TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Identity Theft by YourIdiotWriter

[Reviews - 3]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: This is also the remake of a story that used to be called Unforgotten Past. It follows the story of two identical twins raised and used as test subjects by Orochimaru. As a result, their morals and beliefs may be a little on the peculiar side. However, a little taste of Heaven may spark a new train of thought within them. This story has no set updating schedule.
Chapter notes: There's a lot of things in Hidden Past that I'm currently trying to fix, so here's the prologue of a story that was once known as Unforgotten Past.
In a small village near the western borders of Ta no Kuni, the Rice Field Country, a young couple made a decent living by selling hand-made instruments. The husband was a descendant of the feeble Tsubanashi clan while the wife was the daughter of the village’s carpenter. Although there was nothing particularly special or notable about them, they lived a happy, satisfying life in their small yet prosperous village.

Although their daily life was peaceful, the couple felt although they were missing something. It was then that they decided to have a child, but after nine months, Mother Nature surprised them with two beautiful identical twins, born only minutes apart. However, things did not go as smoothly as they had hoped.

The two newborn daughters were alive, but sickly. They had weak hearts and did not cry when they were born. The doctor who had helped with the birth informed the couple that their daughters were expected to live no longer than a week or so. As mentioned before, the father is the descendant of the Tsubanashi clan, and also as mentioned before, they are not quite known for their powers or kekkei genkai.

In fact, the Tsubanashi clan has a reputation for producing rather weak offspring, so the fact that the daughters were born sickly was not as much of a shock as it normally would have been. Most of the Tsubanashi descendants never dare to follow the path of a shinobi, but there have been the lucky few who have been able to put their passive kekkei genkai to use. The clan’s kekkei genkai enables the clansmen to see what chakra nature other people have. This is merely a trait that the majority of the clansmen have, so it also was no shock when the couple saw that they shared a particular glint in their eyes with the father.

Still, this did not change the fact that they were sickly. Despite trying desperately to nurture their two daughters back to health, nothing seemed to work. Gradually, the couple began to lose hope. However, as if waiting for the time to be just right, a mysterious individual arrived in the village and offered to give the twins the power to live on.

This man admitted that this process may not be successful and should it succeed, the twins will have to face a new set of difficulties, but the difficulties that would come with the gift of life would be well worth it. What choice was the couple to make? Should they let their beloved daughters die, or should they let them live, but at with a weight forever bound to their shoulders? To draw the couple towards his side, the man then stated that the difficulties that come with what he planned on doing have been experienced by a select few in the past, and that there are those who are alive at this very moment who share the same burden.

If they can do it, why couldn’t their two precious daughters do the same? They may be sickly now, but once their health is restored, their strength will be just like any other infant’s. So, the couple finally agreed to let the man save their children.

The process went flawlessly and within a week, the twins were crying like any other newborn. They were healthy, which made the eyes of their parents overflow with tears of joy. However, these tears soon became tears of distraught and hurt. Only after the procedure was complete did the man inform the couple that he would have to take their precious daughters away with him. He claimed that it was so he could monitor their progress, so that he would be nearby if anything were to go wrong.

The parents objected. They would have never agreed to this if they knew they wouldn’t be able to raise their own children. The mother, through painful sobs, cried that she would much rather they let the twins die instead of knowing that they were alive and never being able to see them.

Not wanting to leave the parents so distressed, the man reassured the couple that they would be able to visit the twins on a regular basis. The daughters would grow up knowing the faces of their mother and father, but just in another environment that isn’t their birth village.

Once again, the parents reluctantly agreed, but were convinced when the man left them the location of his home. The next day, the man left with the two daughters, not turning back once to see the bitter-sweet expressions of the parents behind him.

Oh, how they wanted to go with the man, but the man claimed that his house was too small to house the couple. In return, the couple did not wish to disrupt the man and his work as he monitored their twins. Plus, his house was nearby, so it wouldn’t be too hard to visit their daughters.

A few days passed and the couple wanted to give the man some time to get comfortable with the twins. However, when the time came that they decided to pay their first visit, the only thing the couple met was an old, abandoned cottage with a layer of dust settled inside.
Chapter end notes: Thanks for reading. (: