TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Deception by Akiru chan

[Reviews - 1]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: I do not own the anime Naruto, nor any of the characters from it. I do not make any money from the writing of this story.


Warning: Some spoilers and unbeta writting. ^_^


Chapter One

The years had begun to pass slowly, and Konoha was finally returning to normal. It was once again the happy care free place that Sakura knew as a child. Although its peace came at a price, many people died on that day she remembered so vividly. Orochimaru had finally returned almost three years after his first attack. He rampaged the town but the loyal shinobi of Konoha fought him bravely, holding him back or that seemed to be the case until his secret weapon appeared.

Sakura remembered her eyes filling with tears as she look into the face of her only love standing there besides the man who had taken him from her. His raven hair danced in the wind as his cold eyes scanned the place he once called home. At that moment she felt as if all hope was lost, Sasuke had really betrayed them all.

She was lost in an emotional world pool of emotions that she had hoped to never experience, but that was not the case. Those emotions could not be suppressed, especially the ones that came with a friends betrayal; pain, regret, sadness, and anger. All of which flooded he senses as she threw herself into the battle once again, killing blindly in an attempt to free herself of this pain.

But they did nothing to sooth her, for they were not the cause of the pain, he was. Her eyes fell on the man that had taken everything away from her. Anger clouding her senses. she took off after him determined to kill him. The next part happened so quickly she still to this day had hard time recalling it.

She had lunged herself at him and he had easily countered her attack, a smug grin placed on his face. She hated how he looked at her, like an ant that he could easily squash. Why? Why could she not stop him? Why did she have to be so weak? That was all she thought about as he prepared to strike the final blow.

Sakura instinctively closed her eyes waiting for the searing hot pain that was sure to come, but never did. Regaining her courage she opened her eyes, and what met her shocked her. Standing before her was Orochimaru a horrid expression on his face. At first she was confused at Why he had stopped his attack, that was until she noticed the hand protruding from his chest.

Orochimaru fell to the floor dead, drowning in his own blood. She stared in shock at the sight of his bloodied body. But who had saved her? Looking up her eyes widened with shock. Standing before her was Sasuke, his trademark smirk on his face. He didn't betray them, he had saved them all, he had saved her.

That was two years ago, back when she was still a chuunin, desperately trying to show her worth, but now she was a jounin and had shown her worth many times.

Sighing in contempt she looked to the two bodies laying next to her in the grass. They were the two people she cared about the most, even if one of them tested her patients. Naruto had matured a lot though, but he would still always be that little boy she knew in her childhood. Sasuke on the other hand had not changed at all. He still was his usual moody self but she was glad for that.

Yawning she finally sat up. They had been sitting here for a good hour or so waiting for their sensei, although this was to be expected since Hatake Kakashi was never on time.

"What the hell is taking him?" Naruto finally said, become more and more impatient. "I wanna get going on this mission. I have been looking forward to this all week." They all had been looking forward to this. It was there first big mission in a while and they had been anxious to actually get out and do something.

"We all do Naruto but complaining about it won't help any of us." Sakura stated to the blond who in turn began to sulk.

"Sorry to keep you waiting." A familiar voice said, announcing the presence on their sensei. "I had too....." Kakashi tried to explain but was rudely cut off by Naruto.

"Save the excuses, lets just get going." Naruto shouted and this time everyone agreed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The mission had gone well up until now. They were in charge of seeing an important scroll returned to a high ranked individual in grass country, traveling to the designated spot they had come across no obsticals, until they reacted the small clearing where they would meet the scrolls owner.

They had entered the clearing cautiously and for good reason to, for in front of them laid the mangled body of the scrolls recipient. He had been murdered, which meant the murders might still be around,

Looking around Sakura scanned the many oaks that surrounded them. All seemed to be clear, or at least to the untrained eye. Sakura though was very well trained and she easily picked out the enemy nins hiding in the lush foliage around them.

She quickly looked at her companions who confirmed that they knew of their presence as well.

With a nod of Kakashi's head the battle began. By the looks of things they were greatly out numbered, but that did not discourage them.

Sakura reached for her kunai, not want to get in close combat with any on theses shinobi till she could asess their skills. She threw the weapon as one of them began to advance. The kunai struck the nin in the shoulder, but it didn't seem to phase them. To her horror the kunai even fell out leave unmarked skin in it place. But how? was all she thought as she dodged an on coming attack. Where they really human or was this some type of genjutsu?

Her companions seemed to be having the same kind of trouble. Nothing seemed to harm them, and if you slashed right through them they would just reattach themselves. It was impossible to fight them, but since they seemed to be mere ploys there had to be someone controlling them, and that was who they had to find and attack.

"There in the tree." Sasuke yelled as he finally spotted their real enemy.

Sakura looked to placed where Sasuke had pointed out, and she wasn't surprised to see that he had been right.

"Ah so you have found me." A amused voice said, filling the entire clearing. "To bad I can not stay, but I will leave you with a nice present... Yeah." And then he was gone, but the figures stayed, although the stay completely still.

For a moment they thought that all was clear until..... "Everyone get to cover!" Kakashi screamed as the inanimate bodies began to grow around they. "They are going to exploded." That was the last thing Sakura remembered before she felt herself being thrown back by a tremendous force. She soared through the forest until he back met with a large tallow, making her loose all consciousness.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sakura was immediately aware of a sharp pain in her back and head. 'What happened to me?' she wondered as the memories of the battle came back to her. That’s right there was a bomb. She tried to sit up quickly as the thought of her friends hurt floated to her mind. But as she did so a searing hot pain shot through her arm. Opening her eyes she saw her arm laying there lifeless covered in blood. By the looks of thing it was broken, the bone cutting right through the skin. The sight of it made her stomach turn, she would have started to heal it but this was a tricky wound. She need to replace the bone and that would be hard to do in her current state. She would at least need someone to assist her.

"Ah so I see you are finally awake little kunoichi." someone asked. Sakura's head shot up as she looked into amber eyes. So this was the man whom attacked them. She looked him up and down her eyes widening when she caught sight of the familiar black cloak. She had seen it only once before but she would never forget it.

"Akatsuki." She breathed out through her pain.

"So you know of us... yeah." He said with a grin before standing up. As she got a good look at him she noticed that he was quite young. He had a very feminine look to him, with his long golden hair and his nicely featured face, but despite all of that there was no way of mistaking him for a girl.

"Who are you?" She asked not want to seem intimidated.

"I should be asking you that." He said curtly. "But I am Deidara... yeah."

At least she felt a little less scared with him then she felt when she first met Itachi, but only by a little. This man still gave off a very powerful aura,

"Haruno Sakura...." She said through clenched teeth, the pain finally getting to her.

Deidara seemed to notice this. "That is one nasty break you got there."

Sakura didn't really care about that at the moment so she chose to ignore his question and ask one of her own. "Where are my friends?" She asked a hint of anger in her voice.

"You are the only one I found. Looks like the rest got away... yeah."

"So you want to kill me?" she spat at him.

"No I just want the scroll you have been caring." He pointed to her bag that laid open next to her. The scroll in plain view.

"What do you want with it?" She asked not losing any of her temper.

"And that my dear kunoichi is none of you business." He merely said, before retrieving it.

She tried to stop him but as she moved her hand the same white hot pain stabbed her hard and she screamed. That was all it took before the darkness claimed her once again.

Deidara looked down at her, pity shown clearly in his eyes. Knowing that she would die if left there he decided he would take her with him .Who knows he might be able to make some money off her with a ransome.

To Be Continued . . .