TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Kyodai by aseris2

[Reviews - 8]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: Please tell me what you think. And thank you very much for reading. Enjoy :) -Aseris

**Kyodai means brother**
It was originally meant to be just about their brotherly relationship, but the plot kind of changed with the second chapter, which you'll see after I finish it and edit it... by next week...? the week after?
Sorry, updates will be slow. -A Art (c) me Naruto (c) Kishimoto
Chapter notes: This is more like a prologue than a first chapter because there's a timeskip, but enjoy. :)

Hokori cracked his knuckles as the taller kid stood up to him. "You want to fight?" Hokori asked, glaring into Kuroshi's light brown eyes.

"Iriyashi, did I hit your head too hard last time?" Kuroshi asked. "Or do you really want to get beat up again?" He smirked arrogantly at the wimpy hothead before him.

"Shut up," Hokori snapped. "I was just unprepared." He looked at the ball in Kuroshi's hand. This was the twenty-seventh day in a row. Hokori had kept count. Kuroshi had been hogging the good ball for twenty-seven days. All the other balls in the playground were too old and flat. "I'm warning you. Give me the ball."

Kuroshi burst out laughing along with his friends, Haru and Daisuke. "You're warning me?" He mockingly looked over Hokori's shoulder. "You're kind of alone here, Iriyashi-chan. Where's your girlfriend? She's not going to save you this time?"

Hokori's eyes automatically snapped to the swings. Akami was still waiting for him and the ball. "Give it to me, Kuro," he demanded. "Now."

Kuroshi sighed, pushing the ball toward the white-haired Iriyashi kid. Surprised, Hokori reached for the ball, but Kuroshi pulled it back at the last second and bounced it off of Hokori's forehead. "Sorry," he smiled. "It slipped."

"You—!" Hokori threw a punch at Kuroshi, but the older kid hit his arm away and smashed his shin into Hokori's side. Hokori grimaced in pain, kneeling down and clutching his side, refusing to make a noise.

"Hey!" Iruka-sensei shouted as he caught sight of the boys. "Iriyashi-kun! Akiya-kun! Stop fighting!"

-_-_-_-_-_-

Hokori grumpily splashed the rag back into the bucket of water to wet it and dropped it on the desk to scrub. This was his punishment. Iruka-sensei sat waiting at his desk patiently, grading tests from earlier in the day.

There were footsteps in the hall before the door slid open. Hokori looked up to see his younger brother, Takeru standing in the doorway. He was three years younger than Hokori, but their father had let him come to the ninja academy a year earlier than Hokori had. Hokori secretly envied Takeru. He was their father's favorite, and he was always nice to everybody. It was so annoying.

"Hokori, here you are," Takeru said, walking over. He reached for the bucket Hokori had just set down. "Here, I'll help you."

Hokori snatched it away. "No! I'll do it." He spun away and started on the desk behind him.

"Just let him be," Iruka-sensei told Takeru. "He's just upset."

Takeru shifted the strap of his backpack uncomfortably. He didn't like it when his brother was upset. "What happened?" he asked Iruka-sensei. "Did he get hurt?"

Iruka shrugged and motioned him over with his forefinger. "Come here, Takeru. Look at this." Iruka pointed to the book in his hands.

Takeru left his brother and skipped over, standing on his tip-toes to look at the book. It was the seals of a jutsu. "What is it?" He asked, arching his eyebrows in his own cute way.

"Bunshin no jutsu. Clones. You want to try?" Iruka asked, setting down the book. "Here, I'll show you. Come over—"

"I’m done!" Hokori yelled out, interrupting them. He set down the bucket and walked toward them. "Let's go, Takeru!" He grabbed his brother's wrist and dragged him out of there.

"What was that for?" Takeru asked when they got out of the academy. "Iruka-sensei was about to show me something cool."

"We'll be late for dinner," Hokori scoffed. "That move's too advanced for you, anyway." He glanced at his brother. Takeru was smiling happily, as always. "Don't tell Mother or Father I got in trouble."

Takeru's eyebrows lifted innocently. "Why not?"

"Because I said so." Hokori crossed his arms. He walked a bit faster to be in front of Takeru. So it looked like he was leading Takeru home.

"Okay," Takeru said, unsure of his brother's motives.

-_-_-_-_-_-

Hokori chewed on his dinner slowly. He could hear his father talking to Takeru outside. They were training. His father didn't train him. Hokori had asked once, but his father had said no. Yet he had invited Takeru to train with him almost every night for three months now.

His father even had some students who trained directly under him, but before his father would accept them as students, they had to spar him first. Hokori didn't know how his father did it, but sometimes he'd take losers, sometimes winners. He had welcomed Hokori to challenge him anytime he wanted if he wanted to train with him. That didn't guarantee that his father would accept him, though. Hokori had already tried sixteen times and was ready to try again.

