag. He barked once to Kiba and then licked my hand. He was looking for a snack. “Oh, no! That’s my food!” I said, patting my duffel. Akamaru whined and looked cutely at me. Even though I was a sucker for the puppy eyes, I looked straight back and shook my head “no”.



“Come on, Akamaru! I just fed you an hour ago!” Kiba laughed, coming over to where I was. Hinata soon followed. Then I realized just how short I was to all of these guys. Damn genetics…dealt me a short hand. “Eh? You’re a little small to be out on your own aren’tcha?” Kiba said, indicating my height according to him; I only stood a scant 4’9”, he was about 5’6” at least. “You’re what? Ten…twelve…?”



“Fifteen…” I said. Kiba blinked in surprise and scanned me over. Of course my clothes were ratty from my little escapade, but they were also loose on me, apparently, and made me appear younger than I was. “…I blame genetics.” I said as I folded my arms over my fairly-sized chest and pouted, glaring off to the side at no one in particular. I soon recovered and poked Kiba in the chest. Yeah, he’s real. I then poked Shino in the arm and patted Akamaru on the head. Yep, they’re real, too.



“Uhm…why’d you-?”



“Why is my business.” I answered interrupting the dog ninja. I walked a bit ahead and looked around the training grounds. I turned towards the three…four ninjas, if you include Akamaru. “Now, why are you waiting here? You have a sensei* to wait for or something?” I asked Kiba, tilting my head cutely.



“Why is our business.” Kiba answered, folding his arms over his chest and fake-glaring at me. Oh the attempts at mockery.



“Hee!” I squealed, poking Kiba in the nose. His glare vanished and he now wore confusion on his face. “You’re fun to mess with!” I said, again tilting my head once again. Akamaru barked a laugh and Hinata tried to hide her giggles with her beige jacket sleeve. Shino…looked as stoic as ever. Eh, I tried. I wanna see if I can get him to laugh, not at all like episode 186 but a chuckle at least. I finally refocus on the world when Kiba has me in a headlock and he’s ruffling up my hair.



“Ha! You know, you’re alright…what’s your name again?”



“Just call me Ava!” I said, poking Kiba in the nose again. He moved to tackle me and I squeaked in surprise, running to hide behind Shino. “Protect me, Shino-dono*!” I said overdramatically, burying my face in his jacket. ‘I’m playing and being a total fangirl at the same time. Yay!’ Akamaru valiantly jumped in front of Shino, obviously playing along, and growled at Kiba, who was still in an “I’m-going-to-get-you!” pose. Hinata stood behind Shino as well and joined me in playing the “damsel in distress”.



“Shino-kun, s-save us from the wolf-man!” Hinata semi-shouted. Yep, she’s definitely the still he adorably timid Hina-chan from yesterday…for me anyway. Kiba, who had been pretending to be scary dropped the act for a moment, putting his hands in fists and setting them on his hips.



“Hey, now! That was uncalled for Hinata-chan.” Kiba pouted.



“Gomen, Kiba-kun.” Hinata said as she smiled in apology.



“Well, well, well. What do we have here?” I knew that voice…not as well as I knew Shino’s, but I knew that female voice anywhere.



“Ohayo*, Kurenai-sensei.” Shino, Hinata, and Kiba said. Akamaru barked a greeting and wagged his fluffy tail. Kurenai looked towards me. I nervously shifted my eyes back and forth and then met Kurenai’s crimson eyes. ‘I could never guess how she got her name…Kurenai means crimson.’ I thought sarcastically as I waved at her.



“So, who are you? I don’t recall getting a notice of a new student.”



“Woods Ava, ” Ew! My name is still ugly in reverse! “…and I am not a student. I just…got lost in the woods nearby and Shino here lead the way…here.” I explained, smiling.



“If you’re new here, you should go to the Hokage, not the shinobi training grounds.” Kurenai said, somewhat like a scolding mother.



“I know…but I got distracted and then I distracted these guys…” I said as cutely as I could. I folded my hands behind my back, looked at the ground and shuffled my feet shyly. Kurenai sighed and folded her arms in front of her.



