TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Shukaku May Cry by Swords_and_Bandages

[Reviews - 11]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto, or the Devil May Cry franchise.

This story is a response to the "Shukaku/Kyuubi May Cry" challenge by Leafbeast. The story's setting is a generally modern version of the Naruto universe, but with lots of supernatural elements thrown in, since it also takes heavy inspiration from the Devil May Cry universe. This means there will be firearms, vehicles, and demons and whatnot aside from jutsus and such. Jutsus will not be named due to the fact that it can ruin the story's atmosphere.

I'm doing my best to keep everyone in character, but since the setting is drastically different from the Naruto universe, certain characters may seem OOC.

Like always, any criticism, advice, comments, feedback, and such will be highly appreciated.
Gaara dashed along rooftops toward his destination. The chilly, crisp night air whistled by his face as he leapt from building to building, while the oasis town he called home slept peacefully under the moonlight. Yet Gaara knew- the tranquility was a fragile mask, beneath which hid the ugly faces of evil he knew too well. Tonight, he would be the one who shattered that mask, and beat the living snot out of the face beneath. He leapt and dashed forward, his determination hidden under his emotionless countenance.

Leaping off of a rooftop water tank, Gaara rolled forward in mid-air. Sand quickly flowed out of the gourd on his back as he approached the window of a large building, and formed a shield as he crashed through the window. The sand muffled his landing, his boots leaving large imprints. Quickly he drew 2 pistols from his back, which the gourd had previously concealed, as the sand flowed back into the gourd.

Ebony and Ivory, Gaara inwardly scoffed. He’d found out about what his brother and sister were doing recently just 3 days ago, sleeping all day and gone by night. They said they were… demon hunters. He found the idea laughable, but as usual he didn’t show it. But then again, what was the thing sealed within him that gave him immeasurable bloodlust and robbed him of sleep? The thing had driven him insane, and caused him to be shunned by all. Even now, after he stopped the mindless killing, most shunned him. Only his siblings, and a handful of others, didn’t fear him like they used to. Besides, he’d found out, the one who helped him get out of his lunacy, Uzumaki Naruto, was a demon hunter. In the end, curiosity got the better of him, and he found the job interesting. As luck (good or bad) would have it, the number of requests had been surging for the siblings, and he was allowed to take care of a simple one that night. He could use guns proficiently, as there were many guns in the shop, but he didn’t consider using them as paramount. After all, his sand was weapon enough. Kankurou, though, did not agree. He was obsessed with everything mechanical- from the puppets he used to guns of all calibers, and he felt Gaara was barely armed in his state. Sure, the sand was stained with the blood of thousands, and was easily controlled by Gaara’s will and chakra, but he said it couldn’t dispatch foes as quickly as a gun could. Besides, with a gun in each hand, he told him, he could get rid of enemies faster than they could blink. Gaara was about to reject his opinion when he realized he was right. Having no choice but to agree with Kankurou, he was given the guns- one black, and one silver. Kankurou had told him that he’d made the guns just for him. Each were well-balanced, and had double-stack magazines that could hold 20 .45 ACP rounds. Temari took him to the training range in the basement, and tested him on the use of the guns- especially of using each hand independently while he used them. Gaara did well, and now he was here. He still had qualms about using the guns, though.

The chamber was eerily silent, but Gaara could sense a presence within the marbled hall. His eyes scanned the room for signs of foes, but he could see none. Still on high alert, Gaara stepped into the shadows.

From the dark corners of the chamber, a black, dust-like substance appeared out of nowhere and started to collect into shapes and forms. Gaara’s eyes widened for a second before becoming unfazed again, his guns automatically pointing at 2 of his quarries. The dust solidified, and revealed figures straight out of an old horror movie: skeletons wearing black capes and wielding scythes.

Before they could surge forward and overwhelm him, Gaara opened fire. The action was incredibly smooth, and the recoil was rather soft for the guns’ size. Feeling someone sneaking up on him from behind, Gaara pointed Ebony, clutched in his left hand, behind him, and squeezed what remained in the clip into the skeletal demon. Ivory became a blur in his right hand as he continuously pumped lead into the enemies in front of him, while his sand shield rose as another demon attempted to attack from the side. The scythe tip passed the sandy wall, but not enough to reach Gaara. As the demon attempted to remove its weapon from the sand, Gaara pointed his left hand in its direction. As he ejected Ebony’s empty cartridge, he squeezed on the gun’s handle. The demon was instantly crushed by the heavily packed sand. While Ivory’s empty magazine also fell toward the ground, Gaara saw more skeletons coming toward him.

Catching Ivory’s empty magazine with his foot, Gaara made a kicking motion. The demon ahead of the pack shrieked from its skeletal mouth as the clip hit its skull, shattering it and making the demon crumble to the ground. The skeletons behind him had gotten closer, and Gaara sped forward. The sand from his gourd formed a massive fist, punching the skeletons straight ahead of him into the wall as he reloaded the guns.

