TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Letters by Ayama123

[Reviews - 5]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto and all characters and original series belong to Masashi Kishimoto. But I do own the plot.
Sakura hummed to herself as she headed towards her former sensei’s home. Tsunade needed Kakashi to help prepare for the upcoming Full Moon Festival, and he mysteriously disappeared. But it wasn’t that surprising of him to do so. Sakura came to the door with the number that matched the one written on the piece of paper in her hand. She cautiously knocked on the olive green door. The paint was chipped and obviously not taken care of well. There was no answer. She knocked again, then again, and proceeded in calling his name. But there was still no answer. She sighed and figured that the best was to open the door and see for her self. Unexpectedly, the door was unlocked and Sakura had unproblematic passage into the small room. She cringed at the simplicity of the apartment. A plain bed and desk were pushed to the far corners of the room, no bathroom, kitchen appliances or Kakashi could be seen. Sakura moaned in annoyance, and turned to exit the empty cell but something caught her eye. A dusty box was carelessly strewn on top of the desk, a few papers surrounding it. She picked up one of the papers and began to read with simple curiosity.

--------------------------

October 30
Dearest Kakashi,
I fear that if we stretch this simpleton game that we play, we shall never expect to see what may lie within our future. Dearest, you still have yet to forgive what I have done to you. All I ask is that you forgive and forget me. We can never be. Even if it pains me to the extent that my own heart is shattered, but I know, that we must part. Tears drop from my eyes, as I write, Dearest, I will miss you wholeheartedly and I do now. Every single moment I think of you, ever since you left to return to Konoha, you contain every one of my thoughts and when I sleep I feel your presence besides me. The moment I received your first letter, my life completely turned upside down. You changed me so greatly, no one recognizes me any more. It seemed at first such a naïve and innocent game, how did it turn into love?’ I ask myself that so many times during the day. But Dearest, this is lost love.
Minori

--------------------------

Sakura gaped as she read the last sentence. Amazement and awe swarmed in her mind as she searched for a letter dated before the one she just had read. All the letters were from the same person, this strange ‘Minori’. Sakura wondered what Kakashi had with this girl and how they may have fallen in love. Sakura smiled happily when she found one that dated from January 17 and immediately read it.

--------------------------

January 17
Dearest Reader,
I am tickled to find that you have enjoyed my stories and to think that you went as far as writing to me. I haven’t felt so uplifted in all my life. You have given me a wonderful new start, and to thank you properly, I have no idea how. But I knew that the only way that I could say a simple “thank you” was to write back. So “Thank you” so very much. Your letter has meant the world to me for the past week. Lately, my life has not been going very well, the loss of my parents and my younger brother still affect me to this day even though 5 full years have passed since then and my work hasn’t been such an enjoyment any longer, instead it turned into a pressuring deadline. But you writing to me have given me hope and let me find relish in life once more. Thank you, no matter how many times I seem to write “Thank you” it doesn’t seem enough, it must look redundant and repetitive to say “Thank you” over and over again. But it isn’t enough to show you how grateful I am for your letter. Forgive for mentioning my past life, I shouldn’t have let my burden come upon you, but I do hope that you write again.
Many Thanks,
Minori

--------------------------

Sakura sighed, she found a little bit more about this Minori, but only that she had written a book and that sensei had written to her. The rest of the box seemed superfluous with letters, short notes, photographs and other small trinkets. Sakura sorted through all of them in hopes to finding the next few letters that Minori had written. To her delight she found the next several and read them in respective order.

--------------------------

January 28
Dearest Reader,
You have still to mention your name to me, dear sir. And yes, I have come upon the realization that you are male. Your choice of words revealed much of that certain fact. You amuse me greatly enough to make me want to write once more. From now on, I shall vex you to the point where you must tell me your name and shall begin trying to find out what it is.
Minori

Is it Hedeki?
Or Hikaru?
Maybe Katsuro?
What about Kiyoshi?

