TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Scarlet Dawn by marionette

[Reviews - 47]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto.

Please review. ^^
-naruto-


The sky seems sad.

Barely holding back tears...

Barely restraining a wild emotion...

And I find myself reaching my hands out towards it, as if trying to somehow embrace it, soothe it, wiping away the imaginary tears I see there...

Maybe I'm being silly.

But it feels better this way.

It feels right.

To me at least...

To me...

It's what I need to do.

Coming here is what I need to do.

I can forget...

I can be...

I can blend...

Fade...

I don't know why I'm so intoxicated with this place.

With this strange and alluring presence I feel....

With this unexplained chill I feel at my skin every time I make my way through the reaching branches of the weeping willows...

I don't know.

But I like it here.

And if I like it...

Then why does anything need explanation?

My gaze sweeps slowly over the garden, lingering on the statue I see standing still and quiet amongst the wild crimson-stained roses.

An angel.

No, not an angel.

A saint maybe?

I'm not sure.

But it is beautiful all the same.

A woman, beautiful and white, with long cascading hair and wide, staring eyes...

The eyes...

They're strange, a little unnerving, raised up towards the hesitant clouds, so hopeless and sad...

Silent pleas linger at those marble lips, slender hands touched at her heart, frozen in place forever...

And for whatever reason I don't want to look at it anymore.

I turn away, letting my gaze shift back to the strange and beautiful flowers growing wild throughtout the untamed garden.

The whole place...

It seems so foreboding.

So lonely...

And yet so undeniably lovely.

I push my backpack gently to the side, resting my head on the soft overgrown reeds so that I can dream, open-eyed, staring blindly at nothing, feeling this strange and familiar feeling warming my skin once again.

It's as if...

As if maybe...

I'm being watched.

But not in a bad way...

Not scary...

It seems...

Almost...

Loving.

And just as I part my lips, to say what I'm not sure, the sky shatters.

Rain begins to fall like clear diamonds from the weeping clouds, and they're like tears, streaming down my cheeks in such an unnervingly familiar fashion that it disorientes me slightly...

I blink slowly, staring up into the grey and then, suddenly, I feel something cold and wonderful around me, ice sweeping across my cheek to wipe the raindrops from skin...

And I begin to register what I'm feeling and quickly, fearfully, I turn in that cool embrace...

And I feel the breath catch in my throat.

I'm mesmerized.

Intoxicated.

Drowning.

I'm drowning, drowning in those strange and lovely irises, choking on that endless blackness so that I'm slipping...

Slipping away...

And I hear someone laugh lightly, feeling those arms pull me gently closer, lifting me, lifting me into the air and carrying me...

But I can only stare, and I can only drown, and I can only choke...

But those eyes are so calm, so loving, almost fascinated as they continue to stare intently down at me.

And I can't register...

I can't...

I can't breathe...

But I hear something soothing, soft and gentle in my ear...

A whisper mingling in the soft tinkling of the rain...

You're whispering to me, telling me softly to breath, gently pushing me to not lose myself, telling me to just keep inhaling, just keep exhaling...

Just keep breathing...

And those perfect lips are turned up in a soft smile and all I can register is that I'm cold and that I'm still drowning and that I don't feel the rain anymore...

"Dobe..."

I blink slowly, almost sleepily, still unable to gather my thoughts, still unable to tear my eyes away from yours...

You're smirking.

And I'm lying down...

Lying...

On a couch.

And I can hear the rain but I don't feel it and I just can't think...

"You're heavier then you look"

You laugh, looking down at me with those poisonous, strange, intoxicating, black eyes and I'm suddenly awake again.

Breathing again.

And I'm not drowning anymore.

But now I'm faced with something entirely different.

Entirely more terrifying...

More strange and mesmerizingly beautiful...

More presicely perfect...

And I am looking at your entire face.

I'm afraid I'll forget how to breath again.


-TO BE CONTINUED-