TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Contest by Allos

[Reviews - 14]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Disclaimer: I can dress like naruto, I can act like Naruto, but in the end, I'm not Naruto. Nor do I own him.

If you are a NejiHina fan, you probably won't want to read this, but it's your call. This is my first fanfiction that is mostly a romance.
Naruto stood outside the ramen stand, patting his stomach. “Ahhhh! That was good!” he said to no one in particular. Now that he was full, he needed to find something to do. It was his day off, and he planned on spending it in the best way that he could. Looking around, he spotted a familiar face.

“Hinata!” he called out. The girl in question, who thought that she had hidden herself quite well behind a few barrels, jumped when he called her name. Naruto didn’t seem to have notice that she had been spying on him though, so she slowly walked out of her hiding place, pushing her fingers together.

“Yes, N-Naruto-kun?” she asked, lightly.

“What are you doing today?” Naruto asked. For lack of a plan of his own, he had decided to get ideas from other people. Of course, doing something with someone else was an added bonus.

To Hinata, the question almost made her turn and run away, but her legs her frozen in place. One part of her was terrified at where this conversation might go, but another part desperately longed for it.

“I-I… I have the d-day off so, um…” Hinata tried to think of something to say other than ‘I was going to watch you all day.’ Luckily, Naruto cut in.

“Really? I have the day off too! We should have a day-off-party or something!” Naruto didn’t notice how red Hinata was turning, while the latter was worried about how obvious her blush was.

“I-I, um, that w-would be really n-nice, Naru-”

“Hey, Naruto! Hey Hinata!”

The pair turned to see Sakura waving at them. Behind her was Shikamaru, Sasuke, Kiba, and Akamaru riding on Kiba’s head.

“Sakura-chan! What’re you guys doing here? Wanna go for ramen?” Naruto forgot that he had just eaten, and was ready to chow down again, but Sakura was having none of it.

“Of course not, idiot. That stuff’s totally unhealthy for you. You shouldn’t eat it either.” Sakura said.

“But Sakura-chaaaan…” Naruto pouted.

“Hinata! I was looking for you! What are you doing today?” Kiba called out to her.

Hinata would have liked to say, ‘Spending the day with Naruto’, but it looked like Naruto had forgotten all about her, so she sighed and answered, “Nothing, Kiba-kun.”

“Cool. Wanna hang out? I’ve got some stuff to get for Akamaru, plus some groceries.”

Hinata knew that this was a façade. Kiba didn’t like shopping in the least. It would probably take him all of ten minutes to get everything he needed. He was offering because he knew that Hinata liked to go shopping.

She looked back at Naruto, but he was still being yelled at by Sakura, and that seemed to take up all of his attention. “Okay, Kiba-kun. Let’s go.”

The pair walked off together, something Naruto didn’t notice until it was too late.

“Aw, man. Hinata left me here? Rats. We were going to have a big party, and stay up late, and dance, and all kinds of stuff. Or were we going to eat ramen? I don’t remember now.”

Sakura got a glint in her eye. “Shikamaru!” she yelled, pulling him over, and then shoving his towards Naruto. “Keep him busy.” She whispered. Then she turned her attention to Sasuke.

“I have a plan, Sasuke-kun.”

“Count me out.”

“Oh no. I need you in this plan. You’re the most important part.”

“I’m sure that you can find someone else with the qualifications.”

“It involves Naruto and Hinata.”

Sasuke groaned. Sakura had him on the ropes. How could he not help Naruto with his hopeless love life? Besides his obligations as Naruto’s best friends, it would be way too much fun to miss.

“Okay, what’s the plan?”

“It’s simple. We have a competition to see who can get Hinata’s first kiss.”

Sasuke blinked. Although he didn’t say it out loud, he though that this plan might be the only thing that could possibly make Naruto and Hinata even more distant. Instead, he said, very politely, “I don’t understand. Please tell me how this is going to work.”