“Well, it can’t be helped. Shino, can you please take…Ava?” I nodded, “Will you please take Ava to the Hokage’s office please?” Kurenai asked. Shino nodded, looked at me and turned his head forward. I followed alongside him and waved to the rest of Team 8 as we walked along the road. I shifted my duffel bag to my left hand as I stuffed my right into the corresponding pants pocket. Wooden fences soon came into view and the roofs of houses rising up behind them. The trees became fewer and I was walking down the semi-crowded streets of Konoha. Nobody could match my thrill: just being in this place got me excited at the possibilities.



“Ne, Shino-kun,” I started. Shino looked towards me as I walked alongside him. “Do you know anybody who could teach me katakana* or hiragana*?” He shrugged. I sighed at his stoic self and continued following the silent king of insects. ‘He may still be like he was before, but whatever. At least I’m here. Maybe I can make friends with Naruto…and Neji…’ my thoughts were wandering as we turned a few corners, walked a few blocks, and passed building after building. Shino soon stopped and looked off to his right. Following the direction of his face, I looked and saw the Hokage building, the size of a mere toy model compared to the impressive faces of the Hokage monument. “Wow…”



“Yes, it is rather imposing, isn’t it?” Shino asked. I could only nod dumbly as my mouth hung open slightly. The bug nin walked forward into the building while I still stood, staring at the faces.



“Shodaime…Nidaime…Sandaime…Yondaime…and Godaime**…I can’t believe I’m here…” Shino, who was walking, had stopped and looked at my small self as I looked at the monument, my dumbly hanging mouth now closed and a smile on my face. “It’s like a dream…and a nightmare come true…” I muttered to myself, remembering the honorable stories of each of the kages.



“Ava?” I looked at Shino and ran to catch up with him. He walked up the stairs and I climbed alongside him, apologizing for holding him up. Halfway up the monstrously long staircase to where the fifth Hokage was supposed to be, my duffel began feeling heavier and heavier. ‘God this is one long staircase…you’d think they’d have an elevator for this…I mean, they have cell phones, cruise ships, telephones (which they never use and would be much more convenient than writing scrolls), and even TVs (another commodity they hardly ever use)! Why don’t they have elevators…or cars?!’ I thought. My rant slowed my movements up the stairs, not that my duffel was helping anything, but it made me forget how tired my arms and legs really were. Before I know it, the weight of my duffel vanishes and I look to the one who relieved me of my struggle. I sent Shino a questioning look.



“You were slowing us down.” He answered bluntly. Ah Shino, always straight to the point…no matter how sharp it was. So, being freed of my duffel handicap, I rejoined Shino in walking up the stairs. It seemed to be only a minute later that we reached the Hokage’s landing and we were walking along the hall that led to the Hokage’s office. ‘Lessee…Sarutobi died about two, three years ago, so Tsunade must still be in office…that is, unless her drinking habits and debts have finally caught up with her.’ I snickered in my head as Shino knocked twice on Tsunade’s office door.



“Door’s open.” I heard from inside. Nope, Tsunade hasn’t left yet. I gingerly peeked my head inside after Shino had gone in. I shyly stepped into Tsunade’s office and quietly closed the door behind me, looking at the five people, besides Shino and myself, in the office. One of them was Tsunade, another was Jiraiya, and a third I recognized as Shizune. The other two had me baffled…a little, until I took a more obvious look. Standing next to the Aburame, I notice the blonde wore and orange jumpsuit, had terribly familiar “whiskers” on his face and brilliant azure eyes. The other was female, wore a red top with a small beige apron over black shorts and a pair of tall ninja boots, but her most noticeable feature was that she was a pinkette…I mentally smacked myself for not recognizing her or the blonde the second I walked in.



“Ah, Aburame Shino, what brings-” Tsunade’s question was cut off by the blonde’s shouting.



SHINO?! Aburame Shino?!?” Several blocks away, some random person turned and looked around, wondering what exactly they had heard. I squeaked and jumped, taking cover behind Shino and underneath his green overcoat.



“Naruto-kun…must you shout like that?” Shino asked calmly, his eyebrows furrowing and his right one twitching ever so slightly. Tsunade sighed as Naruto leaned in close for a better inspection to see if it really was Shino standing in front of him. The bug nin let out a kikaichu to prove it.



“Aha! So it really is you! How are things Shino?” my buggy companion shrugged in response. Hmm…if Naruto didn’t know who Shino was and he still had a travel bag…no…way… ‘I’m…I’m in episode 221?! This can’t be good! If I’m at the beginning of Shippuuden, who knows what chaos I caused just by being here?!’ My eyes widened and Naruto seemed to have taken notice of me. “Oi, Shino? Have you been put in charge of babysitting?” Oh no he didn’t… “Or is that kid a relative of yours?” Scratch that, yes he did.



BABYSITTING?! I’ll have you know I am FIFTEEN years of age!!” I shouted, coming out of my hiding spot and stabbing my outstretched index finger into Naruto’s tanned face. That very same person several blocks away looked around nervously, never really knowing what these noises were. I shook a bit with rage before taking a deep breath, letting it out and scowling deeply at Naruto, who seemed to have taken cover behind Sakura; Jiraiya as well. Shino put a hand on my shoulder and I seemed to calm down immediately. I turned to Tsunade and bowed in apology. “Gomenasai, Tsunade-sama. You were saying?” My mood was once again cheerful and bubbly.



“…I was wondering what Shino was doing here. But I think it has something to do with you.” Tsunade said plainly.



“Hai*, Tsunade-sama. It does. You see, I was going away from home for the first time, so I kinda got lost in the woods on my way here. That is until Shino found me and took me to his team. We messed around for a bit of time before his sensei, Kurenai I think her name was, arrived and told me I needed to see you. Shino showed me a bit of Konohagakure and then led me to your office where I met you, your assistant, and these three multicolored people.” I said in only two breaths as I indicated Naruto, Sakura, and Jiraiya. Taking another breath, I continued, “So now, I was just wondering if there was a place out there in the village I could hole up for a while before I have to leave.”



“And…who are you, exactly?” Tsunade asked after I gave my brief history of my time in the Narutoverse.



“Woods Ava.” Ew, ew, ew, ew, EW!! How many more times will I have to say my last name before my first? I sighed inwardly and blazoned the only thought on my mind: ‘This is going to be a LONG stay in Konohagakure…’



-

- - -

-



Okay! That’s two down and more to come! Again, thank you Noleta for your review!



Nope, sorry, no songs to base this chapter off of (I forget the names of them all! XP) but I must say, YouTube has the most interesting array of fun songs.



Now, I am so sorry for those of you just getting into my story, but I will be gone for two, mark your calendars, TWO weeks on an RV trip. Hurray for me (You can just smell the sarcasm oozing from the computer screen!). Expect me back on about January third (or fourth, depending on my schedule) with a new chapter! *tosses confetti and rips open X-Mas presents early* Ooh! I got movies! My RV trip won’t suck so bad after all!



Asterisks:



*gomen = informal way to say “sorry” in Japanese; “gomenasai” is the formal way.

*ninken = literally, ninja dog. Apt name that.

*(-)sensei = teacher, as if you didn’t already get that from the countless times Kakashi and Iruka have been called “Kakashi-sensei” and “Iruka-sensei”…it’s typically used as a suffix, but can also just be for teacher.

*-dono = a suffix used typically for samurai who are protectors but is also a highly honorable term to call somebody important (Like Kishimoto Masashi-dono! ^_^).

*Ohayo = (pronounced as “Ohio” with emphasis on “hi”) informal morning greeting to somebody familiar, but mostly to friends.

*katakana = the most common form of writing in Japanese

*hiragana = the second most common, yet the most formal, form of writing in Japanese

**Shodaime = 1st Hokage (1st Generation)

**Nidaime = 2nd Hokage (2nd Generation)

**Blah, blah, blah, you get it. It’s the first through fifth Hokages, generation 1 to 5.

*hai = “yes” or “understood”



Well…see you all in two weeks! Ciao, mi amigos! And wish me luck! I’m gonna be stuck in an RV (a small, very confined space) for hours at a time with my mom, dad and little brother… *cries*



Hopefully, continuing this story will keep me decently sane in the RV. You’ll probably get a couple chapters when I get back. Also, visit Frosty! She needs reviews for her story and it’s really good! Just because I’m the editor of Frosty’s story doesn’t mean I have a lopsided opinion of it, I just think it’s fun to work with.



On a semi-related note, I’ll take pictures of all sorts of cool shit I see on my trip. So, ja ne minna! ^_^