TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Kimiko Kazuki - Backstory by mst88

[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: When I first started to write the Kimiko fanfic I had picked today Sept. 24 as her birthday(which will be eventually explained in her parents backstory). So I wanted to put up what I had done so far(this is raw and unfinished)to give a glimpse of Kimiko's life in a happier time.
Chapter notes: I marked this as complete since I'm not sure when I will be adding more to the story, more than likely at the end of part one of Naruto(before the break, which I am working on slowly also since it's 99% my own work)
Crawling under the low branches, Kimiko Kazuki ignored the faint pain in her knees caused by small stones and roots as she crawled as close to the center of the bush as she could, bringing her knees up to her face to stifle a giggle as did her very best friend Naruto Uzumaki. There was no way her father was going to find them in there.

“Remember Kimiko and Naruto, even an Elite Shinobi has to retreat and hide from an enemy every once in a while. They aren’t infallible, sometimes even they need time to reassess a situation.” Her father and Naruto‘s guardian, Shiiba Kazuki’s deep voice floated through the woods of the training grounds. “Retreating or even hiding isn’t a sign of weakness, as long as you aren’t putting your comrades lives at risk.”

Kimiko noticed her father’s voice hadn’t moved since they were told to hide, she wondered what he was waiting for.

“Oh and the secret to hiding effectively Kimiko,” Her father’s voice chuckled from the same spot. “Is not to show a trace of where you are at.” The voice was closer as the branches of the bush parted revealing the tanned face of her father, smiling big as a hand held her blue hair ribbon in the air.

Kimiko placed a hand on her head, she hadn’t even realized she had lost it from her hair. The small twig’s and leaves of the bush held her hair from her eyes, making her think it was still there. Naruto burst out into a fit of giggles.

“You have to be aware of your surroundings Kimiko, that goes for you to Naruto. You have to be aware of your teammates condition, incase they are put under a genjutsu.” Her father smiled reaching in to the bush to pull the plant away from her hair as he pulled her and Naruto out, hugging them both close.

Kimiko looked over her fathers shoulder to see the Jonin uniformed clone standing, smiling where they had started their training. Punching her father in the chest, Kimiko struggled to get out of his embrace. “That’s not fair, you used a clone!”

“You are slick Uncle.” Naruto laughed as he kept an arm around his neck.

Shiiba head fell back as he laughed boisterously at their remakes. “Do you think an enemy is going to play fair? There are enemies out there that wouldn’t think twice about killing a child, especially one from our village.”

Looking at her father, Kimiko’s amethyst eyes widened, she could tell he was serious by the look in his dark eyes. Her arms went around his neck in a tight hug. “You’ll protect us, right Father?”

“For as long as I can, but I won’t always be here, that’s why I’ve been training you both for so long my Princess.” Her father smiled, hugging them both again. He then rumpled Naruto’s spiky blond hair, causing him to giggle more. “Once I’m gone it’ll be up to Naruto to keep you safe.”

“But I have to be Hokage first Uncle, that way I’ll know nothing can defeat me and I can protect Kimiko like a Princess should be protected!” Naruto vowed with a clinched fist to show he was serious.

Kimiko released her father’s neck to give Naruto a hug. “I always feel safe with you around Naruto.”

Shiiba laughed again. “Alright you two, we better head home before your Mother comes looking for us because we missed dinner.”

“I want a ride Uncle!” Naruto asked climbing up on to Shiiba’s shoulders, moving the mans long black hair over a shoulder out of his way. Naruto then rested his arms on top of Shiiba’s head as he grinned down at Kimiko from the coveted spot.

“Humph, well I’m going to be a big girl and walk all the way back to the village.” Kimiko jerked her face away from Naruto as she squirmed to be released from her fathers embrace.

“Hey, now just hold on Princess or you’re going to end up falling.” Shiiba warned leaning to put Kimiko safely on the ground causing Naruto to grab on to Shiiba’s face so he wouldn’t fall himself. “Whoa there Naruto, hold on.”

Kimiko balled her fists as she put them on her hips. “Can we race Father?”

Shiiba kneeled down next to Kimiko, holding the ribbon out to her. “Before we do anything, we better get this back where it goes.”

With an expert hand Shiiba replaced the ribbon back into Kimiko short dark red hair, holding the same length bangs back.

“I’m so glad I’m not a girl, what a pain it’d be to have hair like that.”

Shiiba laughed as he stood back up, reaching up to rumple Naruto’s spiky blond hair. “Not all of us can have hair that stands up like yours Naruto. Okay we had better go and no we are not going to race Princess.”

