TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


A Snake's Tale by Rowanrose, Hazard

[Reviews - 3]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Hey guys~ Weren't expecting this pairing were you? This is my (RowanRose) and Hazard's story, and we hope you like it. ^_^

Warning: The following story contains HORROR. 'nuff said.

Disclaimer: We do not claim to own or have any rights to the following: Care Bears, Whisker Lickin's, and Your Heart However Delicious It Looks.
Oh, and Naruto.

8/27/12
Prologue

The morning quiet set about the house in pools of dawn light. A girl walked with exaggerated care, slipping down the steps. The staircase creaked slightly, and the girl winced, glancing over at one of the closed doors. A baby’s piercing wail did not shatter the air, so she proceeded down the stairs and into the kitchen.

A basket sat on the table with a list beside it. She smiled slightly, picking it up to look it over. No matter if the house fell down around their ears, errands day would still be Wednesday. She heard the sounds of waking from above her head and sighed, putting the list back and beginning her breakfast preparation. As she was removing the large mixing bowls, a shiver ran down her spine and she glanced out the window – nothing but grass, rustling in the wind.

A sudden thud came from the stairs and harsh whispers of, “Shut up you blithering idiot!” and “I’m not an idiot, you moron!” broke the silence. Before a war broke out, she ran to the stairs and hissed up at them – “Quiet!”

Six tousled brown heads stared down at her sheepishly, proceeding down the stairs with quiet precision. They took over the kitchen with tempered exuberance, and she went over sternly to point them to the table.

It was a long table, set in a room that was an off shoot of the kitchen. Six boys of varying heights and sizes stood there, all hazelnut hair and grey eyes. Like the seven – six – dwarves, they looked expectantly to her for breakfast.

She sighed. “Yes, yes. Tora, set the table, Juni-nii, get the eggs, Oto-nii, do milk the cows. Hotaru, help Tora, and Yasuo – stop picking your nose.”

"Who died and made you king?" Tora asked, and the second eldest, Juni, smacked him. "Mom's sleeping and you want breakfast, don't you? Saori's it."

Saori frowned. "What do you mean, I'm breakfast!?"

They scattered to the wind and she wondered how her mother had handled eight children. Then she rethought that thought and wondered how they'd survived her reign. A slight grin crossed her face as she thought of those sleeping upstairs. She could hardly believe she was an aunt! She laughed and got to work. Breakfast for six adolescent boys is no easy task.

Once everything was set, done, and eaten, Saori got Tora’s help in washing the dishes. The ten year old puffed his cheeks out for want of giving his most smart alecky responses, but she had the ladle and it stung .

The chill appeared again, and she glared behind her at no one in particular, as a laugh or a smile generally gives a culprit up. The little ones were busy playing in the living room, and her older brothers were talking about the day's work. Not a single one of them so much as glanced at her. With a frown, she returned to the dishes and said, "Tora, give me that."

He frowned sulkily, reaching over with the dish, and in his carelessness it slipped to crash to the floor, shattering.

Saori grabbed Tora’s hand a second too late, and the sound ripped through the air. She clenched her eyes shut, waiting for the cry, the scream.

After some frozen moments, they all breathed a collective sigh of relief and everyone took turns smacking Tora. Then life returned to normal, and Tora was ordered to broom up the mess of broken glass.

It was soon time for Saori to leave, if she wanted to reach the market in good time. Knowing this would be an all day trip, she left her brothers with instructions not to disturb their mother, their eldest brother, his wife, or the newborn. Their father would arrive later that afternoon and work could be left to him. Oto, the second eldest, and Juni were in charge.

As she stepped over the threshold, a shiver ran through her again. She glanced around the rolling hills of grass. The sky was slightly cloudy, and a slight wind stirred the dirt, but it wasn’t cold. She frowned. One of her younger brothers laughed. “Saori’s gone nuts! Seeing things?”

“Idiot.” She wore her shoes, and whispered one last goodbye before closing the door behind her. Basket on one hip, she topped the rise before her house without a second glance back.

Unbeknownst to her, even after her brothers closed the doors, someone continued to watch. A face in the grass with leering eyes that followed the girl. He tried to move closer, onto the path and at her, but some shock jerked him back and he glared.

Then he followed.