Takeru stopped the move his father was teaching him as he saw his brother walk toward them. "Otou-san," Takeru said, nodding toward Hokori. Takeru quickly bowed to his brother respectfully. "Welcome, Onii-san," he said politely. "Are you here to challenge father?"

Hokori only scoffed at him as he made his way to his father. "I challenge you, tou-chan."

His father studied him for a bit. "No," he said, surprising Hokori. "Let's meditate first." He smiled at his son. Hokori's temper was flaring right now. He needed to calm down or he would fight carelessly.

Hokori stubbornly stamped his foot. "I want to fight. Now."

His father ignored him, walking over to the center with Takeru. There was the clan symbol painted in the center, two dragons overlapping each other as they traveled opposite directions in a circle. There was a white dragon with mismatched eyes, red and gold, and a blue dragon with the same eye colors.

Hokori finally gave in and plopped down across from his father. He crossed his legs, closed his eyes, and took a deep breath. Meditating was easy. He had been doing it since he was young, but today he was extra restless. At times when Hokori couldn't just clear his mind, his father had taught him to picture a single, simple object, like a stone and picture all the little details on it. The dust, the scratches, the color spots, and maybe the rough edges. The first image that popped into Hokori's head was his father's forehead protector. He wanted to wear one so badly.

He pictured the shiny, polished metal. The light scratches. The perfect curve of the Konoha leaf. The rivets. The white cloth it was attached to. He pictured more and more details as time passed on, and by the time his father said they could stop, Hokori had an image of it knotted around his father's white and silver head of hair.

"Are you ready, Hokori?" his father asked.

Hokori's eyes narrowed in determination. "Yes." Hokori go in his proper place to begin and waited for his father's signal.

"Hokori," his father said. Hokori didn't like the look on his father's face as he said his name. It was more serious than he usually was. "This will be our last match."

Hokori looked down at his fist. He had to make this count. He couldn't come out last behind his brother. His father would accept him after this match for sure.

"Go." His father moved toward him quickly as Hokori threw a punch that his father easily deflected. One by one, Iriyashi Teruaki blocked his eldest son's futile attempts at hitting and kicking him. His attacks weren't thought-through nor controlled. His swings were as wild as his temper. Teruaki knocked Hokori off balance, making him trip and fall.

Hokori looked up at his father as he saw his fist coming down on him fast. He squeezed his eyes shut and braced for the pain, but there was nothing. He opened his eyes slowly and saw his father's knuckles a few centimeters from his face. Self-control. His father was a master of it.

Hokori's guts twisted in jealousy. This was the kind of stuff that his father only taught Takeru. He narrowed his eyes angrily. What was the point? His father had already given up on him. He did say this was the last match, didn't he? In one movement, Hokori whipped out a kunai and threw toward his head. I won't lose.

"No—!" Takeru exclaimed when he realized what was happening.

Hokori felt instant regret when he saw the look in his father's eyes. Disappointment. And sadness. His father didn't even blink as the kunai hit him. His head recoiled backward with the hit and dropped back in front of him as the kunai clanked onto the floor. Hokori and Takeru stared in silence as his father stood, unmoving.

"O-o-otou-san…?" Takeru stammered nervously. He looked around for traces of blood, but there were none. Takeru glanced over at his older brother. Hokori's body was tense, and he was holding his breath. His ears were getting red from the lack of oxygen.

"Hokori…" his father finally said, not raising his head. Takeru and Hokori leaned forward, not wanting to miss a word. "Go inside the house."

Hokori finally found his breath. "But, tou-sa—"

"I said go," his father said softly, interrupting the ten-year-old.

Hokori clenched his fist in irritation. He paused, wanting to apologize. He told himself to apologize, but he couldn't even look at his father's eyes. He stared at his father's shoes, waiting in case his father changed his mind and wanted to train him. Hokori already knew he wouldn't be changing his mind. He had actually known all along that his father would never accept him. Why would he accept him when he's already got a young, talented prodigy like Takeru? What would he want with a failure son who was always causing trouble? Turning away quickly, Hokori didn't look back.


Photobucket
Chapter end notes: Thanks for reading! Please review! Tell me what you think, or give me a simple ':)' or ':(' or something. Haha, arigatou. -Aseris

P.S. Updates will be slow. I've got about 86 more questions for my summer reading and school starts in fifteen days. -_-' I'm procrastinating at the moment. *facepalm*

Sasaui mentioned this in the reviews, but fyi.. tou-chan is another way to say 'father', but it isn't formal like 'tou-san' is. Hokori changed it to tou-san afterwards to be more formal because he was afraid of what his dad might say/think.