TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Not Your Average Shinobi by purpledinosaur

[Reviews - 1]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: This is my new story! I worked really hard on this first chapter, and I hope I get a lot of reviews. This is my first shot at a fanfic involving, if briefly, Minato, so don't scold me! Anyways, read and review!
I walk down the hall, my cheeks tear stained. The roars of the evil thing outside seal the fates of the defenseless villagers. Well, not defensless. They have the village’s shinobi looking after them, not that they’re helping much. This hell started three hours ago. My baby brother was born three hours ago. My mother died in child birth three hours ago.

Turning into the small nursery we quickly made up for Naruto, I see my father, Minato, leaning on the side of the crib. Naruto is crying, and my father is muttering something to himself. I take a few steps into the room, expecting my father to pick up on my chakra and turn around. He doesn’t, so I clear my throat. He glances at me, a forced smile plastered on his face. I notice wet trails on his face. He must have been crying, too.

His blue eyes, so much like my own, don’t have their usual shine. They’re a shade darker than usual. His gaze drifts back to the crib. Naruto stops crying suddenly. I wonder why, but I dismiss the thought quickly. There is something going on that I don’t know about. Something dangerous. Glancing between my father and the crib, I speak my mind.

“What’s wrong, Father? Have you found a way to stop the demon outside?”

He slowly nods his head as he says, “Yes. The sealing jutsu I have created should work. I’m going to seal the Nine Tailed Fox into Naruto, but for the sealing to work, a death is needed.”

My eyes widen when he says ‘death’.

“Are you saying that you’re going to seal that damned thing inside of Naruto and he’ll die?!”

He glares at me and says, “Don’t swear!” His eyes soften when he sees my anger. “No, I’ll seal the Fox inside of Naruto, and let the spirit of death take my soul instead of your brother’s.”

“You’re going to let that monster reside in Naruto?! I swear, if you d that, I’ll kill him! That thing is not contaminating my little brother!”

“He wouldn’t have to be your brother. I could tell have his last name be Uzumaki instead of Namikaze. Would you prefer that?”

I clench my fist and grit my teeth as I bite out, “I won’t let that demon take your life. I’ll get revenge on it. I swear to you, your death will not go in vain.”

He picks up my brother…no, the vessel for the monster. He brushes past me, his face emotionless. When he’s about to turn the corner he whispers, “My death means peace for the village, Jezz. Get that through your head.”

I follow him out, holding back the urge to shake him back and forth to knock some sort of sense into him. When we reach the entrance to our home, two jounin appear in front of us, a male and a female. The girl ushers my father out. He takes three steps out of the house when he jumps up to the rooftops. I feel the sting of tears as I go to run after them. A pair of strong arms stops me as I try. I glare behind me at the male. He has silver hair, one black colored eye showing, his headband covering his other eye, and a mask covering much of his face. I swing my leg back and it crushes into his groin. I hear a grunt of pain and the man’s grip weakens. I break out of his grasp and jump onto the rooftop.

It feels like I’m traveling in slow motion towards the roaring of the beast. All I can see of it is a scarlet mountain with nine fiery tails shooting out of it. A fast moving blur of white, red, and blond is ahead of me.

“Dad! Please! Don’t do this!” my voice is taken away by the wind. I’m not even sure if he hears me.

I follow my father all the way to the battle field. Leaf Village Shinobi are relentlessly attacking the monster in front of me. I can now see the blood red eyes, the pink gums, and the razor sharp teeth that are stained red with blood. Its tails whip around rapidly, taking out many unlucky ninja. Each step it takes, an explosion of dirt knocks back many. The gruesome scene before me almost matches my hatred for the thing that will soon be my brother.

I can’t see my father through the chaos, but I know he’ll be near the fox. I jump down into the battle and automatically hear my name being shouted by the ninja who know me from around town or from turning in missions. Shock is apparent on their faces, but I don’t care. All I need to do is find my father.

I go to scream at the shinobi, question them about my dad’s whereabouts, but a poof of smoke shows me his location. My father’s summoning, Gamabunta, is almost as big as the fox. His giant katana rests on his side and my father stands on top of his head. I can hear his deep voice from here.

“Our last stand, eh? Let’s bring down this fur ball!”

I run towards Gamabunta and jump him. He immediately recognizes my presence.

“Jezz…” is all he says, but it’s enough to alert my dad.

“Jezebel Namikaze! I told you I’m doing this for the safety of the village. Stop acting like a spoiled brat, and stop being so selfish!” his voice is stern, though he doesn’t even glance at me.

“I’m not being selfish! I don’t want to lose my family all in one night! First mom dies, then you say your going to seal this…this thing inside of Naruto, and…you’re going to die because of it!” I say the words rushed, feeling if I say them slowly I’ll cry.

I only hear one word from my father.

“I’m sorry.”

Gama’s tongue comes out of his mouth and Dad lays Naruto on it. He does hand signs unrecognizable to me. He grips the fox and and it feels like ages until he finally lets go. He places his hands on Naruto. Whiskers form on his cheeks and a seal forms on his stomach. I clench my hands as I watch my brother slowly disappear and the monster take his place. My father drops dead and Gama lays the vessel on the ground. In a poof of smoke, I fall to the ground. Hatred and loneliness is all I feel as my world fades to black.
Chapter end notes: Ok! There it is! Sorry for the shortness! I really don't know when I can update again so I won't set a time...but hopefully it's soon. I hope you like this story because I made this character last year. Well, I hope I can get my readers back. Peace out and read on!