TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Home Is Home by BrokenSouledPoetess

[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
~*~

“Please Naruto…please let me back in. Let me back into your life.” His voice is soft and tortured as he pleads with me and it makes a rush of feeling well in my heart. I’ve never heard him so sad, so submissive or so sincere in all the years I’ve known him, loved him and chased after him. His hair is longer than I’ve ever seen it, falling in disarray around his shoulders and face in such a way that he can hide from me, even though I can see his shoulders shudder and hear the soft ‘plop’ of his tears as they hit the dry forest floor.

I’ve never seen him cry, I’ve never seen him so close to breaking and it tears at something inside me. It’s been years since he left Konoha – left me – behind; more years than I’ve ever wanted or bothered to keep track of. We’re both older now only I feel as if I’m the one that’s matured and he seems to somehow have regressed. He’s as tall as Kakashi-sensei and I’m slightly taller than him. I can feel his muscles quiver and tremble under the force he’s using to keep the sobs inside as he’s rests boneless against me.

All I can see when I look at him is the eight year old little boy who lost his world in one night.

What he’s asking of me is all I’ve ever wanted from him. All these years that have passed have done nothing to erase the ache in my soul but seeing him so despondent, so lost and asking for my help to be found again heals a little of the pain I’ve harbored for so long.

What he’s asking of me isn’t impossible to accomplish but it won’t be as easy as I know he wishes it would be. This isn’t the early years where I was chasing after him to bring him home with the entire village backing me up, eager to see the Uchiha heir in his rightful village once more. Things have changed and despite the fact that he killed Orochimaru, he won’t be welcomed with wide-open arms anymore. My people gave up on him long ago; the majority of the shinobi gave up on him long ago.

Sakura has been married to Lee for six years now.

His estate remains the way it always was but now it is almost ignored instead of revered. The first few years he was gone it was almost a shrine and now it sits forgotten and haunted.

Long, pale fingers twist further into the material of my shirt and I feel his tears now soaking into my skin. His breathing is ragged and his frame seems to have lost that small sparkle of hope that still burned when he first saw me again. I know that within my silence he thinks he’s found his answer; he thinks I’ll turn my back on him like he did with me so long ago and a part of me wants to. There’s a part of my heart that wants to shun him, hurt him, break him like he broke me so many years passed.

But that part is small and insignificant and as he loosens his grip on my shirt and makes pull away, I wrap my arms – that have until now been unresponsive at my sides – tightly around him and pull his lithe frame tightly to my body. A gasping, shuddering breath leaves his pale lips and he buries his face into my neck, his arms clasped in a vice-like grip around my shoulders.

“I’m so sorry.” I hear the words faintly over the rapid beating of his heart against my chest and his still heavy breathing against my ears. I know he’s sorry but the apology is one of the most welcome things in the world to me and I press a kiss to the mess of raven hair that brushes across my cheek.

Words are beyond me at this point in time but I know they’ll come eventually so it’s with a shrug and a lightness to my heart I don’t think I’ve ever known that I pick him up in my arms and take to the trees, flying through leaves and wood with Konoha as my only destination.

This time when I return home, with a sleeping Sasuke in my arms, it actually feels like home.

~*~