TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Clearly You Don't Understand by kiki15

[Reviews - 13]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: In chapter.
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto.


Clearly You Don't Understand


Key

S.S = Sick Shit (is more than likely NC-17 and etc.)

*thinking*

"talking"

*thoughts progressing into speech"

'substitute for italics' (Kyuubi or Soriyu at times)

//telepathy//

::scene change:: (more for my reference than anything else)

~POV~
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Summary: Thirteen years ago, Sarutobi was assassinated and his ward was thrown into prison by the biased council who believed it to be him. Now a bigger threat arises with an untimed resurrection and the tears of a forgotten man. (Sequel to The Fox and The Phoenix)


A/n: Alright, so I was totally reading over the last chapter and I literally slapped myself in the forehead when I realized: I didn't put Shi's or Chosaru's parents in! Lol, even though ya'll already know who Chosaru's parents are (Chouji and Shikamaru j-i-c you forgot) I had meant to reveal Shi's parents. So, here, sorry 'bout that, but they are: Aburame Shino and Aburame Ashui. Remember the initials on the handkerchief? Thought I forgot didn't you? Heh.

Also, I had a few questions about exactly 'how' Obake's necromancer powers work. Well...it's complicated. Okay, I know most stories say that necromancers bring back bodies without souls or that they cannot revive the dead to what they were before they died because of restrictions on their powers. However, in my odd mind, I feel that 'Master' Necromancers have a pact with Death (or the Shinigami in this case). For however many souls they resurrect/rebirth during their lifetime, wether taken from Death's grip or not (like Sanziya's), that is how many years they will have to remain under Death's right hand until they can go back to active duty (i.e: Be reborn and grow back into their powers once more.) so basically Obake has 500+ years of servitude waiting for her. Nice eh? If you need/want more info just email me.


Chapter Eight: Surviving


::Training Ground Fourteen::


~Author~


::Dream/Flashback::


"Smile you little bitch. It's your birthday and I'm going to give you your punches."


Naruto turns away to go to his room, shrugging off the older boy's threat. It wouldn't do to get in a fight, he needed to live in this orphanage.


"Don't turn away when I'm talking to you shortie!" the boy growls, grabbing the diminuitive boy by the shoulder. "You hear me?!"


Naruto growls, quickly forgetting his mantra to let his fist swing and smash into the boy's face with a strength that shouldn't be possible for a five year old, hearing a satisfying crunch as the boy's nose breaks.


The boy lets loose a howl of pain, clapping his hands over his profusely bleeding and slowly swelling nose.


"I'b gonna tell Mrs. Nanby on bou! Mrs. Nanby! The bittle freak hit be abd broke by nose!"


The small blonde child gasps in realization. If Mrs. Nancy caught him she would through him out and Jiji wouldn't be happy. He didn't want Jiji to be mad at him, Jiji was the only one who cared!


"No Johnathan! Please don't tell Mrs. Nancy, s-s-she'll beat me, she'll...she'll...she'll throw me out!"


"Good!" Johnathan manages to smirk and then wince in pain as an old lady comes hobbling out of a side office, chewing on a wad of tobacco and waving a wicked looking flogger in the air.


"What boy? What has that evil child done now?!" she asks, spitting off to the side in a conveniently placed pot. "I told Sarutobi he was of bad blood! Blonde hair and blue eyes and everything else to boot, he's unnnatural!"


"He broke by nose Mrs. Nanby!" Johnathan yells over Naruto's cries of 'it was an accident!', glaring in triumph at the frightened child as the acrid scent of urine fills the air. "Oh look, the baby peed himbelf Mrs. Nanby!"


"How dare you! I take time out of my day to scrub these floors and you soil them with your filth! Punching Johnathan too, boy? One of the best children here?! One hundred lashes!" she screams, raining blow upon blow down onto the boy with the flogger, making angry red welts whereever there is exposed skin. Naruto cries out with each blow, finally managing to find an opening and escape, wrenching open the door with his tiny hands and disappearing into the night.


"And don't come back you little heathen!" Nancy screams after him, grabbing a heavy clock off of the side table and chucking it at him. Thankfully it misses, smashing into the ground with a crack as Mrs. Nancy slams the front door shut.


:Konoha Streets:


Naruto scoops up some cool water from a puddle, thankful it had finished raining before he had gotten out of the orphanage as he rubs it over his painful welts, hissing in pain as he does so.


"Why does Mrs. Nancy hate me?" he asks, looking down at the puddle as he continues to rub more cool water onto his wounds. "I never did anything to her or any of the other kids, but they all treat me like dirt. Lower than dirt."


He begins to rub harder, trying to rinse away the pain.


"I'll show them! I'll show them all!" he murmurs, beginning to cry. "I'll become the Hokage and make them all like me, then I'll be mean to them like they are to me!"


He growls, slamming his little fist into the water and seeing sudden a flash of red in the ripples, but as he tries to focus, it disappears.


"Now that's not very nice little guy, who was being mean to you?" a voice asks from behind the blonde.


Naruto turns around, coming face-to-face with a young man, maybe around 20 or 21, with a horizontal scar across the bridge of his nose.


