TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


As Clouds Go By And Sand Swirls by invisible_habits

[Reviews - 15]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Last chapter in this update. I've started chapter 11, don't know when it'll be up. Hopefully it won't take too long. Please review, it would feel so good to get some...
A couple of hours of talking later they knew each other better, but their own feelings were still a puzzle to them. On first impression they were so very different; Shikamaru was the slacker of slackers, while Temari was energetic and always aimed for the next level. But on the inside, in their minds and way of thinking, they were pretty alike. Perhaps that was why they had never sought the other out to find out what their constant thinking of the other could lead to…

“I should go to bed,” Temari said, a smile that wouldn’t go away still intact on her lips.

She was a female behind the hard surface, and that femininity held a certain degree of vanity to it. It had pleased her to know that Shikamaru had never been able to forget about her, that her first impression had lasted all those years inside the mind of the genius.

“Yeah,” Shikamaru agreed. “It’s getting late.”

He stood up, a smile on his lips also. The afternoon and evening that had just taken place were among the best he could remember. Many, many times had he seen Temari’s face among the clouds and wished that she was there with him, tonight she was. Holding out a hand he helped her off the couch. She glanced back down at it.

“Are you sure you wanna sleep on this…?”

It was an obvious invitation.

“No…”

Her heart skipped a beat at the simple word. It seemed she had no control of her words today. She hadn’t meant to ask the question, but she wasn’t sorry she had. His hand still held hers and she took a step closer to him, decreasing the space between them to no more than an inch or two. He was taller than her, but she didn’t mind looking up at a man. The only man who had ever made her feel small was shorter than her, and he had fierce red hair.

“Then don’t.”

She didn’t need to let the desire into her voice; it was clearly visible in her green eyes. They had darkened in color and Shikamaru’s did the same at the sight of them. She was so much of a woman, the kind he had always thought he would be afraid of. But his father had been right, just the glance of a kind smile on an otherwise strict face was enough to fall in love.

Am I that, in love? I think I might be…

Slowly he wrapped his arms around her slender waist and pulled her even closer, closed the final gap between them. It felt so good, having her that close. She closed her arms around his body as well, completing the embrace. For a while they merely stood like that, feeling the other against their body. Brown met green and spoke a language that made words unnecessary.

Is this love? Could it be that I love a man I’ve met twice in my life…?

Slowly she let her hands wander up his back to land on his shoulders from behind. Holding on to them she reached up on tip toes. He understood and leaned down a little bit. Thin male lips met ample female ones in a soft kiss, a careful and searching one. A sweet one that felt close to perfection. Shikamaru hadn’t kissed many girls in his life, they weren’t interested in the boring guy and his mind was hooked on the one now in his arms. Temari had had several temporary relationships, but nothing had felt as good as this. Had she known how short Shikamaru’s list of kissing companions was, she would’ve called him a natural talent.

Breaking away she took the lead, seeing how she was the more direct of the two of them.

“Come.”

Still holding on to his hand she took a few steps towards the bedroom. Shikamaru didn’t hesitate anymore, he followed her. He was grasping the chance of a lifetime as it was presented to him.