TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Words "Best Friend" Become Redefined by MurderScene__

[Reviews - 1]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: I didn't know how to end this, so it's kinda like "Blam".
I don't own any of the Naruto characters.
I also don't own the song. The song is
The Words 'Best Friend' Become Redefined - Chiodos.

Yeah, I was listening to this song and I felt the need to write it.
I should stick with banners, because my writting skills are terrible.
But, yeah. As I said, I felt the need.
Hopefully this isn't what you would expect from the title. :D
I had this feeling for weeks now; I watched you as you did your daily chores. At first I denied my feelings for you. I thought I was out of my mind, merely lonely and seeking companionship. I tried to push these feelings out of my mind. It wasn’t right, I couldn’t like you. You were my friend, and that’s all we should be, nothing more. It was so frustrating, trying to go ahead with our friendship when even the briefest hug made my heart skip a beat.

I've been hiding in this bed for weeks from this
Throats raw from screaming and I haven't said a word
the sky is calling, and the stars, they point to this.


After a few weeks, I gave up on denying the feelings. I learned to live with them, but I wouldn’t hug you. I wouldn’t look you in the eye. You started to become suspicious, you could tell something was wrong. You asked me frequently, but I would always say everything was fine and give you a small smile. I knew you didn’t believe me, I knew you weren’t buying the small smile and simple answer I was providing you. I could see I was tearing this friendship apart, you didn’t trust me to tell you anything anymore. How was I meant to tell you that I had a huge crush on you? I saw the pain in your eyes.
At that moment, I decided I would tell you. I would tell you, even if it caused the end of our friendship, I would prefer it end like this rather then because you though I didn’t trust you.

I took a deep sigh and said, “Naruto, I don’t know how to say this, but… The reason that I’ve been acting weird lately is,” I stole a quick glance at you and noticed you were growing impatient, “I like you, Naruto.” I again looked up to see you in a state of shock. Your eyes were wide and your mouth was slightly open. I didn’t know if I should run or see what you have to say.
“But, you’re a boy. Boys are meant to like girls… Not other boys,” you had said to me, your face no longer in a surprised state, but now one of disgust.

To a chair we see your breath in the air
but only for a little while
Your cold pale skin and tainted purple lips
Let me embrace you with this kiss
And together we'll float like angels
Together... together we will float like angels
Higher than the heavens the clouds part ways
'Promise me to never look down!' and we'll stay like this forever


He had broken my heart and my hopes. He had made me feel like dirt, worthless and filthy. He had made it sound like it was the plague all over again. I would never be able to face him again. I would hide myself in my house forever. I didn’t come out of my room for days. I could still hear what you had said, and it crushed me every time my mind would replay the scene. I hated your cold heart, but I dreamt about you every night, we would be together and we wouldn’t have a worry in the world.

If your stomach feels weak than my work here is done
To hide from our twisted ways, I've been hiding in this bed
Been hiding in this bed for weeks


But now, after a year mourning my broken heart, I’m over you. I’ve got a new interest. His name is Sasuke. I’m sure you’ve heard of him. He’s from the legendry Uchiha clan and he’s quite the catch.

I still see you around the village, doing your daily chores, but now I wasn’t denying any feelings I had for you. I don’t need you anymore. I see the way you look at me when I walk past with Sasuke; the longing in your eyes. You had your chance Naruto, but you chose it to give it up.

“Gaara, who is that?” Sasuke’s voice pulled me out of my thoughts. I looked at him and I saw him pointing to you. “He’s always looking at you, do you know him?”

“I used to. We used to be good friends, but not anymore.” I replied with a small, sad smile on my face. Sasuke took my hand in his and laced our fingers together as we walked past you.

I took one final glance at you; your eyes are still the bluest I’ve ever seen. You open your mouth to say something but then you decided it was better if you didn’t say anything. Wise decision, Naruto, I don’t understand why people say you’re stupid. I turned around and walked with Sasuke towards a new life. One without you in it.