::End Dream/Flashback::


::Inside Naruto's Mindscape::


'Naruto, get up, time to go terrorize the Genin.'


Naruto grunts, stretching his arms as he sits up on the edge of the couch.


"I had another dream Kyuubi."


'Really? That's odd, you don't normally dream this much.' she asks, coming over to re-braid his hair into a long ponytail and replace the makibishi laced throughout it, knowing it'd carry over to the real world. 'What was it about?'


"The orphanage, I don't know where you were then, probably still sleeping, but I remember it very clearly. Mrs. Nancy was an evil bitch, you know that? I wonder if she's still alive."


Kyuubi shrugs, continuing to thread makibishi into the braiding process with deft fingers, not getting a scratch from the tiny spiked balls.


"Who knows? Maybe the old bat kicked the bucket after I left, it'd serve her right."


Kyuubi silently agrees, finishing the braid with a ghost of a smile on her face.


'Alright Naruto, go do your job, don't be 'too' hard on them please?'


Naruto frowns, flicking his braid around to catch it and clench it tight in his hand, letting the hidden spikes pierce the soft flesh.


"Thank you for re-braiding my hair, Kyuubi. I'll see you later, ne." he replies, avoiding the question and flicking the blood off his fingers.


::Real World: Training Ground Fourteen::


Naruto hms to himself, leaping to his feet and into the trees with practiced ease, but he stumbles slightly as his eyes start to burn.


"Ah, humble pain to keep me alive." he murmurs, reciting his thirteen year old mantra from those long, dark hours spent in the prison where bitter cold seeped into his bones.


He'd gone temporarily batshit insane in the first few years, when he was allowed no visitors and it was always dark and cold, so fucking dark that he couldn't even see his breath condensating in the air 'from' the cold. They fed him once a month or less he guessed, it was impossible to tell time down here. He hated it and was always doing something to occupy his attention wether it be tapping the side of his head with his growing fingernails or walking around to memorize every crack and corner of his cell.


Boredom and hunger had left him to killing and eating the rats that scurried around him daily. Luckily there was running water down there and he could flush his toilet and get his fill of cool water when the rats ran scarce. However, like anyone trapped in pure darkness for too long, he'd cracked, screaming and throwing himself at the bars of his cell, The Lake inside his mind churning and forthing with pain and torment, Kyuubi's normally soothing voice being overridden by the loud noise of the water.


"Naruto! Naruto! Please calm down! It'll be alright!" she screamed but to no avail. He'd grabbed a discarded rib bone from a rat and stabbed himself in the eyes over and over, ignoring or not hearing Kyuubi's pleas to stop.


"They wish to keep me in darkness? Make me insane?!" he asked to the empty cold air, a laughing tone to his voice as he continued, hot red blood running in rivulets down his face. "Hahaha! They don't know what insane is! Hehehehe! Darkness? Darkness?! They haven't experienced true darkness! Only I know true darkness!!!! Darkness and Pain! They are my life! Hehehehehehehe!!!!"


Naruto shakes his head to clear the memories as he rubs his eyes, they'd taken quite some time to heal (even with Kyuubi forcing her chakra to heal the self-inflicted wounds), and even now, thirteen years later, they still ached. A memory he supposed.


"Well, time to find the wannabes. Come out, come out, whereever you are."


::On the farthest side of TG#14::


"Do you think we have enough traps, guys?" Torii asks, finishing wrapping a vine around the bottom of two tree trunks and burying it carefully under explosive leaves. The slightest heavy motion could set them off. She makes three normal bunshin, henge-ing two of them into copies of Shi and Chosaru and having them mill around, acting like they're setting up things.


"Yes, and there are enough of my Kikaichu swarming around to leech off more than half of his chakra." Shi replies offhandedly, tacking a small but powerful explosive note to the underside of another leaf and laying it face down to the ground after imbuing it with a miniscule amount of chakra.


"Don't underestimate his chakra levels Shi, my dad told me that because he has the Kyuubi sealed inside him he has an insane amount of chakra and stamina." Chosaru murmurs as he finishes attaching something to the tree he's near and they jump high into the treetops without disturbing the leaves, taking off and trying to mask their chakra as they go.


Naruto appears soon after, landing in the thick of the leaves as the tags go off, each simultaneously triggering the other. Far off in the distance on a tree branch, Chosaru snickers to himself, having heard the explosion.


"That's what you get for kicking me in the stomach." he murmurs gleefully, but his joy turns to shock as he hears a familiar voice just by his ear.


"Oh really?" the blonde asks, reaching for the boy's throat and failing as he twists out of the way, a barrage of kunai slamming into him from the other two members of the unofficial team. The many Kikaichu hovering around finally perk up at the scent of his building chakra, beginnning to swarm over his body but beginning to burn and fly away in agony as the indigo aura surrounds them, casting them off like ants as the kunai lodged into various parts of his body begin to 'melt'. While the wounds immediately heal up, he tilts his head to the side with an animalistic grin as the Genin stare on in fear, momentarily forgetting that this is a test. "Now really wannabes, if you want to take me down, it's going to take more effort than that!"


