TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


A Little Birdie Told Me by Priest

[Reviews - 6]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: [ Starting today, all news posts will be cross-posted to the forums, to the livejournal community, and to a story file titled "A Little Birdie Told Me", for maximum exposure. ]
Okay, as I just got notification from one of the pinned threads I'm watching on livejournal, I just thought I'd throw this out there: are there any policies at TONFA that are unclear/confusing? I'm going to be trying my best to 'interface', so to speak, with the userbase, and I'd like to start with clarifying anything that might be problematic.

Moving on... Random Costume Day.

Last year I was asked to give people a bit more warning about this, which I totally only remembered today. Uh... well, anyways. For those of you who weren't around last year August 12th is Random Costume Day. A long story short, three or four years ago a few friends of mine and I were discussing Talk Like a Pirate Day and other such fun holidays-- and decided that we wanted to start up our own. We choose August 12th, as that was the birthdate of one of the girls in the conversation.

Ever since, I've been 'pimping' it out to whomever would listen. This year we've a bit lucky-- I know of two conventions that fall on the date of Random Costume Day. Luckier still, RCD is a Sunday, so we don't have to worry about pesky things like work. Those of you who have to go to church may have some interesting conversations with the father/padre/paster/reverend/etc ;D

Of course, as Naruto fans, even if you have to wear formal-wear to church or a similar event we can pull out our ninja costumes-- that is to say, we can draw ANBU tattoos on our arms, and wear hitae-ate in concealed places and be ninja. It doesn't have to be an ornate costume, after all.

On the note of the conventions that fall on the date of August 12th-- I will be at one of them. Animethon in Edmonton, Alberta (Canada) is the one I will be attending. If any of you will be there and want to say 'hi', just look for .hack//GU's Pai. I'm pretty sure I'll be one of a kind (I was at Otakon, after all~)

When I get back from Animethon is when the fun will begin. Okay, technically I work every day next week for several long shifts, so it'll be the week after that.

TONFA will be down for maintenance August 19th. If I don't get everything accomplished on that date, then I will continue maintenance on August 21st (I have to work the 20th).

I'm hoping to straighten out the kinks in the code that we've been sitting on for so long, but it's going to take a lot of work, and I'll admit that I was putting TONFA to the side in favor of finishing my costumes and commissions for Otafest, Otakon, Animethon, and Anime Evolution (commissions only for that one-- I can't attend for a variety of reasons).

I will also be setting up a P.O. Box for those who would like to donate to the general running of the TONFA servers, sometime within the next month. All money sent to that box will be used specifically for this website. If there's any spill-over (read: more money than what's needed to pay the bills) we'll start up raffles and draws. How's that sound to everyone?