TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


NaruXHina by Sorca5

[Reviews - 7]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: I am going to go through so much pain when I begin my next story. I will not be able to update as often. But I do hope this story will be as read as my others.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
NaruXHina
Love at first sight


Part 1:Opal eyes

Naruto was staring into the bushes. He knew for a while that someone was staring at him, watching him train. Or at least, they thought they were. But he had just ignored them, thinking they would either go away or attack him, as was usually the case with onlookers around him. He wantec to ignore them, but his curiosity was to great. His bunshin had continued to attack the stump in the clearing, while glancing back at the bush every now and again. There would always be a small rustling, but he didn't confront the person looking at him. Not yet. While the bunshin kept the them busy Naruto circled around until he was exactly behind the bush.

He was going to surpprise whoever it was. Although he couldn't see who it was, he knew they wuld be surprised. His bunshin was about to throw a final kunai at the stump when Naruto made it dissapear. He held back a laugh when the bush shook with fright. He saw a five fingers and a wrist come out of the bush. They were shaking so much. The hand looked.....delicate, fragile, and pale. Naruto knew that now was his chance to really spook the stalker. Quick as a flash, he reached out and grabbed the wrist.

''Gotcha!" Naruto felt the wrist give a big shake, then go very still. That's when he saw them. The eyes. He couldn't see her hair, couldn't see her clothes, couldn't even see her face. But he saw her eyes. Two opal eyes stared at him. They were pupilless, unlike any eyes he had ever seen, and if he was any younger, staring at those eyes in the dark may have creeped him out. But he was twelve now, and to him they were the most beautiful eyes in the world.

''Your eyes are pretty,'' Whispered a voice that was foreign to Naruto. It took him a moment to realize the voice was his own. There was something stirring inside Naruto as he continued to hold her wrist. His arm slipped, and he was holding her hand. He could tell she was a girl because.....he couldn't tell how he knew, but he just did. Maybe it was her delicate arm.....that was slipping out of his grasp!? The eyes were going farther and farther away from him. ''Wait, where are you going?'' He watched as the eyes dissapeared into the clearing. ''I'll catch her there.''

He jumped into the clearing, but no one was there. He searched nearby clearings, but nothing. He was so captivated by what he saw, he hadn't thought to use bunshins. By the time it was nightfall he had searched almost the entire forest......and found nothing.

He began the long lonely walk towards his small apartment. ''Who was that girl? Why do her eyes look so familiar?'' He took the stairs to his apartment. He ate, he showered, but he couldn't get this girl out of his head. Why was he thinking about her so much? She was just another girl. He didn't even know her name. He never thought about Sakura this much. What was going on? He put on his frog hat and went to sleep. All through the night his dreams were filled with Opal eyes in a hidden forest.


Part 2:Meeting Hinata

Naruto was heading towards the academy. Today was the day he would go on his first C-rank mission to the land of waves. He had everything in his pack that he needed. It was three days since he had seen the girl in the forest. Since then, he had almost completely forgotten about her. She was at the back of his mind, until.....

''Woah." That's when he saw her. She was all he was focused on. He hadn't noticed her indigo hair before, but he was looking at it now. He hadn't seen her pale face before, but he certaintly noticed now. He noticed everything else about her before he noticed her eyes. Pupilless opal eyes. Before he knew what he was doing his feet were taking him closer to the shy girl.

Hinata was facing Naruto, admiring him from afar as she usually did. What happened in the forest really scared her. He had almost found out who she was. A part of her really wanted him to, because a part of her thought Naruto would love her back. But she knew Naruto would never accept her. He didn't even know her name. There was no way he would even want to know her name. Hinata was pulled back from her mind when she realized Naruto was looking right at her. And he was smiling too! She froze when he began walking forward, straight towards her.

''Hey, what's your name?'' He asked when he was about a foot away from her.

''I...m-my n-name? I'm...I'm...H-H....I'm....Hyuug-ga Hi-Hinata.'' She blushed. Naruto wanted to know her name? Her? The shy girl he doesn't even know? Hinata was unable to move. This was the closest they had ever been. Well, second closest actually.