With arms crossed angrily across her chest, Kimiko started to stomp down the worn path of dirt that lead around the first training ground, the smallest of the training grounds that dotted the Village Hidden in the Leaves which was their home.

As they entered one of the main streets of the village Kimiko spied a very familiar black spiky ponytail walking not far ahead of them with his dad. Kimiko took off running towards her other very best friend.

“Shikamaru!” Kimiko called out as the boy and his dad stopped walking.

Shikamaru Nara turned towards the voice that called out his name giving the energetic girl a lazy but happy smile as he braced himself when Kimiko through her arms around his neck in a hug. He returned the hug to his life long friend, letting her hang on him after he let go. “Hey Kimiko, Naruto what are you two doing?”

“Father was teaching Naruto and me about how to hide.” Kimiko smiled. “He found us by using a clone, it wasn’t fair.”

“Losing your ribbon was what gave us away Kimiko.” Naruto added with a grin. “So what have you been up to Shikamaru? I haven‘t seen you in a few days.”

With a sigh Shikamaru stuck his hands in his pockets. “ Dad drug me out to check the dear in the Nara Forest, it was a drag.”

Kimiko’s eyes looked up at the older Nara, noticing the travel pack on his back. “That sounds like a lot of fun. How are the dear doing Mr. Shikaku?”

“The herd is growing.” Shikaku Nara answered in his deep gruff voice. “Hey Shiiba, think you can get away later? Choza, myself and Inoichi are having an um, informal Jonin meeting.”

Shiiba arched an eyebrow at Shikaku, as he glanced down at the two kids. “I’m sure I can get away once the kids are in bed. Hiroko wanted some quiet time to work on some new sealing techniques for Sensei the next time he’s in town. But right now I need to get these two home for dinner before Hiroko comes looking for us.”

“I am getting really hungry Uncle.” Naruto playfully tapped Shiiba on the head.

“Oh hell, that means we better get a move on it to Shikamaru. It’d be a drag if your Mom gets on my case as soon as we get home about being late.” Shikaku moaned patting Kimiko on the head.

Kimiko gave Shikamaru another hug before letting him go. “We’ll see you later Shikamaru. Oh before I forget, Choji wanted me to tell you, if I saw you first, that we are getting together for hide-and-go-seek tomorrow after breakfast.”

“Okay, sure.” He replied yawning. “I was kind of hoping to sleep in but okay.”

“Yeah like your Mom would let you do that.” Shikaku laughed as he put a sympathetic hand on his sons head. “See you later Shiiba.”

“Hey Shikamaru, don’t you end up falling asleep when we play anyway?” Naruto joked receiving a smile from their friend before they headed their separate ways.

Kimiko slid her hand into Shiiba’s as they made their way through the busy street leading toward the building that housed their two bedroom apartment. With a pout on her small round face, Kimiko spoke up after a few silent minutes. “Shikamaru is so lucky that he gets to leave the village.”

“Yes, in a since I guess he is Kimiko.” Her father agreed giving her hand a small squeeze. “Even though he was traveling within the borders of the Land of Fire, the trip to the Nara Forest can still be dangerous. Remember me telling you about bandits and robbers, there is also rouge ninja from the Land of Fire as well as other nations that wouldn’t think twice about trying to take down somebody of Shikaku’s status.”

“I think I’ll just stay in the village all my life Uncle, just to be safe.” Naruto piped up with a slight quiver to his voice.

Shiiba patted his leg in reassurance. “I didn’t mean to scare you Naruto. Leaving the village and traveling is safe, you have the ANBU Black Ops, Jonin and Chunin that patrol our lands to make sure everything is safe.”

“Besides Naruto, if you want to be Hokage you’ll have to leave the village sometimes to meet with the other Kage and Feudal Lord.” Kimiko reminded him, reaching up to tug on his shoe.

Naruto moved his foot so Kimiko missed, almost hitting Shiiba in the face with his shoe in his effort to get away. “Alright, home isn’t far away, down you go Naruto. We’ll race the rest of the way.”

“We’re going to win!” They squealed as Kimiko and Naruto grabbed on to each others hands as they raced ahead of Shiiba who watched them run.

Minato, Kushina can you see how well Naruto is growing? He looks so much like you Minato and acts like Kushina sometimes that Hiroko has to leave the room in tears. I hope we are raising him how you would have, giving him all the love that we can. Shiiba realized that the children were nearly at the apartment building doors, so he took off running as he laughed. “Wait for me you two!”
Chapter end notes: I will eventually edit this but I've been busy trying to get chapter 14 done of the original story.