--------------------------

February 13
Sir,
You are insufferable! Toying with me so that I may never find anything close to what your name might be. You are extremely childish! To think that before I thought of you so highly! It vexes me so not to know your name, so I will forever hope and pray that you will not receive any chocolates this month.
Please excuse my sarcasm, I have indeed chosen a horrid day to write to you, Yuki? Your last letter was very cruel, though, insisting that it will be forever and a day when I shall learn of your name. You broke my heart that day, though it ignited within me a flame of determination. I tell you this, Sir, I WILL find out what your mysterious name is, and when I do…I will…do something to make regret the fact that you haven’t been complacent with me.
Minori
I can not think of any other names, the names I mentioned before were some of the people I work with and are the only male names that I remember. But Behold! I will be prepared with a long list of names by the time your letter will reach me.

--------------------------

February 24
Ha-ha! I knew I would able to learn your name! (Even if you did tell what it was). So you go by the name Kakashi, hm? The meaning amuses me, and No, I do not find your past pathetic nor do I hold any ill concern. Your past is quite similar to my own and my hope is that you and I can lend a hand to one another in order pull ourselves out of the dark abyss of depression in which we were both thrown into. I find in you a great friend, Kakashi. The fact that you confided in me your secrets give me great peace in knowledge that someone like yourself can trust me enough. So once again, I thank you, for opening your heart to someone as lowly as me. It was the best compliment that anyone could give me.
Minori
Such a strange game we play, is it not? Who can imagine two people writing to one another as if they had known each other for their entire lives? By the way, I’m left-handed and my real name…is of no concern to you.

--------------------------

March 9
Kakashi,
At this moment, in which I write, it is dusk, the twilight air lingers about my home calling out to me, I think it’s mocking me. I couldn’t sleep this night, and I fear that my thoughts become more and more bitter by the minute and I believe that right now I can confide in no one else but you.
Why do I seem so comfortable every time I sit to write a letter that is addressed to you? Even if I awaken with emptiness and distress, pulling out a sheet of paper and an envelope gives me comfort and I feel glorious the rest of the day. Is it the same with you? If not, I shall feel immensely silly.
When I attempted to fall asleep, in expectations of a serene dream, instead I ended up in the midst of a storm, deafening claps of thunder sounded and grand bolts of lightning crashed and flashed. One bolt stuck close to where I was standing in shock and awe. Four walls appeared suddenly and caught on fire. I was screaming for help, for aid, for my family. But nothing replied, nothing. And I stood stupidly in the midst of the burning flames, traumatized as the walls crash on top of me.
Kakashi, this is how my parents died along with my dearest brother, he was only 7. I only survived because someone was able to get me out in time. It troubled me so incalculably that it flung me into long and dreary years of depression. Only after I barely pulled myself together had I begin to write the series of books. Now, you know where I got my inspiration from.
I feel so lost now, my dreary soul still plays the same song that it has been playing throughout my life yet from the time of the fire till it plays different music. For so long I have been suffering, knowing that I have something missing within me. So long I have been careless to never think of what I am missing could be so obvious and evident. I figured it out this morning.
Kakashi, I am missing Love.
My name is Aiko.

--------------------------

March 22
What have you done to me? What has happened to us to make us such fools? Why are you so perfect beyond imagination? What great deed have I done to make you say those words you wrote to me? They were perfect poetry to my ears, a soothing song. I still cannot believe what you said. You committed yourself to me.
Kakashi, I have come upon another realization.
Recently, I dreamt of you. Even though I haven’t met you before, I was certain that it was you whom I called out to. I was certain that it was you who smiled back and gently touched my watery face as unexplained tears rolled down my cheeks. ‘Kakashi,’ I whispered.
I woke up, confused, baffled, obfuscated and…OH! I don’t know!
It was the night before your letter came to me. You made me cry by your touching words. Why are you so darn perfect!? You knew exactly what to say to make me realize that…I love you. I can’t stop thinking about you, Kakashi, how unreal this may seem. But I can’t deny anything…Kakashi, I’m in love with you. How is this possible? How is it possible for two complete strangers who never met, to fall in love within a matter of months and through mere letters?! For so long I have thought about you, dream about you, long for you. You have made me delirious with joy and amazement. Can this be? Can this ever make any sense at all? Can this be real? It seems like a love story any young teenage girl dreamed about. This Romance between two strangers who only communicate through letters is too fantasy-like. But writing to you, receiving letters from you, has steadily filled up that missing hole. Kakashi, I love you.