''Hyuuga Hinata? I think I saw you in the woods a few days ago. Hiding in the bushes, watching me train?'' Hinata was in shock. How did he know it was her? Her eyes! Hinata felt stupid for not realizing it earlier. Of course her eyes would give her away! She was the only Hyuuga clan member in Naruto's age group. Obviously he would know it was her. Just another stupid act by the failure of the Hyuuga clan. Hinata looked at her feet in dissapointment....

''Y-yes, it was m-me. I'm s-sorry for s-s-spying on you.''

''Don't be. I just wanted to know who you were. And I still think your eyes are pretty.'' Hinata was surprised. Back in the woods she had been to shocked to hear what Naruto said. Did he really think her eyes were pretty?

''Th-thank you N-Naruto-kun.''That's when she slipped up. Figuratively, and litteraly. Hinata nearly hit the floor hard, but Naruto was quick and grabbed her wrists before she was hurt.

''How do you know my Name?'' Naruto asked. How long had she known him without him knowing her?

''I-I just, I n-never, I mean, I do-don't, I.....'' Hinata was confused. She never thought things would ever be like this. Naruto was holding her hands, keeping her from falling to the floor. He had caller her eyes pretty. All this was to much for Hinata to take in one sitting. So she did the only thing she could do in a situation like this. She fainted.

"Hinata? Hinata!'' Naruto saw her with her eyes closed and a little bit of blush still covered her cheeks. ''Wow. She looks so peaceful like this; so.....beautiful." Naruto picked her up bridal style and took her to his apartment. Along the way he kept glancing down at her. ''Why haven't I ever seen her before? How does she know my name? And why did it take me so long to know hers?"

Once he brought her into his apartment he set her down on his bed and covered her with a long blue blanket. "Sleep tight Hinata. Maybe when you wake up you can tell me how you know my name."

''NARUTO!!!" A loud voice called to him. He looked out his window only to see Kakashi, Sakura, and Sasuke waiting for him. He opened the window only to be blasted by a loud screamed. ''NARUTO, GET DOWN HERE NOW!" The pink haired kunoichi yelled.

''JUST A MINUTE.'' Naruto looked at Hinata. How could he just leave her here. But he had to go NOW. He quickly wrote a note and left it by his bedside. He then turned to Hinata one last time. ''Goodbye Hinata. I'll be back soon. I hope I see you when I come back.'' With that, Naruto closed the window and walked out of his apartment.....

Hinata woke up an hour later in an apartment she had never been in before. ''What happened? Naruto?'' She saw the note on the bedside table.

Hinata
I had to leave on a mission to the land of waves. I should be back in
a couple of weeks. When I come back I hope to see you again. Remember
to lock the door when you leave.
-Naruto

Hinata kept looking at the note written by her crush. ''He wants to see me again!'' She sighed just thinking about it. Maybe her dream was starting to come true. Maybe Naruto would love her back. He would be back in a few weeks. ''So I only have a few weeks to prepare!'' She put the blanket away and locked the door on her way out. ''Naruto, I will win your heart. I would do anything for your love.....''

Part 3:Preparation

Hinata was strolling through the fashion district of Konoha. She was looking for the perfect something to make herself more attractive to Naruto. She stumbled upon Tenten coming out of a hair care products store.

''Hi Hinata! I've never seen you around this store before. What are you doing here?''

"H-hello Tenten. I was j-just looking for s-some extra s-special hair products.D-did you b-buy anything g-good?" Hinata asked.

''Yeah, I bought this new shampoo that's going to make my hair shine! It's the perfect thing to use before my dates with Neji!''

''Oh. D-do you think it's o-okay for m-my hair?''

''Oh yeah, it's great. Just don't use to much, it's pretty strong.''

Hinata thanked Tenten and entered the store. She found the shampoo, bought it, then left the store, happy thoughts about shiny hair floating around her head. She went straight for the dress store. She found the perfect dress. It matched her hair perfectly and nearly reached her ankles. ''I know seeing Naruto again won't be a formal occasion,'' She thought, ''But I want him to be stunned when he sees me! It's a little expensive, but now that I'm a ninja I make my own money!'' She bought the dress and headed for home, confident that she would win Naruto over.

That night she used her new shampoo for the first time. ''The instructions say just to use a pea sized dot, but I want my hair to impress Naruto so much. Maybe if I used two pea sized dots....'' After she left the shower Hinata decided to cover her hair in a shower cap, to protect it. 'I look kind of silly. Maybe I should wear a hat over it?"

