TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Forever Inscribed by Hiratai

[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: When I wrote this I didn't have access to a spellchecker or whatnot, and am sorry for any typos.
Two people stood across from each other.

There hands did not touch,
neither did their mouths,
their bodies.

They didn't speak. They didn't need too, and it might seem strange to the observers if they did.

The man to the side of both, droning on. and on.
A smile was on both of these people's faces, and a smile in both of their eyes. Their eyes did what their mouths did not. They spoke. The said the usual- I love you, I love you too, and on this particular day they said,

I do.


Then their mouths said it, and then their mouths did touch, and the observers were cheering, and the man that before had been droning on. and on, was now smiling. Their hands touched, and put ring on the other partner's finger, and they turned to face the crowd of observers, and now the two were not smiling, but grinning.




-----




Lee looked down at the three or four flowers he held in his hands, one was bent, and the others were slowly following it. He looked up, and the pink-haired girl walked away fuming,


she was the one who had insulted him,


with two boys following her. The blonde grinning, and the black-haired one uncaring.
She didn't care either, not about him, nor his feelings. If she had she wouldn't have said what she said.
Not in front of all of those people.
He turned away, and left, some of the people that had heard the exchange still chuckling. He continued on down the street, wanting to run, but not.



Burned by the pink-haired girl once again, he found himself still not used to it, although this time he felt worse, much worse.
Continuing to walk, still not running- not yet, he managed to bump into someone. A girl.


A girl with coppery colored hair, and hazel eyes.
A girl who stared at him strangely wondering why he seemed sad.
A girl that said nothing, only continuing to look at him, until she finally did speak.


"Eh, you okay?"


The voice sounded strange, almost as if it didn't belong to the mouth that it had come out of. A bit of an accent wrapped itself around the words, but only a bit, a soft accent. Something you might notice, but would surely forget the moment you were away from said person.


"I don't know."


"I've seen you around- with that guy that screams youth all the time. Is he your dad?"


Lee's face brightened somewhat at this, and he managed a smile. "No, he is not my father, but he is my idol!" His eyes now starry.

"Er, those flowers for someone?"

"Yes, but unfortunately she," The girl was wondering if that was what the shouting was, the voice screechy like some kind of bird, must have belonged to the one who this boy had intended the flowers for. Obviously the screecher did not think highly of the boy,

"did not want them..." His smile wavered at this. "Do you want them?"




-----


The recepetion was set up with just enough tables that people who otherwise would not sit together, would not be forced too. Both the bride, and groom would perfer a wedding without fighting, and with most of the assembled party being ninja (some of which were tempermental at times) it went without saying that extra measures should be taken.

The man and woman who only minutes ago had been officialy wed were now seated at the center table facing the little platform where the band that playing was stationed, and that should anyone want too they could make a toast on. However, thoughts of music and speechs were soon replaced with thoughts of the food that would be avalible to the guests as soon as everyone got their plates, and got to the table with the food on it.

The people it seemed, could not get their plates up fast enough, and neither could they get to the food fast enough, although the smells that filled the air might cause one to believe that they should not be blamed. Soon everyone was seated, and a man slowly made his way to the stage, with a toasting glass in one hand.




-----


He first kissed her on perhaps the fifth or sixth date, and thankfully for him she kissed him back, instead of screeching or hitting him.

Though, perhaps since she had agreed to a fifth or sixth date, maybe she wasn't too disgusted with him. He had some hope at this thought, and that made him happy. It had also made him happy that he had found himself liking this girl more, and more,

Instead of Sakura, and he was pretty sure now that he was over his crush on Sakura. His feelings for her now replaced with feelings for this new girl.

This new girl's name was DekataYuri. She was indeed a Konoha ninja, graduating two years after Lee although at 19 she was only a few months younger, a chuunin currently who wanted to advance to jonin, although not as badly as some of the other chuunin. She was very skilled at genjutsu, and while taijutsu was not a strong suit for her, she still attempted to train with Lee every week, although she would be sore for days afterwards, and sometimes could not even get out of bed.




It was also on the fifth or sixth date that she told him that she had to go away for a two week mission with her team. He didn't ask the specifics, and at that Yuri was glad, she would have been able to tell him had he asked, but she didn't want to worry him about the details, and he would definatly have been worried.


-----


The man that had begun stepping on stage, had now completed his ascent, and at his arrival at the microphone the band had stopped playing. Likewise, the guests had stopped eating- well, most anyway- and had turned their attention to him.

"I'd like to propose a toast to..."

Then someone screamed, and suddenly there was blood, everywhere, and it felt like everyone was screaming all at once even though Lee was the only one, and then there was no one but him to scream.

No one except for him in this strange black void, the strange black void that wasn't swallowing him, but had seemed to swallow everyone, everything, else into the depths of it, and that was now hurtling him to some unknown destiny.

And then he woke up.


-----


He groggily turned off the alarm. The one that was buzzing so loudly that it shook the pictures next to it, threatening to topple them over, and onto the floor.


He turned it off, and swung his legs over, ready for a new day. No- not a new day. Not even a different day. He had relived this day over for the past five years, although it didn't take this occasion for him to visit her grave. Not even really her grave, but her name. The one inscribed on the stone. The memorial stone.


He quickly got dressed- not bothering to make up his bed- and pocketed some money to buy flowers, like the ones he had first given her.


The dream was slowly fading from his mind, what had it been about again? Something white, a lot of white. And a lot of people he knew, and... a wedding? He wasn't sure, and he knew that at the rate that the dream was slipping from his mind, he would most assurdly never know.


A bell ringed, and he stepped into the flower shop, inhaling the scent. A blonde haired woman at the counter looked at him, not without pity.


"The usual?"


"Yes." Since when had his order become 'the usual'? Obviously, he only went into the shop for the occasion of buying flowers for the stone, but... The usual? It sounded like some sick joke of some sort, but he knew it wasn't. No one joked about what had happened.


She had only been nineteen... And before the other thoughts could surface he had paid, and was out of the flower shop, out of the sickly sweet smells that inhabited it, and into fresher air. He began the walk to the memorial stone, for those KIA. The one where her name was forever inscribed.
Chapter end notes: For those of you who may not have gotten the story (as I'm not sure that I wrote it entirly understandable) the sections where the wedding is taking place is all a dream, and the sections where Yuri and Lee are interacting are memories. The last section takes place five or so years after Yuri and Lee initally met, with Yuri having died on her mission, and Lee going to see her grave.