--------------------------

Sakura felt tears travel from her eyes, but immediately wiped them from her face. She reread the first letter she examined and began to piece the letters together, yet something still was missing. What happened that it made Minori apologize and ask for forgiveness?
But her thoughts and questions were interrupted abruptly.
“Sakura, what are you doing?” Kakashi asked sternly. Sakura turned to face her sensei, still clinging to the letters. Her knees faltered at how unfamiliar he seemed to be. His uncovered eye was stern and angered, his grip on the doorknob hardened so much Sakura could see the brass wrinkle underneath the immense force. He looked marred; his muscles were tense and every slow second that passed seemed like hell.
“Sakura, what are you doing?!” he asked again, this time he barked it. His voice was irate; emotion and anger thrashed out at her.
Sakura felt her breath quicken, her heart steadily pounding faster. She had done something horrible and was frightened at the sight of her teacher acting this disturbed. She threw the letters down and ran out of the room, water fell from her eyes. She didn’t stop running. She couldn’t stop.
“Why am I crying!?” she shouted as she fled. “Why?!” she screamed. But she knew, that it was because she felt sorry, that she went into someone else’s private business, and for her sensei’s broken heart. She dashed into the crowded streets; the bright sun beat down on her skin while she ran towards the one place that gave her comfort.
Soon, she could see a small bridge in the distance; a calming stream ran under it. Sakura sat at the bank of stream and cleaned her wet face with a small handkerchief she dug out from her holster. She hadn’t felt this sad since Sasuke left; she didn’t feel so hurt before or so scared since then. Her thoughts remembered how her sensei looked before she ran away. He looked hurt, something she thought she could never see from her former teacher.
“He loved her,” she murmured as she aimlessly watched the water run over the glittering rocks that lay at the bottom of the stream. “Minori,” she whispered to the stream. Sakura gasped as she remembered hearing that name before. Minori, was the penname used by a renowned yet mysterious author of a series of books and short stories. Whom, Sakura’s mother was a fervent fan of; their shelves were lined with novels written by her. Sakura felt her heart pump faster with a sudden excitement. She decided, then and there that she was going to find Minori.

-----------------------

Naruto rubbed his throbbing shoulder in pain. The previous hours he had spent training, but rammed into a tree and was now grudgingly walking back to the village. It was high noon at that time and the sun was beating down mercilessly on the earth. Thankfully, the canopy of tress and leaves provided shelter from the deathly rays. Naruto found himself in a clearing that overlooked the village grounds. The sight was breathtaking and a cooling zephyr blew. That’s when he noticed her.
A young woman sat at the base of the tree, gazing distantly at the carved faces of the Hokages. On her lap was a pad with scribbled notes and a pencil in her hand.
“What are you doing?” he asked, striding up to her. “It’s really hot, it’s better to go inside,” the ninja added. The woman glanced up at him and smiled.
“But there’s too much beauty to miss,” she replied, returning to her gazing. Naruto nodded in agreement. “What’s your name?” she suddenly asked, turning to him.
“Uzumaki Naruto! The future Hokage of Konohagakure!” he proudly stated. The woman laughed and wrote something down in her notebook. Naruto looked at her in question.
And as if reading his mind she turned to him, “You wouldn’t mind if I used that in one of my books? It was too adorable and inspirational to pass.” She laughed. Naruto blushed from the sudden flattery and nervously scratched his face.
“I never caught your name,” Naruto said as she got up to leave. She smiled warmly and placed a hand on his bright locks of hair.
“My real name is of no concern to you…” she stated, “But if we ever meet again, just call me by Minori,”

--------------------------

This was an old fanfic that I wrote whiles back on a boring weekend. And I had just finished “Message in a Bottle” written by Nicholas Sparks. (Which is an AWESOME book, so touching, but I don’t recommend it to anyone under 13. It has some shady stuff)
Now that I think about it more, this fiction seems a bit silly and your basic stereotypical fantasy romance stories. Well, we’ll see. *^^* I’ll put the next chapter after a while. Hehe