Over the next couple of weeks Hinata's life followed a specific routine. Everyday she would eat and train, and every night she would shower with the special shampoo. She had gotten used to wearing the hat over the showercap over her hair. She hardly noticed when the day finally came.

"Hinata, come quick! Naruto just came back from his mission!'' Tenten told her as she burst into Hinata's room.

''R-really? He's h-hear?''

''Yes! And what better time than when the sun is just setting? Get everything ready so you can go meet him.''

''I'll b-be out in a s-sec." Hinata put on her dress quickly, not wanting to miss Naruto's homecoming. She walked out the door with Tenten as they began their search for the blonde. ''I see him!'' Naruto was heading towards is apartment and was some fifety meters from Hinata herself.

''Go Hinata, before he reaches his apartment!'' Hinata ran as fast as she could......until her dress ripped! She was still to far from Narto for him to notice. ''What happened to my dress?''

''It must be to delicate to run in! And you're still wearing your hat!'' Tenten had gotten so used to seeing the Hyuuga wearing that hat instead of seeing her hair that she didn't noticed. ''Quick, take it off.'' Hinata pulled the hat and shower cap off only to reveal.....white hair!?

''What's going on, why is your hair white?''

''I d-don't know! It m-must've been th-that new sh-shampoo! I think I used to much!'' Hinata was a wreck! With messed up hair and a dress ripped in several places, now how would Naruto love her? Speaking of the blonde, he was looking right this way!

''Hinata, hide in the bushes.''

''What!?''

''Just do it. Maybe he won't see you like this.''

Hinata jumped into a bush and hoped no one noticed her. Naruto was now standing where Hinata was only a few minutes ago. ''Hey Tenten, you didn't happen to see Hinata around her, did you?''

''Nope, no way, of course not!'' Tenten answered strangely. ''I'm gonna go look for ghosts, bye.'' and with that Tenten sped off in another direction.

"That was.....weird.'' Naruto noticed a small rustling in the bushes. ''Is someone there?'' he asked the shrub. Naruto stared into it only to notice the opal eyes he had seen so long ago.

"Hinata? Hinata, is that you? What are you doing in there'' Naruto spoke happily. Hinata was totally at a loss for words. On the one hand, Naruto was happy to see her, something she never thought would happen. But on the other hand, she could never let him see her like this.

''Y-yes Naruto-kun, it's m-me. But I p-prefer to stay here.''

''Really? Are you sure you don't want to come out? Please?''

''I'm s-sorry Naruto-kun. I'll s-see you tomorrow."

''But I really wanted to see you again.''

''No, sorry.''

Naruto rolled his eyes. ''Alright, I guess there's no convincing you. I'll see you tomorow.'' Naruto walked away, whistling a happy tune. Hinata breathed a sigh of relief, but.....

''Why do I have the strangest feeling of dejavu?'' Hinata turned around only to see a happy Naruto grab her wrist.

''Gotcha'' he pulled her out of the bush and into the warmest hug Hinata had ever felt. It took her a moment to realize exactly what was going on, and by then Naruto had noticed how she looked. ''Wow...um....m Hinata you look.....nice? Why the sudden change?'' Hinata felt the tears that had been building up suddenly to much to hold in. She buried her face in his chest and began letting all her feelings out. Fast.

"Naruto! I'm sorry I'm such a mess! I tried to hard to impress you. I bought a strong shampoo and an overly delicate dress and all it got me was ripped nightmare and white hair! Please don't leave me alone forever. Please!''

Naruto was shocked. Hinata was speaking so fast Naruto could barely keep up with her. ''Hinata, slow down. I can hardly understand what you're saying. It sounds like you look the way you do because you.....you were trying to impress me?'' Hinata nodded, keeping her head buried in his chest. Naruto tilted her head up with his finger to face him. ''Hinata, you don't need to try to to hard to impress me. As long as you still have those pretty eyes.''

Hinata saw Naruto wasn't kidding. He really cared. Hinata still couldn't tell him she loved him, at least not yet. But as he held her in his arms, Hinata knew she could wait. Hinata also knew that she loved Naruto now more than ever. And somewhere in the back of his mind, Naruto loved her to.