Naruto growls, grabbing a surprised Chosaru by the throat and swiping his slightly dull clawed hand back, popping a hidden capsule in the process and smearing the fake blood over the struggling boy's neck as he draws away his hand. Chosaru's previously widened eyes slip shut and he drops limply onto the branch, out cold.


"Chosaru!" Torii and Shi scream, their minds in fight or flight mode, now completely disregarding the fact that this is indeed a 'test' to rush at their instructor in anger. Naruto simply stands still, hands hidden behind his back moving in synch. The angry Genin go for a split formation, intending to hit him in each side with multiple shuriken, only to end up hitting an unconscious Chosaru as he is put inbetween the attack, strung up like a puppet on indigo chakra strings. As the boy slowly bleeds to death from two fatal wounds in his side, Torii becomes violently sick, sinking to her knees and throwing up the majority of her breakfast. Shi shakes, his composure wavering as his remaining Kikaichu return to his body.


Then the corpse of Chosaru poofs out in a cloud of smoke and Naruto is behind the two Genin, his now razor sharp claws pricking the hollows of their throats ever so gently.


"From the mouth of a brilliant master fighter I once knew: You do not rush at an enemy without knowing their attacks, strengths, weaknesses, 'that is how you die'." he states, letting his nails regain their former dullness before pulling his hands away. "Chosaru isn't dead, he's laying on the forest floor with a possible concussion and/or broken limbs. I "accidentally" dropped him, talking shit about 'my' shogi skills, little bastard. Oh yeah, by the way..."


He pops two capsules on the Genin's chests.


"You're dead."


He steps back, stretching languidly and waving to them as he poofs out.


The two Genin blink in shock before Torii breaks down sobbing, Shi sighing and going to find Chosaru.


::Konoha Streets::


Naruto ambles down the road, yet another cancer-stick nestled between pink lips as he makes his way to the Hokage Tower. Villagers in the road quickly move out of his way, whispering.


*Still whispering. Still. I know what I am. They all know. What is there to whisper?*


'That is the nature of humans Naruto.'


*Then I am glad I'm not one anymore.*


Kyuubi sighs, although a slight smile sits on her face.


::Akatsuki Base::


"What's wrong, Zizi-koi?" Obake asks, threading her fingers through the hair of the phoenix woman sitting on the dais at her feet.


"Nothing love, I just keep having flashes someone with blonde hair. It's a boy covered in blood and kanji. Do you know who he is? Have we met him before?" Sanziya asks, leaning back into the other woman's touch with a sigh and closing her eyes. Therefore she doesn't see Obake's surprise or subsequent anger at the spoken words.


"No, I don't know him and we've never met anyone like that Zizi-koi." Obake murmurs, standing up and stepping around in front of Sanziya to help her to her feet, pressing her lips gently to the slightly shorter woman's forehead. "Come love, we have some things to prepare for, and I want to get you some new clothes. I can't very well have my precious little pet walking around in such drab colors, now can I?"


Sanziya giggles, following behind the blue haired woman like a lovestruck puppy, which, when you think about it, she basically was.


::Hokage Tower::


"Well, how'd it go Naruto? Do we have another batch of genin to add?" Tsunade asks, looking up from her paperwork only to see a piece of paper being held in her face. She quickly skims the heading of the paper, her eyes widening in shock as she takes it in. "Shinobi Resignation?!"


"Yes, Hokage-sama."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anaki: I. Love. Twists.


RC16: -dryly- So we see.


Anaki: -rolls eyes- Are you ready for Pissy Indian/Pilgrim Feud Day?


RC16: Huh? You mean Thanksgiving?


Anaki: No, I mean Pissy Indian/Pilgrim Feud Day. The Native Americans don't have anything to be thankful for. They helped the Pilgrims and then got turned on. Until they get at least 'some' of their rightful land back it will be known as Pissy Indian/Pilgrim Feud Day.


RC16: Wow...so I'm guessing you're just in it for the food since you're black?


Anaki: -grins- Racist sunuvabitch. But yeah. Only the food, I have a right to be pissed at the 'Man' too, they took my ancestors away from Africa (not that not it's a nice country in 'some' parts) and made 'em work on plantations picking fucking cotton and being beaten for 200 years, and then they think a little money will fix it. Bull-shit. (Course, nowadays that's all blacks care about because they're too lazy to get jobs and work for what they want, everything needs to be handed to them. I don't consider myself in that majority, I actually hold a steady job.) Come to think of it, most immigrants have a reason to be angry, all the crap they went through getting here and suffering, yeah, everyone except the people that didn't go through the proper channels. Yeah, I'm talking to you illegies. I don't have a problem with you being here, but at least be registered.


RC16: ...Do you have to give every holiday an obscure name?


Anaki: Yep, wait till you see what "Christmas" is gonna be.


RC16:......-sighs- I don't think I'll wanna know.


RC17: Kinda political? I dunno, ranting thing. Yeah, Anaki's weird. Lol, review guys! Sorry if we offended anybody by getting off topic or talking about this (albeit backwards) holiday in general. We love you all!