“Well, we get a bunch of guys together. Say… You, Shikamaru, Lee, Kiba, and Naruto. And you guys convince Naruto to join this contest you’re having to get Hinata’s first kiss. Except everyone else is in on it, so they only make Naruto think that they’re trying, so that he tries, and then he kisses Hinata.”

“And… They fall in love and live happily every after?”

“Exactly.”

Sasuke groaned again. This plan left so much room for mistakes, they might be better off just forcing Naruto to kiss Hinata. At least that would be easier.

“But this seems like a mean contest. Naruto isn’t very mean. He doesn’t know Hinata likes him, so he wouldn’t want to steal her first kiss.”

“Well, you’ve got to come up with some way to get him to do it.”

“Please tell me you didn’t just ask me to get Naruto to try to kiss Hinata against her will even though it’s not against her will, Naruto just doesn’t know it.”

After a few moments. “Yes. That is what I’m asking you to do.”

Sasuke shoved his hands in his pockets. “Okay, but only on one condition.”

“What’s that?”

“We’ve got to get Naruto to think we’re trying to kiss Hinata without Hinata thinking that anyone but Naruto is trying to kiss her. Therefore, we’ll need some fake Hinatas.”

“You mean me.”

“And Ino. Maybe Tenten. The point is, Naruto has to see us with someone.”

“Fine, we’ll do it if you guys get Naruto to join the contest.”

“Just like that? You’re not even going to ask the others?”

“I know that they’ll join in. There’s no way they’d miss a chance to set those two up.”

**Later, in Sakura’s room.**

“Hell yeah! There’s no way I’d miss a chance to set those two up! This is going to be great!” Ino shouted.

“I don’t think this is a good idea, at all.” Tenten said, with a worried expression on her face. “There’s way to much room for error, and how are we going to act like Hinata so that Naruto really thinks that we’re her?”

“You sound like Sasuke. Stop worrying. Naruto won’t know the difference.” Sakura waved her hand at Tenten

“I though Sasuke’s word was holy scripture.” Tenten commented, but Sakura ignored her.

“So, Sasuke will drop me a line tomorrow, telling me who’s in on the plan, and then we’ll begin.” She said.

“If I have a talk with Shikamaru, I might be able to get him to join.” Ino said. Sakura nodded.

“You should get right on that. What about Chouji?”

“He’ll be easy enough to bribe with food, although, are we sure we want him in on it?”

Sakura put her hand on her chin, obviously thinking hard. “Hmm. If he wants to do it and we say no, he might squeal to Naruto or Hinata. So let him do it if he wants, but not otherwise. Don’t offer him anything for it.”

Ino nodded and headed for the door. “Right. I’ll get right on it.”

“Now, Tenten, how are Neji and Lee going to be about this?”

Tenten sighed. “Neji won’t get involved. Besides, he’s her cousin, that would just be wrong. If we let him know, he might help out other ways, though. As for Lee, I’m sure he’ll be all for it.”

Sakura nodded slowly. “Okay. So I’ve already gotten Sasuke to do it, so that just leaves Kiba and Shino. Sasuke will talk to them.”

Tenten hung her head. “I don’t want to play Hinata, though.”

“What? What’s wrong with Hinata?”

“Nothing, but Sasuke obviously said that so that he could be close to you, without anyone thinking that he’s trying to be close to you.”

“If it’s that obvious, then I guess his plan failed.” Sakura smiled nastily.

“Well, yeah, he’s not exactly well-versed in the romance section of the ninja handbook. But the point is, I don’t want to do that with any of the guys.”

“You’re just saying that because Neji’s won’t do it.” Sakura pointed at her.

“Wrong. I’m saying it because trying to get them together is one thing, but making Naruto think Hinata’s doing things that she isn’t doing is wrong. I won’t do it.”

Sakura crossed her arms and put on her pouty face. “Fine. Be that way. But you’ll still give us support when we need it, right?”

Tenten stood up. “Yeah, I will. And when your whole plan goes to hell, call me, and I’ll give you support then too.” With that, she left Sakura’s room.

“Hmm, what a knob. Okay, now I’ve got to get some info on Hinata.” Sakura set off on her errand with the determination of a rockslide.