TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


To Be Held by Archaic Aphorism

[Reviews - 4]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes:

Inspired by one of my random urges just to cry my eyes out, and the need to be held by someone substantial- not just someone in my mind.

This isn't much of a substitute.

Somewhere in Konoha, a father falls into a drunken frenzy, and a daughter cries while a mother screams.

-


IT IS UNUSUAL, but Chouji is sitting alone on a bench, the same exact bench where Sakura will one day rouse from when Sasuke has left, munching his chips thoughtfully, if a bit slowly. One at a time- whole chip, piece of chip, piece of chip, whole chip. Methodically, he works his way towards the bottom, and the last whole chip, which he will save for that moment of completion.

It is a clear day, blue skies with a few wispy stratus clouds and one or two songbirds singing. A gentle breeze shivers its way through the trees, playing with the tips of Chouji's rusty-red hair. The air is warm, the oncoming summer already showing its vibrant colors. Somewhere in the distance, a dragonfly buzzes from leaf to leaf and a small animal darts through the underbrush. Peaceful, and Chouji is enjoying contemplating whatever comes to mind.

In his relaxed state, Chouji doesn't notice the girl stumbling past, head hung, hands over her eyes until she is almost gone again. He watches for a moment as her aqua hair sways with each step, her kind-of-dirty a-little-too-big white T-shirt shifting back and forth. She wears pants and rag-tag slippers that used to be a rouge red but are now almost brown. There is a crinkled ribbon in her hair, and Chouji realizes her shoulders are shaking.

She's crying.

"Hey," he speaks up, concerned. This is Chouji- he hates to see people sad, always wants to comfort where he can. She looks up, watery-aqua eyes wide. Her lips are thin and pale, trembling as she stumbles toward him. For a split second, neither of them realize what's happened as her foot catches on a flagstone jutting up from the walkway. Next thing they know, her arms have caught the bench and she is crying outright, her legs tangled beneath her.

"Hey, now," Chouji soothes, pulling her up, and somehow she ends up curled in his lap, hiding her face in his shirt, "It's okay, everything's alright."

She keeps her hands between her wet face and Chouji's shirt, preventing her tears from staining his clean clothes. The silent sobs wrack over her and Chouji sets his chips aside and encircles her with his arms, holding her securely as the silent sobs develop into choked cries. He tucks his chin over her head, squinting down the direction she had appeared from with a solemn expression. A quiet hiccup escapes her between whimpers and he strokes her hair as he contemplates her. She smells of dirt and something Chouji can't place.

For a moment, he wishes he had a sense of smell like Kiba's. Another muted cry comes from the girl and he gives her a gentle but reassuring squeeze. He thinks that maybe he doesn't want to know what she smells like. It could be blood. It could be alcohol.

It could be worse, so he holds her close and blinks back his own tears.

Eventually, the soft sobs and muted cries fade to quiet hiccups, and then to nothing at all. Wordlessly, she slips from Chouji's embrace and before he can say anything, she is gone the way she came. Chouji has almost forgotten the bag of chips sitting by his side, but even after he remembers, he can't make himself finish them.

-
-
-
-
-

First of all: no. The girl is not based off of me. Obviously, thanks to the aqua-blue hair... she doesn't look like me. As for the crying... I don't think I've cried in ages.

This will be a multi-chaptered story with a plot, thanks, this is what another author once called a "Teaser Chapter" to get people intrigued with ponderings such as, "Why in the heck is she crying?" or stuff like that. Huh, I guess that's really the only thing there is to wonder about this story... oh well. I hope it's enticing enough.

The quote will have to do with the story, and has absolutely nothing to do with my life, thanks. I have a very nice, very comfortable life, with acceptable parents and a pretty tolerable kid sister. I should be happy, but thanks to family genetics I have (slight) manic depression (can something like manic depression even be slight?) Thus explaining my random ups and downs, though mostly downs, and urges to cry for absolutely fucking nothing.

It pisses me off sometimes, though the good thing about my depressions is that they stir up the plot bunnies in my mind and spur me into writing. Thus, when I post more than one thing within two days, it generally means I've hit a low.

Nothing to worry about, they usually pass after one or two stories.

(PS: it may look like it, but this, more likely than not, won't be a pairing fic. Unless people want the girl to end up with Chouji, or if they want me to throw in a pairing on the side. Otherwise, it'll be more of a friendship, hurt/comfort fic that will be updated whenever I hit the next really bad low. Yay-ness.)

I'm planning to continue this as a series of 500 word drabbles per chapter, not including the italicized phrases, but we'll see how that works as I get further into the story. Thanks for reading!

Hope you liked.