TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Into the Dawn by Shizake Uchiha

[Reviews - 6]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: A journal entry Shizake wrote during the war with the Dusk Village.
What is war? The dictionary describes it as a state of armed conflict between different nations or states or different groups within a nation or state. That's definitely for sure. Why does it exist though? Humankind itself has been fighting one another for as long as anyone can remember. Sometimes over different beliefs, though sometimes it's just for revenge. I sit here thinking, while studying my maps of the Village Hidden in the Dusk, and getting ready to conduct a small espionage mission with my good friend Naruto tomorrow.

I constantly find myself asking, "Who is the true victor in any war." Countless lives are lost. Loved ones are taken from their families. Brothers, husbands, wives, children, and cousins are killed. Is the enemy really that different from us? Sure they maybe the ones confronting us but they are just listening to their king...Or in this situation their kage. Those men are just pawns in a huge game of chess. As are we but we are fighting to defend our home. The one place where we feel safe, and can find refuge in a time of turmoil. We welcome those lost in open arms, but when one person threatens the very safety of our home, we are there in a flash to defend it.

Some say war will end for good one day. I say humankind is to cruel for that to ever happen. At least that's the realist side of my mind. The other half does believe that war will end one day. That we will achieve peace and be able to live amongst each other as brothers and sisters in harmony. I'm not very sure what to believe now a days, but you must keep going with your head high.

When we were young, the teachers told us of the sage of six paths, as a myth. They told of the sage who desired peace amongst the ninja world. This story is heartwarming...yet crumbles when you get further. The sage had two sons, one labeled Senju and the other labeled Uchiha. For as long as history goes, war started with these two. And over what? Power. One wanted to become the dominant brother of the two and that's how it began. Centuries and centuries have passed and we are still at war today.

No matter how you go about it the world has been at war even when war "ceased" for the moment. There are always internal and external problems that threaten the very stability of two or more nations and it will ALWAYS be those problems that lead up to war. The blood shed of two or more nations pitted against each other. It's a sickening thought really, but it's the truth.

I'm writing this for you Kuzake. One day when I pass, you will discover all these things I've left for you. This is for your own good so I hope you find these journal entries one day and maybe even pass it down to your own son when the time comes. Maybe you can be the one who will achieve total peace throughout the nations. I leave these philosophies for the next generation so maybe you can be the one to fix our mistakes. I love you son, I always will.


-Shizake Uchiha
May 16
Chapter end notes: Hope you enjoyed.