Gaara ran up the wall, and flipped backwards in mid-air. At the same time he released the guns’ slides forward. Pointing them downwards, he let a hail of lead fall unto his foes. He landed on a skeleton, crushing its ribcage with his boots. His sand surrounded him as the demons surged forward to his position, enveloping him in a solid orb of silicate matter. Scythes threatened to pierce his defense while he reloaded. Gaara willed the sandy orb to form spikes all around it, and several skeletons were immediately impaled. Others backed off, waiting for the opportune moment.

Sadly, they would have to wait for a long time, if not forever. As Gaara lowered his defenses, one could see he was poised to shoot. The demons rushed forward again, only to be served an unhealthy dose of copper jacketed lead. However, not all of them went down before Gaara’s guns became empty. Unloading the guns, Gaara formed fists and claws with his sand, lashing out to his foes. His hands reached for another pair of clips in his vest, but before he could, one of the demons came too close for comfort.

Unleashing a vicious kick to the jaw of the demon, Gaara holstered his guns, and jumped up as a scythe swung towards his legs, ducking as he landed. A fist of sand pulverized the demon that tried to cut his legs off just as he landed. Moving his leg up in a sweeping motion, Gaara knocked another skeleton to the ground, and stomped its skull into pieces, making the rest of it turn into dark dust once more. Sweeping another enemy off its feet, Gaara stepped onto its back, and jumped up as a demon swung his scythe down, only to kill one of its own kin. Gaara kicked the demon with both feet as he landed, crushing it.

Raising a shield around himself, Gaara sent the rest of his sand up to the ceiling. Condensing them into menacing spikes, he sent the sand spears down on the demons around him. In the meanwhile, deciding to conserve his chakra, he drew his pistols, and reloaded them. As he heard the slide click back, he dropped his shield again. Of the innumerable demons that had appeared when he entered, only a handful was left standing.

‘Too easy’, thought Gaara. He raised his guns and unleashed metallic justice upon the remaining skeletons, swinging his arms around in a blur, the only thing keeping track of where he aimed being the muzzle flash that emitted once every fraction of a second. The demons swiftly fell to the .45 ACP bullets, renowned as the “Door Buster” round.

Finally, with no skeletons remaining standing, Gaara let the emptied clips hit the floor, and reloaded the guns. He grinned inwardly- the guns were beginning to grow on him. Thank Kami for giving mankind the brains figure out how to make a bullet as tough as the .45 ACP, and for giving Kankurou the skills to create a pair of weapons as good as Ebony and Ivory. Snapping the slides forward and holstering the weapons, Gaara walked to the large double doors on the other end of the hall.

Opening the large double doors, Gaara noticed the trails of red running up and down the grey marble wall, as well as splattered on the checkered marble ground. A musky smell entered his nostrils, repulsing yet darkly inviting. A jolting sensation went to his head, and he rubbed the tattoo with the kanji “love” upon the side of his head, his eyes widening as if from terror.

‘Come on brat, you know you want to…’ A hollow, evil whisper resounded in his head.

‘NO!’ Gaara gathered his will and chakra to suppress the killing intent boiling up within his abdomen.

‘Give in…’ The whisper continued.

“Ahh…” Gaara grimaced for a second, before he overrode the bloodlust welling up inside him and gathered himself. Looking up, he saw corpses littering the hallway. Even the ceiling was stained red. Occasionally, he’d see something drop to the ground, and he was sure that it wasn’t a leaky pipe’s problem. A gloomy, dangerous atmosphere permeated the hallway. Gaara drew his weapons again, making himself ready to shoot if anything seemed off. He slowly walked forwards, his senses heightened to an extreme degree. He caught the corpses lying on the ground or sat up against the walls in the corner of his eyes. Something… didn’t feel right about them, but Gaara couldn’t place what exactly it was. He kept walking.

His instinct made him move faster than his thought as a foul aura disturbed his senses, and he reached behind with Ebony to fire at where the corpse nearest to him was. Turning around, he saw that the corpse had fallen again, black blood leaking out from the bullet holes. Behind it, the once-dead had woken up from their not-so-eternal slumber, and were making their way towards him. Fast.

Gaara ran at them. Firing off 3 shots with Ivory, he saw the zombie in the lead getting knocked low by the blows. Speeding up, Gaara stepped off of the undead, and unleashed his merciless lead rain as he sailed over the once-dead crowd beneath him. Rolling as he landed, he left empty clips on the ground, and reloaded as he stood up. The slides clicked back to chamber new rounds soon after he stood.

“Hm. Quite impressive. But still not enough.” A rough voice sounded from behind him, making Gaara whip around and point his guns at the opened double doors at the end of the bloodied hallway.