TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Demon's Lament by Zoey Sohma

[Reviews - 6]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: THIS IS NOT A NARUTO FIC! This is my own work that I started two years ago. I would like recieve constructive feedback from readers. Please? Thank you for reading this! I'm proud of it so far.
Chapter notes: Lame ending but whatever.
There was nothing before my eyes were opened. My world was a world composed of an infinite darkness and a crushing silence. It was the world of an unborn child; without sights, without scents, without feeling and without company. I remember the sound of several voices although I couldn’t understand them. Then I felt my heart beat for the first time. It hammered against my bones the first few beats then the pain in my chest diminished into nothing. I felt a strange rushing sensation going from my mouth into my lungs as I took in precious air for the first time. There was a terrible weight on my chest, like a giant hand applying pressure to my breasts, as I took my first few breaths. The voices sounded again. I struggled to move the unused limbs of my body as the surrounding disembodied voices continued to resound. I didn’t realize I could raise my arms so far up until my fingers came into contact with the six inches of thick glass that held me captive. At last my heavy eyes opened, and I was introduced to the world I was created into.
There were lights outside, and the voices had now become yelps and shrieks of delight. When my eyes opened fully I saw the blurred figures of several creatures outside of my vat. My eyes grew sore as my vision improved to the point where I could see, in detail, the faces of the humans that surrounded me. There were six males and two female all either standing around my container staring at me or jumping around with glee. One of the humans, a blonde female with a kind smile and beautiful blue eyes, had her hand on the glass right in front of my own. I felt the warmth of her hand reach mine somehow and I looked at her in wonder. I watched her mouth something to me. She then smiled a charming smile and pressed a button on the panel at my feet. I was only conscious for a few moments after that, but I do recall one thing I clearly heard one of the scientists exclaim before my world went silent and dark again. Those words, to this day, make my heart pound in disgust, confusion and resentment; “She’s a success. She’s alive!”
I don’t know how long I was unconscious. It could have been hours, days, or weeks. I opened my eyes again, with a little more ease this time. I was standing up on my own two feet on a metal platform, wires and tubes connecting me to machines and packets of blood. The blonde scientist stood before me, smiling like she was when I first saw her.
“I’m happy to see you’re finally awake.” she said when she noticed my eyes open, “How are you feeling?” I couldn’t answer. “My name is Kinome. Do you remember your name?” I hadn’t the slightest clue as to what she was asking me, but my comprehension was increasing rapidly. “My partners and I have been waiting a long time for you. About 15 years actually, and here you are, the fruit of all our labor.” I understood, to a certain degree, but I didn’t say anything. I just watched her as she moved around to check the machines.
“You are experiment # 6-15-24*, also known as, subject MITSU.” Kinome explained, “The government assigned us to engineer a fighting machine to lessen the demon population on Earth. Since their king went missing, they’ve become a rather bad crowd. There are more demons breaking the law and terrorizing everyone now then humans when, 19 years ago, not one of their kind had any criminal record.” Kinome sighed. “It’s a real shame. Some really good friends of mine were demons, and now we’ve created you to destroy them.” I gave her a quizzical look, and she seemed to understand the question I couldn’t comprehend myself. “ You are a combination of human and fox DNA to create a weapon our government will use to put that race in their place. Just a living, breathing, powerful weapon. Of course, we need to do a bit more work on you and our later creations. We’ve only gotten as far as making you alive. Now I need to train you to use your strength against only demons. Otherwise your instincts might make you destroy this whole lab and everyone in it.” She laughed to herself and I pondered over what she had said.
“Wh-wh-what am I?” went from being a stubborn bubble in my throat to a very serious question I needed answered, “I’m not human?”
“Oh no.” Kinome answered, waving her hand, “You’re nothing more than a mixture of computers and science in a human skin. You are nothing more than an obedient weapon to be utilized for the sole purpose of killing off the enemies we aren’t strong enough to conquer.”
“But I’m alive like a human.” I didn’t understand, “I look like you, I can breathe like you, I can talk like you. I am human.”
“You’re a freak, and an abomination of nature. There’s no way that you could be considered human. Don’t you understand?” Kinome moved closer to me and I felt a sort of fire rage up inside me at the sight of her smiling face. “Your resemblance of a human is just a disguise. You were meant to look human so the demons don’t know you’re hunting them. It’s all a strategic disguise. I mean, we can’t have assassins that are easy to spot out. That would defeat the entire purpose of us using dead human bodies as subjects. Although, we need to fix those flaws in our next few creations. You weren’t supposed to have those.”
“Have what?” I growled, the fire spreading quickly to my entire body. Kinome could only smile her smile as she took out a small compact mirror from her lab coat pocket. She raised it up so I could see my reflection, and when I saw myself in that wretched item, the fire that was consuming my body consumed all that was left of my humanity. Perched on my head was a pair of large, furry, fox ears that had gone flat as a low growl emitted from the depths of my throat. There was a twitch at my side, and when I looked down I caught a glimpse of my fox tail before it settled between my legs angrily. Kinome wasn’t smiling anymore as I glared at her with the rage of a caged animal. The mirror fell to the ground and shattered as I broke from my bonds and lunged for that disgusting woman.
I hated her with every molecule of my being. Why had she done this to me? Why was I not just another human being? I was human once, right? So why did she make me a monster? I couldn’t hear anything other than these questions ringing through my head as I bit and scratched and shrieked at a terrified Kinome. I didn’t even hear the screams that should have come from her open mouth or the other scientists running in to help her, or the crackling of the fire that suddenly sprang up around me. Everything when black for the third time in my existence, but when I found myself again, I beheld a sight I was very pleased to see. The research lab, which had been the only thing I could call a “home”, lay all around me in nothing but fire, ashes and rubble. The scientists were around me too, death in all their still-frightened eyes. Kinome lay amid the cinders and broken equipment in torn up and bloody remains. I saw the shattered mirror and smiled for the first time as I licked the blonde woman’s blood from my lips. I stripped the body of its torn and soiled lab coat and then put it on. I waved my tail happily and stood my ears up proudly as I casually walked away from the life I was created to live.
“Watch your flaw become perfection, Kinome.” I whispered as my bare feet carried me onto the road to my new life, “I’ll make my own life from now on. This is where I begin.”