TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Don't go Changing by Foxxeh

[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: I do not own Naruto
The sunlight lanced through into an undisturbed glade, making the last translucent smoke shine hazy as it spiraled upwards. Laying full stretched by the dying warmth, replaced by the sunlight, was a shinobi with long, jet-black hair and relaxed features. Across the fire lay another discarded blanket, probably from the boy's companion. Haku was not needed on the mission Zabuza had gone off on, the demon needed to slake his blood lust. Besides, his young companion could use the sleep.

So, he took his time in waking, as far as nerves allowed. Habit had long since pounded a quick, if not easy, wakening and the almost immediate dispelling of the after-sleep bleariness that was so often a source of amusement in the morning for others. After five minutes, his muscles were agitated from lying concious apon the hard ground, and he sat up, long dark tresses spilling over the jumper-clad shoulders in a silken heap. Folding back the blanket and sliding out, Haku rekindled the fire with a twig anda allowed himself a little yawn, before pulling out a bag of rice from the haversack hidden in the shadows as well as a little pot.

With the fire burning brightly and birds chirping merrily in the nearby trees, all that was left was water to cook the hard grains in. Straightening, he went to the task, strolling through the forest towards the stream Zabuza and himself had passed over while looking for a resting place. Everything was so peaceful, if only Zabuza-san was there . . .

He smiled ruefully.

Of course, if Zabuza had been there it wouldn't have been peaceful, but that was okay. His master's company was more valuable than anything, even if he did stir things up abit. The soft giggle turned into a little sigh, as he filled the pot and carried it back, not registering the presence behind him. I am Zabuza-san's weapon and nothing more--

Something soft and furry brushed against his bare leg, and Haku looked down quickly. Small, insignificant, frail-looking, a tiny splotched rabbit was following him, big pink eyes trained on the youth, touched with just the faintest hint of heart-melting brown. He smiled for the first time that morning, as the small creature hopped behind him, following to the little glade where the shinobi proceeded to pour some rice into the pot, enough for two, and keep an eye on it while petting the rabbit along the spine.

His attention was appreciated by the little bunny, who made an almost purr-like noise and looked up at him with the big, liquid eyes. Intermixed colors, pink from one side of their lineage, brown from another. He smiled again, with an almost sorrowful beauty and sniffed, a tear drifting down his cheek. "I hope you find your Zabuza-san somewhere . . ."

-----------------------------------------------------------

From behind a tree, he was listening, bald brow knotted and heavy with thought. His weapon's last words made them even heavier, the hazel eyes lost beneath the confusion. He doesn't mean that . . . he does . . . damn . . . Blood was spattered across the Demon's pin-striped pants, the bandages creased into a grim line over his sharply angled face. Maybe, I can afford to be kinder . . . The sounds of the small rabbit leaving reached his ears, some rustling and little hops. Then Haku stirred the pot, knowing Zabuza would be back soon and hungry. To secure this, his stomache growled from behind the tree, making him freeze.

"Zabuza-san?"

"Hn." Prowling out like a child caught red-handed, he slumped by the fire and pretended to ignore Haku's welcoming smile. "Food. Now."

"Yes, Zabuza-san."

"Oh, and Haku,"

"Yes?"

"Don't go changing."

". . .?" When he was certain his pier, best friend, wielder, and rescuer was looking away, Haku allowed a quiet tear to slide down his cheek, out of happiness rather than sadness. The smile glowed on his face when the gaze returned. "I won't, Zabuza-san."

------------------------------------------------------------

Heh, I rather liked writing it . . . twas fun. That is the end, however ^^;

R&R please! First time for fanfiction, full length.