TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Salvation by jenl821

[Reviews - 80]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +

Summary: He was gone, never to return. What could the two of them do? It seemed hopeless. How could they ever make him come back? But that wasn’t going to stop them from trying. Two growing teens are going to embark on a journey full of betrayal, heartache, and hatred to find their missing link and make Team 7 whole again. Main Pairing: Sasuke/Sakura.

Disclaimer: I’m putting this here now and it pertains to the rest of this story. I do not own Naruto, nor do I claim to. This story is for entertainment purposes only.


SALVATION

CHAPTER 1: FULL MOON TONIGHT

The mud seeped through the cloth covering her body, but she didn’t care. For some reason, it made her feel alive. She now relished in the fact she could get dirty like this, sweaty like this, she knew it all meant one thing: she was getting stronger.

She leaned against the tree a little more trying to catch her breath. She took this moment to check out her surroundings. She had punched numerous craters in the ground around her. Several trees were knocked over and a few rocks had been reduced to ashes.

She tried to lift her right arm to wipe the sweat from her brow, but it wouldn’t move. That’s when she registered the pain. Looking down, she saw her arm was covered in blood. Deep gashes lined her knuckles and she didn’t have to be a medic-nin to know that the bone inside was shattered.

She stared at it for a moment, almost mesmerized at the sight. She had punched so hard it shattered her bone? She couldn’t believe it. She had never done that. It only meant that she was not concentrating as hard as she should have been. Her chakra must have wavered to cause such an injury. She frowned at the thoughts running through her mind. Now was not the time to be loosing control. She had only a few days before they left, and she knew this next mission meant everything; both to her and her best friend.

Her thoughts wondered to Naruto, who at the moment she could only guess was ingesting his third bowl of ramen. He had definitely become stronger. He still was immature and reckless, rushing into things before thinking them through, but he was Naruto. The one who could turn even the most cold-hearted bastards into living saints; the one who could survive on just will alone; the one who saved her from herself.

He had been there through it all. All the long cries and tearful speeches she rained on him after he had left. His loyalty never wavered. He was by her side and would always be. She smiled at the comfort she felt from that. He had promised to bring him back, and she knew Naruto was never going to break his word. Only this time it would be the two of them together, as a team, to regain the last member of Team 7.

Team 7 brought back so many memories, she nearly choked on them. So many good: “Don’t you want to know what’s behind the mask?” and so many bad: “You’re so annoying”. It had only been a few short months ago when they had confronted the missing link at Orochimaru’s lair. He had changed; he had definitely changed. He was so cold, so distant. He had expressed the desire to kill Naruto, and even attempted to stab her with his sword if Yamato hadn’t of stepped in.

But Sakura knew-she knew deep down that he wasn’t going to do those things. If he really wanted her and Naruto dead, they would not be standing there right now. She knew he could do it. Her and Naruto were in such a state of shock from just seeing him for the first time in two and a half years, he could have taken the advantage and cut both of their throats in one swipe of his katana…but he didn’t.

And that thought, that one thought alone kept her going for the last two months-kept her training every night, studying as much as she could to perfect her healing skills.

They would be leaving in two days time. Tsunade had called her and Naruto into her office yesterday afternoon and informed them that they had located Orochimaru’s new hideout. The team would consist of herself, Naruto, Kakashi, and Sai. Their mission was only to bring back him, not to engage in any combat with sound nin nor Orochimaru. Tsunade would be sending out a few ANBU platoons to take care of that.

Naruto and her had been completely silent throughout the meeting; both weighing the urgency of this mission and the need for it to be successful.

When they exited the room, Naruto stopped her.

“Sakura…,” Naruto started to say. He looked down, ashamed at not being able to form the right words.

“I know Naruto, I know,” Sakura answered, letting him understand she knew that if they did not succeed this time, then Orochimaru would have his new container, he would take his body. They could not let that happen, she could not let that happen.

Sakura was torn from her thoughts as a light breeze blew through the area. Her pink hair fluttered around her and she suppressed a shiver as a chill ran through her spine. The chill did not come from the cold, but rather the dread that flowed within that breeze. It was ominous, warning, and she knew that what was to come was not going to be easy, not in the least. But, she was okay with that. She had been okay with that the first day she asked Tsunade to take her under her wing. She was ready and willing to put up a fight, because the person she was fighting for was worth it, more worth it than anyone, other than Naruto of course.

She lifted her left arm and brought it over her right. Hovering a few inches above, she gave off a green glow as she repaired her damaged hand. Once she was done, she clenched her right fist. The pain was gone and there was no visible trace that she had done any damage to that hand-none except for the memory of it. This thought made her think of him, and how he was like her hand. Breaking bonds, turning away, healing all the outside visible wounds, but inside the memories remained and they would always be scars; scars on the heart.

She looked up at the sky, noticing the full moon and a lone tear escaped her. She didn’t cry as much as usual, but she shed a tear every now and then. But it was okay to cry, she realized. It didn’t mean she was weak, only strong enough to show her emotions. No longer would she let her emotions hinder her, no they would just help her. She knew that no matter what was thrown at her, she could take it as long as she listened to her heart.

She continued to star into the moon, and a thought drifted through her mind: Maybe he is looking at this moon right now. If he is, then right now, we’re connected, and even he can’t take that away.

She closed her eyes and whispered one word into the blackness around her, before getting up and heading back to her home.

This lone word floated in the wind, carried away by the rushes of air, drifting off into nothingness. A name that meant more than anything to the pink haired young lady:

“…Sasuke…”


This is a really short chapter for me. Most other chapters will be double this. I was going to add more, but I felt like this was a good stopping point for the first chapter, and I like the ending. I’m hoping to update regularly, but I’m not making any promises.

Please give me a review and tell me what you think!